First time.... (almost)

Canuck420

The pics I posted represent 0.1gm. 1/10th of a gram. That's good for me to do 2 sessions of 3-4 ten second hits. I'll usually start the first session today at 385, and then tomorrow's at 400. I usually vape Sativa or Sativa dominant hybrids during the day to mid-evening, but after 1030pm I do Indica dominant strains so I can doze off to sleep an hour later.

P.S. I've weighed, ground, and vaped loads as little as 0.05gm with fine results in the FM mini.

Any reason why you do two sessions from 0.1g instead of 0.05g each time? Is it out of convenience? I don't feel like 385 is doing much of anything - next to no visible vapor, so feel like it's hard to know if I'm getting a hit or not and the effects seem to be much less than 400. That said, it was the hits at 400 that really sent me over the edge!

Canuck420,
Reactions: NorVape

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't think it's all that unusual that you "overdid" did the second time, after such a huge break from smoking, you forget what it's like. The very first time I ever smoked, I took a big bong rip and thought I was all ok.

The next time, I took 2. I was substantially more fucked up, to the point that my parents knew I was fucked up :) Being a teenager....

Not sure if you have screens....stainless steel screens. But this is maybe what I would recommend. I don't have a Flowermate, and I have always had a relatively high tolerance, but this is how I would maybe microdose? Maybe this would get your right where you need to be? I'm kind of spitballing, just trying to help, welcome to the community! Enjoyed reading this thread, your experiences, and all the positive vibes.

- I don't know dosage, but something small. Grind it up.
- Since the FM is conduction, after you pack it up, take a SS screen if you have one, and sandwich your bud. Like I said, no experience with the FM, but I have found that most conduction vapes need to be packed pretty tightly to work optimally. The screen is blocking the rest of the chamber from your bud, thus having the bud confined in a smaller area.
- Turn the heat on high. Let it heat up, after it reaches temp, maybe wait another minute or two prior to heating.
-Take one big deep rip. Turn it off.

This likely won't be that efficient with your product. As conduction is essentially baking your bud. So when you turn it off, the oven is still relatively at temp til it cools down, baking the rest of it. That being said, I always find that I get a bigger "body" type of high from both conduction, and higher temps. It will be easier to overdo it, but I think one rip would probably suffice. Try to hold it in too if you can, exhale a little bit, reinhale, exhale a little bit, reinhale. Just forces vapor down more. Will get you higher, so maybe don't do that? Just giving suggestions/info :) looking for a way for you to maximize your intake, just with only one hit though. Because I feel a proper big good hit, will probably be just enough.

Gonna be harder to dose effectively at a lower temp imo, I mean, it is as easy to do, but sometimes the effects are a bit more subtle. They are usually also more heady high, rather than a body buzz, because of the temps things are released at. I actually don't know the range on the FM so this all may be kinda negligible. But even me sometimes am wondering, "Am I high??" on low temps. Then I stand up and I'm usually like :smug: the world is great!

Best of luck to you!

Any reason why you do two sessions from 0.1g instead of 0.05g each time? Is it out of convenience? I don't feel like 385 is doing much of anything - next to no visible vapor, so feel like it's hard to know if I'm getting a hit or not and the effects seem to be much less than 400. That said, it was the hits at 400 that really sent me over the edge!

Yes, purely convenience. I weigh, grind and load less often. Yes, visible vapor at 385 is thin, but the effects are felt, trust me. Turning up to 400 causes a quicker boil off of cannabinoids and terpenes and more visible vapor. It's maybe more satisfying, but less efficient.

archangelz001,

Canuck420

I'm going to try again pretty soon.... My aim is to get to a 5 and be comfortable with that - rather than last time which was get to about a 3 and then straight to an 8. I have this problem with alcohol too - always stepping over the line that I didn't really want to cross.

I'm thinking maybe just go straight in at 400 - see if that cuts out some of the anxiety I was getting. I'm not sure one big hit is the right approach as that could end up going too far again right off the bat.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Try vaping .05g? If you have a scale that only goes to .1g resolution weigh that out and split it into two piles. 2-3 hits and sit on that for 20 minutes or so. Your tolerance is so non-existent you could just take another hit or two later and wait on that some more. What I found in vaping flowers is that it takes a little longer than smoking for it to start hitting you and for you to peak, and some strains are really weird in that they won't hit you for a little while longer (they creep up on ya ;)) than you'd expect. Some are so clearheaded you don't think you're actually high until you try to do cerebral stuff or move around. That heavy gravity feeling... mmm that couchlock, yeah I love it. That and high CBD strains seem to work well for my pain and even better for insomnia (add CBN for desired narcotic effects)... yeah sometimes I'll dab a nice glob of hash oil, way it comes out for me is that ~.1g of hash oil has the same cannabinoid content as a gram of flower (assuming 15% yields on good flower which isn't unreasonable)... imagine that in one inhale :lol: If you get anxious, don't worry, remember nobody in recorded medical history has died from weed..... and lemme tell you I've tried it before ;)

Quetzalcoatl,

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
remember nobody in recorded medical history has died from weed.....

Yes they have....

killed by his own 500kg cargo of weed

article-2442411-18801A3500000578-11_634x451.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-death-weed-cannabis-trafficking-chase.html

:rofl:

Canuck420

Try vaping .05g? If you have a scale that only goes to .1g resolution weigh that out and split it into two piles. 2-3 hits and sit on that for 20 minutes or so. Your tolerance is so non-existent you could just take another hit or two later and wait on that some more. What I found in vaping flowers is that it takes a little longer than smoking for it to start hitting you and for you to peak, and some strains are really weird in that they won't hit you for a little while longer (they creep up on ya ;)) than you'd expect. Some are so clearheaded you don't think you're actually high until you try to do cerebral stuff or move around. That heavy gravity feeling... mmm that couchlock, yeah I love it. That and high CBD strains seem to work well for my pain and even better for insomnia (add CBN for desired narcotic effects)... yeah sometimes I'll dab a nice glob of hash oil, way it comes out for me is that ~.1g of hash oil has the same cannabinoid content as a gram of flower (assuming 15% yields on good flower which isn't unreasonable)... imagine that in one inhale :lol: If you get anxious, don't worry, remember nobody in recorded medical history has died from weed..... and lemme tell you I've tried it before ;)

Yea, I think I need to get a bit more accurate - right now I'm just visually guessing. I like the heavy/relaxed feeling - don't really like the mind racing thinking all kinds of crazy stuff feeling. Wanna just relax then drift off to a peaceful sleep....

:clap::lol::rofl:

friedrich

Little-Known Member
If you have a scale that only goes to .1g resolution weigh that out and split it into two piles
I just want to point out that this is not really a reliable method for a true measure. If your scale has to round to the nearest 0.1g, even assuming it's accurate, the actual mass could be anywhere from 0.05 to 0.15. And I've had issues with scales not even registering small amounts.

But then a true measure is really not that important. Just start small, and as you get used to it you will learn to judge by sight or the strength of your hits.

poonman

I think the temp you vape at , will play a part
in your altered state . Even several degrees will
change your high . That is why I prefer to vape at the
lower temps during the day and function at my job .
But when I get home , it's the highest temp thru a
Bubbler for me .

I don't have a FM , so I'm not familiar of the
temp settings .But maybe stay on the low/med
temp settings , BEFORE you jump to 400 * .

It's too bad , you don't have an experienced buddy
to hang with you and walk you thru . But are there any
Vapor Lounges in your city ? Maybe check those out ...

poonman,

Canuck420

I think the temp you vape at , will play a part
in your altered state . Even several degrees will
change your high . That is why I prefer to vape at the
lower temps during the day and function at my job .
But when I get home , it's the highest temp thru a
Bubbler for me .

I don't have a FM , so I'm not familiar of the
temp settings .But maybe stay on the low/med
temp settings , BEFORE you jump to 400 * .

It's too bad , you don't have an experienced buddy
to hang with you and walk you thru . But are there any
Vapor Lounges in your city ? Maybe check those out ...

I believe the FM Mini has 385/400/415.... 385 doesn't seem to do much for me... 400 really gets things going. Presumably different strains react at different temps too though, so could be the strain I have.

Canuck420,
I believe the FM Mini has 385/400/415.... 385 doesn't seem to do much for me... 400 really gets things going. Presumably different strains react at different temps too though, so could be the strain I have.
Yes, my experience is that vaping at 385 provides more of a head high and vaping at 415 gives more of a body stone, no matter the strain type. THC vaporizes at a lower temp than CBD and some terpenes, so vape temp definitely affects what kind of high you get.

archangelz001,

Canuck420

So I did a micro dose tonight to see what happened.... Ground a very small amount, guessing 0.025, barely covered the floor of the chamber. Heated straight to 400 and hit it twice. 10 mins later and I'd say I'm at a 2, very mild leg buzz. Akin to having one or two beers in alcohol terms. For a mild session I'd like to be a little further along, so I'll keep experimenting on subsequent sessions till I get that dialled in...

Canuck420

Going to be hitting it again tonight.... Have to say I still feel a little nervous in that I don't know exactly where my limit is, other than somewhere between the first session where I was nicely medicated and the second where I got my ass handed to me. Going to err on the side of caution and follow a similar approach to the first time.

Canuck420

So last night I hit it twice at 400, 5 sec hits 20 mins apart and ended up ripped again... The anxiety was pretty bad and I felt like I didn't sleep properly...

The weird part is, I still feel pretty high now, over 12 hrs since the last hit.... That's pretty unusual right? Perhaps my thc receptors are abnormally sensitive?

In any case, I think I'm gonna have to admit defeat with this strain, really don't like the anxiety it brings.

Canuck420,
Reactions: friedrich

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
WOW! 2 hits did that to you and they were 20 minutes apart! This stuff is giving you the paranoids big-time AND is lasting 12 hours. You mentioned 1 hit and then a 20 minute wait before the next hit....how did the first hit affect you? I have to assume it didn't take you far enough or you wouldn't have taken the second hit.

His_Highness,

Canuck420

Yeah, I was at like a 3 or a 4 after the first hit so went again and boom, straight to 8 again...

I'm functional right now, like I'm typing this, but I don't feel "right" and feel pretty anxious still.... Would like it to end now. Could be in my head, could be sleep deprivation, IDK. Best way to describe it is like when I've had a heavy alcohol session and instead of waking with a hangover, I wake up still drunk... Like that, except the effects from last night are still there instead. Weird thing is, this didn't happen the last time and I don't feel as I overdid it as much.

Canuck420,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@Canuck420 ... Have you eaten yet? Eating, whether you are hungry or not, tends to even things out. Eating may even put you to sleep for a bit.

I've never heard of two hits lasting like this and I don't want to make you any more anxious than you already are but isn't there someone more experienced you can go over this with 'in person'?

So last night I hit it twice at 400, 5 sec hits 20 mins apart and ended up ripped again... The anxiety was pretty bad and I felt like I didn't sleep properly...

The weird part is, I still feel pretty high now, over 12 hrs since the last hit.... That's pretty unusual right? Perhaps my thc receptors are abnormally sensitive?

In any case, I think I'm gonna have to admit defeat with this strain, really don't like the anxiety it brings.
What are you doing once you get elevated? Listen to good music, stretch on the floor, go for a walk, get into your body in the present moment, drink fluids, eat some food, watch a funny movie or tv show. Or, maybe you just need an Indica strain to relax the body-mind instead of a Sativa head high.

poonman

I was going to suggest tolerance , like in alcohol .
Remember 1 beer could make you puke when 1st starting .
But after a while , you can hold 3 or 4 beers with np .
It happened to me also , and I'm guessing to a lot of us .

I would still suggest you stay on the low level .
At 385 degrees , you should see vapors .
Especially after a few sessions staying on at that
temp . Ride it out on 385 , then go up to 400 when
you feel more experienced .

Agree with food or beverages to ' dilute ' your high .

I remember at 16 , " kissing the porcelain sink "
from over drinking . And saying those famous words ,
Please God , if you get me thru this .
I will NEVER do this again ....

Cannabis is not for everyone , but Damn it !
I will help every fellow Canadian I can in seeing the light .:)

Last edited:

Canuck420

Last night I watched a movie then some music, started to feel sleepy and thought I might fall asleep on the couch, so went to bed. Felt like I had a restless night but I must have been asleep for most of it. Woke around 4 and realized I was still blazing, stayed awake till around 6 then fell asleep again till around 8 then got up and have felt spaced out all day with some anxiety and nausea for good measure!

@poonman Im hoping when legalization comes we might get some more balanced thc/cbd strains, as these super high thc strains are clearly not for novices or people like me on a 20 year t break!

Last edited by a moderator:

poonman

@poonman Im hoping when legalization comes we might get some more balanced thc/cbd strains, as these super high thc strains are clearly not for novices or people like me on a 20 year t break!

We have them already , check out this thread .
It's new and only 2 pages , but has a lot of info
in regards to Canadian dispensaries , that offer
high CBD strains .

You may be right , I've heard CBD helps in
getting a good night's sleep ... let us know ?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/d...n-licensed-producers.20059/page-2#post-897527

Canuck420

Hey guys - I'm back.... After the last post, I had anxiety/feelings of depersonalization for about 3 days, wasn't pleasant.... I took a break for a few weeks but now I'm back - got my hands on some 1:1 THC/CBD, so will try again with that - I'm hoping that may be a more gentler introduction. I think what I had must have been way too potent as a reintroduction!

Top Bottom