• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Epicvape EV-1/EV-2

Ennui Cookout

Had a great success putting this vape through the paces with a small gathering of friends tonight. Absolutely no one was disappointed with it and the friend who is most familiar with my collection and some whip boxes also seemed to concur it was the best of my collection. The smooth milky hits were particularly complimented and everyone felt they had their fill rather quickly, though they aren't daily users like myself .

'Even a fucking moron can work this thing' was the one comment from a friend I showed how to load and use it. That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for in a party vape and I don't feel too worried about the el-bowl getting shattered, even if poor gvape just had such an incident. There was one case where I did have to carefully remove the el-bowl from the unit because it had gotten stuck, but nothing that couldn't be managed.

Over the course of the week, the one thing I didn't quite enjoy was trying to vape a smallish load. If you go too small, even if you get some excellent hits I've found that I'll want to reload the bowl a bit too soon for it to have cooled down comfortably. Might be for the best to trust that larger chamber size, but I'll have to experiment more to see how many good hits I can pull based upon load size without being too wasteful.

Ennui Cookout,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Really looking forward to trying this one. Been using my LSV and will bust out the E this evening so I will have a good frame of reference for comparison. I'm getting anxious to try this one out.

IAmKrazy2,

collegerower

I know I am taking my time playing with this before I put up a full review, but I figured I could at least share some photos before my opinions.

Here is my unit:

Again:

The back:

Here you can see down to the resistor:

Here are the tubing ends. My mouthpiece is very simple. Also the little thimble screen fits over the end of the male joint so its contents wont spill out. Works very well.

Here is my unit compared to my Myrtlezap for size:

And here is one with a Bud Can for reference:

Full review to some soon!

:ninja:

collegerower,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Gongvape

Wow that Cherry unit does look sweet thanks a bunch Andy I'm more than ready and really looking forward to trying out that Cherry wood!

Thanks for putting all them pics collegerower. Nice to see the size comparison.. I didn't see the control to turn off standard boost mode is that on the unit itself or the cord?

Can some one verify that this is a 14mm fitting as gvape stated.? Edit: my bad I miss read gvapes post. I didn't think that was a 14mm bowl :rolleyes:

Gongvape,

gvape

Gongvape said:
Wow that Cherry unit does look sweet thanks a bunch Andy I'm more than ready and really looking forward to trying out that Cherry wood!

Thanks for putting all them pics collegerower. Nice to see the size comparison.. I didn't see the control to turn off standard boost mode is that on the unit itself or the cord?

Can some one verify that this is a 14mm fitting as gvape stated.?

Gongvape its NOT a 14mm, its 18mm. I broke my 14mm attachment to have whip to 14mm for my glass attachment. Now I just have to stick the tube in my glass. Also, the boost is a dial switch on the cord. Kinda lame in my opinion, which it actually had positions instead of fully rotating in a circle.

Collegegrower, is that the mouthpiece yours came with? I got a different one. Also your MZ is freaking awesome. Love the pattern of the wood.

Ennui Cookout, I completely agree about the small loads. I feel like there is no point in even doing them, because when I want to use this vape I want to get bigger clouds with fatter rips. That being said, as I said before you can still do your small load hits if you want, but for me, when I want to do that I am using my PD.

Still loving the vape though, works AMAZING for glass. I have not hit it dry since I got my new 11 perc micro itza. Also vaped through a mini PHX, and mobius nano. Going to try my leanback illadelph and a few more when I can take some pictures. It just gets so milky you cant see through :)

On a side note, my cord is starting to rub against the hole it comes out of in the wood and may start to damage it over time. I really think this cord needs to be rethought out or at least the hole it comes out of. I also made the mistake the other day of not turning it off and turning it on boost mode. Sat for a while on boost mode. Hope it didnt do any significant damage.

gvape,
The Cherry unit looks great! Get some spalted maple units and Ill be a proud EV1 owner! It sounds like the only complaint period is the cord, something easily fixed for the alphas.

Great pics Collegerower, but the malcontent in me has to say, F*** budweiser and f*** Inbev. Dont give those swine your money, they cut the legs out from under small breweries for a living, and they produce undrinkable shit beside.

charliedontsurf,

Gongvape

My bad gvape I miss read your post I see now haha silly me. Thats why I should Read twice :/
Great job on your review tho man this thing sounds pretty awesome.:peace:

Gongvape,

al bundy

Vaporist
gvape said:
Gongvape said:

Can some one verify that this is a 14mm fitting as gvape stated.?

Gongvape its NOT a 14mm, its 18mm. I broke my 14mm attachment to have whip to 14mm for my glass attachment. Now I just have to stick the tube in my glass. Also, the boost is a dial switch on the cord. Kinda lame in my opinion, which it actually had positions instead of fully rotating in a circle.

Collegegrower, is that the mouthpiece yours came with? I got a different one. Also your MZ is freaking awesome. Love the pattern of the wood.

Ennui Cookout, I completely agree about the small loads. I feel like there is no point in even doing them, because when I want to use this vape I want to get bigger clouds with fatter rips. That being said, as I said before you can still do your small load hits if you want, but for me, when I want to do that I am using my PD.

Still loving the vape though, works AMAZING for glass. I have not hit it dry since I got my new 11 perc micro itza. Also vaped through a mini PHX, and mobius nano. Going to try my leanback illadelph and a few more when I can take some pictures. It just gets so milky you cant see through :)

On a side note, my cord is starting to rub against the hole it comes out of in the wood and may start to damage it over time. I really think this cord needs to be rethought out or at least the hole it comes out of. I also made the mistake the other day of not turning it off and turning it on boost mode. Sat for a while on boost mode. Hope it didnt do any significant damage.

any heat from the hole?
should be able to address that with a grommet of some kind???

maybe some kind of silicone grommet ?
rubber? vinyl?
should be an easy fix.

al bundy,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a diagram of the EV-1 air-path. The grey vertical bars on the side represent the aluminum tube that houses the glass tube and heating chamber. Note: The proprietary all ceramic heating element is not shown but normally sits inside the glass tube.

ACE OF VAPE,

stinkbud

Oh, so that's what the thimble is. Yeah, I didn't get one of those or the auto inverter either. All that aside, i love this thing. I am a noob to vaping but I am getting used to it and getting very vaked in the process. The hits are great and very smooth. Getting started with glass on glass is great. I'm still debating between keeping this after the beta and ordering a myrtlezap " best deal" package. Gonna wait another week to decide.

stinkbud,

collegerower

Here is a photo of the switch that controls on/off/boost. It feels the same as a lamp switch.

2011-05-31_07-50-35_752.jpg

collegerower,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Always been a fan of Walnut. Much prefered over cherry. Collegerower, nice looking EV.

IAmKrazy2,

collegerower

Andy,

I will get on that asap. Work is crazy right now ( I am at work now and will be all weekend) but will get on this soon

collegerower,

Nosferatu

Ok just got my new Beta back so I will work on a review now maybe a video demonstrating from pack to finish.

Nosferatu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
ACE OF VAPE said:
Hey beta testers, where are the videos?

Andy@epicvape

I don't know how to edit or upload, but planning on making both a vxc and ev1 video

IAmKrazy2,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Just now noticed this thread....lol, but I am already very enthused as I just read the thread in it's entirety.

I have a question, and some input.

Input first, I say Silicone over pvc, vinyl, or anything really. My extreme q shipped with vinyl or pvc, and it tastes bad, and even worse at high temps. not to mention it is stiff, can cause your vape to knock over if not careful, etc...Yes, the silicone is very susceptible to picking up dust, cat hair, and any crap that it may touch, but that is a minor setback IMO. I usually just rinse it off after a session, if it happened to get dirty.

The question would be to anyone who currently has the EpicVape, as well as the newer model of the Extreme Q (v4.0 2011). I am curious as to how the performance, and efficiency of the EV is as opposed to the EQ. I love my eq, but I don't care for the look of it, or the bag feature so much any more. I love the look of log vapes, but they haven't ever seemed like they would suit my needs; bigger size hits, ability to load average to above average size loads, etc...but the EV seems like it might fit the needs...basically just want to know if anyone thinks that the EV will leave me wishing I was using the Q, in regards to hit size, taste, efficiency, etc.

sorry for the long post, thanks for any advice, and hats off to Ace of Vape for making what looks to be a kick ass vapo!

:peace:

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

gvape

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Just now noticed this thread....lol, but I am already very enthused as I just read the thread in it's entirety.

Input first, I say Silicone over pvc, vinyl, or anything really. My extreme q shipped with vinyl or pvc, and it tastes bad, and even worse at high temps. not to mention it is stiff, can cause your vape to knock over if not careful, etc...Yes, the silicone is very susceptible to picking up dust, cat hair, and any crap that it may touch, but that is a minor setback IMO. I usually just rinse it off after a session, if it happened to get dirty.

The question would be to anyone who currently has the EpicVape, as well as the newer model of the Extreme Q (v4.0 2011). I am curious as to how the performance, and efficiency of the EV is as opposed to the EQ. I love my eq, but I don't care for the look of it, or the bag feature so much any more. I love the look of log vapes, but they haven't ever seemed like they would suit my needs; bigger size hits, ability to load average to above average size loads, etc...but the EV seems like it might fit the needs...basically just want to know if anyone thinks that the EV will leave me wishing I was using the Q, in regards to hit size, taste, efficiency, etc.

sorry for the long post, thanks for any advice, and hats off to Ace of Vape for making what looks to be a kick ass vapo!

I too agree the silicone is a better choice as I hate how that taste stays in the tube with vinyl. The tubing I got with my Epic Vape was SUPER STICKY when I first got it, but now it doesnt seem to be AS bad. Still annoying to clean it off all the time, especially when I get animal hair all over it, but I do too agree its a better choice.

As far as comparing those two vapes I can say that I do have a Extreme, but the model before the Q, got it about 2-3 years ago; my first vape at the time. That being said, I dont know the difference in the newer models, but I can tell you my Extreme RARELY gets used. Its actually the least used vape of all my vapes. I got the vape to cover all grounds and it was great while I used it and really got a great amount of use out of it. Over the years I have gotten other vapes and have tried so many. My PD being my third vape (iolite was second) I have yet to find something I use or enjoy as much as that....... until now.

The Epic Vape I can say does stick out compared to any of my other vapes. I have an SSV as well and now that I have an Epic, Im considering selling my SSV as the Epic easily beats the SSV due to the ease of use and functionality. I can get my tasty hits on regular mode and my heated up to a otter but not combusting temp for boost mode. I am also able to hook this up to a water pipe with no problems with drag or speed of hit. Now one thing that use to really bug me about the extreme was I would always have to mix the bowl, and small amounts never really worked that great. After each hit with my epic to clear the tube I put up the EL-BOWL and shake. This mixes the material and you get thick, even, milky hits. I can also say that I have tried packing the bowl to the max with the Epic... Its intense you get these milky clouds that leave you coughing like you just combusted, yet all the flavor and greatness of vaping.

Honestly, when I look at these two vapes side by side, the only really advantage I see in getting the Extreme is the the fan and remote for assisted whip hits (which is more a gimic to me now then a use) and the bags. This to me isnt enough to be a selling point anymore after using so many vapes and learning what I like to use best. Lately the only vapes I have even been using are my PD (Perfect sized, flavorful hits), Epic Vape (tasty huge milky hits), and MFLB (portable). I do say that my average bowl for an Epic Vape is about .05, but a lot of my EL-Bowls have been closer to .1 or even .2 just for the sake that I dont have to keep repacking it and can take massive rips through my itza.

So all in all I would say sell your Extreme and look in to this. You can treat this like a PD or Extreme with the size of the bowls and hits. If you got any other questions let me know, Ill do my best to answer and not rant; its hard trying to go through my head with all my vapes and keep it short.

I feel like I forgot to say something I was going to, but I cant think of anything else I was gonna say. Oh well :lol:

gvape,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
gvape said:
Purpl3_Haz3 said:

I too agree the silicone is a better choice as I hate how that taste stays in the tube with vinyl. The tubing I got with my Epic Vape was SUPER STICKY when I first got it, but now it doesnt seem to be AS bad. Still annoying to clean it off all the time, especially when I get animal hair all over it, but I do too agree its a better choice.

As far as comparing those two vapes I can say that I do have a Extreme, but the model before the Q, got it about 2-3 years ago; my first vape at the time. That being said, I dont know the difference in the newer models, but I can tell you my Extreme RARELY gets used. Its actually the least used vape of all my vapes. I got the vape to cover all grounds and it was great while I used it and really got a great amount of use out of it. Over the years I have gotten other vapes and have tried so many. My PD being my third vape (iolite was second) I have yet to find something I use or enjoy as much as that....... until now.

The Epic Vape I can say does stick out compared to any of my other vapes. I have an SSV as well and now that I have an Epic, Im considering selling my SSV as the Epic easily beats the SSV due to the ease of use and functionality. I can get my tasty hits on regular mode and my heated up to a otter but not combusting temp for boost mode. I am also able to hook this up to a water pipe with no problems with drag or speed of hit. Now one thing that use to really bug me about the extreme was I would always have to mix the bowl, and small amounts never really worked that great. After each hit with my epic to clear the tube I put up the EL-BOWL and shake. This mixes the material and you get thick, even, milky hits. I can also say that I have tried packing the bowl to the max with the Epic... Its intense you get these milky clouds that leave you coughing like you just combusted, yet all the flavor and greatness of vaping.

Honestly, when I look at these two vapes side by side, the only really advantage I see in getting the Extreme is the the fan and remote for assisted whip hits (which is more a gimic to me now then a use) and the bags. This to me isnt enough to be a selling point anymore after using so many vapes and learning what I like to use best. Lately the only vapes I have even been using are my PD (Perfect sized, flavorful hits), Epic Vape (tasty huge milky hits), and MFLB (portable). I do say that my average bowl for an Epic Vape is about .05, but a lot of my EL-Bowls have been closer to .1 or even .2 just for the sake that I dont have to keep repacking it and can take massive rips through my itza.

So all in all I would say sell your Extreme and look in to this. You can treat this like a PD or Extreme with the size of the bowls and hits. If you got any other questions let me know, Ill do my best to answer and not rant; its hard trying to go through my head with all my vapes and keep it short.

I feel like I forgot to say something I was going to, but I cant think of anything else I was gonna say. Oh well :lol:

Just what I was looking for! thanks GVape! My final question is, do you miss the ability to select more than two temps? I like it with the q, but recently ive been using it at 210c almost all the time, a little lower for sativas, and only using 230c for couchlock. from yours and others descriptions, the boost seems to be acceptable for me as far as getting the high temp hits. I just wonder if the normal mode is low enough for the low temp hits that many med. users like myself rely on. I used to use my q to start (and even entire sessions) around 165-175c. I still do this on occasion, and dont want to loose out on it I guess.

That being said, I dont think it would be a deal breaker for me, just something I'd like a little perspective on. I think if I can sell my EQ, and/or LB, I would buy the EV....I didnt seem to catch what the FC special pricing was on the current production model, but I seem to recall 170~something USD?

Purpl3_Haz3,

stinkbud

I should mention...the tubing I got did not have the sticky feel yall are talking about. My unit went out after the first batch so apparently Andy was listening.

stinkbud,

gvape

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
Just what I was looking for! thanks GVape! My final question is, do you miss the ability to select more than two temps? I like it with the q, but recently ive been using it at 210c almost all the time, a little lower for sativas, and only using 230c for couchlock. from yours and others descriptions, the boost seems to be acceptable for me as far as getting the high temp hits. I just wonder if the normal mode is low enough for the low temp hits that many med. users like myself rely on. I used to use my q to start (and even entire sessions) around 165-175c. I still do this on occasion, and dont want to loose out on it I guess.

That being said, I dont think it would be a deal breaker for me, just something I'd like a little perspective on. I think if I can sell my EQ, and/or LB, I would buy the EV....I didnt seem to catch what the FC special pricing was on the current production model, but I seem to recall 170~something USD?

I do not miss it at all. As I said, with all my vapes I have I end up using my PD, Epic, and MFLB. Only reason the launch box is in it is because its portable, otherwise Im not the biggest fan of the hits. I think it takes a bit long to get to the right spot I want, still great vape, just I like bigger hits usually. My pd is my main vape just because its always on and one stem is perfect amount. But at night I really need the heavier hit and thats where I have been loving the Epic Vape; I get much bigger and heavier hits. But at the same time, I have already tested using my Epic with small amounts and it gets the job done. Additionally, I have tried vaping the ABV from the Epic in my PD and I can barely get much out it meaning they are pretty much dialed in on the same temp. Therefore you can use the epic like a PD or like an Extreme for a bigger whip style hit. But then again I dont use my Extreme much anymore just because I have grown on these so much more. I still think you get an amazing flavorful hits with the Epic so I really dont see hindering you losing out on a lower temp.

I want to see someone else review a LSV wand with the Epic before I go and buy a wand, but if it works as I assume it would, I could see myself using this even more. Another great feature if the quick warm up time. I plug it in and turn it on boost mode and by the time the bowl is loaded and water is replaced in the itza its ready to go. I could easily see this being my daily use if it had the wand and a GONG attachment for my water pipes. Again its really great that I can do the small and large amounts. I just think the PD servers myself so much better during the day with the small bowls.

Oh and I forgot to mention I tried some bubble hash in the EV on boost mode (didnt try it on the normal mode, just went straight to boost) and it got my some MILLLLLLLKKKKKKYYYYY TASSSSSTTTTTY hits. I cant describe how great it worked. I made sure to mix it after every hit and not take the biggest hits so that it didnt get stuck to the screen. Either way I did this about 4 or 5 El-Bowls and had some great fun with it that left me with some great nights sleep.

*EDIT* Good to hear stinkbud.

I see on epicvapes website it says:

The Epicvape Cherry wood
Vaporizer and Diffuser
$179.99

The Epicvape Black Walnut
Vaporizer and Diffuser
Intro Price:
$189.95

Which is a new update

gvape,
Top Bottom