Discontinued Epicvape EV-1/EV-2

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Looks great. The extra spots for herb and grinder storage ect I assume? I love wooden trays, and use two for my herb. Very nice package with the tray too.

IAmKrazy2,

Twanbiz

Hi, just an update from an original beta user. I have had it for a few months and can give some input on quality and sustainability. I used it on
boost all the time and had a combustion one time, it actually
cherried the elbowl, it was pretty crazy. Also my heating unit has become loose over time, I can actually lift out the metal part on the top and the glass element moves around freely. I am
not sure but maybe having it on boost when in use loosened up the heating element? I never left it on longer then 30 min at a time. I am waiting for the final product at this point.

Twanbiz,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Twainbiz,

Sorry about your beta issues. that's why we beta test. It is feedback and suggestions from beta testers such as yourself that have helped make a better product. I think you'll be pleased with the all the changes and improvements in the new models.

Andy#epicvape

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
biojuggernaut said:
what is the difference between the beta and the released version
That would depend on the beta version you are talking about. There was a complete redesign from the first beta units to the current model. The biggest change was in the way the glass down stem was attached. Originally it was gripped from the base, now it is secured from above. There have been numerous other improvements, including a new wood buffing technique that really highlights the beauty of the wood grain and still uses nothing but a natural buffing compound and wax.

What has not changed is my commitment to use solid pieces of sustainable hard woods, no laminates or glues, or plywood, no solder, no electronics, no lacquers or synthetics of any kind.

Andy@epicvape

ACE OF VAPE,

gvape

Twanbiz said:
Hi, just an update from an original beta user. I have had it for a few months and can give some input on quality and sustainability. I used it on
boost all the time and had a combustion one time, it actually
cherried the elbowl, it was pretty crazy. Also my heating unit has become loose over time, I can actually lift out the metal part on the top and the glass element moves around freely. I am
not sure but maybe having it on boost when in use loosened up the heating element? I never left it on longer then 30 min at a time. I am waiting for the final product at this point.

Funny you mention this today. I finally got my replacement tubing from Alan. Yes it did take 2-3 months to get it to me but it was free, so I cant complain too much about it. Although I do wish I got a E-Pik. Either way I would have not been able to use it so I guess it doesnt matter now, does it.

I was quite excited that I was finally going to get to use my unit again except when I took it out of my box I had it stored in the thing just fell apart just as you said how yours comes apart. The worst part about all of this is that I just watched the thing break right in front of me. It all happened in slow motion as I tried grabbing it but it just slipped right though my fingers and SMASH. Glass shattered everywhere!!!

*Sigh* I was so close to being able to use my Epic again. :/ Im not sure what to do now as I have a useless unit. Do the beta testers still get a final production unit? Any idea when we could expect to see something like this?

gvape,

wizzoh

Charlie
My EV-1 died today, mysteriously and without any physical cause. It seems as if a connection in the body of the vape has been lost, and the heating element no longer receives power.

Today is a dark day. With no vapor based backup, and no interest in returning to the realm of combustion. I'm left out in the cold.

I've just sent off an email to Andy about the issue, and hopefully it works out.

wizzoh,

gvape

wizzoh said:
My EV-1 died today, mysteriously and without any physical cause. It seems as if a connection in the body of the vape has been lost, and the heating element no longer receives power.

Today is a dark day. With no vapor based backup, and no interest in returning to the realm of combustion. I'm left out in the cold.

I've just sent off an email to Andy about the issue, and hopefully it works out.

I still have not heard back from Andy and its been 2 weeks for me without my Epic. Hopefully he can help us out soon. I really would like the unit working.

gvape,

wizzoh

Charlie
gvape said:
wizzoh said:

I still have not heard back from Andy and its been 2 weeks for me without my Epic. Hopefully he can help us out soon. I really would like the unit working.

The website has been updated considerably, including a phone number. I might give it a call during business hours tomorrow and see what comes of it.

Hopefully neither of us will need the luck, but good luck anyhow.

wizzoh,

collegerower

My epicvape broke on me last week. It seemed like the glass liner that surrounds the heating element broke somehow. When you turned the unit upside down you could see a glass against the screen. Sent Andy an email and got to quick response to send it back. Now I am waiting for my replacement unit. I will keep you posted when I hear back on the status.

collegerower,

wizzoh

Charlie
collegerower said:
My epicvape broke on me last week. It seemed like the glass liner that surrounds the heating element broke somehow. When you turned the unit upside down you could see a glass against the screen. Sent Andy an email and got to quick response to send it back. Now I am waiting for my replacement unit. I will keep you posted when I hear back on the status.

That's good to hear collegerower (I'm a college sailor myself, so here's to watersports.)

Which email address did you use to get in touch with him? There seem to be a fair number of them floating around between FC and the EV site.

wizzoh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Mine is still running strong with no issues, ripped a few Elbows yesterday, and probably will rip a few today in honor of all of the fallen EV-1's. RIP, you will be missed by those who loved you.

IAmKrazy2,

collegerower

I used the email address under his user name on this site: <epicvape@gmail.com>

I am also a sailor but my college was a D1 sailing team, and I didn't want to commit that much time to a sport. Plus, I doubt i could have made the team. Pretty tough..

Best of luck.

collegerower,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Hello Beta-buds,

I'm back, went to AGE, CHAMPS and Yosemite.
Yes there have been some issues with the beta units. That is the nature of the beast. That's why we beta test. Rest assured all of the issues will be addressed in the production units. I will replace any beta units that have any problems with newer beta units so there is no down-time for testers. I will then replace them again with production units when they become available. Please email me: epicvape@gmail.com

Thanks,

Andy

ACE OF VAPE,

wizzoh

Charlie
I've gone ahead and forwarded my last email to the more appropriate address, thanks Andy!

I sail in the Northwest district, so competition isn't fierce. I'm actually JV captain, which includes the role of training up those with little or no experience sailing into racers. We're a club-sport, cutting people would just be unheard of.

EDIT:

Just heard back from Andy, and was reminded why I chose the EV in the first place, his service is unbelievable. A new EV-1 should be in the mail in a few days as mine makes its way back.

wizzoh,

collegerower

I think Andy said it perfectly, this is why a company beta tests. The only way to find potential problems is to get the product out there and see what happens.

Looking forward to seeing how the new unit will run.

collegerower,

gvape

Andy thats really great of you, I appreciate customer service like that. I sent you another email just in case all the others I had sent were lost somehow. Hope to get things rolling soon with this as I have been without this for about 3 months now :( First the combustion in the whip and then the falling apart and shattering of the glass inside. What a sad time its been for me with the epic. This is one of my favorite vapes and I just cant wait to use it again!!!!

Also, any luck/idea on how/where I could get a Male to Male adapter so that I can do an all glass connection to my glass pieces. I think the Epic is a bit big for most of the smaller glass I have, but on some of the bigger pipes I feel that this thing would just milk amazing! Or if Alan doesnt know does anyone else know a glass blower that would make me it? Im sure someone on Etsy could, but I have not used the site since it died.

gvape,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
love the name of this vape, EPIC, & how it looks...planning on trying it as soon as its possible for me to do so...cant wait!

on the website, it says "sold out", though...

akwardsauce,

Ennui Cookout

Man, I'm rather missing this vape at the moment. Somehow during a move I had managed to lose the thimble cap for the elbowl. :uhoh: I sent an email a bit ago, but I figured I'd just ask here if there were plans for folks to order spare elbowls and caps? I somehow get the feeling I will lose another eventually and ordering a few might be rather nice as spares. I'd be more than happy to fill out a paypal invoice, if needed.

At the moment I have resorted to lesser gear and I'm currently playing with a new vape I bought at a local shop out of morbid curiosity. This is about as fun as an above-ground pool in comparison. :|

Ennui Cookout,

wizzoh

Charlie
Ennui Cookout said:
Man, I'm rather missing this vape at the moment. Somehow during a move I had managed to lose the thimble cap for the elbowl. :uhoh: I sent an email a bit ago, but I figured I'd just ask here if there were plans for folks to order spare elbowls and caps? I somehow get the feeling I will lose another eventually and ordering a few might be rather nice as spares. I'd be more than happy to fill out a paypal invoice, if needed.

At the moment I have resorted to lesser gear and I'm currently playing with a new vape I bought at a local shop out of morbid curiosity. This is about as fun as an above-ground pool in comparison. :|

That's a terrible shame, but have you tried loading the bowl without the screen and using the EV upside-down? Not quite as convenient, but it should keep the herb from falling too close to the element.

wizzoh,

Ennui Cookout

@IAmKrazy2 That's not a bad idea and I'll keep that in mind, but given I have to buy either I figure I'll try to obtain stock parts first. Thanks, though!

So far as using it upside-down, that'd work until I forget that the screen is missing. Which I am sure I would do at some point while using it. c.c

Ennui Cookout,

wizzoh

Charlie
That's why temporary measures are only temporary: doing things right is much better (and usually safer). Bending an oversized pipe screen into a bowl would fix the problem while you wait for shipping also, and could probably be had at a local headshop or hardware store.

wizzoh,
Top Bottom