FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

capcoho

Even though I don't have a FM pro it would be very similar to your original Davinci but way way longer battery life.

capcoho,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I prefer the FM5-Pro over the Ascent... More power, more battery life, faster to heat, sturdier, easier to maintain and clean. Taste is somewhat less good (shorter vapor path means less time to cool down) but overall pretty similar (ceramic hoven + glass straw)

But test the Haze if you can too, people love it apparently.

KeroZen,
Reactions: gcifiz

jackhammer

So tempted to buy a Pro...

The only thing that's putting me off is the screen at the bottom of the oven, has anyone managed to remove it? I've got an original V5 and that clogged up on me pretty bad but managed to take it apart and replace the screen. Wouldn't want that to happen to the Pro and be unable to remove it.

jackhammer,
Reactions: KeroZen
So tempted to buy a Pro...

The only thing that's putting me off is the screen at the bottom of the oven, has anyone managed to remove it? I've got an original V5 and that clogged up on me pretty bad but managed to take it apart and replace the screen. Wouldn't want that to happen to the Pro and be unable to remove it.
dunno if this is just me or not but i usally just blow into the hole on the side and most of the crud comes flying out i been using mine a couple months now how long till it usally clogs up for good?

startedflowermatingnimere,
Reactions: OF

jackhammer

dunno if this is just me or not but i usally just blow into the hole on the side and most of the crud comes flying out i been using mine a couple months now how long till it usally clogs up for good?

I think the trick is to use well cured herb and regular cleaning with some iso. That said, I'd still like to have the option of removing the bottom screen just in case.

jackhammer,

OF

I think the trick is to use well cured herb and regular cleaning with some iso. That said, I'd still like to have the option of removing the bottom screen just in case.

I agree. An inlet should not foul if the herb is dry. Indeed mine are not, even on a much used Mini where the walls are black. I agree it'd be nice for some owners to be able to remove fouled screens but also understand how pressing the screen in place is an attractive way to build it.

Also for many of us replacing a hundred dollar vape after it's consumed a lot of top shelf herb in such an efficient matter is still so far 'money ahead' as to not be a big deal? After all it's saved the owner many many times the purchase price in lower weed bills.

Great tools for making vapor I think, a welcome option in the marketplace of vapes.

OF

gcifiz

I prefer the FM5-Pro over the Ascent... More power, more battery life, faster to heat, sturdier, easier to maintain and clean. Taste is somewhat less good (shorter vapor path means less time to cool down) but overall pretty similar (ceramic hoven + glass straw)

But test the Haze if you can too, people love it apparently.
I appreciate the input! anyone have any advice on which site to buy the flowermate pro through? I really would prefer to buy any vaporizer through the original manufacturer to insure the best service.

gcifiz

Also this may seem a dumb question but I haven't been able to find anywhere if the flowermate is dry herb only and no ability what so ever for concentrates/wax and also what the charger type it is? I have a USB port in my car and this is huge for me for any portable vape to be able to charge it in my car no problem without having to have a wonky car adapter sitting in my center console.

gcifiz,

OF

I appreciate the input! anyone have any advice on which site to buy the flowermate pro through? I really would prefer to buy any vaporizer through the original manufacturer to insure the best service.

Easy question, PIU. On sale right now for $105 shipped. Jump on it, don't let it get past you.
http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/

In this case I don't think you want to buy from the maker. Randy at PIU will do a better/faster job of taking care of you. No lie, he's famous for sending replacements that day (before you even get the dud boxed up). If I have a problem, there's nobody I'd rather have on the other end.

He's a strong supporter of these Forums and has a lot of happy customers around here.

Also this may seem a dumb question but I haven't been able to find anywhere if the flowermate is dry herb only and no ability what so ever for concentrates/wax and also what the charger type it is? I have a USB port in my car and this is huge for me for any portable vape to be able to charge it in my car no problem without having to have a wonky car adapter sitting in my center console.

I don't advise it, even if absorbed in cotton or herb. There's no way to clean up the lower screen if you screw up and some 'drips down' (like you stand it up hot.....). An accident could be really bad, even fatal. Stick to what it's designed for (herb) and it'll give great service.

Lots of nice 'oil pens' these days. Have you checked out our sponsors and good friends at:
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/

At $45 their new Mini is calling me....
http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/vaporbrothers-mini-eleven-pen.html

If you want to usb charge on the FM, get the Mini. It has a micro USB port and comes with a USB charge cable and no supply. All the others take a special plug and 9 Volts. FWIW the Mini is my favorite anyway, even with it's shorter battery life.

OF

OF,
Reactions: gcifiz

Reliable ShotZ

I have a flowermate now, the one with the huge battery life. I must of had about 12 sessions and still hadnt had to recharge it. Is there a battery indicator on there or will it die on me mid session. Also the draw resistance is terrible, much worse than my titan 2. I've replaced the top screen but I'm dying to take the bottom one out but I've read its definitely not a good idea. I wish I could do a pass through mod like the mini has. Couldn't I just drill a hole very carefully in the mouthpiece pocket to aid airflow?

Reliable ShotZ,

OF

I have a flowermate now, the one with the huge battery life. I must of had about 12 sessions and still hadnt had to recharge it. Is there a battery indicator on there or will it die on me mid session. Also the draw resistance is terrible, much worse than my titan 2.

AFAIK the only FM with an indicator is the Pro (after all, it's has a screen to show it on.....). It's 'crude but useful' (four bars?). Otherwise all the larger sizes share the same battery life doing the same job the same way.

I trust you understand that that long battery life and restricted flow go together? That is there's a limited amount of power, use it to heat up a lot of air being drawn in and you're battery dies faster. And vapor production drops. Yes, maximum production at minimum draw rate. This is not like blazing (where more air makes more fire and more heat), big hits are less dense (thinner) and eat up the power. The Engineers no doubt thought this out and tested carefully. It's not restricted like that through ignorance or oversight. It's designed that way on purpose. Not that I think you want to hear that?

Otherwise, drill away it's yours after all. Others have. You can buy a replacement stem for like ten bucks?

OF

virtualpurple

I gotta second @OF's suggestion to order from Randy at PIU. I have actually gotten all my flowermate a from my rep at SMISS (she has always given me great service and stays in touch). However, Randy can get the product in your hands far quicker and I've yet to hear anything negative attributed with PIU.

AFAIK the only FM with an indicator is the Pro (after all, it's has a screen to show it on.....). It's 'crude but useful' (four bars?). Otherwise all the larger sizes share the same battery life doing the same job the same way.

I trust you understand that that long battery life and restricted flow go together? That is there's a limited amount of power, use it to heat up a lot of air being drawn in and you're battery dies faster. And vapor production drops. Yes, maximum production at minimum draw rate. This is not like blazing (where more air makes more fire and more heat), big hits are less dense (thinner) and eat up the power. The Engineers no doubt thought this out and tested carefully. It's not restricted like that through ignorance or oversight. It's designed that way on purpose. Not that I think you want to hear that?

Otherwise, drill away it's yours after all. Others have. You can buy a replacement stem for like ten bucks?

OF

He could also be referring to the 8.0, which both @KeroZen and I have sampled. It does have a longer battery life than the other flowermate a if I recall. However, it's performance is pretty underwhelming and it is bound to have clogging issues due to the airpath design.

He may be referring to the PRO, but the 8.0 does also have the battery life indicator.

VP

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I think the V8 internals were ported back to the V5-Pro indeed. It was their first venture using a OLED screen and higher discharge rate cells. The software looks to be very similar (sharing the same minor flaws)

But while the Pro heats up faster, I think the drawback is a slightly reduced battery life compared to the V5-S and V5, not by a large amount though.

My V8 (plural) are not seeing any use lately. Even after modifying them... It's a shame because it was very promising as a "portable desktop"... But the Zion fills that niche much better, there's no possible comparison.

KeroZen,

virtualpurple

I think the V8 internals were ported back to the V5-Pro indeed. It was their first venture using a OLED screen and higher discharge rate cells. The software looks to be very similar (sharing the same minor flaws)

But while the Pro heats up faster, I think the drawback is a slightly reduced battery life compared to the V5-S and V5, not by a large amount though.

My V8 (plural) are not seeing any use lately. Even after modifying them... It's a shame because it was very promising as a "portable desktop"... But the Zion fills that niche much better, there's no possible comparison.

I too have a pair of v8's that see no use. Like you said, it's a shame that they just aren't able to be modded into something that performs closer to the other flowermates.

I really liked how their loading chamber and body had connected together similar to the ascent. I would like to see them pursue that design a bit more with a straightened airpath. However, I think they did great with the PRO. It's on loan right now but when it's in my possession it is in the regular rotation!

OF

@OF

Flowermate mini more stealth that the AA?

IMO, yes, much more so. The unit easily fits in most hands so only the clear glass stem sticks out. It fits in the pocket better as well, the stem stores inside it for travel. When traveling with Air/Solo stems become a second issue.

It's also about half the price from our good friend Randy:
http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/

In case you're interested in mere money?

OF

GetLeft

IMO, yes, much more so. The unit easily fits in most hands so only the clear glass stem sticks out. It fits in the pocket better as well, the stem stores inside it for travel. When traveling with Air/Solo stems become a second issue.

OF

Thanks.
The change in seasons is indicating that more vaping options are in order.
I'll hit up piu today.

GetLeft,

OF

Thanks.
The change in seasons is indicating that more vaping options are in order.
I'll hit up piu today.

Yer welcome. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Not the best everyday vape, but trade a few features for small, effective, easy to use, cheap? Reliable belongs on that list, and there it seems 'par or better'.

If you order today, I'm betting you have it before mid week. Fast shipping you know.

OF

OF,
Reactions: bounce5

OF

Gentle Friends,

A while back one of our new found friends suggested getting one of these guys to adapt WTs to FMs:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3015/10012195/2070001

His post is:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/flowermate-vapormax-v-v5-0-v5-0s-v5-pro.13786/page-110#post-864366

So I got a couple to try (go figure.....). I found putting this mini bubbler:
https://www.fasttech.com/p/2806300

worked OK, but was very loose. Enough so that the bubbler fell off. So I removed the rings and installed one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN0X9A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

got me a tight fit. One only was needed, but I suppose you could use two. They are thicker and not stretched as much making the OD a more solid fit with the ID of the bubbler.

However, the adapter was also wobbly in the rubber insert in the factory stem bottom (the ring doesn't stick as far in as the ring on the factory glass stem. The solution was to replace the bottom ring with a thicker on, 009:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYQGW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

With those two ring changes I got a nice solid fit:
QMRwKnY.jpg

I've put enough sessions on this to foul it up and need cleaning. This was easy to do. I put THE COMPLETE ASSEMBLY (including the fine screen) into a 'travel tube' (AKA 'baby soda bottle') which you can get from PV one at a time. I bought a bunch from Amazon a while back (handy for lots of things besides storing Solo Stems):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MB1QNY?keywords=baby soda bottles&qid=1446439410&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Anyway, the assembled stem/WT 'just fits' inside. Add a dash of PBW and hot tap water then cap it up. Shake it a few times over 5 or so minutes, upending it a few times to flush the solution through the stem and screens before rinsing. If you run a trickle of water from the tap in the top with it slanted a bit you can see a stream of fresh water coming down the upper trap. This stream rinses all the wash water out. After a minute or two rinse, blow in the bottom end (WT upside down over the sink) to remove the excess water and you're good to go again. Easy and no disassembly needed.

The only trouble I had was getting the original glass sleeve off the adapters, I broke the second one I tried, no big deal of course, but be careful lest the glass shatter and spread shards all over like it tried to do with me. Lots of fiddly bits to get (adapter, WT and two high temperature rings) but you end up with a very useful WT for the FM.

Thanks to Zorn for the idea/tip.

OF

Purejoke

I just bought the flowermate 5.0s Pro. The build quality is amazing. Everything seems to be working fine but I need help. I only get one or two good hits than the herbs its nearly tasteless. Is it normal or am I doing something wrong ?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
1) tamp the load using the provided metal tool to make a flat puck

2) set to 175°C or 180°C for max flavor

3) sip slowly and wait some between hits

Mine is uber tasty for the 175°C and 185°C levels until depleted. At 195°C it's usually less good and above 200°C it has the trademark ABV taste pretty fast.

GetLeft

I emailed PIU Saturday regarding predictability of date of arrival (FM mini) and discretion of packaging. No answer yet. Anyone with the info to satisfy my curiosity?

GetLeft,

OF

I emailed PIU Saturday regarding predictability of date of arrival (FM mini) and discretion of packaging. No answer yet. Anyone with the info to satisfy my curiosity?

It comes with innocent return address Priority Mail. If you had ordered it Saturday it'd be on the way to you I'm sure. Extremely fast shipping. You can fine tune it by tracking. Does that cover your concern?

OF

GetLeft

It comes with innocent return address Priority Mail. If you had ordered it Saturday it'd be on the way to you I'm sure. Extremely fast shipping. You can fine tune it by tracking. Does that cover your concern?

OF

Yup. Thanks.

GetLeft,
Top Bottom