Exotic Wood Blanks for Heirloom Quality Custom Log Vapes & Vapor Stems

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
New arrivals due in next week!

Hawaiian Curly Koa - The dimensions of this 3 piece set are two at 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" x 9-1/4" and one at 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" x 10-7/8". (Length can be cut for perfectly sized blanks for the HI and matching stems & wongs!!!).
Lz0moFP.jpg

Blond buckeye burl w/orange eyes - DIMENSIONS: 3" x 5-1/8" x 2 - (Perfect for the HI and Underdog w/extra left over for matching wongs & stems).
jugw2AM.jpg

Dimension: 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" x 7-3/4" - Buckeye Burl (Perfect size for the HI).
AEFCvj8.jpg

Dimension: 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" x 7-7/8" - Buckeye Burl (Perfect size for the HI)
AAnkpnV.jpg

DIMENSIONS: 2-1/4 x 6-1/2 x 2-1/8 - Silver Back Buckeye Burl (Perfect size for the HI & Underdog).
Ga51DHn.jpg

DIMENSIONS: 2-3/8" sq x 6-1/8 - Curly Spalted Redwood Burl (Perfect size for the HI & Underdog).
dxyOUMr.jpg

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
:mmmm:

God I can't wait to prove the concept to my friend. He's a master on the lathe, Going to use some of his scraps to start (He usually prefer's crotch's for their exotic grains, perfect for turning bowls). But I have a few spare parts around to build 1 or 2 DIY log vapes.

I hope by this time next year I'll be buying blanks off you to make some really exotic pieces!
:cheers:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Those are absolutely fantastic! I would love an e-Nano made with the Blond Buckeye w/ orange. I'm not even sure how to go about making that happen.

Beautiful pieces, @Snappo ! Makes me wish I was further up Alan's list. Tempted to buy now and hold onto the wood, but hoping you'll continue to acquire such lovely stuff.

@DieHard, I hear you man! Hopefully a workaround for these pieces and Andy's kiln dried wood requirement will blossom soon. I'd be all over having a new nano turned out of any of a few of these pieces. Also a little non-plus about no discount for supplying the blank yourself, but guess any headaches that could come from working unusual species kind of justify it.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Those are absolutely fantastic! I would love an e-Nano made with the Blond Buckeye w/ orange. I'm not even sure how to go about making that happen.
@DieHard - I have been working very hard many hours a day to find dependable suppliers for these exotic wood species. Negotiating cost and size so that they are affordable for everyone has been challenging to say the least, but so far so good!!! I am learning quickly that this is a very tough business - exotic woods, but I am also tough, and will fight hard for your wallets & aesthetic preferences. I will only get you the best of the best. Count on it!!! I am currently negotiating with a supplier to secure exceptional KILN DRIED blanks that are sized perfectly for the E-Nano, specifically required by Andy of Epicvape. Stay posted!!!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
@Snappo

I'm also far, far away from my next HI, but am considering buying a blank soon and holding onto it until then. Is there anything special I would need to do for storing these safely?

:wave:
@ EveryDayAmnesiac - I also have reserved my spot for at least one HI, and have my wood blank/s ready! In answer to your question ...you don't need to do anything special with your wood blank in preparation for a new HI. Alan will work his magic with just about any wood you desire, and it needn't be kiln dried due to the technical and heat retention/radiant properties of the HI design. Also know that the woods that I have are seasoned, which means that they are air dried for at least 1-5 years, with moisture content as low as 6% in some blanks! Now, that said, it is probably best anyway to keep your wood blank stored in a cool dry place while waiting for your email from Alan. That's what I'm doing;).

I also want to add to our posts today a quick quote from Alan (HI):

"@Snappo – Thanks for providing a source of very pretty wood. Having wood already sized for the 14mm and 18mm WonG tubes would save me some sawing time, plus you have more of a selection."

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-188#post-601651

Alan also adds:
"My WonG tubes work on PD, WZ, WW, and e-nano units."

And if you didn't already know, Alan is still the only one who makes glass tips for his wooden HI tubes. He also makes wooden stems for the MFLB that have air flow as good as using the box native.

Make your exotic wood stem blank selection from the above pictures and I can drop ship it to Alan directly to save you time and shipping cost>>> Taking orders NOW!!!:nod:

Ed's individually hand made custom wood stems extraordinaire!!!
TnpFNmK.jpg

EhtGP1a.jpg

Imagine yours!!!:love::drool::rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
@Snappo will any of these work for what we've been discussing?

Ga51DHn.jpg

jugw2AM.jpg

dxyOUMr.jpg
Hi @Caligula! As specified with each picture above, I have indicated that they are perfect for both the HI & Underdog, due to size and non kiln dry requirement. I am hoping to hear back from a supplier within the next few days about an order proposal I made for kiln dried Nano sized blanks. Perhaps, if anyone wishes, they might seek out a local kiln dry service in their area. I don't know what the cost would be to dry a single blank, but don't imagine that it would be too much. I have looked for one in my area, but haven't found one yet. Please see the Nano sized Buckeye Burl blank below, air dried to a very low moisture content. For your Nano it would have to be kilned.:)
Dimensions: 2 5/8" x 4" x 6 3/4" - Highly figured Buckeye Burl
$_57.JPG

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Do you make stands out of these blocks by any chance? I'd love something with a circular hole 6 inches in diameter and 1 inch deep inches deep to place my Arixer Extreme Q in when I am not using it, as well as a few 18mm holes to place stems, joints and accessories into. If you can do something like that it would be great, because these woods are just gorgeous!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Do you make stands out of these blocks by any chance? I'd love something with a circular hole 6 inches in diameter and 1 inch deep inches deep to place my Arixer Extreme Q in when I am not using it, as well as a few 18mm holes to place stems, joints and accessories into. If you can do something like that it would be great, because these woods are just gorgeous!
@Deja Vu - First of all, I love the statement right under your avatar: "Show compassion to animals".

To answer your question, I wouldn't be surprised if Ed's TnT @http://www.edstnt.com/ could fix you right up with what you need! I will invite him over to this thread to address your custom request. Check back here a little later today. Thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your accessory stand!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Thanks Snappo, very professional reply also! After checking out his website and taking in some of the magnificent work that you also do; it's opened my eyes to the vast world of passionate customisation in regards to people's vaporisers. It never really occurred to me exactly how committed the real enthusiast are, (and you'd think that it would 'click' after seeing the thousands upon thousands of professional glass blowers, accessory makers and websites committed to such things) but it was the true beauty of the wood that you provide that really brought it all together for me! Haha.
So thanks for that. Looks like I'm definitely an enthusiast now..
I'll await Ed's TnT to come over to this thread, and I will also stay posted on this thread's development :) Thank you again!

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Thanks Snappo, very professional reply also! After checking out his website and taking in some of the magnificent work that you also do; it's opened my eyes to the vast world of passionate customisation in regards to people's vaporisers. It never really occurred to me exactly how committed the real enthusiast are, (and you'd think that it would 'click' after seeing the thousands upon thousands of professional glass blowers, accessory makers and websites committed to such things) but it was the true beauty of the wood that you provide that really brought it all together for me! Haha.
So thanks for that. Looks like I'm definitely an enthusiast now..
I'll await Ed's TnT to come over to this thread, and I will also stay posted on this thread's development :) Thank you again!
@Deja Vu - You are quite welcome! Ed is great to work with! He is a master with all things wood! BTW: see the picture below of an accessory stand that I will be providing FC members through this thread. Different variations/configurations/sizes can be made to order. I also plan to provide Plano cases like the ones you can see tucked away in the accessory stand. Theye are extremely heavy-duty and o-ringed for water proofing and odor control. They are GREAT for storing stems, wongs, gongs, screens, adapters, J-hooks, etc. Stay tuned!!!
yF7M1Pw.jpg

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Something like that would be right up my alley! I would of course have to sketch up an image of exactly what I am after; but it definitely looks like a high quality storage solution. Just to give me an idea, (and of course what I have in mind is much smaller than the one in your photo) what is an approximate cost for something like that?

Plano cases for the vape & accessories would be perfect for storage as well :) I look forward to those being up for grabs.

Radio,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Something like that would be right up my alley! I would of course have to sketch up an image of exactly what I am after; but it definitely looks like a high quality storage solution. Just to give me an idea, (and of course what I have in mind is much smaller than the one in your photo) what is an approximate cost for something like that?

Plano cases for the vape & accessories would be perfect for storage as well :) I look forward to those being up for grabs.
Stay tuned - pricing and availability will soon be determined! ;)

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Very good news, thank you. I found a few things for the Extreme Q that are set up for the stock-standard parts, but I have many extra elbow joints and different length tubing so these would not suffice. I'm definitely looking forward to these cases being made available because nobody else really makes custom ones :)
(This one is great, but wouldn't fit my requirements :( )
*edit* removed the image due to it conflicting with the interests of the seller :) his storage solution is better anyway

Last edited:
Radio,
Reactions: Snappo

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Snappo

Nice idea on the stands! I've been thinking about how I want to hold/store all my 18 and 14mm adapters (male and females, angled adapters, cliesen, etc), and now all my (hopefully soon) nano glass pieces.

Don't really need anything to hold my bubblers, but something for the accessory glass pieces would be sweet

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Very good news, thank you. I found a few things for the Extreme Q that are set up for the stock-standard parts, but I have many extra elbow joints and different length tubing so these would not suffice. I'm definitely looking forward to these cases being made available because nobody else really makes custom ones :)
(This one is great, but wouldn't fit my requirements :( )
arizer-extreme-q-custom-carry-case-cooler-box-5.jpg
Here is a sample of the Plano cases I very highly recommend (very well made & secure!) and hope to be soon able to provide my fellow FC members at a great price, in addition to custom wood vape & accessory stations like the one pictured above!
6exwOm6.jpg

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Here is a sample of the Plano cases I very highly recommend and hope to be soon able to provide my fellow FC members, in addition to custom wood vape & accessory stations like the one pictured above!
6exwOm6.jpg
Looks awesome!

Radio,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I had a few things pressing this morning that had to be taken care of or I would have stopped by earlier. Thanks for all the kind words @Snappo , I appreciate them. I have let the wood bug get a hold of me lately and I have so much going on in my head. I am watching woodworking videos and reading about various techniques, its fun learning new stuff and trying new things is even more exciting.

@Deja Vu I thank you for having a look at my work and taking the time to do so. I may could do ya something like you are asking as far as a stand. I would have to give it a little thought to see it in my head. I did just make a few accessories for the EQ over the last week or so. Pls have a look and get with me and lets talk about your request if you like.

ExtremeQ8_zps926dd3d0.jpg

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Good morning, I had a few things pressing this morning that had to be taken care of or I would have stopped by earlier. Thanks for all the kind words @Snappo , I appreciate them. I have let the wood bug get a hold of me lately and I have so much going on in my head. I am watching woodworking videos and reading about various techniques, its fun learning new stuff and trying new things is even more exciting.

@Deja Vu I thank you for having a look at my work and taking the time to do so. I may could do ya something like you are asking as far as a stand. I would have to give it a little thought to see it in my head. I did just make a few accessories for the EQ over the last week or so. Pls have a look and get with me and lets talk about your request if you like.

ExtremeQ8_zps926dd3d0.jpg
Thanks for the reply, & talk about a bad-ass mouthpiece! Impressive craftsmanship!
I'll have a think over the next day or so and sketch up what I have in mind and we can go from there :)

EveryDayAmnesiac

All right, boys and girls...

Y'all better get off your butts and move when you see one of these babies that you like... because THIS little piece of perfection (looks like Guillermo del Toro artwork) is now spoken for:

Dimensions: 2 5/8" x 4" x 6 3/4" - Highly figured Buckeye Burl
$_57.JPG

Yep! Claimed by this whiny little pipsqueak of a member squawking at you right now! :ko:

There's really only one thing left to say:

... Yeah, I don't really know what that's supposed to mean. :lol:

EDIT: Should have added that Snappo was an absolute pleasure to buy from and it is plainly obvious he has put a lot of time and effort into this endeavor which will benefit all of us. Kudos! :tup:

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Here is a sample of the Plano cases I very highly recommend (very well made & secure!) and hope to be soon able to provide my fellow FC members at a great price, in addition to custom wood vape & accessory stations like the one pictured above!
6exwOm6.jpg

Do these come in... Not clear?

Last edited:
Top Bottom