First time.... (almost)

mikeben

I grind enough for a few days but then seal my grinder in an air tight container. I am a former beer nut, I loved all the different kinds and flavors. Cannabis helped me switch off that hobby easy, which I needed to do because my prescribed meds over the years have hurt my liver and I just can't risk drinking anything. I don't even miss beer which ten years ago I would have thought was impossible for me to say. Now vaping really allows me to enjoy all the different flavors and strains of Cannabis, and I don't feel any of side effects you get from drinking so it's a win win switch for me.

Canuck420

I grind enough for a few days but then seal my grinder in an air tight container. I am a former beer nut, I loved all the different kinds and flavors. Cannabis helped me switch off that hobby easy, which I needed to do because my prescribed meds over the years have hurt my liver and I just can't risk drinking anything. I don't even miss beer which ten years ago I would have thought was impossible for me to say. Now vaping really allows me to enjoy all the different flavors and strains of Cannabis, and I don't feel any of side effects you get from drinking so it's a win win switch for me.

I have a love/hate relationship with alcohol.... I love the "release" that it gives me on a weekend and makes me feel renewed for another week of life. I hate what it does to my body - I've been drinking very heavily pretty much every weekend since I was 14, that's gotta be taking a toll. I hate what it does to other people - I've seen first hand what an effect it can have on people. Yet this is perfectly acceptable in our society and medicating isn't.... that's messed up. I'm hoping that vaping will be able to give me that same release and I don't have to rely on the alcohol anymore. Looking forward to finding out :)

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
I have a love/hate relationship with alcohol.... I love the "release" that it gives me on a weekend and makes me feel renewed for another week of life. I hate what it does to my body - I've been drinking very heavily pretty much every weekend since I was 14, that's gotta be taking a toll. I hate what it does to other people - I've seen first hand what an effect it can have on people. Yet this is perfectly acceptable in our society and medicating isn't.... that's messed up. I'm hoping that vaping will be able to give me that same release and I don't have to rely on the alcohol anymore. Looking forward to finding out :)
Oh man......

Back in my early 20s I was working with Ford Motors as a Detail Manager,making good money for a 22 yo.

I was offered a management position into the Service Area, but my boss found out I smoked weed, because I let him move my car one night as we we're closing the dealership.

My pipe was sitting right in my center console.

I'm walking up to him in my car and he's holding my pipe up in the air..

"What's this for?"

I said.." Damn, well it's a pot pipe "

"At least it ain't for crack"
I was told I'd have to pass an urinalysis before I could be promoted.

So, I tried switching to alcohol.

This didn't last long at all ... 2-3 beers before bed for a couple months, and my body hated it.

I finally said the Salary wasn't worth this shit, I love my pot, so I volunteered to go back to detail.

Well... They did not want that to happen as I led the whole crew in Customer Retention, earned a "Mark of Excellence" award for Product Knowledge and Outstanding Customer Service.
I did this at the "Platinum Level " and set a record for the youngest Service Writer to win such accolades.

So, the company allowed the pot usage...haha.

Canuck420

Oh man......

Back in my early 20s I was working with Ford Motors as a Detail Manager,making good money for a 22 yo.

I was offered a management position into the Service Area, but my boss found out I smoked weed, because I let him move my car one night as we we're closing the dealership.

My pipe was sitting right in my center console.

I'm walking up to him in my car and he's holding my pipe up in the air..

"What's this for?"

I said.." Damn, well it's a pot pipe "

"At least it ain't for crack"
I was told I'd have to pass an urinalysis before I could be promoted.

So, I tried switching to alcohol.

This didn't last long at all ... 2-3 beers before bed for a couple months, and my body hated it.

I finally said the Salary wasn't worth this shit, I love my pot, so I volunteered to go back to detail.

Well... They did not want that to happen as I led the whole crew in Customer Retention, earned a "Mark of Excellence" award for Product Knowledge and Outstanding Customer Service.
I did this at the "Platinum Level " and set a record for the youngest Service Writer to win such accolades.

So, the company allowed the pot usage...haha.

Haha, great story - just goes to show that the hypocrisy only applies when it suits....

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm glad you're being smart about this!
You'll be fine man. No matter what feeling hits you, in the end, if you relax and control your breathing, I think any potency is mostly manageable.

Do what everyone else is saying, pack a decent amount, probably a .1, (too little and you won't fully experience that amazing deep flavor), and just take one or two hits and wait 10-15 minutes.

AND REMEMBER! If anything questionable arises during your experience, we are always here for you to work you through it!

Canuck420

Hey guys - I picked up some Lemon Hashplant to start with....

Still waiting on the Flowermate to come in. I also have a cold at the moment, so probably ought to wait for that to clear up anyway.

Tommy10

I was the same, I find MJ helped me cut back a little bit. After experimenting heavily with another natural remedy (mushrooms) I found I lost my desire to get drunk every weekend to the point where the thought of it makes me shutter, I have tried again occasionally over the last year and always enjoy the "result" but never any of the consequences of which there can be many. Won't go into it too much as this is an MJ fourm but,If you have sought the black market for herbal relief you you may also want to look into some weekend "party" substitutes, few things out there much healthier physically as well as avoiding that next day drunked "oh no!" Feeling. Some can actually be pretty fun with MJ, I find alcohol has a tendency to cloud up and ruin the effects of any substance MJ included. Having a vape with drunk is better than just being drunk, but just vaping without alcohol to me always feels better.
I found a good balance of MJ and some of the more known safer party options are perfect for an alcohol free life and you're body will thank you. Feel free to PM me for my opinion on what some nice substitutes for alcohol are (obviously MJ through the week! Although that's always been the case for me). Never had a problem in terms of full time alcoholic, but did have a huge binge drinking problem to overcome.

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Hey guys - I picked up some Lemon Hashplant to start with....

Still waiting on the Flowermate to come in. I also have a cold at the moment, so probably ought to wait for that to clear up anyway.

Hey man, welcome to the forum! I feel it is good that you are switching up from alcohol, to cannabis, as alcohol can be destructive in the long term.

Ironically though, I use both, but cannabis has been able to balance out my alcohol use, I would be lying to you if I told you I would quit alcohol indefinately, because the times I have quit for a while, I came back drinking more than ever. Something as little as two beers will have me set nowadays, as opposed to the whole six pack or two when I really used to drink.

Of course I am not advocating alcohol and cannabis at the same time, its not everybodies cup of tea, but I am trying to point out how cannabis has balanced me out.

@Hashtag46&2, that truly is a funny story. Funny how life works out sometimes....Had me laughing outloud@ at least it ain't for crack.

ALso, I wanted to mention that its great that you start off slow, but you wont know your limits until you get there. Meaning that sooner or later, there will probably be a session when you realize that you took alittle too much. As @AJS & the @TheWhisper, they gave you some good advice if you happen to fly over that line.

Last edited:

Canuck420

Hey man, welcome to the forum! I feel it is good that you are switching up from alcohol, to cannabis, as alcohol can be destructive in the long term.

Ironically though, I use both, but cannabis has been able to balance out my alcohol use, I would be lying to you if I told you I would quit alcohol indefinately, because the times I have quit for a while, I came back drinking more than ever. Something as little as two beers will have me set nowadays, as opposed to the whole six pack or two when I really used to drink.

Of course I am not advocating alcohol and cannabis at the same time, its not everybodies cup of tea, but I am trying to point out how cannabis has balanced me out.

@Hashtag46&2, that truly is a funny story. Funny how life works out sometimes....Had me @ at least it ain't for crack.

ALso, I wanted to mention that its great that you start off slow, but you wont know your limits until you get. Meaning that sooner or later, there will probably be a session when you realize that you took alittle too much. As @AJS & the @TheWhisper, they gave you some good advice if you happen to stumble over that line.

I can't say that I will definitely give up alcohol completely, but I'd like to be where I don't feel the need to get absolutely hammered to the point I can't remember what happened. I'm sure I've been pretty close to alcoholic poisoning a couple of times - including an incident recently that made me think I need an alternative.

There was one time when I was a teenager that I did a parachute bong of Moroccan Black hash - damn that ripped my throat up good and I probably had too much - felt like my chest was being crushed. So I'm kinda aware of what too much feels like, though it was a long time ago, so I don't really remember exactly.

Gonna try and take it nice and slow!

SavedByTheVape

Well said @Canuck420 !! Take it nice and easy, stick to your convictions (listen to your body and assess how you're truly feeling), and add additional canna-vapor sips to quench your medicinal/recreational thirst accordingly. I used to take the inverse approach, blazing way too hard n' heavy right out of the gate, and finding that I would often become uncomfortably medicated quite rapidly whenever I forgot to listen to my body and take it slow. To each his own, but it is undeniable that the numinous powers of this organic super-plant affect everyone very differently and it is well advised to blaze cautiously. Conscious consumption ayyyy!! Stay irie and save a likkle gravy for me :)

Holy shnikey! I just stumbled across a suuuuuper cool webcast on conscious connoisseur cannabis consumption!!!! Sounds like it's gonna be chuck full of juicy information and yall should scope it out :)

Here's di link:

http://hubs.ly/H01xLSJ0

Last edited by a moderator:
SavedByTheVape,
Reactions: NorVape

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I can't say that I will definitely give up alcohol completely, but I'd like to be where I don't feel the need to get absolutely hammered to the point I can't remember what happened. I'm sure I've been pretty close to alcoholic poisoning a couple of times - including an incident recently that made me think I need an alternative.

There was one time when I was a teenager that I did a parachute bong of Moroccan Black hash - damn that ripped my throat up good and I probably had too much - felt like my chest was being crushed. So I'm kinda aware of what too much feels like, though it was a long time ago, so I don't really remember exactly.

Hi!

I have a FM mini... it's very nice!
When you get it, if your MJ you get is in nugs, just break off a piece of a nug and cram it into the oven. It will most likely take only about 1/4 of a nug (depending on the nug, of course), but you don't have to grind, and you aren't gonna get a whole lot in there. You'll see the white of the oven and the line where it becomes the housing. Just fill it to just below that line, like I said, just cram it in.

The FM is conduction, so a grind is NOT necessary.

You can start drawing before it stops blinking... the flavors will get better and better until you get up to the level. Expect that a good nuglet will give you several nice cloudy pulls. Have three or four, then just set the FM down, and think about it.

A gram should get you 8 - 12 loads, if you fill it just under that line I mention, not terribly tightly... just a snug fit.

Have fun with it :)

Canuck420

Hi!

I have a FM mini... it's very nice!
When you get it, if your MJ you get is in nugs, just break off a piece of a nug and cram it into the oven. It will most likely take only about 1/4 of a nug (depending on the nug, of course), but you don't have to grind, and you aren't gonna get a whole lot in there. You'll see the white of the oven and the line where it becomes the housing. Just fill it to just below that line, like I said, just cram it in.

The FM is conduction, so a grind is NOT necessary.

You can start drawing before it stops blinking... the flavors will get better and better until you get up to the level. Expect that a good nuglet will give you several nice cloudy pulls. Have three or four, then just set the FM down, and think about it.

A gram should get you 8 - 12 loads, if you fill it just under that line I mention, not terribly tightly... just a snug fit.

Have fun with it :)

Interesting approach.... I thought grinding helped increase the surface area, does that not apply with conduction?

NorVape

Vape Rictim

I'm vaping black Moroccan through a bong RIGHT now, and it's so much milder than smoking it you'll think I'm trying to sell you something if I start going in detail.

I remember how hard this was on the throat.

Now it's just flavourful and mellowing, and through my vapes I can control the effects.

So, you'll be shocked at how mild it is. This however does NOT mean that ITS effects are mild ;)

Good luck, I think you'll have plenty of fun. Chosing cannabis was wise, vaping more so :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Agreed, tossing a nug in the mflb would result in a tiny portion of the nug vaping, haha.
It's different with all vapes, I woudn't make any broad generalizations to Conduction in general. Generally, more bud in contact with the heat source, the better vape.

Canuck420

Hey guys - I got the FM Mini - not sure if it's faulty though, out of the box it was so dead that plugging into charge the red charging light wouldn't even come on - took a good 20 mins to even show as charging. If it finishes charging ok then I'll test it with some burnoff's.

Probably wait until the weekend for liftoff assuming it is indeed ok.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have a FM, so @Enchantre knows more about this particular unit. Sometimes doing some tests yourself and see what works better for you. Try a session with the nuggets and try with some ground material.

I like to usually grind my cannabis with most my vaporizers.

@Canuck420 glad your unit arrived.

CarolKing,
Reactions: NorVape

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Interesting approach.... I thought grinding helped increase the surface area, does that not apply with conduction?
You can grind. It's just not necessary.

What I like about my FM mini is that I can just cram a nuglet in it, and go. When it's done, I get a lovely, chocolate brown all the way through powdery dust. I'm not worried that I'm missing any goodies.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You can grind. It's just not necessary.

What I like about my FM mini is that I can just cram a nuglet in it, and go. When it's done, I get a lovely, chocolate brown all the way through powdery dust. I'm not worried that I'm missing any goodies.
What color did you get?
Is there a difference with the 5.0?
The HAZE?

These are better than the SOLO?

I'm going to update my quiver and need your expertise?

I don't know anything about vaporizers I'm just a CANNABIS ADVOCATE!

@mikeben @CarolKing

When I was younger we just used a pair of scissors?
I like loading a whole uncut nugget!

We did not over analyze it!

Then again we rolled!

Last edited:
Hey guys - I got the FM Mini - not sure if it's faulty though, out of the box it was so dead that plugging into charge the red charging light wouldn't even come on - took a good 20 mins to even show as charging. If it finishes charging ok then I'll test it with some burnoff's.

Probably wait until the weekend for liftoff assuming it is indeed ok.

Like I promised in a previous post here are pictures of 1. what 0.10gm looks like on a scale,2. after grinding, 3. poured into the top of the FM Mini, and 4. finally after a light tamp down with the enclosed tool. By all means, if you have a grinder, then grind your herb before putting it in the FM mini. More surface area means better extraction because more even heating. Just putting a nug will work, but not as efficiently.
T1csSib.jpg

y5raJUV.jpg

oRukVUC.jpg

Q7eaL5W.jpg

Canuck420

Like I promised in a previous post here are pictures of 1. what 0.10gm looks like on a scale,2. after grinding, 3. poured into the top of the FM Mini, and 4. finally after a light tamp down with the enclosed tool. By all means, if you have a grinder, then grind your herb before putting it in the FM mini. More surface area means better extraction because more even heating. Just putting a nug will work, but not as efficiently.

That's beautiful - thanks very much!

Top Bottom