Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckdenton

DeepFried said:
why doesn't chronicvapeshop start an official better days thread and start posting there? File this thread in the archives.
because it will just get moved here...

Mckdenton,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
jason 909 said:
gotta better days on saturday this vaporizer works great like the added screen. went to his shop to check it out guy ended up making me a costum vaporizer. got to try out his power cord. that things awsome gave some awsome rips. going have to get one those when he starts selling those things. if i can i'll put some pics of my vape for you check out.
I dont want to wave the bullshit flag too early, but damn if your first (and only) post seems to follow the poor grammar and typos that the TS is notorious for.

Just sayin...

AGBeer,

gim

(Thread Starter) probably.. more often called the OP (orig poster).

I do think the best thing would just be for the creator to come clean and start fresh. As I said before, if the product is sound it will stand for itself. Obviously all this drama is no good for anyone.

If the mods see this I can help look into the matter via access logs if they want.

gim,

Willeh

I would never consider buying this. Even if it functions almost the same as the thing you ripped off, you absolutely don't deserve any money off doing this. You started this thread and made a few accounts pretending to be people, you openly admit to stealing his pandora kit design... all very shady. Screwing in the jack further and adding a half a cent screen somewhere isn't an improvement, so it isn't better in any way. You're not making yourself seem very bright, and I would not trust you to make my vaporizer...

Willeh,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
jason 909 said:
hey ag beer wtf is problem whos dick you sucking
:lol:

When did this conversation go to chuffing the pole?
Speaking of 'sucking dick' Im not the one who posted a 'review' for a shadester as my first and only post.
Im merely calling it like I see it.

AGBeer,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
ChronicVapeShop didn't read the rules before posting. Manufacturers and retailers are instructed to contact me before posting. He did not. Instead, he posted under the guise of a consumer. He then broke another rule by making second account and straight up lied to me when called out on it.

As has been said, Tom put the blueprints out in the wild with the Pandora kit and of course people are going to use them. I don't think we need to have a thread for everyone who decides to sell them.

Recessing the jack and adding a screen hardly qualify calling this guy "the creator". I've seen first hand the subtle production improvements on PDs over the last 2 years. It may be a simple design but there are a lot of little details. The notion that this rookie is making these better than Tom is laughable.

ChronicVapeShop has shown his lack of integrity and demonstrated that he's willing to use deceptive and dishonest tactics to make a buck. He disrespected this community and he's not going to benefit from it. On top of that he broke the rules. I can understand why those who got a free vape are willing to overlook these facts, but that doesn't change them.

vtac,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
please archive this stupid thread. It's been beat to a pulp already. Since Joe R. has finally changed the title of his listing, he's done what everyone set out to accomplish. There is no longer a need to keep bickering like a bunch of kids over it.

Welcome to the internet, everyone.

mattybass,

AreaFour20

ttomo said:
hi, i know i'm knew here, but i've been following a few threads for about half a year. i was hoping to find a nice friendly community for vapro enthusiasts.
i dont want to be involved in the bashing of this product, but felt the need to point out my observations on this thread:

- this is how sales on ebay are done. if you build a computer that is for gaming, many times you will see it listed as alienware in the title. this is only done to get the item found and grouped in with like products. this is a standard method of listing on ebay.

- not everyone has flawless business sense or practice. this thread actually makes me sad for tom and for joe.

- for tom, it seems most agree that it was a matter of time before the PD was duplicated by many
- for joe, he's one who did and modified it as he wanted to, now he's looking to make some $$ but is being bashed from the start. its going to be hard to rely on support from here after this.

- a reviewer of the product has had his review thrown into a bash thread, that doesnt seem right.

- this thread seems to be fueled by passion for the PD. i like seeing people so passionate about their product that they want to defend it and its owners. it says a lot about the PD.
the point i'd like to make is that that passion is a bias and its being used to push someone out of the market. it seems harsh.

there maybe some behind the scene info that readers aren't seeing, such as dialog between tom and joe.

i just want to say, if you keep in mind that his method of posting on ebay is considered normal, then i dont think a lot of the rest of this thread would be here. i hope im not stepping on toes or feelings, i dont want to be bashed either :p, but listing titles like that in ebay is standard.
It is not normal or legal to advertise an item on ebay and call it by another brand. It is fraud. This is not describing the item accurately and is cause to have your ebay account closed and for you to make restitution.

You can say Martin "Style" guitar but you can't say "Martin guitar" if it, in fact, is not the Martin brand guitar.

The earlier ebay listing for this vaporizer was indeed fraudulent as it made no mention about it being a copy or "made in the Purple Days style" or anything of that nature.

The ebay listing said only that it was a Purple Days Vaporizer. There were no questions posted yet about it's authenticity or that it was a knock off. I bought one feeling very fortunate to have found exactly what I was looking for. A Purple Days Vaporizer!

None of us can afford it, these days, to have any of our finances in limbo over a fraudulent item on ebay or anywhere else for that matter!

This is about the outright misrepresentation of a product listed on ebay and misrepresenting himself here until he was called on it by forum members.

No bashing intended.:cool: :peace:

AreaFour20,

jimbo

winterize
mattybass said:
please archive this stupid thread. It's been beat to a pulp already. Since Joe R. has finally changed the title of his listing, he's done what everyone set out to accomplish. There is no longer a need to keep bickering like a bunch of kids over it.

I second that motion! I reported this guy on ebay as others have but this thread is tiresome.

jimbo,

lwien

mattybass said:

Changing the title of his listing was only part of it, Matty. Read Vtac's post above. If archiving this thread means that Chronic and his vape never sees the light of day here at FC, than yes, I agree. Archive it along with any future threads regarding the ahhh, and I use this term loosely, Better Days. The maker is a fraud and so his vape. Neither deserve to be here.

And, Jimbo, if you feel that this thread is tiresome, there is an easy solution. Don't read it, for there are many other threads that I have no doubt, you won't find tiresome.

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Well, whatever happens to this thread, I hope that anyone googling ChronicVapeShop or ChronicVapeShop.com in the future stumbles upon this little saga. It would certainly turn me off from putting my cash in his hands.

indigal,

stinkmeaner

mattybass said:

I agree, the point is made and now it is just beating a dead horse! It seems like intelligent threads get overlooked, and any thread that mentions a Purple Days vaporizer amounts to be page after page of nothing.

While I agree that it is bad business to false advertise a product, some people are taking this too personal, some on this board behave like they are share holders in the Purple Days company, I am sure the owner appreciates your business but some of you people act like you are his childhood friend when in fact you are just a customer.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
..........when in fact you are just a customer.
The relationship goes beyond the typical business/customer relationship. Not childhood friends by any means, but there is a respect level that goes beyond the norm, and is one of the things that many of us experience when we deal with Tom and Pammy. Personally, I consider them friends, as I am sure, others here do as well.

lwien,

jimbo

winterize
And, Jimbo, if you feel that this thread is tiresome, there is an easy solution. Don't read it, for there are many other threads that I have no doubt, you won't find tiresome.
Ya, you're right, maybe i'll jump over to the WDZ thread ;)

jimbo,

Purple-Days

Do you really believe smokenjoe50, was the one that changed the title, :lol: and now deserves better treatment? :cool:

Do you think I haven't been tired of this bullshit since smokenjoe50 started this crap. You want the thread to die? Then let it be... but NOoooo... you (all) have to keep coming back here and starting it up again. If you need attention find a thread to be constructive in and let this bullshit die.

Why does this have anything to do with the PD at all? It has to do with ethics and what is right behavior on this forum and what is wrong behavior.

If this fellow showed up and found Silver Surfers on E-Bay for $135, ohhh but they weren't really Silver Surfers, they just, 'looked just like' the real thing, and he really wasn't a consumer, but the manufacturer who was hiding behind a dummy account, ohh and he starts calling it a Better Surfer, cause everybody tell him he's a butthole? Then shows no sense of responsibility for starting a shitstorm for everybody. I would be one of the first to jump his bullshit.

This has nothing to do with the PD or it's customers, though some of you sure seem to want to make it that. It's about un-ethical behavior. But talking ethics with some folks, such as Joe R., and others, is like trying to teach English to an ape, they have no point of reference. Now let it drop and it will go away. :2c:

Purple-Days,

spentskeeper

I feel guilty after reading this thread, I had no idea. I did however purchase the Better Days and I really like it. I new it was a copy but I didn't know it was ripped off from such a great guy. I just really needed a vape asap and the PD looked so good to me. I can't afford to return it and buy something else until the PD comes and then buy a PD. I can only afford one vape. In any case I didn't mean to hurt anybody, I am sorry.

spentskeeper,

Purple-Days

Hey it's no problem and I ain't no great guy. Just a regular fellow. Enjoy the product. It was made by somebody who learned from my instructions and had my parts as an example to follow. really if Joe had come around here in an honest way he would have received much better from this crowd and me too. All he needed to do was come clean, but he just couldn't.

Welcome to the forum, Spentskeeper. Lots of tips and tricks and knowledge around here.

Purple-Days,

NoSmoke

Just saw this on Ebay

"Up for sale is a new Better Days vaporizer modeled after the Purple Days with a fiew upgrades. These are made with cherry hard wood and 304 aircraft grade stainless steal heat exchanger. All electrical parts are lead free and rohs compliant. The Better Days comes with a 3 year warranty. Included with this sale is a wall adapter and 2 new vapor tubes. I am so sure you are going to love this vaporizer I am offering a 7 day refund if you are not happy. I only ask that you only use 1 of the vapor tubes. If you are not satisfied just send everything back in the same condition you received it in and I will refund you $135.00. $15.00 shipping is only for USA all others reply for shipping price."

I like how he says it has some "upgrades" over the PD, wow. Not very much creativity in the name or the wood selection, this ones really a rip-off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Better-Days-Vap...ultDomain_0&hash=item45f381fffc#ht_500wt_1154

NoSmoke,

NoSmoke

I just thought it was a funny sales pitch. Nothing I think anybody should get riled up over, just funny.

NoSmoke,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom