The Epicvape Cherry wood
Vaporizer and Diffuser
$179.99

The Epicvape Black Walnut
Vaporizer and Diffuser
Intro Price:
$189.95

Which is a new update

I noticed that on the site myself, but in the first post of this thread, Ace of Vape lists an FC discount in the post...it doesnt say what the discount is, and I don't recall anyone mentioning it here...

ACE OF VAPE said:
- Exclusive Discount for FC members.

I was planning on getting the HA as my next vape, but I have been leaning more towards whip mode than bag mode recently...and I've really been liking the way the EV sounds! That and I have a new inline tube on the way...So, I think the EV will be my next purchase.

Purpl3_Haz3,

559stonerr

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
gvape said:
I see on epicvapes website it says:

The Epicvape Cherry wood
Vaporizer and Diffuser
$179.99

The Epicvape Black Walnut
Vaporizer and Diffuser
Intro Price:
$189.95

Which is a new update

I noticed that on the site myself, but in the first post of this thread, Ace of Vape lists an FC discount in the post...it doesnt say what the discount is, and I don't recall anyone mentioning it here...

ACE OF VAPE said:
- Exclusive Discount for FC members.

I was planning on getting the HA as my next vape, but I have been leaning more towards whip mode than bag mode recently...and I've really been liking the way the EV sounds! That and I have a new inline tube on the way...So, I think the EV will be my next purchase.

you wont regret it. :lol: :brow:

559stonerr,

mlo4sho

I'm interested in seeing how this vape would work with a bong or bubbler. Looks like a great unit so far.

mlo4sho,

gvape

I agree. Bags are fun at first, but they get old to me. The only time I really ever use my Volcano now is when there is a few people. Plus my two favorite things combined... glass and vape :) I just love seeing it milk up and getting such a smooth flavorful hit. You will not be disappointed using the Epic to do this. If Andy offers some sort of adapter/you find someone to make your a male to male connector I think it would be amazing for an all glass air path. Plus as I have mentioned a LSV wand would make this a great versatile vape.

*EDIT*

mlo4sho said:
I'm interested in seeing how this vape would work with a bong or bubbler. Looks like a great unit so far.

I will try and figure out how to do a video. Would love to show the itza off with it :lol:

gvape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
A few very good reviews. Thanks for the videos too fellas, looking forward to review myself. I will be sure to test the LSV transfer wand right away, as that seems to be a concern. Seems users are really liking it so far, even enough to ditch other vapes in favor of the EV1.

IAmKrazy2,

Twanbiz

Hi. I have had the ev-1 for a while now. It is really a nice vape. Here is what I think could be changed: 1. Change the hole where the cord comes out of the vape, as people have said it is a little unprotected. 2. Allow the option of a glass stem piece, a glass wand would be amaZing in this vape. The silicone hose works along with the el-bowl, but the inner screens get a little too clogged and need cleaning often. 3. Change the lamp cord to some kind of dial/switch. All this being said i love the boost mode, and do not mind the whip as I had the vaportech for a while. It heats up quickly and the boost mode gets you some nice milky hits, and the product will be fully vaporized. If we have to go with a hose I liked the hosing that came with the vaportech. I think we need some kind of a different screen as well. I recommend this vape to anyone who likes great taste and large rips, and it should attach easily to a
waterpipe.

Twanbiz,

Nosferatu

I also agree we need a glass stem, I really want to utilize the all glass vapor path.

Nosferatu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I see no reason the LSV transfer woul not work but to be on the safe side, wait till I get a chance to test it in action. It will be something I will likely try my first day with the vape, but currently still waiting. More to come... hopefully soon.

IAmKrazy2,

gvape

IAmKrazy2 said:
I see no reason the LSV transfer woul not work but to be on the safe side, wait till I get a chance to test it in action. It will be something I will likely try my first day with the vape, but currently still waiting. More to come... hopefully soon.

How come you have been waiting so damn long for your vape? I am gettign really anxious trying to wait for you to try the LSV wand. I really want to use something like this with the vape.

Ok, so my first really big downside to the Epic so far... I combusted with it.

Last night I packed a bowl, took about 3 hits off it and then decided to turn it on boost. I was taking a nie slow drag and BOOM. Straight up combustion MILKY hit left me gasping for air with the absolute worst flavor. Its been so long since I combusted and ugh, what a horrible taste a bowl of ABV combusting... I got the worst headache. So to some who are weary... I dont know what the deal was, but I combusted with my Epic and DID NOT LIKE IT!!! Right after that I loaded up a bowl of some bubble hash and let that boost mode do its job. Still really sad to see that boost mode combusted. Makes me like this vape a little less :(

Also, now my tubing smells like a horses ass... Combustion in tubing just does not go well.... Hopefully after I clean it it smells and doesnt taste horrible. Either way I still got a picture of my itza hooked up to the Epic and to show how dirty my elbow piece got before my first cleaning. I am almost to the point where I need to clean it again. The elbow gets dirty pretty quick.

gvape,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
gvape said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

How come you have been waiting so damn long for your vape? I am gettign really anxious trying to wait for you to try the LSV wand. I really want to use something like this with the vape.

Last night I packed a bowl, took about 3 hits off it and then decided to turn it on boost. I was taking a nie slow drag and BOOM. Straight up combustion MILKY hit left me gasping for air with the absolute worst flavor. Its been so long since I combusted and ugh, what a horrible taste a bowl of ABV combusting... I got the worst headache. So to some who are weary... I dont know what the deal was, but I combusted with my Epic and DID NOT LIKE IT!!! Right after that I loaded up a bowl of some bubble hash and let that boost mode do its job. Still really sad to see that boost mode combusted. Makes me like this vape a little less :(

Also, now my tubing smells like a horses ass... Combustion in tubing just does not go well.... Hopefully after I clean it it smells and doesnt taste horrible. Either way I still got a picture of my itza hooked up to the Epic and to show how dirty my elbow piece got before my first cleaning. I am almost to the point where I need to clean it again. The elbow gets dirty pretty quick.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1527/img0593y.th.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5262/img0594b.th.jpg

Was your herb packed between the two screens inside ofte elbow? Because I read someone in this thread put theyre herb between the heating element and the bottom screen...I don't believe that they combusted when doing so...

Had your herb sat with it on boost for a minute or two before you inhaled?

Purpl3_Haz3,

gvape

Nope... I had put it in between the screen. I have been using this for a while now and never had this happen. I know how to pack it correct. I take the elbowl off after every hit and only place it back on when I am ready to take a hit. I wait a few seconds before taking a hit to make sure it warms back up. I start with a slow inhale until I see some vapor start forming and then I start to increase my speed. It seems to hit better inhaling a bit faster than slower.... but for some reason this time I combusted.

gvape,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
gvape said:
Nope... I had put it in between the screen. I have been using this for a while now and never had this happen. I know how to pack it correct. I take the elbowl off after every hit and only place it back on when I am ready to take a hit. I wait a few seconds before taking a hit to make sure it warms back up. I start with a slow inhale until I see some vapor start forming and then I start to increase my speed. It seems to hit better inhaling a bit faster than slower.... but for some reason this time I combusted.

Alright, I didn't see who posted that to realize it was you...I'm on a cell phone...

Anyhow, don't think it's nessecerilly an issue so much as a fluke. I'm still planning on buying this when I can :brow:

Purpl3_Haz3,

Twanbiz

Yeah I leave it on boost the whole time I use it, pack large bowls and do not remove the elbowl the whole time. I have not seen the combust issue.

Twanbiz,

559stonerr

Twanbiz said:
Yeah I leave it on boost the whole time I use it, pack large bowls and do not remove the elbowl the whole time. I have not seen the combust issue.

same, yet to combust after 100+ bowls :lol:

559stonerr,

Gongvape

559stonerr said:
Twanbiz said:

same, yet to combust after 100+ bowls :lol:
Nice vid Twanbiz looking tasty!

^ 100 + bowls you lucky dog:p I'm looking forward to my first rip with the Cherry log I was hoping this week but maybe it'll be next.:brow:

Gongvape,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
gvape said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

Gvape, did you see a lit cherry in the bowl? Was the duff brown, black, or ash? Sounds like this boost will work great with bubble hash. Although, I would likely use the lsv transfer instead of standard tubing.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1527/img0593y.th.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5262/img0594b.th.jpg

I have been waiting a while, bu emailed Andy early on and told him to get units to the other beta testers first. I was in no hurry really, and assumed I would stil have a beta VXC in testing. I actually am stil waiting a bit for the vxc, and last I contacted andy he was waiting on his glas blower.

IAmKrazy2,

Nosferatu

I suggested to Andy to lower the boost temp a tiny bit, and introduce a third temp that is much higher for concentrates and getting this thing warmed up in less than 3 minutes. Because normal temp is good on this vape, but boost can cause bad taste or like someone said combustion. So if boost was just a little cooler I think between that temp and normal temp you could perfectly vape all bud. And a third temp so you can vape concentrates or other herbs like Salvia, but an obvious warning that it cannot be left on at this temp too long and that it might burn your bud. Because I feel that right now the chosen boost temp is somewhat off. I'd rather have it a little cooler so no possibilty of black spots, and then have a third temp for all the HIGH temp lovers.

Sounds like a ridiculous change maybe but if this vape had 3 temps it would dominate log and even variable temp whip vapes IMO.

Nosferatu,

Twanbiz

One more thing, this vape rips. If you want something like the iolite then don't use boost.

Twanbiz,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
would it be fair to compare the epic to a wooden v-tower with fixed/boost temp and tighter airflow?

Orestes,

Ennui Cookout

I've seen black spots a few times but I've yet to really get outright combustion. I do think boost might be a bit too high, but I can't imagine there being a setting higher than the current boost -- it already gets almost too hot to handle the unit comfortably as it is. That being said, I'm not 100% surprised to hear that someone has managed to combust material with the vape on boost.

This is still my daily vape over the others I have, I like its workflow too much to give it up, but the boost mode temp seems a bit too high and the normal temp just a smidge too low. Some adjustments would probably be in order.

Ennui Cookout,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sounds like mine should go out by Monday, really looking forward to trying this. Will try and report quickly with the use of the LSV transfer wand.

IAmKrazy2,

Ennui Cookout

Spoke too soon. Tonight while using it with friends during a movie night, the EV-1 decided that it would combust a bowl while on boost mode. The elbowl was placed in the unit briefly but apparently the unit had reached such a high temp that it was enough to roast it to a nice smokey hit, which was quite unpleasant. Haven't actually combusted a hit in quite a while. Ick. :X

Ennui Cookout,
Top Bottom