Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
jeffp said:
I have a good mind to ring his doorbell and run.
:lol: But first light a bag full of dog doo on fire and leave it on his doorstep. Then ring the bell and run.
Didn't know they did that in California. Thought that stunt was germane to NYC....

jeffp,

Purple-Days

Sweet . . . , I know just where to send it. Corona, CA ... :lol: Oh, lord haven't laughed this hard in a long while. Your the best Jeff. :lol: I wouldn't, of course, not even to Joe (that would be illegal*), but that was funny as Hell... Still snorting snot out. The picture alone was worth the link. :2c:

*BTW the USPS doesn't take well to illegal activities.

Purple-Days,

flouris

Greetings,

I'm new here and have been scouring the net to the best of my ability trying to find the perfect vaporizer. I'm pretty sure I've found it in the Purple Days but I contacted the makers and found out there is quite a wait time for this (possibly indefinitely?)

I went to eBay and did a search and pulled up this Better Days product, which I guess is the Pandora kit put together (but is that right? Better Days is about 20 dollars less than the Pandora kit? he spends all the time building it then sells it for a 20 dollar loss? What am I missing here?)

Anyway, despite everything I've gleaned from this thread, I'm still willing to go with the Better Days since it seems to be the closest thing to a Purple Days vape that you can buy. Has anyone here actually tried the Better Days product? He has 100% feedback so I can only presume he's not mailing out lemons. I'm fairly close to pulling the trigger on this but if anyone has any advice or suggestions feel free to let me know.

flouris,

Mckdenton

it is not the pandora. i have it, it stays plugged in at all time, she runs like a champ! i love it.

Mckdenton,

flouris

Thank you for the response. Have you also used a PD (I see it in your signature)? If so, how do the two compare?

flouris,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
flouris said:
Thank you for the response. Have you also used a PD (I see it in your signature)? If so, how do the two compare?
The "better days" works because it's a total rip off of the PD, however I don't know of any PD users who have bought or who would buy the "BD" - therefore there is no way to know if it provides the same sublime experience the PD gives. From what I understand the guy who makes these bought a PD and then took it apart and presumably duplicated - but we don't know anything about the integrity of the units; if there were any shortcuts in terms of build or materials. I know that Tom, the inventor of the PD, is in the process of revamping the way PDs are sold to eliminate the wait period.
I would keep checking vapenow to see availability and maybe get something different that you'll like to tide you over in the meantime. Just my two cents.

jeffp,

flouris

jeffp: Yeah, I really want an authentic PD but figured the BD would suffice until PD's were available again. I also share the concern about build quality, but seeing as those on here who have tried BD have said good things (as well as everyone who has ordered it from him on eBay and left 100% feedback) I'm of the assumption the build quality isn't going to be an issue with the BD.

I'd still jump at the opportunity to get a PD - but in the meantime, aside from the questionable promotional/advertising, is there any reason you would suggest another model over the BD?

flouris,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Yes, while you are waiting for the PD I would take a look at the Myrtlezap - it's another log style vape; there are some differences and some differences in philosophy among the two builders but they are both built and sold with honesty and integrity.

jeffp,

Purple-Days

We always suggest Silver Surfer Vaporizers made in USA for those that need a vape today. :cool: Available at our friend's VapeNow.com and other spots... ;) This gets ridiculous doesn't it? MODS? endless bumping and trivial sniveling banter? what a fucking joke... this isn't the forum it was, of course. :bowdown:

BTW did you check the feedback? NO? it wasn't about the BD, all that feedback was gathered to present a great image. Check the purchases. They were (up to now) feedback on altogether different purchases... mostly aviation related IMO. FAA type stuff bought BY Joe. :cool:

Sorry Jeff, didn't see your's before posting.

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The SSV is a great whip vape, very solidly built and you'll get monster hits from it.

jeffp,

flouris

Purple-Days: I guess I should've paid closer attention when reading this thread - I didn't put two and two together (I'm a bit out of it today). Thanks for clearing up the feedback thing. I'm a little torn on this, until I read....

jeffp said:
Yes, while you are waiting for the PD I would take a look at the Myrtlezap - it's another log style vape; there are some differences and some differences in philosophy among the two builders but they are both built and sold with honesty and integrity.
Yes! I haven't seen that Myrtlezap before but that looks like it'd be perfect, almost just like the PD, at least externally. I'm not sure what differences in philosophy the two makers have, but in terms of vapor quality and efficiency, would you say they (myrtlezap and PD) are both neck and neck or does one excel over the other?

Thanks again for helping me with these questions.

flouris,

indigal

Amongst the corn
flouris said:
I'd still jump at the opportunity to get a PD - but in the meantime, aside from the questionable promotional/advertising, is there any reason you would suggest another model over the BD?
Here's a reason: this guy making these, saying he will honor a three year warranty? Do you really believe him.. Considering he's sold maybe 6-7 units on Ebay, (they are not flying off the shelf to put it lightly :rolleyes:) and a couple of those were actual PDs that he bought just to copy them... Do you really put your trust and $$ into someone's hands that will likely not be there in a year or two, or do you stick with people & products that have an established reputation?

indigal,

flouris

Thank you all for the input. With everything you guys said, I decided to pass on the Better Days and instead I ordered a Myrtlezap just now. Can't wait! :D

flouris,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's my opinion that the PD is the best performing log vape currently available. You're also enjoying a solid warranty with a totally reputable builder and you'll be part of the "PD family" so to speak.
Think of it like ordering a custom Fender guitar. It's worth the wait and or the pursuit. But I'm just one person and there's alot of very informed people here that may offer other good suggestions. Even if the Better Days was identical the PD - and no one knows this for sure (and therefore very much like any Chinese rip off vape on Ebay) you want to deal with people who have a track record and a following. Spend some time going through the threads, it will pay off for you; you'll get an invaluable education right here. When I first started getting into vaping I wanted to learn as much as I could about it and what vaporizers were out there and what I should consider getting; I spent many hours looking at websites (this was before I knew about this forum) and even though most of the other websites were promotional sites sort of acting like information centers, I did learn a bit and ultimately my first vape was the Silver Surfer and it was a good decision.

If you want to brainstorm with people here in real time go to the chat room, and most importantly devote an afternoon to reading some of the threads of interest here and you'll make your own very informed decision that will no doubt match up to what you've been reading in these posts. Most of us here have a few vapes and all do certain things a little differently and they're used for different occasions. Also there's youtube videos that demonstrate every vape of interest, you should check those out too. But whatever you do, please don't buy the Better Days.

jeffp,

steiner666

Serial vapist
smokenjoe50 said:
Q: Is that the real deal purple days vaporizer you're selling? Is there a reason the price is so low? Is the product brand new? Do you have any extra pictures that show the logo on the unit? Also were these made by the purple days owner or by you with the pandora kit? I hope you don't mind all those question. I just want to be comfortable before I put down any money. Jun-09-10
A: These are better than the real deal. I started making these after I received my Pandora kit and realized how simple these are. I have added a few touches of my own like recessing the power jack and adding a screen so the tobacco does not fall into the vaporizer. I am also working on a new power supply that will allow you to adjust the temperature. The new power supply wont be available for another month but these make the best vaporizer even better and will be standard on my vaporizers with a little price increase. These are made with all the same parts as purple days most from the same suppliers. There is nothing to worry about I offer a money back guarantee. ChronicVapeShop.com is in the process of getting a web site up and will be selling it under the name better days. Thanks, Joe ChronicVapeShop.com
smokenjoe5
Joe Chronicvapeshop.com
lmao. deception failure. wish i would have checked out this thread sooner, funny shit.

steiner666,

flouris

jeffp said:
It's my opinion that the PD is the best performing log vape currently available. You're also enjoying a solid warranty with a totally reputable builder and you'll be part of the "PD family" so to speak.
Think of it like ordering a custom Fender guitar. It's worth the wait and or the pursuit. But I'm just one person and there's alot of very informed people here that may offer other good suggestions. Even if the Better Days was identical the PD - and no one knows this for sure (and therefore very much like any Chinese rip off vape on Ebay) you want to deal with people who have a track record and a following. Spend some time going through the threads, it will pay off for you; you'll get an invaluable education right here. When I first started getting into vaping I wanted to learn as much as I could about it and what vaporizers were out there and what I should consider getting; I spent many hours looking at websites (this was before I knew about this forum) and even though most of the other websites were promotional sites sort of acting like information centers, I did learn a bit and ultimately my first vape was the Silver Surfer and it was a good decision.

If you want to brainstorm with people here in real time go to the chat room, and most importantly devote an afternoon to reading some of the threads of interest here and you'll make your own very informed decision that will no doubt match up to what you've been reading in these posts. Most of us here have a few vapes and all do certain things a little differently and they're used for different occasions. Also there's youtube videos that demonstrate every vape of interest, you should check those out too. But whatever you do, please don't buy the Better Days.
Jeff, thanks for this post. I've known about vaporizing for as long as I can remember but have only recently become fascinated with the idea. I've still never used one, which is shocking even to me. Reading all these these threads on here as well as watching YouTube reviews has proven to be very informative. Definitely looking forward to learning more about all of these brands and testing out various vaporizers.

Thanks again! And yes, I'm glad I didn't go with Better Days. Something just seems "off" with the marketing/promotion angle.

flouris,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You're welcome. I think you'll find that the longer you linger at FC the more vaporizers you'll collect - it just seems to go hand in hand, and you'll end up with a few quality vaporizers.
Also alot of people really like the Magic Flight Launch Box, which is an inexpensive portable battery operated vape. I bought one used from a fellow on FC, got it today, I'll play around with it within a few days. Keep your eye on on the "sell your vape or accessories" thread in the "general" section. Some good bargains to be had... good luck.

jeffp,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
flouris, I think you will be very happy with your Zap. I own several and have been very pleased with all of them, as well as the service I've gotten from Rick, the maker. :)

momofthegoons,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Performance wise I dont think there are too many differences between the Zap and the PD. (Some will say so but I disagree)

For me, the decision came down to not only the wait time (this has been alleviated some by the PDP) but moreso of the 'design' based on the wood choices used. Personally, I LOVE the look of the Myrtlewood and that is what steered me towards my Zap. Initially the PD didnt have that option, but it seems that the PDP (and the PD when its available again) may in fact have this as a selectable choice.
Win/Win

AGBeer,

Mckdenton

flouris said:
I haven't noticed any differences between my PDP and BD.

1277426144101.gif

Mckdenton,

Purple-Days

Why would you? It's a fucking clone. :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He bought the Pandora with the sole purpose of duplicating our design. He even uses Buzz-Butter which he told me he needed for his woodworking hobby. So I sold him some in bulk. He even needed the specs on several parts which he couldn't figure out for himself. :rolleyes: Said he had ruined them while making the Pandora. :rolleyes:

Joe R. is a lying piece of shit. Read this thread and you will have no doubt.

Purple-Days,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom