Filtered 'bowl' vapes

Vap974

Hi, I've red all the posts on the vaporstar and the glass vapo-bowl.
I've a vaporstar, which is a good product: effective , cheap an fun to use.
I've tried the iolite and the vapir NO2.

The Iolite seems to a phone, so it's very discret, but sometimes you smell the butane when it is heating.
The NO2 is bigger less discret but effective.

The vaporstar is not discret because you have to use with a bong.The taste is superior if you use a torch lighter. But sometimes as the caps is near the screen you can burn the product...
And after the wood keep the taste of burned grass....

So...after reading the review of Charliedontsurf ( me I do!) i 've ordered a glass vapo-bowl with a total glass bong. I've ordered to THC planet since one month!!!!! But i'm always waiting for it...::/

I think the GVB will be better because it's in glass .

I'll try to make a review GVB/vaporstar.

Is someone try to use the caps of the vaporstar (stainless) with the GVB?
!
Cheers from Reunion Island (forgive my english, I'hope I will be understood!);)

Vap974,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
:Little update on the vapo bowl orders:

So Verdamper is a terrible terrible terrible shop to do business with. I orderd at the end of January and after not hearing any confirmation or getting any confirmation of the order, they email me and tell me to send 10Euro more because I am an international customer and shipping is higher (Keep in mind I emailed them before I placed the order and asked how much shipping would be. They told me a price, I ordered the products and then they charged me extra after!). So great, I pay more and finally get my tracking number. I put the tacking number in the DHL site and it doesn't work. I tried multiple times and it didn't work at all. I contacted Verdamper and they said that sometimes the PO doesn't scan all the packages in and therfore it won't show up (Yeah, because that makes sense, this makes tracking absolutely useless).

Weeks go by and every week or so I drop an Email saying I haven't recieved anything and they tell me to keep waiting. They ended up sending the products by BOAT across the Atlantic....after I paid nearly $40 to ship 4 SMALL glass bowls! It takes 3 weeks for my R/C equipment to leave china and get to me. We are on week 6 of 'it being in transit'.

As you can tell, there is something off about this place. I am now fighting for a full refund, but they don't want to give it because 'the products could still show up at any time'. Well maybe if they would have done the correct shipping with tracking they would fucking know when it was going to show up!

Sorry about this to the people waiting on the order. If you want to see email transcripts of the conversations, just email me.

Thanks

Joey

finchrock24,
That's complete BS that Verdamper is jerking you around like that. If you haven't mentioned that they're sullying their reputation on a forum with thousands of daily visitors and a high trust-index, you might want to bring it up.

Avalon Magic Plants has treated me well twice now, and even sent me an email (not one piece of junk mail up to that point) with a 10% off code, which I took advantage of to buy a few spare glass vapobowls. The price of the VB is so low you start thinking about having spares... Pretty great for how brutally effective a vaporizer it is.

AMP does not carry the 14.4mm model as far I know.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yeah, I demanded a full refund and they said that they empty their paypal account every week at the end of the week so they can't do it until Monday. I will email them monday one more time. Then I will get paypal involved and my bank that my PP account is linked to.

I also plan on PMing Max or another mod to put Verdamper on the 'Do Not Buy From' list we have some where around here.

finchrock24,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
FINALLY!

Got the vapo bowls in!

I tested mine out with a brand new torch lighter I got from the smoke shop and man this thing is awesome. It is fairly efficient but provides some very satisfying hits. You can get to where you want to be fairly quickly and easily once you get the hang out if. I combusted twice while learning the device but now I feel that I have very good control of the size of hits and making sure its vapor only. I am really liking this device so far!

finchrock24,
Glad to hear verdanper came through afterall, eve with less than stellar service.

Also glad you love the vb so much, it really is an awesome, insanely inexpensive vape. Try using the very very tip of a large-ish flame, thats where flavor country is as i once told pinoy.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

HI all, I must say,
a friend of mine sold me his glass vapo bowl, unluckily 14.5mm but whats interesting the metal cap sits on glass vg perfectly and that makes it another variation of glass VG :D Immediately, I removed the screen with a needle. It has better airflow and taste, as was mentioned. I will report deeper impressions later.
some pictures follow

Bananiq,
Bananiq said:
HI all, I must say,
a friend of mine sold me his glass vapo bowl, unluckily 14.5mm but whats interesting the metal cap sits on glass vg perfectly and that makes it another variation of glass VG :D Immediately, I removed the screen with a needle. It has better airflow and taste, as was mentioned. I will report deeper impressions later.
some pictures follow

Wow, that's pretty cool. I would love a direct comparison between the two heat diffusers out of the same pipe.

charliedontsurf,

jackmormon

Thanks finchrock24 for the group buy. Mine just arrived and in my excitement I removed the screen with a small screwdriver pushing down from the top and out came a screen and also a jagged/star edged metal insert that was above the screen. Both are a bit mangled. Should the "star" shaped piece have stayed? Haven't tried it yet and afraid I already messed it up :mad:

jackmormon,
That's a bummer man, post pics for our edification if nothing else. The star might just be wedged in there or something and you might be able to put it back, but I don't think any of us know enough about the VBs construction to say.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Okay, so I have had my VB for about a week now and feel that I am ready to elaborate a little more on it.

Overall Impression: I love this device. I haven't put it down since I got it. My Woodeez (which I <3 ) has seen only a few stems in the past week (which used to be several stays a DAY). I really like the way this device works, the simplicity, the overall build quality, etc.

Things I have noticed:

-The screen on top IS A BITCH to remove. Go slow, and be careful. You can dent up/knock out the 'star plate' fairly easily. I have never used the VB with the top screen in, so I cannot compare screen to no screen.

-Less is more. I have played with loading up different amounts, and it looks like the best amount for me and the herb I get (high grade) JUST BELOW the pinches is perfect. I have 'stacked' a bowl before in the VB and all it does is make it SUPER easy to combust (well, the herb is sitting closer to the 'heater' so this makes a lot of sense). You want to be able to cleary see the 4 pinches, if you can't...take some out.

Side note: I think the pinches serve 2 purposes: 1) To make a new height for the screen like Charlie mentioned and 2) to help 'deposit' heat directly into the center of the herb. The pinches get hot and definelty help to heat the center of the bowl. I think this is one of the reasons that this little guy gets such big hits out of little bits and can take bowls pretty dark while still yielding satisfying hits.

-You will combust! I mean, you might not...but you probably will. There is a learning curve that is for sure. The good thing is that you can see when you bud starts to cherry (burning!!!!) and you can clear the piece immediately stopping any more burning. You will ruin your bowl and probably have to clean your piece out (swish some ISO).

-Shit gets hot!! You will probably burn yourself once or twice. The cape sits on there fairly easily and could easily fall off onto you, your carpet, etc. It wouldn't start a fire but it would hurt you or a pet VERY VERY easily. Try not to be too stupid around this thing. When you aren't hitting it, just put the piece away from you just in case. Safety first!

This unit is great, I love it. I got a torch lighter and a can of butane from the smoke shop for $20. I set my flame all the way down to the smallest flame (so small that at times, there wasn't enough butane to even light it) and then turned it up an 1/8 a turn. Probably around 20-30% of max flame. This keeps me away from combusting but still yields some tasty clouds. Settings will vary from lighter to lighter. A Bic lighter WILL WORK FINE...but it takes 1-2 hits to get to temp. Once it gets rollin its pretty good. It will eat your fuel though and get the lighter super hot. I wouldn't use one, but if I didn't have a torch, a Bic would be a working solution.

finchrock24,

aero18

vaporist
I received mine yesterday. I'll post pictures and a short review tomorrow after my last final for this quarter.

Random notes: I've used it a few times already and so far I am impressed. I didn't have too much difficulty in taking the top screen off (I used the poker that came with my DBV). I do see some oxidation on the star screen, but none on the larger heater unit.

aero18,
Avalon Magic Plant has a 10% off coupon code right now, brings the price down 10%. That's 18.49 plus shipping.

Code is: springtime and is good for march. http://www.avalonmagicplants.com/vaporizers/vaporizer-bowl-glass.html

They've done me good twice now. Sign up for their newsletter because they send you NOTHING but coupon codes.

Edit: Also, Azarius has been out of glass vapobowls for a LONG time and finally have the metal, glass 14.4mm and 18.8mm glass on glass! Prices are pretty reasonable too, I think but am not sure they ship to US. http://www.azarius.net/headshop/vaporizers/portable_vaporizers/vapobowl/

charliedontsurf,

OO

Technical Skeptical
has anyone tried solarbowling a glass vapobowl yet?

i'm thinking magnifying glass powered vape.

OO,

Sensi Star

I can't figure out if I need a 14.4mm or 18.8mm.

I used a tweezer and toothpick to measure the diameter of my bong's DOWNSTEM (female tube). I kept cutting small amounts off of the toothpick until I could span it across the inside of the downstem using the tweezer to hold it. When the toothpick piece could fit, I then measured the length of the piece.

Here's the result:

The widest part of the downstem, the very top CONE is about 17-18mm.
However where the downstem narrows into the bong, it is only 10-12mm in diameter.

This doesn't make sense, as the narrow part won't even hold a 14.4mm male tube. Am I doing this wrong, should I be including the thickness of the glass outer "ring" in the measurement?

I also measured the bottom of the slider (male tube) that fits in the bong. This is only 9mm (including outer ring), and there is not much empty space around it when it goes into the downstem. What does this all mean in terms of choosing the right vapobowl?

Sensi Star,
I believe you are confusing a non-glass on glass (GonG) system for a GonG piece.

There are two types of standard "slider" stems, which do not have ground-glass male/female portions but instead use a rubber O-ring to form a seal. These two sizes are 9mm and I believe 14mm.

Then there are glass on glass joints, more commonly found on modern high-end glass. These DO use ground glass and have absolutely no rubber or anything else assisting in making a seal. These sizes are 14mm and 18.8mm, sometimes rounded up to 19mm in casual usage.

The glass vapobowl is only made for glass on glass pieces.

charliedontsurf,

Sensi Star

^^ Well, my bong only cost $60, so I guess it's not "high end." However, it is made of glass, so is the downstem and the slider. Doesn't this make it "glass on glass"? There is no rubber gasket making the seal between the slide and downstem, however the slide does have a wider "bulb / sphere" between the narrow tube and the top cone that makes a seal.

Can you link me to pictures that differentiate between glass-on-glass and non-glass-on-glass glass?

Sensi Star,

OO

Technical Skeptical
glass on glass is a lazy way of implying that the device has a ground glass joint.

OO,

Sensi Star

^ Oooh. So it is safe to assume that the "frosted" look indicates glass-on-glass? If this is so, which piece in a glass-on-glass setup has to be frosted, the slider, the downstem, or both?

Sensi Star,
Google is your friend, mate.

The only part we are concerned with is the part where the actual bowl enters. The bowl and the female portion which the bowl slides into should be ground glass with no rubber involved whatsoever. If so then you can get a glass vapobowl, but will need to find out which size joint your piece has, 14mm or 18.8mm. For more information on that, I suggest you try... Google.

Back on topic - was hitting my vapobowl like five minutes ago, works marvelously still. I got a larger, more flexible screen so that the actual level where material lies is lower than the narrowing where the screen normally goes. With this position and a slightly larger flame, I am getting absurd numbers of ropes from a small-moderate size bowl, like 15-20 rich, tasty hits.

OO said:
glass on glass is a lazy way of implying that the device has a ground glass joint.

I prefer to think of it as shorthand.

charliedontsurf,

jay253

hits good with out burning the herb but.....i got both vapo bowls for 50$ shipped to us they are not stainless steel at all ,first i used it was a lighter and it just kept on tasting nasty i tried a small torch and noticed smoke comeing from the tip so i took the cap and pointed the flame in and it started smoken like crazy so i heated the whole thing tons of smoke and now a chrome finish is bubbled up all over it and it is aluminum under neath. does any one know whats under the screen in the cap i cant get it apart it must be glued cause you can tell its 3 different parts i tryed plyers too. im gonna sell the glass one with the other new cap maybe ebay or locally in wa anyone interested?

jay253,
I just tried to reproduce this with a 60 second blast from a hot jet torch into the intake hole. No problems. I got some very slight smoke but that seems consistent with a vaporizer which has seen tons of use and sits in close proximity to the material in the bowl. No "off" smells that I could detect.

How long did you hit it with the flame? Did it bubble up on the bottom or on top? Can you give us pictures of what you describe?

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

jay253: how you know it is the alluminium under the chrome finish? well this topic interests me a little.

Glass VapoBowl is really great complement with my 17'' cheap glass bong. It does rip me effectively but I clearly see how bigger amounts of herb am I consuming. In spite of this, I can claim it has very good efficiency like Vaporstar.
Well as far as new impressions in comparison with HDvape goes, Glass Vapo-Bowl seems slightly more efficient (well maybe because of the smaller bowl) and has better heat retention and is safer for use... on the other hand it is also slightly worse in taste (but still better than VaporStar and equally with VaporGenie glass). HDvape is all-glass and that brings a certain aspect of superiority as me concerns.
review coming soon.

Bananiq,
Top Bottom