Firewood Vaporizer

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
What postiion should the battery pack On/Off swith be in when your using the packs to provide direct power to the device?

Do you always leave the battery pack ON when not using basically now? I haven't used mine really and I still need to get good batteries for it, but ski season starts in January if the weather permits and I'm going to need that battery pack to be working the best it can. I am going to order some Eneloop batteries I figure but I never did understand the on/off switch on the battery pack and how/when to use it.
I will normally leave the pack on ON. If you leave your pack connected to the Firewood make sure you turn it to OFF so the Firewood doesn't leech all its battery away.

I leave mine on ON since I never just leave it connected to the Firewood.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Since bumping my FW3 up a few notches it really shines. I just pull as hard as I want on setting 2 and it's warm, satisfying, and seemingly endless. I can puff for about 20 minutes on one bowl if I don't push it to setting 3. I stopped worrying about clouds and just enjoy it. My mom could barely handle the vapor production, and she can chief some bowls.

I bumped it Overdrive 4. It can go even hotter, but I would fear combustion if you drew slow like my mom.

I'm high and can't seem to find an edit post button, but sometimes I hook up the mouthpiece right up to a little water pipe with a 14mm downstem. But I don't fill it with water. I can see it fill up, and the vapor is much cooler than the mouthpiece. But then I take massive rips and waste a bunch. It's fun sometimes, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

j-bug

Just had a wonderful first experience with this vape. Only did one bowl but I prefer small doses anyway. This thing blows every other portable I've had he opportunity to try out of the water. I've mainly only tried other similarly priced models and also the Pax 2. Vapor quality was wonderful. Some people may not like the hint of wood in the taste but my main vape is an Underdog, so for me it's familiar, neither a good thing or a bad thing, but the wood definitely is more present in the fast than in the underdog. I can't make a direct comparison as the strain I used is higher grade than I normally have access to and because of that it was better than anything I've had from my dog, that said I think this strain on my dog would definitely be better. That said the difference between the two is less than I expected and while the dog will undoubtedly remain my main squeeze I won't miss the dog quite as much when I'm away from home. Haven't had enough time to really evaluate much else. Device operation is surprisingly easy in terms of turning on and off as well as setting temperature. I think I prefer the buzzing to anything else I've used as a way the device communicates battery level and temperature. I love the form and shape of the Firewood. The ABV appeared even, but I haven't had the opportunity to look at it in decent lighting. I'm feeling the medical effects really well. It was slightly larger than I was expecting. It'll fit great in my purse or in the pocket of my winter coat, but I doubt I'll be able to use it very discretely while out and about. I was originally getting this vape to test out and give to my sister, but my sister is gonna end up with a Pax 2 instead I think. Though I may order her one of these asap anyway because based on my first impression it's a wonderful little powerhouse and is probably about as close as you can get to a log vape in a portable vape, at least compared to other vapes currently available. I'll probably post an update with 2nd and third impressions in a few days.

Edric al-Fali

Has anyone experienced a slowdown in the vibration speed and reaction time?

Yes. Reaction time is warped. I imagined it as processing time since there is a computer in there, but I could be wrong. I also think my button is bad.
I can't figure it out, but sometimes it take me several tries to turn it on and set the heat properly. Then turning it off is also a major fuss; sometimes it thinks I tried to change the heat settings and vibrates however many times, usually one.

I'm horrified. I'm starting to really enjoy this vape and I might have to return it. I also got a strange packet of goo with the whole set that looks like wood glue. If I wasn't concerned about the warranty, I would pull this thing apart myself and fix the button myself.

Edric al-Fali,
Reactions: KeroZen

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I am in need of a proper stand for these Firewood bags.

For those curious I am using the HerbalAire pump in the bottom of the FW charger, blocking the 3 vents.
I had this thought too. I tried my viVape fan just holding the whip tight to the charging port while plugging the 3 vents and it didn't amount to much as the viVape blower is not very strong in my opinion. I also tried filling a bag manually by blocking the 3 vents and blowing through the charging port again. I was able to get a pretty thick filled bag in less than a minute just using my own lung power. I'm not much for bags though and wouldn't even have ever tried if they weren't sent to me for free honestly. But now you got me thinking about hooking up a bag to my ESV tonight and blowing through the charging port as it's intake is situated in the same manner in that fresh air comes in the device through the charging port. I know this isn't the ESV thread, however with the ESV being more free flowing and all I think it would make filling bags manually a very quick and easy task.

j-bug

So even with the promising update from another vape manufacturer I'm no longer wanting to have one of those amazing products as soon as possible. The FW so far seems to be meeting everything I'd want from a portable vape. A smaller size would be nice as I don't think I can effectively and discretely palm it in public. I'm fortunately in a medical state where public use is basically acceptable around most of the places I'll be, as long as you're outside and make any effort to be discrete. And if anyone is overly suspicious explaining it away as a handcrafted e-cig box mod is something that I'm confident I could pull off as I've read enough about e-cigs to be able to quickly bore someone who isn't interested in them and I've found that boring people is about the best tactic to getting people to look the other way. I wanted a device that functions as an on-demand convection one hitter. The firewood meets and exceeds about 90% of my wants and desires for that, and probably 95% of my needs. I also think that starting at a lower temperature and putting in a bit more that I could probably use the FW as a short session vape, but as I'm primarily a medical user the only time that would be helpful is if my pain or insomnia was really really bad, as I'm pretty sure using a vape that so completely extracts the medicine like this one does would knock me further on to my ass than would be useful for other uses where me being able to function is a priority.

btka

At this point, with the devices I have, FW3 is the champ for flavor quality and longevity of flavor. That's comparing it to:

Crafty
ESV
Vapman
Prima
Pax2
interesting because some stated a wooden taste from the fw3 and the possibility of fading wood taste after several uses...
also how would you compare the fw3 in regards of vapour density to those vapes you mentioned...
I am really thinking of buying a fw3 but do not know if i really will need it... I am also a gh pre orderer and have high hopes int the gh curing my VAS for portables...
I have some portable vapes collecting dust and I do not want another...
What I like about the fw3 is its aesthetics and the bowl and capacity of it handling small doses
but on the other hand I am also liking dense clouds and I am not satiesfid if a vape only is able to produce small wispy clouds...

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
interesting because some stated a wooden taste from the fw3 and the possibility of fading wood taste after several uses...
also how would you compare the fw3 in regards of vapour density to those vapes you mentioned...
I am really thinking of buying a fw3 but do not know if i really will need it... I am also a gh pre orderer and have high hopes int the gh curing my VAS for portables...
What I like about the fw3 is its aesthetics and the bowl and capacity of it handling small doses
but on the other hand I am also liking dense clouds and I am not satiesfid if a vape only is able to produce small wispy clouds...
I like you am not satisfied with small wispy clouds. You'll see the ones in particular that I'm talking about listed in my signature after "Collecting Dust". Any of us that have been around this forum for more than a few monthes should know that the vapes I have that collect dust are damn fine vapes that can produce great results and even decent clouds, however they do not provide the satisfaction I am looking for.

I have been using the ESV all week while my FW3 is getting repaired. I like that the ESV is instant and free flowing. I bet with the GH you get some restriction and I already know you get some with the FW3. I believe it is this instant free flow that creates a denser cloud as my ESV clouds are so much whiter and thicker than any other device I use besides the Daisy. Even so, I miss my Firewood 3 very much so...to the point that I almost bought a second several times in the past week even after purchasing a Hammer just to have one. The FW3 is at the fore-front of the current on-demand convection portable units.

The FW3 made my wait for Zion much more feasible. I don't get the cravings and cold sweats and night tremors anymore...lmao!

j-bug

interesting because some stated a wooden taste from the fw3 and the possibility of fading wood taste after several uses... also how would you compare the fw3 in regards of vapour density to those vapes you mentioned... I am really thinking of buying a fw3 but do not know if i really will need it... I am also a gh pre orderer and have high hopes int the gh curing my VAS for portables... I have some portable vapes collecting dust and I do not want another... What I like about the fw3 is its aesthetics and the bowl and capacity of it handling small doses but on the other hand I am also liking dense clouds and I am not satiesfid if a vape only is able to produce small wispy clouds...

I wouldn't describe the vapor as wispy and I tend to notice tastes more than most people. I would so far describe the wooden taste as nearly imperceptible but also as a neutral factor due to how unobtrusive the taste is. I need to do more testing, but as it stands there isn't a portable vape I'd be happier recommending to people who wanted a new portable vape. The vapor is stronger than I thought possible in a portable vape and it is likely that people experiencing wispy vapor with the FW3 just need to adjust the temperature settings and boost the heat on their device a bit.

Mr Mellish

I'm not noticing the wood flavor anymore...just clean tasty goodness.

I'm still thinking about clouds. I think I can get it on par with the Crafty (more than ESV). Vapman can get crazy clouds if you push it, so it probably tops the list.

btka

@Mr Mellish so you are saying the fw3 is on par with the crafty producing clouds? and the fw3 is also producing bigger clouds as the esv... wow
if that is true I will buy a fw3
whats the opinion from @Vape Dr. and other users... also waiting for your review... I know it is a busy time...

btka,
Reactions: j-bug

Mr Mellish

@Mr Mellish so you are saying the fw3 is on par with the crafty producing clouds? and the fw3 is also producing bigger clouds as the esv... wow
if that is true I will buy a fw3
whats the opinion from @Vape Dr. and other users... also waiting for your review... I know it is a busy time...

I'm saying it's capable. I don't have the Crafty, ESV or FW3 maxed out on temp and I'm not a cloud chaser but with my setup the clouds are competitive. All that shit is black box to me if the desired effect is produced.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
How difficult would it be, and would it void the warranty to replace the batteries? Alternatively does the vendor have a procedure and price for returning the device to them to have the batteries changed? While the batteries may well last a while, they certainly can't last forever...

In one of the vids someone said they are standard AA Enloops so they should be readily available.

Justpassedu

How difficult would it be, and would it void the warranty to replace the batteries? Alternatively does the vendor have a procedure and price for returning the device to them to have the batteries changed? While the batteries may well last a while, they certainly can't last forever...
The owners manual states you can change the batteries yourself & they only recommend using Panasonic Eneloop NiMh .They should not be hard to change , 4 screws at the top of the vape.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Changing the batteries is pretty simple and does not void the warranty. The reason it is not recommended to replace the batteries often is because the screws go into the wood body. The more often you remove these screws the more likely you are to ruin the threads in the wood and end up with a screw that just slides in and out and is not strong enough to hold the battery cover on tightly. I doubt there is enough room, but helicoil's would be a solution if the wall thickness of the wood was just a little thicker at the thinnest points around these screw holes.

Top Bottom