Firewood Vaporizer

futuretaylor

I got my firewood in the mail today! It is my first portable and I love it.
I have read that it doesn't work while charging, but mine definitely works while it is plugged in and charging. I just emailed Firewood about it, but I was so excited I had to finally make an account here (I've been lurking for a few months) and post about it in the mean time.

Mr Mellish

Last night I boosted the FW3 temps by 3 octaves. Took 8 hits at setting 3. Tasted good and the effects were good.

Woke up in the middle of the night...should I pull out the Herc? No, I'll kill that load in the FW3 and see how it goes. Set it to 4 and was getting good vapor. After another 8 hits, the vapor was wispy so I quit. It hit surprisingly hard.

My attitude about this little bugger is turning around. I remembered to set the temp so you CAN teach an old moron new tricks.

futuretaylor

Ah good points about the battery. Mark from Firewood also wrote me back today. He said it's probably not a good idea to use while charging due to voltage fluctuations. He also said a 5V/5A DC adapter would work as a power supply. It wouldn't work as a charger but would have be a separate device. So I'm pretty sure that is those battery packs.
At least I've got an e-nano to use during charging. :)
By the way, I've been using a folded piece of silicone tubing from a nano stem to connect the FW with my d020-d and I have been getting excellent results.

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

Equivalent in vapor production, I use my UD stems in my FW.

But FW has no like airflow in comparison, UD literally does not alter the airflow when i put in on the bubbler.
If I'm understanding you correctly, the vapor production is the same, however the draw resistance is much more restrictive than the UD?

Last edited:

GetLeft

For all those who has a Firewood, how would you say it compares to it's desktop counterparts (E-nano and UD)?

One probably should not expect favorable comparisons between a portable and a desktop. Especially if you're talking desktops that are as popular as the UD and the E-nano.

Portables tend not to rip (although Zion has piqued the interest of many); they're portable because they're powered by smallish batteries, which don't match the energy output of an outlet.

btka

Ah good points about the battery. Mark from Firewood also wrote me back today. He said it's probably not a good idea to use while charging due to voltage fluctuations. He also said a 5V/5A DC adapter would work as a power supply. At least I've got an e-nano to use during charging. :) By the way, I've been using a folded piece of silicone tubing from a nano stem to connect the FW with my d020-d and I have been getting excellent results.

what is your opinion... is the fw Equivalent in vapor production then nano... please compare the nano to the fw3...

btka,

ren.dnb

Ah good points about the battery. Mark from Firewood also wrote me back today. He said it's probably not a good idea to use while charging due to voltage fluctuations. He also said a 5V/5A DC adapter would work as a power supply. At least I've got an e-nano to use during charging. :) By the way, I've been using a folded piece of silicone tubing from a nano stem to connect the FW with my d020-d and I have been getting excellent results.

Mark sold some power supplies at one point for the 2.1. I think I still have one laying around that I could use for the 3.0. Certainly came in handy when I wanted to take a few pulls before going to bed. I'll give that a shot, but good to know that a 5v/5a dc adapter will work.

ren.dnb,

futuretaylor

what is your opinion... is the fw Equivalent in vapor production then nano... please compare the nano to the fw3...
E-nano has the FW beat for vapor production, definitely. Nano has a cleaner taste, is more efficient, and makes bigger clouds. It's also easier to load. The effects from the nano and FW through a bubbler are about the same though.
I have only had the FW for less than 24 hours however, so I can still improve my technique. Even with a little practice, I was getting clouds in the bubbler from the FW that were pretty close to nano clouds. I was impressed. I'm also really liking vaping without a cord and without stirring it after every hit.
The FW is a great pair with the nano.

Mark sold some power supplies at one point for the 2.1. I think I still have one laying around that I could use for the 3.0. Certainly came in handy when I wanted to take a few pulls before going to bed. I'll give that a shot, but good to know that a 5v/5a dc adapter will work.
I may have forgotten to mention an important bit. He directly said "It would be possible to use a separate 5V/5A DC adapter to supply power when the batteries are dead, but this would not work as a charger and would have to be a separate device."
So that's probably those charger packs with the 4 AA batteries. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
which UD stem plz? Any other existing sources of alternate mouthpieces? I'd like to get my lips farther from the wood.
I used the GonG. Not really usable as a mouthpiece as its not snug but perfect for water.

Really? The Firewood is equal to the Nano in vapor production? That is a little surprising...
How so, if it's a pure convection unit that can reach equivalent temps only thing that really varies is bowl type, bowl to heater placement and airflow for production. I compare the FW to my Versa which slays the UD, maybe not in clouds but in overall effect from loads under .05g.

I've had a plethora of vaporizers and the only "mediocre" portables are electric conduction units. I can even recreate convection vaping very easy with an ecig or flame. Nano is just tech that makes better hits easier.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Nano is just tech that makes better hits easier.
Well, that seems an odd place to put a "just". I mean, isn't that what we're all here for? Isn't the quest to find or make "tech that makes better hits easier"? It has been for me anyway since I started this vaping thing. :)

Anyway, I haven't hit a nano myself but I have read much about it and seen many vids and it seems to be a very solid hitter as most of the logs seem to be. The wall cord and long heat times are limiting for me. So when a battery portable is able to hit as well as a log vape it draws my attention, and as far as I can tell there haven't been many. If this is one at this price I am interested, but a lot of the reviewers don't seem to like it quite as much as you do. So I'm in learning mode.

Insofar as "all that varies" between convection vapes we can just agree to disagree.

GetLeft

only thing that really varies is bowl type, bowl to heater placement and airflow for production.

I'll quit hijacking. Those are some considerable variables, though. Especially the last one. More power, more hot air, more freedom to rip.

But rips aren't everything. I'm here for other reasons. Specifically, efficient stealth that doesn't require too much finesse. If it's convection, slam dunk. Wood, exclamation point. Staying alert to all the good feedback here. You're all doing good work. I'm close.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Well, that seems an odd place to put a "just". I mean, isn't that what we're all here for? Isn't the quest to find or make "tech that makes better hits easier"? It has been for me anyway since I started this vaping thing.
You're right, I was in the middle of finishing that sentence and I guess it didn't happen.
Should read out
Nano is just tech that makes better hits easier, its not necessarily making better hits than the competition even if the competition was selling their product for 10 dollars.

My main point is that people really underrate portables or other vaporizers, 30+ different vaporizers owned and I've tried even more (except EVO/Herbie). Performance isn't based on being plugged in, or because its cheap; its design.

The Nano and other logs aren't advanced or fancy tech (just pretty tech), from my perspective they are as simple as my torch + glass diy. But their resistors don't fluctuate as much as the flame and my unsteady hand and obviously they're electric. But I've done the same thing with an ecig as well. The Firewood is no different in design. Just a tube to direct airflow through the heater and a stem/capsule to further guide heated air in the direction of the load. Now the big factors of performance are what I stated above.

Those are some considerable variables, though. Especially the last one. More power, more hot air, more freedom to rip.
Or, more power, more freedom to rip more hot air than hot vapor. Just because it has power doesn't mean your airflow can't overpower it.

To me those are crucial variables, more power is often not an issue and vape designs by default are trying to restrict the power to prevent high temps.

Last edited:

radiant34

You're right, I was in the middle of finishing that sentence and I guess it didn't happen.
Should read out

My main point is that people really underrate portables or other vaporizers, 30+ different vaporizers owned and I've tried even more (except EVO/Herbie). Performance isn't based on being plugged in, or because its cheap; its design.

The Nano and other logs aren't advanced or fancy tech (just pretty tech), from my perspective they are as simple as my torch + glass diy. But their resistors don't fluctuate as much as the flame and my unsteady hand and obviously they're electric. But I've done the same thing with an ecig as well. The Firewood is no different in design. Just a tube to direct airflow through the heater and a stem/capsule to further guide heated air in the direction of the load.

Or, more freedom to rip more hot air than hot vapor. Just because it has power doesn't mean your airflow can't overpower it.

imo mighty is the best vape for 0 draw resistance.

radiant34,

little maggie

I've been using the FW daily to try to get a handle on it. Still no clouds. I end up switching to the Haze after I'm done with the FW. For me there is no comparison between the FW and a log. I get huge clouds with water and the UD and enano.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I've been using the FW daily to try to get a handle on it. Still no clouds. I end up switching to the Haze after I'm done with the FW. For me there is no comparison between the FW and a log. I get huge clouds with water and the UD and enano.

Yeah it hasn't really broke its way into my regular rotation either. When I do use it, I typically reach for something else after.

radiant34

Yeah it hasn't really broke its way into my regular rotation either. When I do use it, I typically reach for something else after.

do you guys breath from the diaphragm instead of taking huge rips? i feel like when i breath slowly from my diaphragm or more so my stomach i get real good clouds. But when i rip it i get zilch.

radiant34

What other vapes have you used, for me Versa is in the negatives for draw resistance.
i've used pax, and arizer air before i ordered myself a mighty. The product quality imo is subpar and the heating element from what ive seen is just a metal cylinder. I think the products success comes directly from the cooling chamber. I think its the biggest proponent behind 0 draw resistance.

radiant34,
Top Bottom