Discontinued Epicvape EV-1/EV-2

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Wow, looks like your going to mass production, very cool.

I wanted to get toe up a couple hours ago, but didnt feel like messing with water or a big hassle. Stood up, plugged in the EV-1. Broke up a few grams of Master Kush and mixed it with a little Vortex i already had broke up, and just went to town with 4 or 5 overpacked bowls in a row. Wow, very ripped, much needed.

IAmKrazy2,

wizzoh

Charlie
Just put in an order after spending the bulk of my day researching what to invest in. This thread was what made my decision for me, made me join this forum, and purchase the EV. Not only are the responses from the users so fantastic, but the customer service displayed throughout the testing phase is honestly heartwarming.

Thank you to all of you.

wizzoh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wizzoh said:
Just put in an order after spending the bulk of my day researching what to invest in. This thread was what made my decision for me, made me join this forum, and purchase the EV. Not only are the responses from the users so fantastic, but the customer service displayed throughout the testing phase is honestly heartwarming.

Thank you to all of you.

Welcome to FC. Am I to assume this is your first vape? Think i said before, not a steep learning curve here, just have to wait a few for things to heat up. I hope my posts in this or any other thread were helpful for you to make the right decision on your vaporizer purchase. Hitting the EV-1 right now, some bedtime med's.

IAmKrazy2,

wizzoh

Charlie
IAmKrazy2 said:
wizzoh said:

Thank you to all of you.

Welcome to FC. Am I to assume this is your first vape? Think i said before, not a steep learning curve here, just have to wait a few for things to heat up. I hope my posts in this or any other thread were helpful for you to make the right decision on your vaporizer purchase. Hitting the EV-1 right now, some bedtime med's.

Yep, it'll be the first. I'm in the habit of researching things to death before making decisions, and before actually putting them into use, but from reading everybody's opinions here I feel fairly confident in managing with it. If time and patience is all I really need, I feel like I should be able to spare a bit of each. I'm laid up and can't work for a short spell, and have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

Your posts were certainly helpful, and this whole site seems like such a friendly and useful place, the sense of community here is fantastic.

wizzoh,

gvape

Pretty sad to see that after a month now and a few emails to Andy I am not getting any responses. I know things are busy with production, but he told me to email him and he would send a replacement hose and hopefully an e-pik. My epic has pretty much been sitting because of this the last month because I refuse to use the combusted tubing... well i threw it out it tasted so bad.

Hopefully I can get it replaced and get it back up and running again. I miss not being able to use such a good vape. Cant wait to see the rest of the final version and get an updated model with all the kinks worked out. Been a great vape to beta test when I was using and abusing it ;)

gvape,

mrfloopa

Vappy
gvape said:
I refuse to use the combusted tubing... well i threw it out it tasted so bad.

In all fairness, I would have gone with a really thorough attempt to clean it/not thrown it out until I got the replacement. :cool: It may be taking months because there are higher priority things going on, such as starting production and dealing with other issues than one person's bad tasting hose. :lol:

Edit: to fix faces.

mrfloopa,

wizzoh

Charlie
Received mine today, very prompt shipping. I couldn't possibly be more in love with it, or have enough glowing things to say about it. Still just learning, but learning happy.

Thanks!

wizzoh,

gvape

Indidmt just straight up throw it out. I tried cleaning it multiple times and the taste and smell would NOT go away. It really was unbearable. Plus Andy had emailed me from my post and said he would be getting me one right away. Therefore my hose that tastes horrid and was cleaned a few times was not useable I threw it away. I have 10 other vapes so it's not the end of the world that I didn't have mine working.

Anyways I'm happy with the product, just need Yo get that tube so I can start using it again. Andy sent me an emailed that he was shipping it. In no way am I looking down at the company. I understand everything is busy right now. :)

gvape,

stinkbud

After about a month or so with my EV-1, I am finished testing. I have used MJ and herbal incense blends (synthetics) and I can truthfully say that this is quite a vape. It gets hot very quick with boost mode. As long as you are careful not to leave it on boost for too long once it is heated up, you should be okay as far as combustion.

The only real issue I had with my unit is the glass end of the whip. Near the end of my experience with this vape, I really had a hard time removing the glass from the heating element. A sticky residue started to accumulate on the whip end glass and made it next top impossible to remove from the base. I was very scared at one point that I would shatter the whole thing. Granted, I never got a thimble screen cover for the whip and that is what could have contributed to this problem. I knew that either I would be exchanging the beta unit for a production model or I would send it back at the end of my beta testing. Another issue with my unit, as mentioned in this thread earlier, the hole in the base for the power cord is very narrow and sharp on the edge. It results in scratching the insulation of the cord. Over time this could result in exposed wires and all the issues that could bring.

I ended up sending my unit back. It went back last week and I am awaiting my refund. I notified Andy about 3 or 4 weeks ago that I would be returning it. He got back to me within 4 days or so and it took me a couple weeks to actually send the thing back. That was last week.

stinkbud,

wizzoh

Charlie
I've had my EV-1 for about a fortnight now, and I've been completely satisfied with it. It runs like a champion off of a simple little power inverter, and has performed admirably with both MJ and Salvia (which seems happiest on boost mode, and really impressed me for efficacy.)

The unit heats quickly and predictably, is easily pack-able, handsome looking, and generally of outstanding quality. The E-pik is a great addition, and it's function as an herbal grinder is actually fairly impressive, especially considering it's portability when compared to a traditional accessory.

Consider me completely sold on the EV-1, and on vapor in general. I'm a convert, now, and have no plans to look back.

wizzoh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wizzoh, glad to hear your positive feedback. Welcome to the vapor world, glad you're enjoying it so much. The journey of a million vapor bowls, starts with a single bowl pack. Cheers, EV-1/Supreme on tonight for me too.

IAmKrazy2,

gvape

stinkbud said:
After about a month or so with my EV-1, I am finished testing. I have used MJ and herbal incense blends (synthetics) and I can truthfully say that this is quite a vape. It gets hot very quick with boost mode. As long as you are careful not to leave it on boost for too long once it is heated up, you should be okay as far as combustion.

The only real issue I had with my unit is the glass end of the whip. Near the end of my experience with this vape, I really had a hard time removing the glass from the heating element. A sticky residue started to accumulate on the whip end glass and made it next top impossible to remove from the base. I was very scared at one point that I would shatter the whole thing. Granted, I never got a thimble screen cover for the whip and that is what could have contributed to this problem. I knew that either I would be exchanging the beta unit for a production model or I would send it back at the end of my beta testing. Another issue with my unit, as mentioned in this thread earlier, the hole in the base for the power cord is very narrow and sharp on the edge. It results in scratching the insulation of the cord. Over time this could result in exposed wires and all the issues that could bring.

I ended up sending my unit back. It went back last week and I am awaiting my refund. I notified Andy about 3 or 4 weeks ago that I would be returning it. He got back to me within 4 days or so and it took me a couple weeks to actually send the thing back. That was last week.

I honestly dont know how you use it without that dome screen. it is a very vital piece and makes this vape so great. i could see you changing your mind if u had the right part.

gvape,

stinkbud

gvape said:
I honestly dont know how you use it without that dome screen. it is a very vital piece and makes this vape so great. i could see you changing your mind if u had the right part.

Probably...but I was really wanting a log vape. I saw the potential out of this unit, but in the end it wasn't what I was wanting. When the beta was announced, I was considering a myrtlezap. Knowing that this was a trial basis, I did not mind spending the same amount of money to try it out as long as I knew that I would get my money back in the end.

stinkbud,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I have been eyeing this unit the last couplea dayz, I dig the look of it, but am wondering what is the heat source? Has it been mentioned here? What do you all that have it think of the overall length of it? is it a stationary piece?

Ed's TnT,

wizzoh

Charlie
Ed's TnT said:
I have been eyeing this unit the last couplea dayz, I dig the look of it, but am wondering what is the heat source? Has it been mentioned here? What do you all that have it think of the overall length of it? is it a stationary piece?

The heat source is a ceramic heating element placed vertically under the where the bowl is positioned.

I quite like the aesthetic of it, I have mine in Cherry, and it looks like something out of the Eames household. Being the size of a medium drinking glass overall, I wouldn't call it too terribly stationary, it fits in the hand like a hot thermos of coffee, I suppose.

The power cord is long enough to have some freedom with it, and the ability to power it from an inverter in the car is a plus for mobility, too.

To my knowledge, it's taller than a PD, and I think a while back in this thread there was a side by side photograph of the two, but the EV is still a small machine.

wizzoh,

max

Out to lunch
To add to what wizzoh posted, it's bigger than a log vape, but can easily be held the same way, in one hand. The whip/bowl connection is like the Arizer Extreme/V-Tower, but with the bowl in the whip, and using a screen cap (like the Cloud uses) to keep the herb contained.

I tried a beta model, but the 'normal' heat setting was a little hot for me, requiring more of a hard draw than I prefer, in order to keep the temp down. I would actually prefer a normal setting in the range of fixed temp vapes like the log vapes, and iolite/wispr models, and the current 'normal' setting would be fine for me, in place of the 'boost' setting.

max,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the info fellas, I was thinking it was about the size of a coffee thermos. I have only used a whip type with a VB, it was different than the log style for sure, took some getting used to. Just didnt like the fact of how much herb it took to pack a bowl. Does this unit use alot? I like the slight amount that it takes in the MZ.

Ed's TnT,

wizzoh

Charlie
Ed's TnT said:
Thanks for the info fellas, I was thinking it was about the size of a coffee thermos. I have only used a whip type with a VB, it was different than the log style for sure, took some getting used to. Just didnt like the fact of how much herb it took to pack a bowl. Does this unit use alot? I like the slight amount that it takes in the MZ.

Not being familiar with the MZ, I can't tell you how it stacks up there, but I can say that the whole packable size of the bowl is about the size of a thimble, and I've not experienced ill effects by leaving it only 1/4 full or less. I don't know what you call a lot, but if I had to Adjective the amount, I'd say it's pretty minimal.

wizzoh,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Ed's TnT said:

It may be on the first page when the discussion was still centered around log vapes and this potentially fighting in that market, but for the amount you would put in the MZ/PD/WDZ, you get more satisfying hits from the log vape than the Epic. The epic's strengths seem to be that is is flexible in the amount you put (you can do tiny amounts, but the vapor/air ratio is low), the seemingly non-existent learning curve, and the sturdiness of the design, and all the little details such as boost, capability to do concentrates, etc, but not really conservation to the degree of a log vape. But any vape is going to conserve so much more than combusting I think that is a moot point for some. :2c:

Edits: spelling

mrfloopa,

Slinkytreekreeper

I second what Bun.it said

Any plans for a UK version in any way? Is there an expected price range for the non beta version?

This looks like it is placed very intelligently in the market and should fulfill many peoples needs. The boost for concentrates is just delightful, can I try too :)

Thanks for the awesome info everybody, FC rocks

edit for missed typos

Slinkytreekreeper,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Ace that is the SHIT!!! I really like the rig and the station, that is a hellova dispay! Am curious though, what is the ID of the inner hole from wood to wood, and how far is its depth? Very smart bro, you have done good!!!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom