FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

The main problem is the clogging of the five holes underneith the screen. I'll be taking extra steps to make sure my bud is cured right, as I intend of using my FM for a long while, as well as my EQ. I just like to be extra cautious.

Amen there. That's why I started with the 3/8 screens. FWIW the newer stems come with the center hole drilled out which should help I'd think. BTW I wash mine in PBW (using a 'travel tube' from PV) assembled, enough agitation gets the screen/holes clear if you don't let it go too far.

Nothing wrong with caution, in fact it's genetic. Those of our ancestors who lacked it didn't live long enough to get back up in the trees in time.......

OF

throwawaytre3s

BTW I wash mine in PBW (using a 'travel tube' from PV) assembled, enough agitation gets the screen/holes clear if you don't let it go too far.

Nothing wrong with caution, in fact it's genetic. Those of our ancestors who lacked it didn't live long enough to get back up in the trees in time.......

OF

What is PBW? I've seen this acronym before but I can't for the life of me figure out what it means. I actually don't mind the screen in my FM mouthpiece, I just wipe it off after every use and it's been good. Could probably do with a good iso soak when I get home, though.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

What is PBW?

Powdered Brewery Wash
, a high tech super detergent specifically designed for cleaning brewery kettles and plumbing which gets gummed up with the very sort of 'burnt on hydrocarbon junk' we face. Cheaper, more effective and safer than ISO.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

It's buffered to work well even in very hard water, rinses clean, doesn't pollute and won't burn your house down. And it's cheaper.....no, wait, I already said that.

You can order it on line (Amazon has it) or buy it in home brewing supply shops. You won't believe it as it works on a really nasty, long abused bong. No drama, just clean. Be careful with glass pieces, it makes them super slick.

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I replaced that shit mp screen with a new screen cut from a @DDave adapter screen. Works a treat, improved airflow. Less clogging. I'm actually thinking of replacing the bottom(oven) screen now.

OF

I replaced that shit mp screen with a new screen cut from a @DDave adapter screen. Works a treat, improved airflow. Less clogging. I'm actually thinking of replacing the bottom(oven) screen now.

Sorry, I don't know this screen. Just how does it manage this? Larger holes? TIA

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It's just a mesh screen instead of the solid disc with holes. I find it much better.

kellya86,
Reactions: OF

OF

Gentle Friends,

I was just cleaning the MP on my Mini which I'd let go too long (against my own advice.....). I've taken to putting a loose 3/8 inch screen on top of the load which keeps the MP cleaner but is a hassle to load and unload and makes stirring a full fledged PITA.

I had to strip it down, it wouldn't wash out being too fouled. While looking at the pieces the little light over my head came on. I'd been looking at the solution all along but didn't look well enough. You know that little lip on the inside where the 5 larger holes are? I put a slight dome in the same screen (after flaming it clean) so it fit inside the lip then flattened it down enough to expand on the skirt and stay in place:
gwAqpHU.jpg

Most cool. Now it'll go even longer between cleanings........

OF

Canuck420

Guys, I just got a Mini and it looks like it may be DOA :( When I plug it in to USB (yes, the micro one on the bottom), the light doesn't go red to show it's charging.... Turning it on there's no lights either. Very disappointing.....

EDIT: Looks like it is charging now, the battery must have been so dead that it couldn't even show the LED. Will leave it charging now and see what happens.

Last edited:
Canuck420,

OF

EDIT: Looks like it is charging now, the battery must have been so dead that it couldn't even show the LED. Will leave it charging now and see what happens.

That can happen just that way. If it discharges enough below cutoff (stored too long?) you have to get enough charge for it to boot up to light the light. The processor (not some 'charge circuit') lights the light typically.

Remember to overcharge it (and all similar type batteries) the first use (only). At least four hours past when it thinks it's charged.

Then you can enjoy what we hope is a long and happy friendship.

OF

Canuck420

That can happen just that way. If it discharges enough below cutoff (stored too long?) you have to get enough charge for it to boot up to light the light. The processor (not some 'charge circuit') lights the light typically.

Remember to overcharge it (and all similar type batteries) the first use (only). At least four hours past when it thinks it's charged.

Then you can enjoy what we hope is a long and happy friendship.

OF

Yeah, I'm thinking that's what's happened.... Hope it didn't do any permanent damage to the battery since they don't like to be completely depleted.

I'll leave it charging longer like you say and do the burnoffs later tonight.

Canuck420,

OF

Yeah, I'm thinking that's what's happened.... Hope it didn't do any permanent damage to the battery since they don't like to be completely depleted.

Hopefully your OK. Typically cutoffs are set about 2.75 Volts, bad stuff doesn't happen until under 2.5 or so. The processor disconnects and you need a 'trickle charge' to get it back over 2.75 again to unlock it. That can take a long time, especially if you're watching it.

This too shall pass.

OF

Canuck420

Hopefully your OK. Typically cutoffs are set about 2.75 Volts, bad stuff doesn't happen until under 2.5 or so. The processor disconnects and you need a 'trickle charge' to get it back over 2.75 again to unlock it. That can take a long time, especially if you're watching it.

This too shall pass.

OF

Yeah, I watched it for what seemed like forever.... nothing.... tried another charger.... nothing. Thought I might as well leave it and see what happens, came on here to post.... Few minutes later it sprung into life. Must have been at least 20 mins!

Hope it's ok, it's even nicer in person than I expected it to be - very very discreet.

What's the total charge time on the Mini? It's been going 2 hrs now and still on red....

EDIT: Realized I was using a 0.7A charger, might be why it was taking so long.... Switched to a 2.0A one, hopefully that will hurry it along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Canuck420,

jackhammer

Heard from SMISS today and it looks like there is a Flowermate V3 Air Pro on it's way. Looks nice:

V3_2.jpg
V3_2.jpg

Temperature control from 40℃-230℃(104-446℉), new swapable 2500mAh battery, better cooling and micro usb charging.

Also sounds like they are reading our suggestions on the forums to help update the flowermate. From his email: Please also help me say thanks to all the members and guys for your frank suggestions and comments. We are always there to listen!

So keep the feedback coming

Last edited:

Canuck420

So it looks like my Mini is DOA after all, been charging now for 5 hours and still on red.... I guess the battery being totally depleted nuked it :( Gonna have to run the returns gauntlet now I suppose.

EDIT: It finally went green - took a nearly 6 hrs..... Seems that posting on here spurs it into action LOL

Last edited:

OF

What's the total charge time on the Mini? It's been going 2 hrs now and still on red....

EDIT: Realized I was using a 0.7A charger, might be why it was taking so long.... Switched to a 2.0A one, hopefully that will hurry it along.

2689 mAh on mine to go from where it failed to make temperature to .070 Amps at about .930 Amps max. So maybe 3 hours normally, maybe 4 with .7 Amp available after it gets back in range. The reason I cut it off is it can be very slow at the end, it can take a long time to put the last few mAh in and turn off the light.

Be patient.

So it looks like my Mini is DOA after all, been charging now for 5 hours and still on red.... I guess the battery being totally depleted nuked it :( Gonna have to run the returns gauntlet now I suppose.

Don't do it. You were wrong about it once already today. Have faith. Stick to the drill. All is not lost this time either I'm sure. If the light is on, the processor is live.......it will live to make vapor for you.

OF

Canuck420

2689 mAh on mine to go from where it failed to make temperature to .070 Amps at about .930 Amps max. So maybe 3 hours normally, maybe 4 with .7 Amp available after it gets back in range. The reason I cut it off is it can be very slow at the end, it can take a long time to put the last few mAh in and turn off the light.

Be patient.

Don't do it. You were wrong about it once already today. Have faith. Stick to the drill. All is not lost this time either I'm sure. If the light is on, the processor is live.......it will live to make vapor for you.

OF

It's green now..... patience grasshopper was needed! Leaving it a few extra hours now to trickle charge like you suggested - all night would be bad though right?

Canuck420,

OF

It's green now..... patience grasshopper was needed! Leaving it a few extra hours now to trickle charge like you suggested - all night would be bad though right?

No, overnight is fine. This is a one time deal, it can set the maximum charge capacity. The first discharge (under load) ends that opportunity. Ignoring it might loose you a (fairly small) fraction of that, it's good insurance. The goal is to get the maximum amount of the chemicals 'in the game'.

OTOH it should work OK right now, you could load it up and turn it on and make vapor.....

If it were mine I'd go another 4 or 5 hours, more is not a big deal at all.

Enjoy it tomorrow? It'll be ready and waiting for you I'm sure.

Glad you're back on track. Thanks for the good word.

OF

Canuck420

No, overnight is fine. This is a one time deal, it can set the maximum charge capacity. The first discharge (under load) ends that opportunity. Ignoring it might loose you a (fairly small) fraction of that, it's good insurance. The goal is to get the maximum amount of the chemicals 'in the game'.

OTOH it should work OK right now, you could load it up and turn it on and make vapor.....

If it were mine I'd go another 4 or 5 hours, more is not a big deal at all.

Enjoy it tomorrow? It'll be ready and waiting for you I'm sure.

Glad you're back on track. Thanks for the good word.

OF

OK, will leave it overnight and do the burnin's tomorrow.... thanks for the help!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@OF , I notice people are talking of overcharging the new flowermate battery. This is not productive in a lithium ion battery. They cannot be overcharged like an old nicd battery. They have no memory so even if you could overcharge it, it wouldn't remember.

After the initial full charge and discharge it is healthier to keep your battery between 30 and 70 %. This is how to make a lion live longer. Not overcharging it. And don't worry about leaving it on all night. They can't overcharge.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Looks like PIU is now stocking the titanium screen for the FM :). http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-Titanium-Screens-p/gen.120_scrn-mtl.fm.htm

There is a very clear picture of how the screen looks in the stem in the link. I don't know any others who were using this screen outside me but if you are buying any supplies from PIU get a few for the FM. There is no better screen you can use in the FM & gives great airflow.

Canuck420

Question on burnin's - sorry if it's been asked before.... Should you continually reheat or give it time to cool off in-between? Mouthpiece in or out?

Canuck420,

throwawaytre3s

Looks like PIU is now stocking the titanium screen for the FM :). http://www.puffitup.com/Flowermate-Titanium-Screens-p/gen.120_scrn-mtl.fm.htm

There is a very clear picture of how the screen looks in the stem in the link. I don't know any others who were using this screen outside me but if you are buying any supplies from PIU get a few for the FM. There is no better screen you can use in the FM & gives great airflow.

I'll be placing an order for these ASAP! I didn't have too much of an issue with the stock one, but still. It's good to experiment!

So would that screen go into the mouthpiece, or the bottom of the oven.
The mouthpiece screen!

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: Stevenski
Top Bottom