pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
me foolish ! I v placed the battery in the charger in the wrong direction and left it inside for few hours before finding out it was not correct...now it doesn't charge any more...always on red...any tip to recover it or I should just put it in the trash ? So stupid abt me...but you know after an heavy medication it can happen:D ...by the way the FV guys should put in the box with new Vap one page with some tip regarding the battery. How to charge them etc...they axplain so well how to inhale but not even a line regrading the batteries which is kind of important to learn. Beside this I think FV is really a great tool...far better then all previous one I v had. Cheers
Cat420

I did that myself once. That battery is permanently expired. Where I live, we take those to a toxic waste facility and if you can, you should do the same. All batteries of all kinds should be sent to toxic waste and not just dumped in the trash.

I agree about the battery care instructions, and given that FlashVAPE is usually quite receptive to this kind of suggestion, I think you might see such a thing in the near future.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I did that myself once. That battery is permanently expired. Where I live, we take those to a toxic waste facility and if you can, you should do the same. All batteries of all kinds should be sent to toxic waste and not just dumped in the trash.

I agree about the battery care instructions, and given that FlashVAPE is usually quite receptive to this kind of suggestion, I think you might see such a thing in the near future.

I have gallon ziplocks full in the kitchen drawer. recycle when the bag gets full

I have tons of nimh that are expiring and getting replaced with Sanyos

ru_frothi,

cat420

Yes I was thinking about were I should bring it as a toxic waste...I ll find out for sure.
Thanks for your advices !

Just one question...why if the standard 3.2 battery with the standard kit produce such a good
and tick vap there is the necessity of the 3.7 battery with a second kit ? Is it so much better ?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
cat420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yes I was thinking about were I should bring it as a toxic waste...I ll find out for sure.
Thanks for your advices !

Just one question...why if the standard 3.2 battery with the standard kit produce such a good
and tick vap there is the necessity of the 3.7 battery with a second kit ? Is it so much better ?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

The S2 kit uses a spacer to raise the tabbed screen up off the heater screen. The space created is what converts the FV into a convection vapourizer, but it requires more heat to work. so you need a more powerful battery.

escierdanyc

So I finally received my FlashVape with the S2. However, my glass straws came without the rubber stop :-\

Edit: Tried to use it anyway and immediately combusted the shit out of everything even in S2 mode. This really fucking sucks for me.

Back to the trusty MFLB to me.

Last edited:
escierdanyc,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So I finally received my FlashVape with the S2. However, my glass straws came without the rubber stop :-\

Do you mean the little silicone connectors? One temporary solution would be to wrap the end of the stem with something like drafting tape. That part never gets hot enough to be of any concern that you'll be inhaling anything you might not care for. A single layer is enough, in my experience.

Tweek

Edit: Tried to use it anyway and immediately combusted the shit out of everything even in S2 mode. This really fucking sucks for me.

Gotta give it more of a chance than that :) I've been hard pressed to combust with the spacer...care to elaborate on your technique? Is your herb really dry?

escierdanyc

Do you mean the little silicone connectors? One temporary solution would be to wrap the end of the stem with something like drafting tape. That part never gets hot enough to be of any concern that you'll be inhaling anything you might not care for. A single layer is enough, in my experience.
Yeah the silocone connectors. I will just wait for them to send me the straws that come with them. I am fortunate that I just got the PA for the MFLB so there's still some happy ending :-)

Gotta give it more of a chance than that :) I've been hard pressed to combust with the spacer...care to elaborate on your technique? Is your herb really dry?
I will definitely! Just when I get the straw, lol.

I didn't really have a technique. The straw doesn't fit without the adapter so I tried inhaling but the slow "draw" might've combusted the herb I had in there.

Actually, I used some green ABV that was in the MFLB and was excited to see if this could extract the left over goodies. It just sucks that something as small as a straw stopper could fuck up any excitement you have for using a product.

Yes I'm pissed, but it's only temporary :-)

hoptimum

IMO you're combusting because without the stop sealing the stem you're drawing without feeling the vapor. Like Paka says, try making your own seal with some tape until FlashVape sends you the rubber stops.

Tweek

Good to hear :) If you have some shrink wrap tubing, that will work as well...originally they came with small bit on the end.

Have fun! It's a great device, and an excellent compliment to your MFLB...very powerful.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I still love the shrink tubing.. although it gets worn...
When I got my FV in the beginning I secured a few extra pieces and
like using it!

I'm with you on that. I use the shrink tubing with my SB FV, and the silicone connectors with the GM FV. While the silicone provides a little flexibility, making it easier to peer into the window, it also isn't as secure. I've shaken the silicone-connected stem out of my FV several times, but the shrink-wrapped stem has never come loose during shaking.

escierdanyc

Wow. To say the least, I am happy that I made this purchase. I followed your guys advice and used the wrap to hold the stem to the FV. Despite following this sage advice, I still combusted all my herb on my second try.

Today I was a bit more determined and took the FV backyard. I swam a few hours before so I felt my anxiety turn to patience and low and behold I am high as fuck.

This thing got the job done. And it tasted great too!

I knew I made the right choice when I chose a product made and manufactured only a few miles off the border.

Thanks for the help, FC! Thank you, FV for making a product that will serve the purpose of promoting vaporization to all of my loved ones.

cat420

I'm with you on that. I use the shrink tubing with my SB FV, and the silicone connectors with the GM FV. While the silicone provides a little flexibility, making it easier to peer into the window, it also isn't as secure. I've shaken the silicone-connected stem out of my FV several times, but the shrink-wrapped stem has never come loose during shaking.

I m not sure I v well understood the correct use of the glass straw the small plastic connector and the rubber tube which come with FV. At first I was using only the black rubber tube directly inserted into the FV...now I v wrapped the glass straw with the rubber tube and I v inserted the small plastic connector at the end were it goes inside the FV...is this how should be used ?

cat420,

vape4health

One bowl in. I like it but in S2 with one of the red AW IMR 2000mah it gets fucking hot, not the bowl that part worked perfect no combustion but I wasn't really pushing it on the first go :) the handle,battery, bowl area, it all got hot like a hot coffee in a thin cup, hot for the hands and TOO hot for lips. All good or is something wrong, I haven't felt them battery's barely change temp but that thing was cooking just now.

Sure does seem like a ton of wasted energy just to heat all that stuff up.

edit: I just tried a second bowl with a fully charged on the FV charger 3.2 batts and same thing, it's hot all the way down to the bottom main switch. Gotta be something wrong, no way it should get this hot in like 10 minutes.

Last edited:
vape4health,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I got one of the first european unit in april, one month later I needed to send it back to FV because heating screen was dead, FV give me a replacement unit, a new APR, but after less than one month of daily use (4 to 6 bowls/day) the heating screen was dead , CSFV send me 2 replacement heating screens (free, thanks to them), I put a new one in my FV and after near of 1 month the performances drop again...

It's not a really big issue but perhaps I do a mistake with my FV, the unit becomes hot at the end of the first bowl, is it normal? because Vapodudule tell us that is unit becames hot after several bowls.

I use it 50% for flowers with S2 cells and a spacer and 50% with concentrates with 3.7 and 3.2 cells without spacer and for concentrates I push on longer time than for flowers (because I want to heat a little bit more), perhaps this is my mistake, what do you think please?

Be sur that I like the FV, it's not my daily driver but it is my second portable.

In use: Cloud, HA2.2, Inh004Xp, FV, Firewood, VG classic, Vapocane B, Bohlt
Collecting dust: Noble Vapor Vp-600, TV evo, Mflb

PPN,

vape4health

I would hope that most FVs do not get the batteries too hot to handle, I'm not using this thing anymore until I get something figured out. If you guys are using it like this your fucking nuts.

Bummer, next.

vape4health,

cat420

I would hope that most FVs do not get the batteries too hot to handle, I'm not using this thing anymore until I get something figured out. If you guys are using it like this your fucking nuts.
Bummer, next.

I have the FV since few weeks and it never became so hot..I would say just warm.
I use a small amount of well grind flower and I keep it on green not more then 5 seconds...it never became too hot and it does produce amazing clouds...maybe your batteries are not feeling so well ?

cat420,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I m not sure I v well understood the correct use of the glass straw the small plastic connector and the rubber tube which come with FV. At first I was using only the black rubber tube directly inserted into the FV...now I v wrapped the glass straw with the rubber tube and I v inserted the small plastic connector at the end were it goes inside the FV...is this how should be used ?
The Black tubing is shrink wrap , Cut a 1/4 inch - 6.35mm off the black "tube" and place it on the end of the glass stem then hold a lighter under it , it will shrink and tightly hold on to the glass stem and hold the stem in the FlashVape .
the short little silicon tube just slips over the end of the glass and into the FV .

Hope this helps , enjoy the vapor.

vape4health

I tried a couple different battery's now. I started checking continuity, bottom button shows very little/none but the heater is also showing only like .2-.3 ohm, shouldn't it be a little closer or over 1.0ohm. FV states 4amp on a 3.2v batt.

Edit: Before you say the .2-.3 is my leads, yes that is what they add but I have taken that into account. So when I read the heater the meter shows 0.7-0.6 then sub 0.3

Last edited:
vape4health,

SeriouslyHIgh

Retailer
I recently bought this unit and after 6 attempts and having read all different user's techniques included in this thread, I still can't get any vapor out of it!
Not using the S2 kit, grinding my bud fine, filling the bowl half, new fresh battery, shake after every draw, I do ALL of the above but I don't see any vapor...but just a vague taste in my mouth! The unit is working because it gets warm after few hits.
When I've 'finished' my weed is toasted but still green. I then put the same weed in the Solo and the vapor comes...really frustrating.
Are you not supposed to see any vapor upon exhalation? Or is a vapor-less vaporizer??

SeriouslyHIgh,

Tweek

I recently bought this unit and after 6 attempts and having read all different user's techniques included in this thread, I still can't get any vapor out of it!
Not using the S2 kit, grinding my bud fine, filling the bowl half, new fresh battery, shake after every draw, I do ALL of the above but I don't see any vapor...but just a vague taste in my mouth! The unit is working because it gets warm after few hits.
When I've 'finished' my weed is toasted but still green. I then put the same weed in the Solo and the vapor comes...really frustrating.
Are you not supposed to see any vapor upon exhalation? Or is a vapor-less vaporizer??

It should get hot down on the screen, not warm. Can you touch the screen without getting burned?

Top Bottom