FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

GetLeft

Thanks for the reference, sorry you don't like FMs, many do, it's your call of course.

And thanks for the advice, please excuse my ignoring it. I'll stand on my record of helping folks out, how's yours? My opinion stands. If you think I'm out of line, please report me.

OF
Let's not be so sensitive, OF. You post what every you want. You've earned that I think?

GetLeft,
Reactions: OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I would really like to know some information on the extreme q battery pack, but the search function brings nothing and I just don't have time to read 100 pages or more searching for my answer. I shouldn't be worried that someone will take offense from me asking.
Isn't this more like a live source rather than an archive of information.

OF

I would really like to know some information on the extreme q battery pack, but the search function brings nothing and I just don't have time to read 100 pages or more searching for my answer. I shouldn't be worried that someone will take offense from me asking.
Isn't this more like a live source rather than an archive of information.

If you've actually searched, which is more than many/most I think, IMO you're done your part, ask away.

And please, dump that strawman. Nobody is going to take offense, attack the poster and refuse to answer. You have a case of that to point to?

And no, that's not the purpose as I see it. As the policy states "Let’s have some engaging and intelligent discussion". Exchange of ideas on topics of mutual interest. It's not primarily intended as a resource for folks looking for easy answers, although that happens too of course. Many of us are happy to help, especially new guys, but think that task would be less effort and these Forums shorter and easier to navigate without all the repeats. KF summed it up well I think. You either repeat a bunch of stuff already done many times or let the new guys flounder or be left with incomplete and often unsupported opinion expressed as fact. Information here should be reliable.

So what's on your mind? IMO it's highly likely someone will have experience based opinion to offer....hopefully correctly identified as such.

Regards,

OF

kellya86

Herb gardener...
One other thing I have noticed is that the FC search doesn't actually work, when I know there is something in a thread because iv read it. Then I can't find it with search. I have more luck using Google search to find things on FC.

kellya86,

throwawaytre3s

Yeah call me lazy but i didn't fancy reading 116 pages.

You know, at first, I really loved (and still do) the way FC organizes threads about specific devices. It makes it easy to find good discussion, and keeps the board free of clutter. For all the repetitive questions in this thread, imagine if every one had a new thread. On the other hand, you're right, searching the threads is a pain sometimes.

I have more luck using Google search to find things on FC.

Hate to double post, since I just replied, but also, using the modifier site:fuckcombustion.com on google helps a lot.

mod note: Then please don't, use the edit function instead. Three posts merged.

I'm considering buying a silicon mouthpiece for mine, just to have. Anyone have one that wants to comment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bebop

Way of the Mild
I forgot to inform you guys , when I opened up the pro , the big difference between the pro and 5.0s is the tape inside the vape , the battery for the pro is not taped together like the 5.0s, it seems to be welded on to the vape . So far loving the pro , the buttons are a big improvement, the quality is improved and it seems less likely to be turned on by accident.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
One of my favourite ways to use the Pro was to slip a silicone O ring over the stem & hook it up to my 14mm precooler, silicone whip plus a EQ mouthpiece. If I had a J Hook I would have used it but worked pretty nicely in conjunction with the FM Pro just slipping a foot of silicone tubing on & adding a glass mouthpiece.

Another good method for higher temp vaping with the FM is to add up to 6" of silicone tubing & a mouthpiece. The extra airpath length really cools down the vapour. You can also slip 1" of silicone tube over the mouthpiece to make it harder to break. (cheap insurance if you have one stem)

x200-q90.jpg

throwawaytre3s

One of my favourite ways to use the Pro was to slip a silicone O ring over the stem & hook it up to my 14mm precooler, silicone whip plus a EQ mouthpiece. If I had a J Hook I would have used it but worked pretty nicely in conjunction with the FM Pro just slipping a foot of silicone tubing on & adding a glass mouthpiece.

Another good method for higher temp vaping with the FM is to add up to 6" of silicone tubing & a mouthpiece. The extra airpath length really cools down the vapour. You can also slip 1" of silicone tube over the mouthpiece to make it harder to break. (cheap insurance if you have one stem)

x200-q90.jpg

Reminds me how I use an MFLB whip on mine. I like this idea though, I may have to try that.

throwawaytre3s,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Reminds me how I use an MFLB whip on mine. I like this idea though, I may have to try that.

My only suggestion is if you can think of it try it. The only way we as a community prosper is by member experiments. Even when we share what does not work helps.

Let's be honest most vapers carry the Richard Dean Anderson gene in their blood work.

throwawaytre3s

The only way we as a community prosper is by member experiments.

This is definitely true. One of the things I like about the flowermate is that it seems to allow for some good experimentation. More so than with my EQ. Although I am excited to get a DDave mod for that baby.

throwawaytre3s,

AJS

Calm Consistency
How long do the Flowermates 5.0s / Minis last before their battery completely dies? Assuming it's used maybe once or twice a day. Anyone have a rough estimate? I'm just concerned because I don't want a vape that's a guaranteed battery death if it's only in 2 years or so.

Can anyone link me up to a nice comparison of the 5.0s and the Mini? Has anyone made a post regarding that? Been interested but not sure of any annoyances that this vape may be associated with.
I've heard good things, and then some user-unique negative things so I'm not exactly sure what to think.

AJS,
Just ordered the flowermatev5.0s off puffitup! thanks to randy for the hookup! so stoked to get it in an try it out!:D

Boosted Nano,
Reactions: AJS

throwawaytre3s

So, I've noticed that recently flowermates have been shipping with little metal pods to put your herb in, and i can't find them for purchase separately. I really want to get my hands on a few, does anyone know where? @PuffItUp do you happen to know anything about this? I'd be more than happy to pay someone for theirs if they don't want them.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: Alegre

GetLeft

I've heard good things, and then some user-unique negative things so I'm not exactly sure what to think.

I did my reading on this thread before I purchased my mini. As it turned out, much of what had been written on this thread was spot on, and I'm grateful for the information I found here. For example, maintenance is required to keep the vapor path clear, which is not unexpected. All vapes need to be tended to. Also, odor issues exist. This has also been clearly communicated on the thread. The odors don't bother some. They bothered me. As did the cleaning aspect. Most posters on this thread have no problem with these matters (which shouldn't be classified as user unique since they have been stated by several different users), or have found work arounds that eliminate them. Good. That's what smart folks should do.

I'm not a complainer, generally speaking. I accept full responsibility for my decision to purchase my mini. The price was right, it seemed to fit the niche I needed to be filled, so I pulled the trigger. I don't regret my decision. I learned and am better off for having done so.

GetLeft,
Reactions: KeroZen

jackhammer

So, I've noticed that recently flowermates have been shipping with little metal pods to put your herb in, and i can't find them for purchase separately. I really want to get my hands on a few, does anyone know where? @PuffItUp do you happen to know anything about this? I'd be more than happy to pay someone for theirs if they don't want them.

I'm guessing these are the Liquid / Waxy Chamber (Made with organic cotton) and Medium Stainless Steel Pods that are part of new iterations of the Flowermates (http://flowermateusa.com/index.php/flowermate-v5s-pro.html). I'm hoping that these will be become available to buy separately once the updated range hits the shops.

Last edited:
jackhammer,

OF

I'm hoping that these will be become available to buy separately once the updated range hits the shops.

They already have, as I reported a couple of weeks back when I got my new V3 these cartridges came with it. However, as is the usual case, replacement parts are not yet available (the MP shares the same thread as other FMs but is different and uses a different glass piece). I think you're right, such parts will become available in due time (which means 'like forever' to those who really care).

I haven't tried them yet, still playing with the V3 in 'plain vanilla' mode. From looking at them the oil version might offer advantages over the usual 'wrap in cotton' or 'sandwich in herb' techniques. For herb I hold less hopes. As I see it, this will make conduction of heat into the load lower (making less dense vapor) but have yet to test that. For rapid changes in the field it's probably useful, but you only get one........pretty hard to do changes that way.....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flowermate-vapormax-v-v5-0-v5-0s-v5-pro.13786/page-114#post-882153

OF

OF,

throwawaytre3s

I'm guessing these are the Liquid / Waxy Chamber (Made with organic cotton) and Medium Stainless Steel Pods that are part of new iterations of the Flowermates (http://flowermateusa.com/index.php/flowermate-v5s-pro.html). I'm hoping that these will be become available to buy separately once the updated range hits the shops.

They're also for dry herbs. I saw a post on Reddit /r/vaporents where someone got one. I was on the flowermate USA website earlier, and saw they're selling a special grinder to help load them, that comes with 2. I might order one just for the pods.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

They're also for dry herbs. I saw a post on Reddit /r/vaporents where someone got one. I was on the flowermate USA website earlier, and saw they're selling a special grinder to help load them, that comes with 2. I might order one just for the pods.

No, there are two different 'pods', one full of cotton (concentrates) one with a removable cover and vents for herb. The evident intent is to broaden the FM to work with concentrates on one hand, and make rapid reloads of herb possible. Two different things. I suspect some will favor one or the other, but doubt many will use both extensively (and you'll need to buy a few more herb versions if you don't want to make a mockery of the rapid change idea).

Based on the photo that came with my V3 the grinder is nothing special, it just has some wells built in for the clumsy to put the pod in for filling. IMO the way the grinder grinds herb is far more important than how easy it makes it to get the ground herb in the tiny container?

OF

throwawaytre3s

No, there are two different 'pods', one full of cotton (concentrates) one with a removable cover and vents for herb. The evident intent is to broaden the FM to work with concentrates on one hand, and make rapid reloads of herb possible. Two different things. I suspect some will favor one or the other, but doubt many will use both extensively (and you'll need to buy a few more herb versions if you don't want to make a mockery of the rapid change idea).

Based on the photo that came with my V3 the grinder is nothing special, it just has some wells built in for the clumsy to put the pod in for filling. IMO the way the grinder grinds herb is far more important than how easy it makes it to get the ground herb in the tiny container?

OF

Well, the grinder on their site is also plastic, something I wouldn't want to use regardless. I agree though, I'm sure people will prefer one pod over the other. I don't really use concentrates (no access, plus I fear it would ruin herb for me tolerance wise), so I'm not too concerned about that. Honeslty, the most attractive aspect of this to me, is the fact that this would probably drastically reduce having to clean it so often, and probably eliminate peoples worries about having to clean the bottom screen. The idea of rapid reload is nice, but if that's what i wanted, I'd use my EQ to vape larger amounts at a time. I am hoping they put these out for sale individually though, I'd buy two or three just to have around, of the dry herb ones.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

Honeslty, the most attractive aspect of this to me, is the fact that this would probably drastically reduce having to clean it so often, and probably eliminate peoples worries about having to clean the bottom screen.

Good point, it won't eliminate or even reduce some of the fouling but it will spread it out so you can go longer times between cleanings? But then you'll have a bunch of pods to clean in addition to the normal MP/screens. If you really want that, try 3/8 inch screens on top of the load and swap the screens when dirty. You can either pitch them (there's a few cents each) or save up a bunch and flame or wash them clean......a whole lot cheaper and easier than pods I bet?

And of course some guys like to worry.

And I don't think it's going to eliminate the bottom screen from fouling up for those intent on feeding it poorly cured herb. The moisture will 'backflow' as before and lead to grief. The 'fix' there is to dry your bud properly I think.

Time will tell. Perhaps it's time to dig the little buggers out and give them a go......I wonder where I put them so I wouldn't loose them....

OF

throwawaytre3s

Good point, it won't eliminate or even reduce some of the fouling but it will spread it out so you can go longer times between cleanings? But then you'll have a bunch of pods to clean in addition to the normal MP/screens. If you really want that, try 3/8 inch screens on top of the load and swap the screens when dirty. You can either pitch them (there's a few cents each) or save up a bunch and flame or wash them clean......a whole lot cheaper and easier than pods I bet?

And of course some guys like to worry.

And I don't think it's going to eliminate the bottom screen from fouling up for those intent on feeding it poorly cured herb. The moisture will 'backflow' as before and lead to grief. The 'fix' there is to dry your bud properly I think.

Time will tell. Perhaps it's time to dig the little buggers out and give them a go......I wonder where I put them so I wouldn't loose them....

OF

I mean, throwing some pods in a plastic bag full of iso and then rinsing and drying them after a good shake hardly seems like work to me. But I may have to give the screen trick a shot.

My reasoning for thinking it'd help with fouling of the bottom screen, and indeed the chamber overall, is because that moisture (properly drying is key, as you know, and has been talked about before. The bottom screen is just an air inlet after all.) is going to condensate and get drapped on the pod rather than the bottom screen. It'd be the same action, you're just causing it to happen on a different part of the device. The backflow will hit the bottom of the pod before the bottom screen.

Also, is the air inlet on the bottom of the chamber for the flowermate pro? Because I've tried shining a light through mine (it's only been used 6-8 times so far, before I had to leave to go back for the rest of the semester), and there was no light visible whatsoever. Then when looking through the bottom part, it didn't look like there were vent holes going through, it looked solid.

throwawaytre3s,

OF

My reasoning for thinking it'd help with fouling of the bottom screen, and indeed the chamber overall, is because that moisture (properly drying is key, as you know, and has been talked about before. The bottom screen is just an air inlet after all.) is going to condensate and get drapped on the pod rather than the bottom screen. It'd be the same action, you're just causing it to happen on a different part of the device. The backflow will hit the bottom of the pod before the bottom screen.

Time will tell if it's a 'work around' for not properly curing, but when I went to school the rules of physics say that after the hit the pressure from evolving water vapor and expanding air will push gas both ways in inverse proportion to the restriction. Since the MP is most likely fouled by then this means it mostly backflows up the inlet. The flow will not stop because it hits two screens rather than one. The problem is on 'the far side' as it is (and can't be cleaned away) for that reason?

OF

OF,

throwawaytre3s

The problem is on 'the far side' as it is (and can't be cleaned away) for that reason?

OF

That's accurate, I neglected to consider that. The main problem is the clogging of the five holes underneith the screen. I'll be taking extra steps to make sure my bud is cured right, as I intend of using my FM for a long while, as well as my EQ. I just like to be extra cautious.

But like I said, does anyone know what's up with my flowermate pro then? It doesn't look like the inlet is at the bottom, yet the screen is still there. I can't think of anywhere else the inlet would be, but it definitely doesn't look like it goes straight through to the storage compartment on the bottom, like the 5.0s.

throwawaytre3s,
Top Bottom