Firewood Vaporizer

Justpassedu

Is heatshrink what it sounds like, i.e., a color wrap that one would shrink onto glass or silicon tubing?

TIA! :)

Yes mainly made for enclosing open ends of wires for electronics. It comes in all different sizes and you put it around what you'd like and heat it to shrink it. I use a lighter to shrink it. It was never really designed for glass but i guess it works and can be put on anything .

Justpassedu

How are people ordering this now as the website has nothing except for a product mention?
No one is ordering it , if you send a email with your info to them on the product page they will get back to you and put you on the pre-order list if you'd like. Than you will be sent a invoice before the item ships for what you'd like and it will be on its way to you.

throwawaytre3s

So I ordered a new mouthpiece, that's coming in today! And I went to go plug in my firewood to let it charge, for the first time in ages, and the light on the charger won't turn on. Is it broken? Do you guys think it's the battery, or maybe the charger itself? Is there a cheaper option than the one on the site, I haven't vaped in too long and want to start again today.

Edit: never mind, I left it plugged in for a bit and it turned on!

Last edited:
throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: vapen00b

djchexxx

Got my order confirmation! Now just waiting for my invoice

FhATeAi.gif

throwawaytre3s

Hm, I seem to have another problem! My mouthpiece came on, and I was using it, half way through my first capsule, it shuts off. i try and turn it back on, set the temp, and draw, and nothing! No heating whatsoever. Then it vibrates once and auto-shuts off.

throwawaytre3s,

djchexxx

Hm, I seem to have another problem! My mouthpiece came on, and I was using it, half way through my first capsule, it shuts off. i try and turn it back on, set the temp, and draw, and nothing! No heating whatsoever. Then it vibrates once and auto-shuts off.
Are you sure the FW3 is fully charged? Its been a while since I had my FW3 but if I remember correctly when you turn it on it should vibrate 4 times meaning its fully charged.

On your other post it says that you haven't used it for a while. If you left it uncharged for a long time thats not good for the batteries and it could cause the batteries to not hold a full charge anymore. Try unscrewing the lid and taking out the batteries to "reset" it. If that doesn't work put in a new set of eneloops.

Zachwill

I got on the list Oct 15 and I was told 3-4 weeks to receive the invoice.
Yeah I'm sure lots of people that are wanting them, I got on the dibs list in July and I'm fairly sure I was the first one to respond to his order email. I replied about 5 minutes after he sent the pricing details with my order. I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it. :p

CarrotWarrior

Can't wait till everyone gets their orders, pulled the trigger as well.

Had a good sesh last night with my wife's cousin with the fw3 and ti hopper..

She loved the flavor of the fw3 as we temp cruised :ko:

Anyone ordering any extra 18650's yet for the fw4. I was looking at a few on amazon. I'll update where I get them in a bit.

Cheers everybody :sherlock:

@paytonpenn
Your videos and vape technique always on point, great taste in music also.

these next 1-2 weeks it already feels like Christmas :bowdown: @firewood

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
It's precisely because it's difficult to tell just by looking that I advise to buy from reputed sources only. Sometimes it's obvious that it's a fake due to external signs, like the number of rings, the shape of the positive terminal, or markings under the wrap etc.

But the worse is when you get B-grade cells that came from the real factory without wrapping (as the manufacturer doesn't want to be associated with low quality cells, all cells that are not A grade don't get any wrapping) and an unscrupulous vendor rewrap them using the original color and tries to mimic the markings.

Ultimately the only sure way to know would be to perform some characterisation discharges and plot the results, as well as measuring the cell internal resistance. But it's way too much involved for the average Joe...

Gettinbetter

It's precisely because it's difficult to tell just by looking that I advise to buy from reputed sources only. Sometimes it's obvious that it's a fake due to external signs, like the number of rings, the shape of the positive terminal, or markings under the wrap etc.

But the worse is when you get B-grade cells that came from the real factory without wrapping (as the manufacturer doesn't want to be associated with low quality cells, all cells that are not A grade don't get any wrapping) and an unscrupulous vendor rewrap them using the original color and tries to mimic the markings.

Ultimately the only sure way to know would be to perform some characterisation discharges and plot the results, as well as measuring the cell internal resistance. But it's way too much involved for the average Joe...
Perhaps someone could make a list of reputable sources an appropriate batteries for the safety of all? I'll probably be good with the one battery since I use mine sparingly but I might buy an extra battery later for camping trips etc.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm afraid they won't cut it. They are button top meaning they are likely to be protected cells, meaning they are not high discharge IMR/INRs, as AFAIK none exists with protection circuits (the beefiest BMS/PCM I found for a single cell was 10A)

Also EBL is a rewrapper not a manufacturer... Sorry... :\

Top Bottom