Firewood Vaporizer

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
i've used pax, and arizer air before i ordered myself a mighty. The product quality imo is subpar and the heating element from what ive seen is just a metal cylinder. I think the products success comes directly from the cooling chamber
So those other two vapes have some of the worst airflow.. Not sure how great of a comparison the Mighty is, but if you claim that at 0, can you place all your other vapes. Or the ones you've used based on memory.

paytonpenn,
Reactions: radiant34

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
do you guys breath from the diaphragm instead of taking huge rips? i feel like when i breath slowly from my diaphragm or more so my stomach i get real good clouds. But when i rip it i get zilch.

Yeah. I feel like i got a handle on how to use it. It works, just not exactly the punch I am accustomed to these days in a portable. I love the form factor, and other aspects, but the vapor production is not on par with the top best portables on the market IMO.

radiant34

So those other two vapes have some of the worst airflow.. Not sure how great of a comparison the Mighty is, but if you claim that at 0, can you place all your other vapes. Or the ones you've used based on memory.
In the handheld market that is. I do stand by saying that the mighty has 0 draw resistance.(I have yet to try any plug ins).

But firewood definitely blows the air and the pax out of the water. I use the firewood throughout the day just because how versatile this unit is. I can pick it up take 3 puffs and put it down without worrying about prolonged cooking. The mighty for me is is now more a session vape. Thats why it's nice having the option of having a one hitter vape like the fw. It's definitely holding me over until i get my grasshopper.

Yeah. I feel like i got a handle on how to use it. It works, just not exactly the punch I am accustomed to these days in a portable. I love the form factor, and other aspects, but the vapor production is not on par with the top best portables on the market IMO.

I feel that the vapor density is on par to my mighty. Not any more and not any less. It does a great job of extracting the herb to it's fullest potential and is just as efficient if not more than my mighty.

radiant34,
Reactions: Kaptan

little maggie

do you guys breath from the diaphragm instead of taking huge rips? i feel like when i breath slowly from my diaphragm or more so my stomach i get real good clouds. But when i rip it i get zilch.
I try to breathe in slowly. Diaphragmatic breathing is not something I'm skilled at.

little maggie,

radiant34

I try to breathe in slowly. Diaphragmatic breathing is not something I'm skilled at.
try practicing by moving your stomach muscle in and out before. when ur inhaling just take a primer puff to get the heater going and than just litterally inflate ur tummy while taking a slow puff. you should be getting a much better hit, and it gets even bigger the longer u inflate ur tummy. haha

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@radiant34. Do you really feel it does a great job extracting? It is so odd to me as I feel that is one of its biggest pitfalls. Whispy hits with undercooked ABV. Different experiences apparently.

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: KeroZen

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So is your unit set to the max 7?

Does it even seem like it will combust, do you hear the air from the vents on your hit?

Surely you've seen my videos and abv, I'm spewing clouds and ending with near black abv.

radiant34

@radiant34. Do you really feel it does a great job exttacting? It is so odd to me as I feel that is one of its biggest pitfalls. Whispy hits with undercooked ABV. Different experiences apparently.
it's all about technique man, you can easily combust on level 3 if you have a good steady draw technique.

when i first had the unit i also didn't manage to get amazing clouds. @paytonpenn really helped me out and told me about the temp variation setting which is an amazing feature. I set my temp variation setting to 7 and began messing around with it. I began getting better vape but it would still come out wispy. He warned me there was technique to it so i messed around with it, once i started inhalin real slow after the initial primer puff i got a hit filled with combustion flavor at level 3 and i knew this thing was a monster. I set the setting to variation temp 4 but i was still combusting, now it's on factory reset and now i get perfect abv that isnt combusted.

Last edited:

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Not sure what Max 7 means? I did get the info from customer service in how to pump up the temp. I did boost it a smidge (14 degress), but.didn't push further as i can see the heater light faintly on setting 3 in a dark room as recommended by cust service. Are you recommending i pump it up further to try?

The Vapor is hot but my load never looks like it was close to combusting ever. Not sure what you mean about hear the air either, sorry. Maybe a faint whistle but i would have to test again tomorrow

radiant34

Not sure what Max 7 means? I did get the info from customer service in how to pump up the temp. I did boost it a smidge (14 degress), but.didn't push further as i can see the heater light faintly on setting 3 in a dark room as recommended by cust service. Are you recommending i pump it up further to try?

The Vapor is hot but my load never looks like it was close to combusting ever. Not sure what you mean about hear the air either, sorry. Maybe a faint whistle but i would have to test again tomorrow
yea try it on 7 clicks = set temp shift to approx +50 degrees F for all heat levels

you'll see improvement. especially if you get ur draw down you'll def combust. remember slower draw=heat has more time to sink with the herbs.

radiant34,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
it's all about technique man, you can easily combust on level 3 if you have a good steady draw technique.

There is no way i could combust even on level 4 with any type of technique. Your unit must be tuned to a higher temp

Edit
Thanks radiant. I will try some higher settings tomorrow. I doubt i will max out to the highest temp the first run,.but i will try more than the plus 14 degress i tried before

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
In the handheld market that is. I do stand by saying that the mighty has 0 draw resistance.(I have yet to try any plug ins).
If you have a water pipe you should try inhaling and connecting the Mighty on to it while you inhale to see if there is any resistance or slow down.

I suggest aiming for pump 4, on the lowest pump setting you should occasionally see a glow on temp 2, you should always see a glow on temp 3.

If you can hear the air try inhaling slower. Also make sure your unit isn't just cooling while you hit all the time, it should instantly go back to it's glow or still be glowing. I think it may be time to start taking the capsule out on every hit and using it like a log because performance is up there.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
So i see what you're both saying and the highest i have tried thus far would be "click two" setting 4. I will start at click four setting 4 tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers.

Does that sound right? Thanks. Cheers.

Edit. I guess i mean pump, not click

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So i see what you're both saying and the highest i have tried thus far would be "click two" setting 4. I will start at click four setting 4 tomorrow and see what happens. Cheers.

Does that sound right? Thanks. Cheers.
Sounds good to me I hope you see mind blowing results.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
My Firewood's airflow has fluctuated.... It's usually fine; a little more restricted than my Nano, a little less than my Haze. I go from level 1 to 3, mostly kind of puffing on it with some longer draws interspersed, and can exhale beautiful long rolling waves of highly satisfying vapor on each setting. Dark chocolate thoroughly-extracted abv results with no stirring. I do occasionally pull out the mouthpiece and shake/knock the contents around a little.

For a couple days though last week, something (...pocket lint? I don't know) was obstructing things somehow; the pull was very difficult and performance really suffered. This was the only time I've had to break out another vape! I kept blowing air through the FW intake (advice confirmed by Marc) and eventually got it back to normal; it's completely taken over again :D

btka

@IAmKrazy2 look at post 1689 in this thread vape dr. is explaining how to set temp. higher... and please tell us if your experience cahnged after changing temp.

Edric al-Fali

I'm starting to get the hang of it. I took it out on break and it did the job. I might bump up the temp ranges a smidgen, but it does a nice job on setting 4 and I don't feel a need to raise the ceiling yet.

I think the heater is breaking in. Does that make sense? It feels like airflow is slightly improved. Now I can say that I am taking my hits too fast. I instinctively try to hit it like my other vape, who's slow is the Firewood's fast. Also still getting used to the heating cycles, but I'm getting decent hits if I try.
I can literally step outside, take a good hit and come back in, which is exactly what I wanted it for.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
So much for people telling me my remark was pointless a few pages ago... From reading all these various users and mixed reports, it seems to me the FW3 still has a learning curve, like my FW2.1. I read about getting hot blank air hits and that's exactly what plagued my experience with this device too.
Touche`. I was the one that pointed out that you were speaking of a completely different version of this device, however it does seem upon a broader customer basis this device does apparently require some technique that perhaps does require some learning curve.

Once you got it, this device does hit quite nicely. It's been referred to in this thread as a "monster", "beast" and compared to some pretty heavy hitters so I think those who stick with it will find the results the are looking for.

Mr Mellish

Touche`. I was the one that pointed out that you were speaking of a completely different version of this device, however it does seem upon a broader customer basis this device does apparently require some technique that perhaps does require some learning curve.

Once you got it, this device does hit quite nicely. It's been referred to in this thread as a "monster", "beast" and compared to some pretty heavy hitters so I think those who stick with it will find the results the are looking for.

Agreed. This thing is surprising me as I get the hang of it.

Techie question:
I'm away from home and forgot my charger. Looking around this place, there are two different sized cable boxes that appear to have power supplies with the right adapter. One is 5v/1.5A. The other is 12V/3A. Could I safely use either to charge the FW3 or are power supplies a different animal?

Mr Mellish,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Agreed. This thing is surprising me as I get the hang of it.

Techie question:
I'm away from home and forgot my charger. Looking around this place, there are two different sized cable boxes that appear to have power supplies with the right adapter. One is 5v/1.5A. The other is 12V/3A. Could I safely use either to charge the FW3 or are power supplies a different animal?
No. Don't do it. Read back a few pages and you'll read I broke one of my units by putting it in the wrong plug albeit it was 15v.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes don't get me wrong, to me a lot of vapes require some amount of technique, excepted maybe the Crafty/Mighty and FlowerMates. All others I tried required to adjust your draw or to be careful with the way you load it etc. The Zion definitely requires a method to follow, that is quite similar to the FW2.1 and prior versions, excepted it has an added power knob and much more power.

I'm aware the FW3 is a different beast. By the way, reading about these "click" settings and some other remarks, I realized that this is a digital vape right? I don't recall if it has been clearly stated this way previously or not. Do you know if there is active temperature control (closed loop system)?

The other day I recommended vapes to an old friend. I wish I could have told him to buy a Zion as it seemed to fit his bill, but there won't be any international shipping until some uncertain time. So I recommended him to get two vapes, a small cheap conduction one for laid back extended sessions the evening, and a convection one for instant hits while he's at his shop.

For the former I recommended the FM5-Pro and a few others. For the latter, I recommended the FW3 without having tested it (and just because of your reviews guys!) I added the ESV and the Firefly to the list so he can make his own decision. I wanted to add the new halogen one from the Venus Vape guy in Europe but apparently it's still not released.

I hope he'll chose the FW3 so I can test it haha! :brow:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Techie question:
Instead you could do what I did when this happened to me. I went and found a fast charger that came with some rechargeable batteries that were around 2100 maH at Walmart. They were Duracell or something but I did not use the batteries. Instead I used the charger to charge the batteries that are in the FW3.

This is not really recommended, especially for repeat use as it puts the screw threads in the wood device at risk of being burred or stripped and then no more cover stay on for you...so be careful!

nosmoking,
Reactions: friedrich
Top Bottom