Filtered 'bowl' vapes

The Shrike

Hi Gearge, see my post a few posts above to see how I removed the screen - took 2 minutes!

The Shrike,
Damn I love this thing, it takes up about 85% of my vaping with the mflb being used on the go. One of the greatest things is how effortlessly you can switch it between pieces, and how ripped you can get in a very, very short amount of time if necessary. I have an inexpensive inline bong which works so wonderfully with it and don't even really consider using the volcano unless others are over. I haven't used the vaporgenies or the vaporstar in months.

Vapeworld and the other retailers need to get them in stock!

charliedontsurf,
I'm reluctant for a number of reasons, mostly privacy, lack of video editing software, shite camera and the like.

Imagine a vaporstar that you don't have to worry about setting on fire, which doesn't taste like wood, which diffuses better, which can fit in any 18.8mm piece, which has 2 (two) adjustable positions for the screen and thus the material to be at, and which is less expensive, and which can be made 100% clean by a simple iso and salt rinse.

So, uh, yeah.

Edit: writing this made me realize how completely shit my original post was, please note my rewrite.

charliedontsurf,

george

charliedontsurf said:
I'm reluctant for a number of reasons, mostly privacy, lack of video editing software, shite camera and the like.

Imagine a vaporstar that you don't have to worry about setting on fire, which doesn't taste like wood, which diffuses better, which can fit in any 18.8mm piece, which has 2 (two) adjustable positions for the screen and thus the material to be at, and which is less expensive, and which can be made 100% clean by a simple iso and salt rinse.

So, uh, yeah.

Edit: writing this made me realize how completely shit my original post was, please note my rewrite.

What do you mean by the two different positions for the screen? Don't you just put the screen ontop of the glass pinches? where else can it go?
im at my parents and dont have it on hand to look at

george,
george said:
charliedontsurf said:

So, uh, yeah.

What do you mean by the two different positions for the screen? Don't you just put the screen ontop of the glass pinches? where else can it go?
im at my parents and dont have it on hand to look at

Put it at where it narrows right below the ice pinches, which is where I put loose herbal material, while I use the pinches for extracts.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Are these sold anywhere in the stats? I can't really understand NOT adding this one to the club....

finchrock24,

george

finchrock24 said:
Are these sold anywhere in the stats? I can't really understand NOT adding this one to the club....

nope. I've scoured the internet looking for retailers and they are all overseas.

george,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Thanks for the info...I'll probably just buy from a UK vendor. Such a small item I am not too worried about it...

finchrock24,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
maybe charlie or george can supply a link for me? I got one site that seems to love Ecstasy talk and shrooms. Don't really want to order from them unless they are really the only and best option. Also, they have a mimimum order of something like 25Euro or something.

Where you guys buyin from...I want this bad boy! I may buy several and sell them on here to accommodate some members.

finchrock24,
Avalonmagicplants was also who sent it to me, I wish it could of been a more low-key seller, but what are you gonna do?

I've actually turned on one of our US based retailers to the Glass Vapo-bowl and they're supposed to be running it through its paces, seeing if it's worth carrying: given the price-to-vapor ratio, we can hope the will.

Update on my vapobowl: still using it every-damn-day, about 75% of my vaping.

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I was thinking about buying the Torch lighter they have their for like 10 or 12 euro...does anyone know if its any good? I'm like .75 euro away from the min. order...so it if is no good, i'll get some papers just to make it enough.

finchrock24,
finchrock24 said:
I was thinking about buying the Torch lighter they have their for like 10 or 12 euro...does anyone know if its any good? I'm like .75 euro away from the min. order...so it if is no good, i'll get some papers just to make it enough.

go to Deal extreme for torch lighters, seriously. Shipping is free, prices super low, good quality torches I've been using full a full year in one case. Just throw down 15 on 3-5 models that are well reviewed and be done is my advice.
http://www.dealextreme.com/
Do NOT use Ronson fluid. Use Colibri or lenk if you can help it. Ronson will ruin perfectly good torches, and god knows what the same implications would be on what you're inhaling.

charliedontsurf,

aero18

vaporist
Going to order one! Seems great for group sessions!

Just one question: I am a bit concerned about butane inhalation. Is this easily avoided with torch lighters? Are torch lighters difficult to use with the vapo-bowl?

Is it easy to use with water present in the bong? (For whatever reason I see most of these vaporizers hooked up to bongs with no water in them)

aero18,
I vape w/ water 95% of the time, it works great, noticably better with a well diffused piece than a poorly diffused one - the inline I use in the movie works great. A torch lighter is very easy to work with - you could still trip about "inhaling" butane, but you are removing completely the flint smoke of a normal lighter and are also burning the butane far more completely due to the high temperature, and whatever undesirables after that are probably caught up in the water anyway.

Can't live forever. Aero, if shipping stays the same and they're still under twenty, I recommend buying two.

I just took the plunge and made a video for the forum's use of the Vapobowl in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glByVqeFKRg

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i wrote out a response earlier to this, but i got timed out and lost it all. :mad:

anyways, thanks for the vid, and the excellent review charliedontsurf.

i watched the vapostar vid on youtube and i noticed a comment on there about how its necessary to rotate the vapostar in order to achieve even vaporization. thus, the reason the bowl is wood - so you don't burn your fingers. yet in the vid, they still stir the pot. wouldn't stirring negate the need to rotate? i don't see their point.

i think i also read somewhere that you prefer 19mm joints on everything. why?
personally i would want a 14mm joint due to the fact that it is easy to put a low pro bushing in a 19mm joint, and use your 14mm piece in it. i think the vapor to air ratio is better in my smaller 14mm pieces, as well.

any news on what the us distributors think of the vapobowl. will i be able to get it from a north american dealer after christmas?

finchrock24:

Where you guys buyin from...I want this bad boy! I may buy several and sell them on here to accommodate some members.

i would be interested in going in with you finchrock24, on a 14mm version of the vapobowl (after christmas).

this does look like the best bang for your buck vape out there.

notmyrealUSERname,
notmyrealUSERname said:
i wrote out a response earlier to this, but i got timed out and lost it all. :mad:

anyways, thanks for the vid, and the excellent review charliedontsurf.

i watched the vapostar vid on youtube and i noticed a comment on there about how its necessary to rotate the vapostar in order to achieve even vaporization. thus, the reason the bowl is wood - so you don't burn your fingers. yet in the vid, they still stir the pot. wouldn't stirring negate the need to rotate? i don't see their point.

personally i would want a 14mm joint due to the fact that it is easy to put a low pro bushing in a 19mm joint, and use your 14mm piece in it. i think the vapor to air ratio is better in my smaller 14mm pieces, as well.

any news on what the us distributors think of the vapobowl. will i be able to get it from a north american dealer after christmas?

finchrock24:

i would be interested in going in with you finchrock24, on a 14mm version of the vapobowl (after christmas).

this does look like the best bang for your buck vape out there.

The vaporstar diffuser IME tended to vaporize a 1/3 or 1/4 slice out from the center, kind of like if a greedy fat man made his own pizza slice. The vapobowl by comparison tends to vaporize about 60% either dead center or slightly off center to one side. I stir on every hit with my tweezers so it's a non issue for me. Even if you did the rotation method with the VS, you'd still need to stir by the 3rd or 4th hit to bring stuff from the bottom of the bowl up to the top.

I prefer 18.8 because you can drop a 12 dollar adaptor into it which mount essentially flush and then use 14mm pieces in it. A 14mm female joint can only fit 18.8 males by added a big clunky adaptor - you can of course you can talk of replacing downstems if applicable in the piece but that's even more elaborate.

Your claim about better vapor-to-air in the 14mm is interesting. My first impulse is to disagree but it's been a long time since I busted out my 14mm tube.

If you look at the pictures of the 14mm Vapo-bowl, you can see that the bottom of the vaping chamber is wider than the narrowing of the 14mm male joint by quite a bit. I don't know if this tightening, which would create some slight venturi effect and effect airflow, would improve or harm the functioning of... THE DEVICE!:lol:

These are undoubtedly one of the best vapor buys for the money, providing you have GOG pieces or cash to procure them.

Finchrock, I'd happily be in for a 14mm Vapobowl and another 18.8mm one if you end up buying them!

charliedontsurf,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Okay...I think this will work out good then.

I will probably order after the holidays. Shipping will go smoother and I really don't want to spend money on myself when I need to spend $200-300 on others (of course happily!). I will post in here when the time gets closer.

So far, it looks like I'll be ordering at least 5 18mm units. Charlie, if the 14mm are in stock I'll pick up one for you and one extra.

This is how it works...I will happily do this for free, if you pay upfront. I will give you notice (in this thread) a week before I order. At that point, you'll need to Paypal me funds (if you need to see any type of ecommer feed back, let me know. I have feedback on some R/C forums I use. 100% positive.) The cost to your guys will be the price of the unit plus a few dollars (I plan on wrapping the bowls in bubble wrap, and then sending them in a padded envelope) to cover packing and shipping costs.

I am hoping to be able to purchase these guys and send them out for right about $25-27. Does that sound fair to you guys? That number is an estimate, but I think it will be fairly accurate, if anything, it would be a little cheaper.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: after thinking about it, if there was enough demand (if 5 people committed within the next few days) i would consider ordering before the holidays. Keep in mind that doesn't mean you'll necessarily receive it before the holidays, afterall I have to get them, then get them to you, but maybe before the new year. just depends.

EDIT 2: After the number crunch, it looks like the 18mm (glass) ones will be a little more expensive then first thought. It looks like $35 is more accurate to keep up with costs.

finchrock24,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Okay, if they are in stock when I am ready to purchase I will get you one.

On azarius.com they show metal and glass. The metal kind looks like it screws onto something, is that what you all want when you say 14mm? Is the glass one 18mm and the metal 14? lol if I order them for you guys i want to make sure I'm getting the right one.

finchrock24,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member

i need to proof read my posts a little better. :rolleyes: that should have been deleted. i think i was trying to remember what i wrote in my original post after i got vaked, and i ended up leaving in that verbal diahrea.

finchrock24:

i would like to order a 14mm, and an 18mm vapobowl. fyi, i live in canada. do you think it would be better to send them in a box?

edit: just to be clear, i would like both sizes to be glass vapobowls! there are pics of both sizes on this link:

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products/en/vaporizer-sets/vapo-bowl-water-filter.html

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom