Firewood Vaporizer

marduk

daydreamer
Maybe there could be an option for a stainless steel tube with a 510 mouthpiece instead of glass? Taste might suffer a little, but people worried about breaking the glass wouldn't have to worry anymore. :2c:

marduk,

firewood

Manufacturer
So how many heat settings does it have, and does your draw speed have any effect? Do you just have the x amount of heat settings with out being able to reach the temps between them?

What I'm trying to understand is how much of a "manual" vape this is and how much cobtrol the user has of the temps, or if it's completely automatic and you just have a couple of consistent heat settings.
There are 4 temp settings and the temp is controlled at the heater. Because it is controlled at the heater, you do have some control in that slower draw will result in hotter capsule temps, faster will result in cooler temps. Also, you can shift the temp ranges but that is not something that is convenient to do each usage (the setting is persistent though).

Mulehead

My vape needs have already been satisfied (wait did I just say that???) but yet I find myself more than anxious for this next version of the Firewood.

It looks like most of the wants that we discussed here after v3 came out, Marc has developed in v4.

I think having a manufacturer that actively participates here, through his product development just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Now get this thing out already!!

Hey @paytonpenn, would a side by side session video of 3&4 be worth doing?
I'm kinda hoping not, as I'm very happy with v3's production.
Also have you noticed a change in extraction?
Less or more hits/bowl?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hey @paytonpenn, would a side by side session video of 3&4 be worth doing?
I'm kinda hoping not, as I'm very happy with v3's production.
Also have you noticed a change in extraction?
Less or more hits/bowl?
I now think it would be a waste of time doing a side by side. It will be clear the FW4 has a quicker start for when its acceptable to begin inhaling. The production is going to look the same on video and the extraction will come out the same. Its pretty much all identical in the heater and bowl area.

I have noticed more hits produced and a lot easier to have lengthier sessions at lower temps like 1 and 2. The extraction is more thorough overall with a fully packed capsule.

Edit:
Any concerns with the glass mouthpiece breaking if it falls over? It looks a little fragile to me.
Not really. Been tipping it over and knocking it off my desk (2.5ft height) and onto the carpet. Its been doing okay but I wouldn't want to drop it from anything higher than two feet.

Anyone curious about the difference in start times,

FW4
Button hold - 3.5 seconds
Temperature selection - 2.5 seconds
Heatup to Temp 4 - 5-7 seconds
11-13 second wait to begin inhale.

FW3
Button hold - 2 seconds
Temperature selection - 6 seconds (This stage is slower because the unit takes a while before it tells me battery, FW4 you can choose your temp when it does its battery buzz)
Heatup to Temp 4 - 10-20 seconds
18-28 second wait to begin inhale.

You can definitely hit both units earlier but I would consider these as the suggested times as these are the points where the coil peaked and fluttered away. If enough demand I could include a small part in this upcoming video where I will show the heat up time differences but in text its clearly faster. By the time the Firewood3 coil is glowing I have already exhaled a good puff from the 4.0.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I now think it would be a waste of time doing a side by side. It will be clear the FW4 has a quicker start for when its acceptable to begin inhaling. The production is going to look the same on video and the extraction will come out the same. Its pretty much all identical in the heater and bowl area.

I have noticed more hits produced and a lot easier to have lengthier sessions at lower temps like 1 and 2. The extraction is more thorough overall with a fully packed capsule.

Edit:

Not really. Been tipping it over and knocking it off my desk (2.5ft height) and onto the carpet. Its been doing okay but I wouldn't want to drop it from anything higher than two feet.

Anyone curious about the difference in start times,

FW4
Button hold - 3.5 seconds
Temperature selection - 2.5 seconds
Heatup to Temp 4 - 5-7 seconds
11-13 second wait to begin inhale.

FW3
Button hold - 2 seconds
Temperature selection - 6 seconds (This stage is slower because the unit takes a while before it tells me battery, FW4 you can choose your temp when it does its battery buzz)
Heatup to Temp 4 - 10-20 seconds
18-28 second wait to begin inhale.

You can definitely hit both units earlier but I would consider these as the suggested times as these are the points where the coil peaked and fluttered away. If enough demand I could include a small part in this upcoming video where I will show the heat up time differences but in text its clearly faster. By the time the Firewood3 coil is glowing I have already exhaled a good puff from the 4.0.

Hey Peyton, thanks for the detailed info.
What about the need of doing a primer? I reckon a lot of guys, me included, felt like it's obligatory to do one to get the heater kick in. How about this with the FW 4?

Thanks! :)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Hey Payton, thanks for the detailed info.
What about the need of doing a primer? I reckon a lot of guys, me included, felt like it's obligatory to do one to get the heater kick in. How about this with the FW 4?

Thanks! :)
I don't think it's needed, the unit vibrates somewhat forcing you to a slower draw. Also the heater is just better.

ArthurJ

I like the pairing with the UFO, that looks neat so I'll be looking forward to that!

ArthurJ,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I don't think it's needed, the unit vibrates somewhat forcing you to a slower draw. Also the heater is just better.

Thanks for answering all these questions.

Could you please clarify this statement? Is there a vibration to tell you when you are drawing too fast?
Also, in an earlier post you state
Its pretty much all identical in the heater and bowl area
So is it the 18650 battery which is giving better performance, or other factors?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Thanks for answering all these questions.

Could you please clarify this statement? Is there a vibration to tell you when you are drawing too fast?
Also, in an earlier post you state

So is it the 18650 battery which is giving better performance, or other factors?
I'm sure it's battery plus configurations Marc has made in junction with the battery. If you watch my unbox video you'll notice z's on the Firewood when I inhale. It's vibrating to notify me to slow down my inhale.

I'm not sure if you read my edited post but the heat up time was increased by at least 50%.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
........and carry on with your day?

You mean like:
In+a+conversation+with+a+hangover..+Yep_0acd71_3981415.gif

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I'm sure it's battery plus configurations Marc has made in junction with the battery. If you watch my unbox video you'll notice z's on the Firewood when I inhale. It's vibrating to notify me to slow down my inhale.

I'm not sure if you read my edited post but the heat up time was increased by at least 50%.

Thanks. Yeah i noticed those z's in your video but didn't realize that was their purpose. Pretty cool feature to help dial in consistent results.

I was about to ask if it can be switched off, as it could get annoying once you are familiar with the device. Then i realized that if you are familiar with it, and drawing at the correct speed, it won't buzz anyway.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Would you consider the v4 on demand. As in would you pull it out turn it on and take maybe 1 or 2 hits and then turn it off and carry on with your day?
Yes.

Thanks. Yeah i noticed those z's in your video but didn't realize that was their purpose. Pretty cool feature to help dial in consistent results.

I was about to ask if it can be switched off, as it could get annoying once you are familiar with the device. Then i realized that if you are familiar with it, and drawing at the correct speed, it won't buzz anyway.
You could technically inhale faster than the buzz and still get good results. Sometimes I'll be going very slow and realize it wasn't buzzing, I'll then inhale much faster until I get a buzz to see how fast I could have inhaled. Sometimes you can inhale a pretty good rate.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
^^ Sounds great.

I often draw really slowly on the fw3 to get the heat up in the chamber and then ramp up the draw at the end for extra vapour volume

Edit -so i am happy that the new one will perform pretty similar to my beloved fw3, with the added bonus of a more powerful/efficient/faster heater (whichever it is)

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Terribly sorry about how long the stream is. I believed its blocked in Germany. I'll leave this up for a while but if I take a better stream or video specifically over the FW expect this 4 hour long video to be removed. I believe I may have combusted once with the Firewood as well. Didn't really have much scripted or planned since I did a video yesterday but I answered a couple questions and used the Firewood a few times. The battery I swapped to that evening was still working this morning.

Top Bottom