Filtered 'bowl' vapes

jay253

the very tip part is steel.. the top im not sure the lower part and the metal bowl are soft aluminum and bends real easy but i am only concerned with the heat filter as i was inhaling smoke from it ,i torched the whole thing till glowing red when it had bubbled up, then i sanded it today and tried it.. seems to work the same and tastes better ive found that running the torch across the top tip thing works better then sucking or pointing the flame into it, i haven't removed the screen and i think its ok cause i torched the heck out of it too. i got a health stone glass bowl too and i use it as a vape by adding a screen inside it ,it's touchy to use but has a real clean flavor, you can read my review in the H.S. thread, these are over priced at 80 to 95 dollers but the glass is thick and ive dropped mine allot already, Also i tried to find a old style steel pipe for the metal VB at my local shop and they where all aluminum now probably made in korea i wish i would of saved mine when i first quit smokeing... i found a bowl from a cheap acrylic bong and it didn't smoke or have any finish on it vb should had left it a dull finish cause the upper area of the lower part gets hot enough to give of fumes from the chrome, im surprised the chrome stuff smokes and burns so easy you can place the vb on a stove burner on high for a while also to make sure everything's burned off. i think this is still the best pocket vape out right now some people don't have enough patience with my vapor genie this is easier to use for newbs

jay253,
I'm still a little dubious, I'd love to see pictured. When you say that you heated it to red hot, were you just utterly torching the thing for 10 minutes?

While on the topic, since you seem to have both the metal and glass vapobowl, are the heat-diffuser portions identical?

charliedontsurf,

OO

Technical Skeptical
jay253 said:
the very tip part is steel.. the top im not sure the lower part and the metal bowl are soft aluminum and bends real easy but i am only concerned with the heat filter as i was inhaling smoke from it ,i torched the whole thing till glowing red when it had bubbled up, then i sanded it today and tried it.. seems to work the same and tastes better ive found that running the torch across the top tip thing works better then sucking or pointing the flame into it, i haven't removed the screen and i think its ok cause i torched the heck out of it too. i got a health stone glass bowl too and i use it as a vape by adding a screen inside it ,it's touchy to use but has a real clean flavor, you can read my review in the H.S. thread, these are over priced at 80 to 95 dollers but the glass is thick and ive dropped mine allot already, Also i tried to find a old style steel pipe for the metal VB at my local shop and they where all aluminum now probably made in korea i wish i would of saved mine when i first quit smokeing... i found a bowl from a cheap acrylic bong and it didn't smoke or have any finish on it vb should had left it a dull finish cause the upper area of the lower part gets hot enough to give of fumes from the chrome, im surprised the chrome stuff smokes and burns so easy you can place the vb on a stove burner on high for a while also to make sure everything's burned off. i think this is still the best pocket vape out right now some people don't have enough patience with my vapor genie this is easier to use for newbs
your problem is that you got it too hot, you need to experiment more, instead of melting the metal itself.
it is steel, if you have any doubts, try using a magnet.

if you get herb too close to hot metal, you will combust.

OO,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
ive been plaving around with the vapo bowl and glass vg with a torch lighter. the metal top/diffuser of the vapo bowl on the glass vg produces ok vapor. not very thick. but, if you put the the vapo bowl and the metal top on the glass vg pipe it will produce nice milky hits that equal the glass vg top/filter. i guess those ice pinches help produce the vapor in the vapo bowl. i prefer the glass vg top because it cools down fast. i can remove the top and stir the bowl within a few seconds after heating up. the metal vapo bowl top is very hot and takes ALOT longer to cool down.

pinoy,
I too will soon have a glass VG (and its top, of course) with which to experiment with. It'll be interesting to see how they compare.

Also looking forward to using the Glass VG top with my Magickwand bowls.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

I've lost the believe in VG top after I discovered soot and carbon material released from the filter.
meanwhile Glass vapo-bowl is growing on me and it is good complement to a glass bong. Here are some related media, now excuse me the ice is melting and my vapemate waiting :)

sorry for dark environment in the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBNh7D569A

Bananiq,

Bananiq

Thank you, I've managed to get dense vapor after longer-time of heating. For me, circular breathing works best, since I tried to inhale just with my mouth. Its good for pre-heating and when I see more vapor being released from the bowl I start to inhale with lungs. It's good to milk the bong and then let your friend to empty it :p I recall I got pretty high just from 1 inhaled content of bong.
Charlie how goes your comparison of vapo-bowl and Glass VG?

Bananiq,
Glass vapobowl is likely more efficient, has equal flavor, and roughly the same learning curve.

The glass VG, with proper usage, will never get too hot to handle, which is a great advantage when out and about. Tweezers are unnecessary. The top filter portion can be used in any number of bowls and used with a bong or other type piece, which works very well, but is again generally less efficient than the vapobowl's top.

I've had the glass VG for like 2 weeks only. A big thanks to Texasrobert for hooking it up, I enjoy my glass VG quite a bit.

Eh, while I'm editing, I might note that BOTH vaporizers require a sizable learning curve for the average user. You may be forced to fill the tube for friends and girlfriends who are unable or unwilling not to scorch bowls.

Anyone using lighter based or overly-hot vaporizers knows that just one person going overkill reduces a bowl which would of been 12 to 15 hits into a measly, unsatisfying and assy 3. To prevent this, you sometimes just have to fill tubes. This is one thing I like about my Magickwand, it's completely, utterly idiot proof, as long as the temperature is set correctly.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

Well that are pretty much same opinions as mine. I know it is weird to compare electric vs flame-powered vape but how would u compare your magicwand to Glass VG and Glass Vapo-Bowl in terms of taste and efficiency?

Bananiq,
Well, I'd say they're all about equal in effectiveness and taste. As long as you use very high quality butane such as Vector and also a high quality jet torch, you won't detect discernible off flavors. A careful, gentle hit on the glass VG or the Glass Vapobowl is every bit as tasty as one taken off the Magickwand. I was using the Magickwand almost exclusively for a few weeks, but the Glass VG has definitely cut into that, maybe like 60% MW and 40% GVG. The GVG is alot more convenient while lying in bed than the other two, for instance.

Honestly, when I consider, I think the GVG and GVB generally provide a denser, more instantaneous hit than the magickwand. And the GVB probably provides a denser one than the GVG. This is not necessarily a bad thing. The MW can give you this bizarre kind of infini-hit where you can just completely fill your entire lung capacity with nice vapor without risking a browned or blackened bowl, which is a risk with the other two.

charliedontsurf,

MG23

Relaxin'
Is there any place to buy a Glass Vapobowl that is in the US or ships to the US without a huge shipping fee?
I'd really like one of these but I don't want to pay as much for shipping as I do for the bowl itself.

MG23,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
MattyGTwenty3 said:
Is there any place to buy a Glass Vapobowl that is in the US or ships to the US without a huge shipping fee?
I'd really like one of these but I don't want to pay as much for shipping as I do for the bowl itself.

Sorry to say...but no there is not. They are kind of a pain to get...if you read back a few pages you can see my fiasco with a retailer. Took like 1.5 months to get my Vapo Bowls after I paid. Maybe it was a fluke experience...if you order please let us know how it goes.

finchrock24,
Not one US or Canadian retailer carries it, I've tried turning a few retailers onto it but so far, no dice.

Avalonmagicplants has served me well twice now. I think even with shipping my VB ended up being all of like 31 dollars.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

Wow, You said GVB has same taste and provides denser hits than Magickwand and GVG also? Interesting,
But I would say GVG with HD Vape is superior to GVB tastewise. Well to my misfortune I smeared my GVB top with some plastic matter which I couldnt removed. So I heated it red-hot and look what happened:

Haha,, well at least I was able to heat every part separately and clean it afterwards.. The chrome finish is gone. My star-shaped metal plate is bowed outside a little because of improved airflow. If u managed to get apart your metal top as I did, dont forget to heat only the very top part with the inserted star-plate (to stretch it out a little) and then insert the O-ring part. Because otherwise u wouldnt be able to assemble it again.

Was just using the MW, and without doing a direct comparison in the moment, I'd say it's only slight , especially if you place your hand over the end of the MW.

Thanks for posting that picture! We finally get to see this thing's guts. Good to see it doesn't look toooo bad in there. I hope you don't mind, I put your image in the first post of the thread - if this isn't cool please PM me and I'll take it down right away.

charliedontsurf,

Bananiq

What does the placing your hand over the end of the MW particularly?
Hehe I love how vaporizer producers placed either in US or Europe are affecting the particular community. F. example there are much more VHW, VG, PD users in US and herborizer, magicwand, glass-vapo bowl in Europe.

Bananiq,

MG23

Relaxin'
Bananiq said:
What does the placing your hand over the end of the MW particularly?
It cuts out a ton of air flow and makes the hits exponentially thicker (thicker doesn't necessarily = better).
I always plug it with my index finger now when I want to completely milk my 250.

MG23,

Sensi Star

So since my bong has a standard 9.5mm downstem, I did some research on converters.

The converter in the picture (18.8 ---> 9.5) would allow me to use the 18.8mm Vapobowl with my bong.

My only concern is whether or not I'm going to have airflow problems due to huge differences in diameter that the air has to pass through. Does anyone foresee any problems, such as having to inhale with increased effort or an unsteady rate of airflow?

g_ddLA3UYWfj9JLm7.jpg

Sensi Star,

OO

Technical Skeptical
Sensi Star said:
So since my bong has a standard 9.5mm downstem, I did some research on converters.

The converter in the picture (18.8 ---> 9.5) would allow me to use the 18.8mm Vapobowl with my bong.

My only concern is whether or not I'm going to have airflow problems due to huge differences in diameter that the air has to pass through. Does anyone foresee any problems, such as having to inhale with increased effort or an unsteady rate of airflow?

http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/143/572/159/g_ddLA3UYWfj9JLm7.jpg
the drawback will be that the seal isn't as good as a ground glass connection.

the benefit is that you have a bowl with a screen that will actually stay in place without any difficulty, but if you do it this way, the herb will be much further from the heating surface, which means you will need to apply a bit more heat, but it should still be less than what it takes to power the supreme.

OO,
It wouldn't, I believe there is a misunderstanding.

I have used my Vapobowl with the the adapter supplied by Hipi with the Magickwand, it's virtually identical to yours and has little to any effect on air current, suction or performance. Cheers.

charliedontsurf,

OO

Technical Skeptical
when i said "in this way" i meant the screen wouldn't be on the glass vapobowl, but on the adapter itself, which would make the herb further from the heating source.

OO,

Sensi Star

^I'm not following your logic. The adapter in the picture is going to be inserted into my original downstem. After this is done, the adapter BECOMES my new downstem. (You don't place a screen or herb into the downstem) It's function is simply to hold the Vapobowl.

Then, the Vapobowl is placed into the new downstem (adapter), nothing else changes. The screen on the Vapobowl is still going to be where it should be (under the metal cap).

Sensi Star,
Top Bottom