FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

budget is up to 150. I found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ARIZER-AIR-V...okah-Vaporiser-Verdampfer-Solo-/301301235284?
is it worth the $50 than another flowermate 5s?

I have both and think Air is definitely worth the extra. It's not as small, and the session count per charge is about the same but the taste of Air's "all glass vapor path" is definitely superior. It can be completely cleaned (unlike FM), and easily as well. There are lots more aftermarket mods and options (basically with FM you're SOL), and finer temperature control.

Air also has an easily changed battery, with FM you buy another vape when the time comes.

The only FM I think that has a serious edge is the mini, I'd recommend it over the 5s for that reason. Otherwise, go Air. One word of caution, be sure it's an authorized dealer, the chance of any issues with Air are small (very few failures reported) but if you need it the warranty is golden.

OF

virtualpurple

I've not used the Solo or the Air, but they are certainly solid vapes from what I've read and heard, I think they'll be a fine addition to any collection.

I understand what @OF is saying with regards to the Mini. However, I believe that the Flowermate PRO is a very solid choice as we'll. it's got full digital control that is much faster heating up than many other vapes on the market. At lower temperatures it is also quite comparable to the Davinci Ascent in terms of flavor

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I've not used the Solo or the Air, but they are certainly solid vapes from what I've read and heard, I think they'll be a fine addition to any collection.

I understand what @OF is saying with regards to the Mini. However, I believe that the Flowermate PRO is a very solid choice as we'll. it's got full digital control that is much faster heating up than many other vapes on the market. At lower temperatures it is also quite comparable to the Davinci Ascent in terms of flavor

I have owned both an Air & Pro so feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on both units.

The Pro has fully adjustable temperature, is ridiculously quick to heat up & offers good smooth draws. The Air has user replaceable batteries, glass air path & easy water tool hook up.

I feel the Air is a significantly better vape overall & there was a $130 difference between the units for me. The FM is more "pocketable" than the Air & thus more stealthy but I feel the Air offers more. That is not to say the FM is a poor unit by any stretch as it is a fantastic vape.

Stevenski,
Reactions: OF

virtualpurple

I have owned both an Air & Pro so feel somewhat qualified to offer an opinion on both units.

The Pro has fully adjustable temperature, is ridiculously quick to heat up & offers good smooth draws. The Air has user replaceable batteries, glass air path & easy water tool hook up.

I feel the Air is a significantly better vape overall & there was a $130 difference between the units for me. The FM is more "pocketable" than the Air & thus more stealthy but I feel the Air offers more. That is not to say the FM is a poor unit by any stretch as it is a fantastic vape.

I would say you're probably right.

virtualpurple,

serialtoker

Still here Still
Greetings to one and all,
I am new to the world of vaporizing having been combusting for 42yrs, I have recently seen the light and quit completly , I am now the owner of a 60watt box mod to tackle the old habit however I realised that it would really only cover half of it which has led me to here for the last ten hours,Ive trawled through all 111 pages 2774 posts and a great many tips picked up along the way but most importantly has brought me to a conclusion about which one to go for FM mini or Fm Pro,
The Pro it is and the order goes in later today it comes with a 1 yr warranty for £76 over here(a small country recently denied independence) I did think about givin Randy a go but I'll stick with ebay for the moment as i have cover if it goes wrong.
I would like to thank all for the information and tips I've picked up so far and look forward to lettin you know how it goes when it gets here, Cheers

Just a quick update Pro ordered today arrives monday, my mate has just recieved an Ecapple iv 1 with water bubbler and swappable battery as standard,it will be put through its paces on saturday evening,I'll try and let you know how it goes on sunday if i am in any fit state to do so,

Greetings All :,so here we are on Monday morning and the Pro has arrived and the first thing on the agenda Burn offs on number 5 at the moment , However as has been stated here before NOTE TO SHENZEN SMISS THE SCREEN IN THE CHAMBER HAS BEEN FORCED IN THIS IS NOT GOOD PRACTICE AND POOR QUALITY CONTROL AS I CANNOT GET IT OUT FOR FUTURE CLEANING. Better putting the screen in with the spares to let the user do it as its not difficult.The unit came with a half charge in the batteries will keep u posted as the burn off's continue.

It states on the manufactures website V5 Pro has pass through but in the instruction manual it states it does not have pass through COME ON WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT !!! Where I reside thats FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Better putting the screen in with the spares to let the user do it as its not difficult.The unit came with a half charge in the batteries will keep u posted as the burn off's continue.

It states on the manufactures website V5 Pro has pass through but in the instruction manual it states it does not have pass through COME ON WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT !!! Where I reside thats FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

As you say, others have posted about the lower screen being permanent. Some have removed it by fully disassembling the unit and pushing it out from below with a needle, a far cry from " its not difficult". This is an air inlet, no vapor in theory, it should not foul. The same locations in Solo/Air, TV, ESV, and other similar vapes I own are not intended for owner cleaning. Imag+ uses basically the same oven as well. I'm not sure there's a real problem here? For sure while my most used FM (a Mini) has the chamber walls fouling the bottom screen is doing just fine......and it's seen a lot of herb in the last few months. I've had to clean the stem/screens over a dozen times.

No way it's a true passthrough. That USB port doesn't have enough power (which is why it takes hours to charge and a fraction of an hour (total) to discharge.....). It is dangerous to 'use while charging' if the battery is dead (which it is when a lot of guys 'run out of charge' mid session). It's very hard on the battery to hammer it against the low limit. ESV eliminated this function with the latest upgrade in software for that very reason.

My advice is follow the manual. And general advice for such battery equipped gear that demands more power than the mains powered unit can provide (unlike the original Solo scheme for example). Use it (on battery power) or recharge it (and not use it at the same time) but avoid 'use while charging'.

If you think it was sold to you under false claims, return it?

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
@OF didn't explain myself quite right there I meant don't bother putting the chamber screen in there in the first place as users will not find it difficult to do so, if they so require. I myself would rather have a ss screen for better airflow. As it is the screen thats in there has been Rammed in,. in no uncertian fashion to the point that it is buckled (concave) and impossible to "fish out".Quality control seems a nonsense when units are going out the door in that condition, I'm not impressed.If they want to enhance thier customer base they should take heed, if not i'll buy elsewhere next time.
With regard to the Passthrough I had an idea that it was'nt passthrough before I purchased (because of where the plug is,it's not usb it's a jack) but that does'nt take away from the fact that on thier official website it specifically states it does, In my own personal viewpoint If you don't speak up about things like that they'll never change, so I voice my opinion readily on such matters, where companies are taking my money and making profit they have to adhere to the rules,However I do not wish to cause any offence merely change for the better for all concerned..And I won't be sending it back I bought it with my eyes open and am well aware of the pitfalls ,the vendor has been great (next day delivery no charge) so no point in noising him up, sorry if this sounds a bit sarky it's not intended as such, (Not been the best today).I would also like to thank you for your sage advice as I'm new to the vapin scene any advice is greatly recieved and appreciated, PS ; I dont do passthrough on anything connected to a wall.

Last edited:
serialtoker,

OF

I myself would rather have a ss screen for better airflow. As it is the screen thats in there has been Rammed in,. in no uncertian fashion to the point that it is buckled (concave) and impossible to "fish out".Quality control seems a nonsense when units are going out the door in that condition, I'm not impressed.If they want to enhance thier customer base they should take heed, if not i'll buy elsewhere next time.

PS ; I dont do passthrough on anything connected to a wall.

Cool. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. I see no 'defect' nor justification for "Quality control seems a nonsense when units are going out the door in that condition" since I think it's designed to be built like that. Basically just like is done in Imap+. Are you suggesting they too have a "nonsense" QC policy? I don't believe it's poorly designed nor sloppily built/inspected, it's just not done the way you'd recommend?

If they get a lot of warranty returns for fouled lower screens they'll no doubt address that. Being as the design of that part is 'mature' (long history), I sure don't expect a change for the normal reasons.

Then again, I also think mindlessly 'opening up the air flow' without considering why such restrictions were designed in is not sound logic. While individual tastes might vary, the guys that design these things are generally not stupid I think. They try such things out and make decisions based on those results? Remove too much restriction and more guys will overdraw the heater and get worse (not better) production. There is a fixed amount of heat energy available in the walls of the oven, drawing cold air in robs vapor production. You get more volume but less potent concentrations of THC. This is why when you 'milk glass' with vapes you go slow generally.

Skills learned from blazing, where for instance harder draw feeds the fire and makes more heat in the load, not less like in this case, are often not useful. Best to, as CK so well and often advises, 'go with the flow' at first?

Glad to hear you don't "do passthrough on anything connected to a wall", but I'm hard pressed to think of a pass through that isn't connected to the wall (either directly or indirectly). That's sort of the definition? Unless it's in a car or RV/boat, where I consider 12 Volts DC to be 'the wall'. Obviously some work well, like the original Solo and most cell phones/laptops/tablets where the charging supply is more powerful than the demand of the unit (so the battery is never really used, only suffers a slower charging). Most vapes don't do this. A good rule of thumb might be 'is the run time shorter than recharge time?' I think. If it is avoid 'use while charging'.

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
Quality control has nothing to do with recomendations,I have never even seen an Imap+ let alone call thier QC into question, yes I am new to this forum also my first but I do have a fm V5 Pro (only just today I grant you) and yes it is my first but it certainly is'nt the first herbal vape I've encountered.QC is about build quality why do my friends V5s screens fall out every time they tip it, quality control, it could be "The re engineered oven" I dont know but the tolerances have changed resulting in an ill fitting screen not really my opinion, Fact.
As for warranty claims you know as well as I do who's going to pay the postage to china for a warranty claim ,I believe (correct me if I am wrong) you may reside in a larger country than I do and from what I read on this forum fm's are considered throw aways anyway.I
Mindlessly opening up the airflow, good one I wondered where my mind had gone, Are you sure you've not taken the huff..

There's a lot more to life than blazing skills, and finally If it's got a cable protruding from it I don't put it in my mouth, something my mother taught me six decades ago, Cheers
Looks like you and I got off on the wrong foot . As I said earlier no offence intended

OF

I dont know but the tolerances have changed resulting in an ill fitting screen not really my opinion, Fact.
As for warranty claims you know as well as I do who's going to pay the postage to china for a warranty claim ,I believe (correct me if I am wrong) you may reside in a larger country than I do and from what I read on this forum fm's are considered throw aways anyway.

Thanks for the post, I'm obviously still not getting my point across. If, as I believe, the screens are made and installed exactly as intended that is not a fault. You can't say "an ill fitting screen" being a fault is a fact if the "ill fitting" is opinion. To the engineers and inspectors it could well be normal, I believe that is the case here. I have several FMs, they are all the same. All have similar screens 'jammed in'. Different models, no doubt made at a different time/place. It would be strange for sloppy QC to cross those lines?

Around here one doesn't send warranty work to the factory usually, one deals with the seller, the maker has no legal obligation to end users. In my (and I suspect most?) case I'd be dealing with PIU who would no doubt promptly replace my unit and pay the (modest here) return postage for the dead one if asked.

While I guess some might consider FM a throw away (or any vape for that matter) most I think would want to have their unit put right?

Good luck with yours. I suspect/hope once you start using it you'll find it's a well thought out, well made, proven performer. A vape that will give long and good service 'right out of the box'.

OF

capcoho

Personally I'd find a way to remove the bottom screen and mod or replace it so it can be removed again. It does take a long time for that bottom screen to foul but it does happen eventually. I have a friend that can't use his FM anymore because the screen is totally clogged and he won't let me try and fix it for him.

As far as the QC, specifically the 5, 5s, pro etc. from Smiss I find it excellent.

OF

I'M certainly in need of a performace Who gives a shit about a bent screen

I'm with you, vapes are tools. There value is largely in making vapor.

If you're looking for some similar but jaw dropping vapor production, consider the Imag+. At least as fast at the Pro (although I've never raced one against the other), hugely powerful (relatively) when it comes to making vapor. And $55 from Randy at PIU last I saw. Short sessions, but with that level of production who cares? Flavor takes a hit, but...... Crank it up if you're really brave.

http://www.puffitup.com/Imag-Plus-Ceramic-p/imag.plus.htm

It does take a long time for that bottom screen to foul but it does happen eventually. I have a friend that can't use his FM anymore because the screen is totally clogged and he won't let me try and fix it for him.

As far as the QC, specifically the 5, 5s, pro etc. from Smiss I find it excellent.

Your bud won't let you fix a dead vape? You musta done something mighty bad to him in the past.........

Bummer it's fouled. How good was he about cure? All such fouling I've heard of came back to moist bud in the load (I suspect the steam gets pushed backwards between hits?

If you insist on messing with it, I'd first try threading a tiny self tapping screw glued/soldered to a stick of some sort into one of the holes and yank it out. While you might consider a tab with a hole, like used on the Summit to extract it's screen (on the vapor side of the load, the input doesn't foul and can be wiped clean if it does) I'd probably just plan on 'the screw trick' again and press it home with a squared dowel.

As far as build quality, and while I don't have a plain vanilla 5, I too find it excellent (more so for such a modestly priced unit) across V5s. Pro, and Mini. FWIW my favorite is the Mini (at least right now), due mostly to form factor (the others seem large, heavy and awkward by comparison.

All in all, a fun and useful vape IMO. Solid quality. Excellent prices at PIU right now.......
http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/

Time to fill in those gaps in your collection?

OF

serialtoker

Still here Still
yeh gotta say feel a bit of a tool myself I should have contented myself with throwing the toy's out the pram in the physical world as opposed to spitting the dummy on a public forum , (shit I thought forums were something the Romans done.until recently I'm a 50s child wot you might refer to as old school) anyway Lesson learnd. Secondly I ask u this in truth if the previous 5 models you have experience with(4 from different continents) 4 V5s and one V5 all look and perform flawlessly but when you get yours its not flawless it's the fly in the soup , (the screen has a distinct square impinted in it, like a tooling ,three sides of the screen are vertical but only the very edges no holes) If I thought for one moment I was taking a punt so to speak I would'nt be paying what I did as there's plenty cheap vapes out there.I went for the Pro after very carefull consideration and much scrutiny on this thread and various others, they don't sell em in these parts.I can get others but pricing is ridiculous. I absolutely love it now I've been aquainted with it for a few chambers, It does what it say's on the Box "exceptional vaporization experience" I never doubted it would be in comparison the them bad old combusting day's far more combusting but still occasional vapes dichin the smokes was a key for me as stated somewhere earlier, anyway It took 12 burn outs (5 then recharge) to get rid o the smell and after the last few four chambers the battery is about done for the second time today the screen can be worked round as you have pointed out. I am delighted with ma Flowermate V5 Pro and look forward to experimentation with temps as thats part of the reason I went for it, just like my vtc miniI mod, will follow up. PS I don't know how to highlight or quote anyone Ive not got a clue what all the icons along the top do and I keep running out of space because it won't scroll down all the way PPS how do you upload photos?

Last edited:
serialtoker,

serialtoker

Still here Still
@OF and @capcoho , Greetings and felicitations on another day, and thanks for the info, Gonna have to spend some time gettin myself aquainted with the buttons ect also try and get a few pic's up there so people can see what I'm poorly expressing myself about in future.I certainly plan on givin Randy a run for his money,his reputation up here is nothin short of Impeccable. I will be in the market again shortly he'll be the go to, although at this point I've not even paid his site a visit what between work and forums grandchildren and the hurdles that life has a habit of lobbing at us need to find a bit of time for a proper browse on there( I thought browsing was something cow's and the like did) and I do not mind admiting it's a steep near vertical learnin curve for me, but I used to climb when I was younger to a VS standard and I don't mind fallin off now and again that's how you improve,"what does'nt kill you makes you stronger" even if your a bit broken for a while afterwards.One other small thing I'm a two fingered typist and it's taken beyond thirty minutes to get this down.

Good luck with yours. I suspect/hope once you start using it you'll find it's a well thought out, well made, proven performer. A vape that will give long and good service 'right out of the box'.
Indeed it is as you say I'm very pleased with it (that's the quote bit sussed)

Last edited by a moderator:
serialtoker,

bobo305

wondering if anyone else covers the flowermate's oven with a homemade screen? for me it seems to produce better and more vapor. no idea why.

bobo305,
Reactions: capcoho

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
wondering if anyone else covers the flowermate's oven with a homemade screen? for me it seems to produce better and more vapor. no idea why.
I removed the mp screen and use a 3/8 ss screen over the oven. I don't notice any difference in vapor but it makes cleaning easier.

Hubs88,

capcoho

Yes absolutely 110% It keeps the load tamped down, produces better vapor and I can finish the load faster. Also keeps the mouthpeice from clogging up.

capcoho,

OF

any 3/8" ss screen will work on top?

gee, really? I was gonna go with triangle screen... lol..thx for stating the obvious.

As long as we're on the obvious, since the bore of the oven reads .493 on mine, I used half inch round one. .500 is a snug fit, .375 inches a very poor one.....unless of course it's square (in which case 3/8 is probably the right size).

Really.

OF

OF,

serialtoker

Still here Still
Was'nt prepared for that!! Another one chalked off. Thanks very much FC I was hopin to see it through without anybody noticing, on the up side got an fm mini winging its way to me as i type a partner for the pro which has performed immpecably since it's arrival on monday.

The Pro From a cold start 67f ambient to 300f in 16sec's, 67f to 400f in 22sec's, 67f to 415f in 25sec's, 67f to 446f in 31sec's , all started with the pro cold at room temprature with full chambers, The speed of heat up is not something that I am bothered about , but there are others who may find it of intrest.The draw is a bit tight for me (akin to drawing on a filter tip) but that can be sorted at a later date,(Thanks to @OF and @capcoho) I love the low temps which is something I've not been able to do until now, the taste factor is fantastic and well worth further experimentation, I get two days vaping before a charge is required, (4hr 37min ). It will be intresting to see what my mini performs like, the straight through to the MP chamber appeals to me and the vapor it produces in the vids looks worthwhile, all I have to do now is a couple more chambers before I dive into my pit for a few hours unconciousness and It'll be here, Oh and a thanks to @KeroZen for the earlier posts, helped in the decision makin process, cheers.

Last edited:

gcifiz

Loaded up my V5.0s last night and got so baked my face turned numb. Definitely going to keep it in rotation along with the Mini. After 7 months of almost daily use the V5.0s has held up very well. The most noticeable sign of use is the LEDs in the oven and button have turned a little dim. Not really a big deal when considering something like a dead battery would have been the end of this vape but the batteries still hold the juice well. Comparing the FMs to my Ascent I was surprised to find the V5.0s heated up noticeably faster. The taste was also equal to what I expect from the Ascent. Plan on using the Mini tonight for more side by side effects.

Expecting a Haze V3 in a couple of days and think it will be like kissing the hottest chick in town lol. Vape on!

Perfect! Quick question if you dont mind tagging or replying back to me when you get a chance to compare the differences? I am getting a new Vape soon and was originally dead set on the Ascent as I had the previous model and for the most part very happy with it so I figured I would get the next version but after watching countless video reviews and what not I am now torn between the Haze V3, ascent, and the Flowermate V5.0 Pro. any feedback on which ones your favorite and why would be awesome and greatly appreciated!!

gcifiz,
Top Bottom