First time.... (almost)

Canuck420

So, I weighed out 0.05g of the 1:1 THC/CBD strain - hit it twice at 20 min intervals. Certainly wasn't as strong as the other strain, but could feel some effect. To my disappointment, the anxiety remained - I was hoping that the CBD would taper this, but it was still there. Worse, I had a very restless sleep, finally getting into a prolonged sleep at 4am.

I'm somewhat frustrated at this point - I just don't seem to be able to enjoy it like I remember or like other people seem to be able to. I don't know if I want to carry on trying now - certainly hasn't met my expectations or memories.

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I'm not saying this is your issue, but the few times the herb hits me with the anxiety it's because I'm surpressing emotions and subconsiously know I'm living wrong and/or have things I must fix in my life. Often related to other people. When I realized this I started "listening" to the anxiety, instead of letting it cripple me.

Canuck420

I'm not saying this is your issue, but the few times the herb hits me with the anxiety it's because I'm surpressing emotions and subconsiously know I'm living wrong and/or have things I must fix in my life. Often related to other people. When I realized this I started "listening" to the anxiety, instead of letting it cripple me.

To some extent I'm sure you're right.... I'm an anxious person but generally I have it under control day to day, the herb seems to strip away the barrier and let it out. The stupid thing is, I'm not really obsessing about anything in particular, just get a feeling of discomfort or uneasiness that prevents me from having the enjoyment I should be. Very frustrating as it's not something you can control consciously.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
The way I see it you have 2 options...

1.. decide that maybe herb is not for you and move on...

2.. force yourself to get high everyday and deal with the discomfort, surely after a week your body will set a baseline and you shouldn't get anxious about it...

Canuck420

The way I see it you have 2 options...

1.. decide that maybe herb is not for you and move on...

2.. force yourself to get high everyday and deal with the discomfort, surely after a week your body will set a baseline and you shouldn't get anxious about it...

I think you're probably right.... I wanted to like it, I really did, just don't know if I have the resolve for option 2 at this point. Guess I have some soul searching to do!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Maybe you have too much time to think,, vape some flowers and do some shit...
Shit that takes mind power..
Distract yourself, and before you know it you may be enjoying it..

kellya86,
Reactions: NorVape

friedrich

Little-Known Member
What strains do you have / have you tried? If you still want to give it a chance, maybe another would treat you better... even something more "sativa"? I think some people can get anxious from an "indica" body buzz; some Blueberry I had the other night seemed to want to keep me up with a little nervous energy.

Oh, and did you try the black pepper or ibuprofen thing I mentioned? Not really a solution, but it might come in handy at times, if it works!

friedrich,
Reactions: NorVape

Canuck420

What strains do you have / have you tried? If you still want to give it a chance, maybe another would treat you better... even something more "sativa"? I think some people can get anxious from an "indica" body buzz; some Blueberry I had the other night seemed to want to keep me up with a little nervous energy.

Oh, and did you try the black pepper or ibuprofen thing I mentioned? Not really a solution, but it might come in handy at times, if it works!

This is the latest one I have, it's meant to be 70% Indica/30% Sativa - https://www.leafly.com/indica/sweet-and-sour-widow Not sure if it's the indica or the sativa causing the problem, but it certainly didn't make me tired. What happens is I seem to drift off but then I'll wake up every hour and it'll feel like I haven't been asleep at all.

Part of my problem may also be starting too late in the day - it's generally 9pm when the kids are in bed and then I'm going to bed myself by around 11. 2 hours probably isn't long enough for the sleepiness to kick in and then once you get into an insomnia funk, telling yourself you're not going to get to sleep, you're in a no win situation (anyone who's had insomnia will identify with this).

I did try the ibuprofen and black pepper the last time - didn't seem to do anything for me.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Cannabis is actually a stimulant, I wouldn't sleep too well if I left it till 9 either, I don't really start till 9 but I have a micro dose when I get in from work that keeps me nice till I can sit down at 9...

I find it takes 3 to 4 hours for my sleepyness to kick in, that's why I get one in me at 6, then 4 hours later at 10, after vaping more, I drift off better than I ever did while combusting, I aways had trouble sleeping till I found vaping...

I'm currently vaping an 80%sativa which is very heady, I find I'm buzzing for a few hours, then It all comes crashing down and I can bearly keep my eyes open, even if I vape at 12 (noon), I'll need a nap at 4...

Try starting at 7, then go again at 9 and 10...

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I had a long period where all I could smoke (pre FC obv :lol: ) was old school hashish.

All these new strains just sent me to uncomfortable spaces.

Do you have some one to guide you in your purchases?

I live in Prohibiton Land, but due to my knowledge of different kinds of canna I knew that more mellow and cured hashish would work better for me than icy nugs of hydro.

Oh btw, what temps are you vaping at?

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I completely agree with @NorVape , if you don't get on with weed but still want to rekindle that old feeling, then the next step is find some hash, a nice mellow, more subtle sort of high may be what your after...

Seems like everytime I read a @NorVape post, I end up vaping a slice of hash, it's become ritual..

Canuck420

I had a long period where all I could smoke (pre FC obv :lol: ) was old school hashish.

All these new strains just sent me to uncomfortable spaces.

Do you have some one to guide you in your purchases?

I live in Prohibiton Land, but due to my knowledge of different kinds of canna I knew that more mellow and cured hashish would work better for me than icy nugs of hydro.

Oh btw, what temps are you vaping at?

Still prohibition here, but not for much longer, though they say it may take a year or two to fully legalize.... Then there's debate over what retail sales will look like, so who knows what kind of choice we'll end up with in the end.

As noted earlier, my previous experience was with hash - I'd read though that it's difficult to vape as it doesn't melt?

I'm vaping at 400 - was err'ing on the higher side to make sure I'm not getting *just* THC - but then thinking about it, I'm taking a draw as soon as it's indicating it's at 400, that's probably not enough time for the actual herb to be at temp just the oven.

Canuck420,
Reactions: friedrich

Tommy10

Tollerance can be a wonderful thing, maybe a few more times and what you think you don't like about it now maybe become enjoyable or at least less noticed as the sensation of being high becomes more normal?

Tommy10,

poonman

Still prohibition here, but not for much longer, though they say it may take a year or two to fully legalize.... Then there's debate over what retail sales will look like, so who knows what kind of choice we'll end up with in the end.

As noted earlier, my previous experience was with hash - I'd read though that it's difficult to vape as it doesn't melt?

I'm vaping at 400 - was err'ing on the higher side to make sure I'm not getting *just* THC - but then thinking about it, I'm taking a draw as soon as it's indicating it's at 400, that's probably not enough time for the actual herb to be at temp just the oven.

Are you in Toronto ?
I'm coming over now ... just kidding .

There is something to be said for low temp vaping , especially
for noobies . imo
The higher the temp , the higher you'll get .

If you are in one of the bigger cities , you should be able
to get a MJ License . Then you'll have access to ALL the best varieties
of cannabis/hash in Canada . From walk-in dispensaries with knowledgeable
Bud-tenders to Online mail orders from reputable BC dispensaries that will
cater to your specific needs .

I think you stated you already have a license , but you have
nobody to walk you thru this . ( but we're here )

2 hours is not enuf , b/c like it was said .
It can act as a stimulant , at 1st .
But 3 to 4 hours later , you'll start to come down .
Even THC will make you sleepy if you do too much ,
but I think you want High CBD strains for sleep aid .

It's not really like prohibition tho .
I don't think the Police are viewing small cannabis
usage as their Number 1 priority ... anymore .

Yes try hash , try Bubble hash .
Stay far away from Concentrates !!!

edit ; try it on a weekend , when you are Not worried about
getting to sleep on time . When you failed , it wore on you , and
that's all you were thinking about ... failure .

poonman,

Canuck420

Are you in Toronto ?
I'm coming over now ... just kidding .

There is something to be said for low temp vaping , especially
for noobies . imo
The higher the temp , the higher you'll get .

If you are in one of the bigger cities , you should be able
to get a MJ License . Then you'll have access to ALL the best varieties
of cannabis/hash in Canada . From walk-in dispensaries with knowledgeable
Bud-tenders to Online mail orders from reputable BC dispensaries that will
cater to your specific needs .

I think you stated you already have a license , but you have
nobody to walk you thru this . ( but we're here )

2 hours is not enuf , b/c like it was said .
It can act as a stimulant , at 1st .
But 3 to 4 hours later , you'll start to come down .
Even THC will make you sleepy if you do too much ,
but I think you want High CBD strains for sleep aid .

It's not really like prohibition tho .
I don't think the Police are viewing small cannabis
usage as their Number 1 priority ... anymore .

Yes try hash , try Bubble hash .
Stay far away from Concentrates !!!

edit ; try it on a weekend , when you are Not worried about
getting to sleep on time . When you failed , it wore on you , and
that's all you were thinking about ... failure .

No, don't have a license, I'm buying black (gray) market - at this point I don't think it's probably worth it and would rather not have it on my medical record.... Hopefully they don't take too long with legalization but I can see retail sales could end up as a shit show anyway especially if they intend to distribute via liquor stores as it looks like it may be.

Canuck420,
Top Bottom