FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

my bad, 7mm of course.

still, most websites dont even list the size, so i might be forced to manually resize the screens for my FM, which i dont wanna do if i can avoid it.

As I said before, 3/8 inch seem to work (and are widely available) you might try them? I used a hook in the end of a safety pin to fish them out.

Think past metric.......

OF

OF,

Musicgu7

Any reason you are not buying from PIU? I picked up some extra screens for my 5.0s at a pretty decent price and buying from Randy you know its 100% hassle free.

Musicgu7,

Musicgu7

He ships internationally! :rockon:

PIU = PuffItUp.com, that's his website.

His service is second to none, very friendly as well, gave me loads of advice as well :cool: (before I discoverd this place and stopped hassling him ;) )

But don't take my word for it (I don't get a commission or anything) , ask anyone here, PIU is quite active on FC as well with a very good rep.

DrDurdle

i refuse to pay 10 Dollar+ for shipping and have to wait a long time, that just doesnt make sense.

i would prefer ordering from them, as i have read good things, but i need another option.
tried to find suitable glass daisy screen, didnt have any sucess.
tried to find suitable stainless steel screens...its a hazzle.

meh

DrDurdle,

Musicgu7

I once had to order a small part from Randy, I wrote to him and asked if its a standard price for postage even though it was such a small item, he looked at it and gave me a custom lower price (I opted for no tracking as well - so it was even lower) , seriously, the guy is more helpful than Amazon support!

The waiting time, can't help you there, the only way to avoid that is to order locally in Europe... which brings us full circle in your problem :rolleyes: :hmm:

Good luck!

Musicgu7,
Reactions: Enchantre

jackhammer

jackhammer,
Reactions: OF

Musicgu7

I'm a little confused (probably missing something) but why do you want more screens? My 5.0s came with two screens, I use one, then when doing a refill I use the other and clean the first that way I always have one clean screen in there. As far as I can see they don't really wear out.

Are you trying to put more than the one screen at a time? (Why?)
or did you lose the screens and thus need a replacement?

(Like I said, confused and probably missing something:shrug::huh:)

Musicgu7,

virtualpurple

I'm a little confused (probably missing something) but why do you want more screens? My 5.0s came with two screens, I use one, then when doing a refill I use the other and clean the first that way I always have one clean screen in there. As far as I can see they don't really wear out.

Are you trying to put more than the one screen at a time? (Why?)
or did you lose the screens and thus need a replacement?

(Like I said, confused and probably missing something:shrug::huh:)

The flowermate screens are generally considered to be poorly designed.

virtualpurple

Ah, thanks! But in what way? Holes too small or something?

When you compare them to a standard mesh tobacco screen the FM screens look more like little metal plates with a bunch of holes punched in them. The holes get clogged super easy and tend to restrict the airflow, leading to increased draw resistance.

It's not terrible if you're cleaning after every other use or so, but many people find that it's way less hassle to just pop in a proper screen.

Musicgu7

The holes get clogged super easy and tend to restrict the airflow, leading to increased draw resistance.
Yep! I'm new to the whole vaping thing but the above has happened to me as well which is why I kind of have my own "ritual" to clean the screens and play musical chairs with them :)

Thanks for replying and clearing up my Qs, totally appreciate it!

Musicgu7,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I found 8mm titanium screens like below a great replacement for the stock screen in the mp. Throw in a ceramic screen on top of your bud & good times are assured.

reusable-screens.jpg

Stevenski,
Reactions: KeroZen

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Oz Bongs but you should find them most places I would think? I purchased some when I combusted & tried one out in the FM. It still gets sticky but you have a much better draw without the restriction.

Stevenski,

Musicgu7

I don't think the FW is designed for concentrates... for that you would need something like the Puffco Pro.

Thats what I have heard anyway but since I am no expert, you can wait for someone else to confirm what I wrote or give you better advice :myday:

danthepan124

I don't think the FW is designed for concentrates... for that you would need something like the Puffco Pro.

Thats what I have heard anyway but since I am no expert, you can wait for someone else to confirm what I wrote or give you better advice :myday:
ya i know its not suppose to, but maybe the cotton can help? not sure

danthepan124,

capcoho

Well the Davinci Oil Cans fit into the flowermate with a slight mod to make it shorter. I'd reckon the pro cranked up could do concentrates but have never tried.

capcoho,

sndm1

I wouldn't recommend the flowermate v5. I bought it, used it carefully and after three months it stopped working. I dont know if it's a battery problem or something else.
When I sent an e-mail to the company, they didn't even answer it.
So, yeah, bad choice IMO

Last edited:
sndm1,

Musicgu7

I wouldn't recommend the flowermate v5. I bought it, used it carefully and after three months it stopped working. I dont know if it's a battery problem or something else.
When I sent an e-mail to the company, they didn't even answer it.
So, yeah, bad choice IMO

I've had mine for quite a few months and it only once refused to charge, I contacted Randy (as I bought it from PIU) and he said to try charging it again all night, if it does not charge sent it back immediately for a free (brand new) replacement.
I charged it the whole night, it worked the next day.

Sounds like you got a dud but if you bought it from PIU don't sweat it, just contact them and they will work it out with you!:rockon:

Top Bottom