Firewood Vaporizer

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Okay then....we'll just sit down over here for awhile....some cold suds....you know....just be chillin'...

e3343714351edeb09134e1967bd53c30.jpg

hippogriff

Terribly sorry about how long the stream is. I believed its blocked in Germany. I'll leave this up for a while but if I take a better stream or video specifically over the FW expect this 4 hour long video to be removed. I believe I may have combusted once with the Firewood as well. Didn't really have much scripted or planned since I did a video yesterday but I answered a couple questions and used the Firewood a few times. The battery I swapped to that evening was still working this morning.

Yeah, long, but totally appreciated, thank you, and I was having a blip of VAS for the SBJ so the comparison was very useful, you saved me a lot of reading, back to happily waiting patiently for Marc to do his thing. Ordered a Crafty glass mouthpiece so I'll be ready to mangle my cooling unit for slightly different form factor, too.

Maybe for next video, consider collecting questions beforehand, then you can start w/ those questions and move into a q&a, keeps things tighter.

hippogriff

What're the price points for these?

Edit: And how's the battery life doing? It's the major flaw in the FW3, IMO, followed by hard draw, and the battery swap ( which I'm loving the solution for ).
Still in development - we just know of the one beta unit in @paytonpenn 's videos - but looking like we'll know everything in a few weeks.

I don't think of the battery life as the major flaw, I was able to get 3-4 bowls per charge on mine and that suit my use. Also, it's about the same as all the other convection portables - FireFly2, Grasshopper, Milaana - tho they are all much quicker to swap. Time will tell if the new battery and software yield more bowls for the average user, but the FW4 swaps faster than the Grasshopper so it's at least as good as our other choices.

I sold my FW3 b/c I'm using my Milaana full time - the Milaana is a little less easily efficient, and no automatic temps, but fast and intuitive with a strong log-vape sig. I've missed the form factor and interface of Marc's design, really excited for the smaller/faster FW4. If it's anywhere close to the Milaana signature - and FW3 was really close, just slower - then the extra features will be sweet.

hippogriff

I like sipping over an evening, so FW4 is a huge improvement over the FW3; power anxiety sucks.
Ah, yeah I like to vape a bowl and be done for awhile, so different power profiles. Capacity-wise it's only a 25-50% increase if you compare the FW3s 2000mah to the 2500-3000mah of the high-drain 18650s. But the faster heat up/software updates could increase your sips between swaps, too.

Oogendoogan

Anyone know what size screens the firewood capsules use? Is it the same size for both screens? I have used the same couple capsules since I got it and I'm gonna need some screens, can't really figure out what size haha. Thanks :tup:

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Anyone know what size screens the firewood capsules use? Is it the same size for both screens? I have used the same couple capsules since I got it and I'm gonna need some screens, can't really figure out what size haha. Thanks :tup:

Not sure the screen sizes but unless you outright lost em, hold with SB tweezers or throw in a Pyrex and torch em up! Splash of water to rinse ash, torch flash to evap water, good as new!

HellsWindStaff,

djchexxx

Screen size is 1/2in for both screens

djchexxx,

BadDog No

Sigh...Last time I checked this thread the 4 was at an earlier and much less refined design stage with a kind of bulbous swelling on one side that all you guys hated. This is a completely different and totally lustworthy creature. My life is suddenly incomplete. I was gonna buy a backup Milaana, but now...

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
A short term solution if you only have bad quality right now, is to mix in an herb with good flavor like white sage, lavender, or spearmint
I do this to stretch my stuff sometimes, and definitely when I get bored of the same flavor for a few months! Come on, guy, get a couple varieties.

Diggy Smalls,

JoeMama

Greetings FW people...

I just learned about this vape (looking toward the FW4, but reading up on the FW3).

Currently have Grasshoppers and Pax2... the FW looks like it could make the Hopper my on-the-go vape, while being a nice around-the-house vape.

Would I be right to assume that the FW has more chamber-space and more battery time? Or is there no appreciable difference here?

Thanks!

Mr Mellish

Greetings FW people...

I just learned about this vape (looking toward the FW4, but reading up on the FW3).

Currently have Grasshoppers and Pax2... the FW looks like it could make the Hopper my on-the-go vape, while being a nice around-the-house vape.

Would I be right to assume that the FW has more chamber-space and more battery time? Or is there no appreciable difference here?

Thanks!

Hey @JoeMama, I'd say better battery life but smaller chamber. I'm not sure if that's really an issue or not. The FW3 does the job. Pax 2? Totally out of the league of the GH and the FW3 in my opinion (but I may be harsh on that, the Pax2 just seems like a higher tech MFLB to me).

Mr. Me2

My searching skills suck...

Can someone point me to the beginning of fw4 talk and some pics?

Thx!

Mr. Me2,

Justpassedu

I think i am in for a 4 , had the 3 awhile back and my biggest issue was battery life , looks like this was taken care of and it happens to be a nicely crafted vape.

@paytonpenn around how many hits do you average off a fully packed capsule and at what temp ? Also if your model finished walnut or unfinished ? , What batteries have you tried ? I know you need 18650's with a 20amp discharge i believe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom