FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

H4mandCheese

Flowermate Mini from PIU just arrived. There is still a screen at the bottom of the bowl. Here are some photos for anyone interested.
iDfLfXC.jpg
[/IMG]
iDfLfXC.jpg
Pwvz7Tc.jpg
PU1QBrk.jpg

H4mandCheese

What's in the bottom in the second picture? It looks like something is blocking 3/5 of the airholes.

Silicone rubber. No, it doesn't actually block the holes.

OF
As far as I can tell it's there to stop the mouthpiece hitting the bottom of the chamber. I'm not sure what else it can be doing. Also, how many burn offs would you recommend doing before use?

H4mandCheese,
Reactions: OF

throwawaytre3s

As far as I can tell it's there to stop the mouthpiece hitting the bottom of the chamber. I'm not sure what else it can be doing. Also, how many burn offs would you recommend doing before use?

From what I've read in the past, not having owned my unit yet, about 2-3 burn offs should be good.

throwawaytre3s,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Oh this is exciting!

I'm just a bit annoyed that my Smiss contact doesn't answer anymore, I hope she didn't leave the company...

We'll have to change the thread name once again to include the Mini and Mini Pro.

KeroZen,

throwawaytre3s

Flowermate Mini Pro anyone?

P7prnSW.jpg
Normally I'd be bummed since I just bought the regular pro, but I'm actually not too impressed with the small form factor. It's just something I don't need. I'm glad to know there might be a mini pro in the works though, because people who do need the small form factor should still benefit from the pro's features.

OF

Normally I'd be bummed since I just bought the regular pro, but I'm actually not too impressed with the small form factor. It's just something I don't need. I'm glad to know there might be a mini pro in the works though, because people who do need the small form factor should still benefit from the pro's features.

Small world, I too just bought a Pro (couldn't pass the PIU sale.....) but find the same issue I had with the V5.0s, it's size. I like the form factor in the Mini more than the adjustable temperatures.

I also like the USB (five Volt) charging rather than the 9 of the larger units. Yes, half the sessions per charge but smaller size and easy of charging from lots of sources offsets that.

Lucky for FM, they'll probably get my money on this one........

OF

OF

So I just got my new FM V3.0 Air from PIU. It's on charge now.

While it's very similar in size (but a far bit lighter) than my IMAG+ my initial response to the physical package is 'yuck'. Talk about letting your 'Bling' run to gaudy...... 4 Gold plated rings, a useless Gold strip up the side (which at least blocks the little Gold polka-dots on the bottom half of the black body). Not the last word in stealth for sure.

A siren or big flashing light might make it even easier to spot, but I don't think they're really necessary......

I comes with 3 SS screens that don't seem to fit anywhere. Honestly. Too small to fit the bottom, no place for them in the MP??? No mention in the manual, past you should get them in the box. Otherwise there's huge holes for herb to leak through. Maybe you're supposed to put one on top of the load? I put a fine mesh 1/2 SS screen in the bottom of the chamber and one in the MP under the glass stem part. I'll see how that works out.

Charging is by a USB cable with a coaxial connector. Not the same one Air uses for this function, of course, so now I have another odd cable to keep track of to charge just this vape.....

The concentrate and herb cans look interesting. The concentrate one is stuffed full of cotton and has a lip under the cap for use with wax. Might work with the other FMs I'm thinking. The herb cartridge is perforated all around. It comes with the new version (different threads) WT adapter.

Once it's charged I'll load it up and see what happens. I expect performance like the other FMs (5.0s and Mini) that have the same heat settings.

Thus far the 'convection' marketing seems just that. Marketing. It clearly says the ceramic oven heats the goods, same as the other FMs. The difference is in this case air is let in high up (2 ports just under the MP), ported down a plastic spiral that's part of the oven insulation and into the bottom. Yes, it's convection (heated air is being moved) but that is not providing the heat to make vapor. That part is still conduction (not that there's anything wrong with that). But the vapor path is separated from any evil 'toxic vapors' from the electronics and battery.......in case some actually exist???

More to come, but right now I'm hard pressed to find any reason to recommend this over the other, proven, models.

Randy, of course, got it here in 2 days......well the Post Office helped.

OF

OF

Thank you, @OF , for taking one for the team! :)

It's OK this time, but I can't keep making the sacrifice all the time. In fact, if it weren't for the Crowd Funding.........

We need someone to test drive this vape. I know it is cheap and all but we still do not have any idea of its performance. :peace:

Understood. I need to work with it some more but initially depending on what you want, 'save your money'.

Don't get me wrong, it works fine and all. And it will make the 'the draw is too restricted' guys happier, although no doubt not satisfied.....at least for long. Compared to the Imag+ it's easier to draw for sure, especially when you draw hard. And it's a bit lighter.

However, by any other measure I can think of off hand, thus far Imag+ does a better job for half the money. Faster to temperature, longer battery life (not sure how much, by the numbers nearly twice). While I like the MP on the V3.0 (it's round and glass), it's solidly mounted and more exposed than most. I doubt it would survive a fall well. Hopefully replacements will make their way to market.

However, IMO, heat management is horrid. It literally gets too hot to hold above the button (top half of 'the handle' part). Two burn off runs on red left it too hot to comfortably touch (let alone hold). That can't be good for the electronics (which are in that section). It hinders casual use. I end up holding it with two fingers (and wondering when I'll loose my grip and let gravity do it's worse).

It is pretty for sure. You get to decide if that's a good thing.....

Like I said, I need more time with it, and more "A/B tests" (one in each hand), but right now I think Imag+ will do the same basic job for you, faster, for half the money. You just have to pull harder if you want big (but thinner) hits fast.

I've yet to try the cartridges, which I think have promise, best to keep it simple if I'm going to figure it out..... One thing at a time is simple, as simple as I can make it.

OF

OF

OK, a couple of other observations for your consideration. First a fun feature I forgot before, the common flashing light as it heats doesn't just flash on and off like everyone else, it 'winks'. That is ramps up and down in intensity. It might get old, but for now it's fun.

Sucker also stinks after use. Dropping it in your shirt pocket is a mistake if you don't want to be smelling it. I rigged a plug which seems to work, otherwise the MP is very short and the hole very big, the reclaim coated surfaces are 'right there'.

Anyway, I ran it until it died. Each load got 2 or sometimes 3 cycles. The loads were running 1/5 to 1/4 of a gram (.20 to .25). It failed to make temperature (though it tried for several minutes) at the start of the third load.....kinda soon. So I recharged, to the top (cutoff) took 1330mAh. A tiny bit over the advertised capacity. By comparison the IMAP+ is 2070mAh. The heaters are pretty similar I'd think so IMAP+ should get 50% more usable time. FM's own Mini is 2686mAh under the same conditions, twice the time? The FM V5 or Pro twice that. Short battery life will, I think, be a bigger issue here than with similar vapes.

To back into battery life I ran a single 5 minute session on low heat (blue) and hitting modestly. It took almost 200mAh to replace the charge used. You need to be careful here, as current at the beginning of the charge carries more heat due to the higher voltage on the battery. That same 200mAh will only give you 3/4 of the heat, or put the other way you'd need 266mAh, at the low end for the same heat. So I figure 5 or maybe 6 cycles, basically what I saw informally. Two loads if you give them 10 or 15 minutes each. Not all that much IMO. Half an hour or a bit less? Vapes that do twice that are criticized for poor battery life, I suspect this one will be noticed......

Recharge is at 800mA so it takes about an hour and a half before the charge starts tapering and maybe another 20 minutes after that to terminate? Call it two hours.

The charge port cover is much nicer than the one on Air, BTW. Arizer should dump theirs and buy these.....

BTW, it's also easy to clear the air inlet (not always easy or even possible). Simply block one of the vents (just below the MP) with your finger and blow into the other.

OF

str1pes

I've been following this thread to make my decision. It took me forever to figure out what vape I wanted. First time vape guy and a new to dry herbs.

I went with the Flowermate V5.0S Mini. From watching reviews on youtube, seems you can open up the bottom compartment and it draws easier/better. Just sucks that you lose a little on the battery. I'm only a twice a month hitter though so it should suit me fine. Got it for 79.96 shipped from Planet of the Vapes. (20% early black friday deal with code). Cheapest I could find it. Can't wait to get it!!! :)

throwawaytre3s

I got my flowermate in and used it for the first time. I love it! It's absolutely awesome, ESPECIALLY with the MFLB UFO for water filtration. Even with just a whip it's nice and smooth. Without any sort of mouthpiece aside from the glass, it's terrific still!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I've been following this thread to make my decision. It took me forever to figure out what vape I wanted. First time vape guy and a new to dry herbs.

I went with the Flowermate V5.0S Mini. From watching reviews on youtube, seems you can open up the bottom compartment and it draws easier/better. Just sucks that you lose a little on the battery. I'm only a twice a month hitter though so it should suit me fine. Got it for 79.96 shipped from Planet of the Vapes. (20% early black friday deal with code). Cheapest I could find it. Can't wait to get it!!! :)
I think you will like it. I've found it to be a very handy, basic vape, with a good kick to it in use.

Opening the bottom makes little/no difference. I run it open all the time as I am too lazy to close a cover I'll have to reopen to put the mouthpiece (MP) away in.

Whole nuglets work well in it, in my experience. just cram it in, not too full. leave enough room for vapor ;)

You can start drawing while it is heating up, and get the nice flavors...

Enchantre,

Hubs88

Feeling The Buzz
My only complaint about the FM vapes is the constant screwing the mp on and off. Other than that they get a big thumbs up from me.

Hubs88,

OF

My only complaint about the FM vapes is the constant screwing the mp on and off. Other than that they get a big thumbs up from me.

Funny world, that's one of the features I really like. Unlike some others, the stem stays put until you decide to remove it.

Just shows to go ya why they say "Differences of opinion is what makes horse races".....

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Anyone got any mail on the semi portable ihot enail/dry herb vape?

http://flowermateusa.com/index.php/flowermate-vaporizers/ihit-vaporizer.html#verticalTab1

iHit Description
Experience pure vaping delight with Flowermate’s iHit portable desktop enail vaporizer! Built for herbs, waxy and oil. Take the fun with you, cordless feature allows maximum portability!

• Patented Convection AirFlow System (CAS).
  • Non-Combustion, Advanced Ceramic Heating Chamber
  • Full OLED Display indicates Herb or Waxy mode, Temperature Setting, Battery Status and Alerts.
  • Smart Control System automatically detects vaping mode when enail/nail is connected to device.
  • Dual Safety System to prevent device from accidental Power On.
  • 10 minutes vape time.
  • Herb Mode: (40°C-230°C) 104°F - 446°F.
  • Waxy Mode: (149°C-380°C) 300°F - 716°F
  • Exceptional quality made only with medical grade materials.
  • Borosilicate Glass Mouthpiece and Cover.

Stevenski,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Ha! They finally released it! The prototype had a different name. There was a post back then but for some reason it was merged with the enails thread, although I think it should deserve a dedicated thread as it's more a all in one device.

Top Bottom