Discontinued Elevape SV

famineinthemind

Where's the cheapest place to get an elevape? The black friday sale goes for $274 or something, but I saw a seller on ebay for like $238. If purchased from the website one does get an extra coil and the stir lid.

But I guess the lid isn't needed if you do the bottlecap screen. Do you have to drill a hole to make it? Looking to trade in my mflb and hammer for a new portable driver.

famineinthemind,

ginolicious

Where's the cheapest place to get an elevape? The black friday sale goes for $274 or something, but I saw a seller on ebay for like $238. If purchased from the website one does get an extra coil and the stir lid.

But I guess the lid isn't needed if you do the bottlecap screen. Do you have to drill a hole to make it? Looking to trade in my mflb and hammer for a new portable driver.

$239 is really cheap. At that price I would pick it up haha. The cost of shipping from the seller is hopefully not unreasonable. Hopefully the seller is reputable. Buying these things off eBay of its a random seller has me weary.

famineinthemind

The seller's page checks out, and hopefully it will have the warranty too.

There's also a used one priced at $185 on ebay if anyone is interested; the only thing is there's a drill mark inside the vapor path. Sounds like an FC user, but I feel like if I bought an elevape I'd want the warranty.

"KeroZen said:
Beware guys that there is really a technic to develop with this vape. I wasn't able to produce any vapor with my FW2.1 when I first got it, it was really strange. A lot of hot blank air, device getting hot properly but no clouds.

You need to play with all parameters: grind, amount, packing, distance, draw speed etc

I wish I could tell you the exact solution but my results, while clearly better, are still inconsistent from time to time. So keep experimenting! Unless you really have a faulty device of course..."

Also how close is this description of the FW3 to the elevape? I obviously haven't read enough, but so far I've read things like: all you need is consistent draw and depending on your vape move the coil a bit/ bottle cap screen the lid.

I've gotten a lot of hot blank air even on my UD when the color is still gold. All the videos look like you get 6 draws or so out of a chamber with, whereas with my log I get 2-3 good hits. After that it's not much, maybe my log is under powered. I don't see how you could ever combust with it. I guess you put more into the SV though, but it will take the herb to a darker color than my log with direct draw.

Mod note- posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
famineinthemind,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Stay tuned in the FW3 thread to see what I think about how those parameters affect the FW3. We have found for the ESV that these parameters can make a huge difference in results. Many tend to stick with a similar approach for getting the best results with the ESV, however you would be able to find many members in this thread that have tweaked their ESV to be accustomed to their use. There are also many more parameters within the build of the ESV such as the screens in the heat chamber as well as the lid and mouthpiece. The mouthpiece itself can be changed to affect performance as well.

With all that said, you should understand that the ESV is built to work out of the box. It's these parameters that allow the user to tweak the device to get the best results for their usage.

Vape Dr.

$239 is really cheap. At that price I would pick it up haha. The cost of shipping from the seller is hopefully not unreasonable. Hopefully the seller is reputable. Buying these things off eBay of its a random seller has me weary.

$239 is cheap, but if you notice on the cooling chamber the serial# is E000118.
E means it's from Europe.
A means it's from America.

Ask yourself, do I want to save $10 and take my chances that this is in fact a new (European) unit with upgraded batteries from an unknown ebay seller, or do I want to buy a brand new unit directly from the company with no worries and a lifetime warranty for $10 more and receive extras that equal much more than $10? :shrug:

I have never heard a single negative comment about Joe or Elevapes customer service and satisfaction.

Just my :2c:

Better make up your mind! Sale ends at tonight!

:peace:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
$239 is cheap, but if you notice on the cooling chamber the serial# is E000118.
E means it's from Europe.
A means it's from America.

Ask yourself, do I want to save $10 and take my chances that this is in fact a new (European) unit with upgraded batteries from an unknown ebay seller, or do I want to buy a brand new unit directly from the company with no worries and a lifetime warranty for $10 more and receive extras that equal much more than $10? :shrug:

I have never heard a single negative comment about Joe or Elevapes customer service and satisfaction.

Just my :2c:

Better make up your mind! Sale ends at tonight!

:peace:
I questioned this about the serial number before and I thought we came up with the conclusion that there is not a different serial number for those in Europe. Many from abroad have chimed in to confirm that their serial number does not start with an E. I noticed the picture of the one's on vape-smart.com that 6 people got early this month at a really cheap steal of a price also had a serial number of E000118 and another picture with serial number E000100. See here for yourself http://vape-smart.com/shop/elevape-smart-vaporizer/. Still this was confirmed to be a real deal and real ESV's were provided.

With the Elevape, even Joe will say it is almost impossible to recreate or rip off...but I agree with your suggestion to buy direct. I would and have paid more money to buy from Joe just on the assumption that the more money that goes directly to IPUFFUSA for this vape goes directly to the future development of this vape.

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

I questioned this about the serial number before and I thought we came up with the conclusion that there is not a different serial number for those in Europe. Many from abroad have chimed in to confirm that their serial number does not start with an E. I noticed the picture of the one's on vape-smart.com that 6 people got early this month at a really cheap steal of a price also had a serial number of E000118 and another picture with serial number E000100. See here for yourself http://vape-smart.com/shop/elevape-smart-vaporizer/. Still this was confirmed to be a real deal and real ESV's were provided.

With the Elevape, even Joe will say it is almost impossible to recreate or rip off...but I agree with your suggestion to buy direct. I would and have paid more money to buy from Joe just on the assumption that the more money that goes directly to IPUFFUSA for this vape goes directly to the future development of this vape.

Too funny. The Ebay post pic has the same serial# as the link you posted! And the pics are identical!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elevape-SV-...901382?hash=item2ca3a291c6:g:9c8AAOSw5ZBWLXLz

Safe to say the seller just pulled random pics from the internet! Units in the 100s are older units.

I think with the vape-smart sale they grabbed Elevapes from any vendor they could get them from to fulfill their orders. I know they lost money on every unit.

But the E is Europe and A is America. It's the way to differentiate the units for vendors.
Elevape now has a European distributer.
http://www.elevapesmart.eu/

Vape Dr.,
Reactions: KidFated.

OyVape

I was one of those who bought tne ESV on the vape-smart deal. My serial number is in the 1400's. I have no reason to believe it's not legit. If Joe didn't think they were fakes, that's good enough for me!

BTW Oron of vape-smart mentioned that they had run out of them so they had to have them sent from a different vendor/vendors.

Vape Dr.

@OyVape I never said they were fake. I just don't think it makes sense to buy off Ebay to save $10 rather than get it directly from Elevape. The vape-smart deal was one hell of a deal, but it was an accident.

Vape-smart ran out of stock because they screwed up and sold them way too cheap. They had to buy them off of other vendors to fulfill their orders. They are all legit, just from different vendors. You got one hell of a deal my friend!

I don't think you'll find another deal like that again.

My point is as @nosmoking said you have piece of mind buying direct from the manufacturer. I would rather give my money to Joe than a random Ebay seller....

It's only $249 with free shipping plus extras all day today! If your still on the fence, better jump!

famineinthemind

Hmm, thanks for feeding the mind guys. I was actually almost about to purchase off the site jumping the gun forgetting to use the code last night. The only thing that threw my off was the sales tax. An extra heating coil would be nice, but it seems for better performance you can cut out the stir lid. I guess $40 or so isn't much considering it's a $300 vape.

But I tried putting the code in the website. It says the coupon has expired.

famineinthemind,
Reactions: OF

kapattack

@Shit Snacks i definately dont mind buying a kick ass first unit. the idea is not to buy low and have to upgrade later. worst case scenario it doesnt work out and i sell it to pay for something different.

@RelaxedNow where do i find this 'sale' you mentioned.

thanks all. peace.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks i definately dont mind buying a kick ass first unit. the idea is not to buy low and have to upgrade later. worst case scenario it doesnt work out and i sell it to pay for something different.

thanks all. peace.

Nice choice dude!

Best thing to do would be to see if you can email or call Joe, you can try a pm here as well. I think his info is in this thread somewhere...

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Some do, some differently and some don't. Some likes the stock Allen screw being a little like a heat sink, some do the bottlecap.
What @Vape Dr. told me, You can also just try moving the ESV and draw in a different position, like slightly tilted or what ever. This works pretty nicely and I don't feel like stirring at all. Actually it's kinda fun cause it's not this static pipe position and it's nice to try out...
Even when I didn't do so, my abv was pretty evenly vaped nevertheless. Just a little more than a pinch.. Not even 1/3 bowl. Perfect.

famineinthemind

Thanks! I've been reading the earlier threads where others where saying the stir lid(more so in public)/ stirring is a must. But I have also seen vape dr's video. So I wasn't quite sure if the bottle screen game more room in the chamber.

Anyone else customize their mouthpiece like the pictures vape dr had of e cig vape mouth pieces? I want to get one because it can easily be used as an 18mm adapter. I dont have a 18mm waterpipe and I hear the vapor is very cool. But I like the look.

famineinthemind,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

RelaxedNow

thanks all. peace.

Hmmm, I actually don't recall that post, and can't find it. I must have been vaped. In any event, the most recent sale I'm aware of was run directly by ipuff, and I believe it ended on November 30th.

Last edited:
RelaxedNow,

kapattack

Hmmm, I actually don't recall that post, and can't find it. I must have been vaped. In any event, the most recent sale I'm aware of was run directly by ipuff, and I believe it ended on November 30th.
Yea... It's possible I'm losing my mind as well. The sale did end as I found out, but there is an eBay store selling for 235. The price can't be beat but I'm scared of warranty issues should I need to send it in for anything.

RelaxedNow

@kapattack
Don't buy vapes on ebay. Lots of counterfeits.

I don't recall any stories about problems with buying the ESV on eBay......but I'll stay from it on principle. Aside from just avoiding risk as a common sense issue, I prefer to support authorized dealers.....particularly when spending a couple hundred. It wouldn't be devastating to lose that amount, but I'd feel pretty foolish if it wasn't a brand new, warrantied, unit.

BKTai

Greetings FC, long time lurker here on this esv forum..... thank you all for the useful insights

Just got my new esv delivered to my work site, thanks Joe! Black Friday offer too good to pass up especially dealing direct. Plus Joe was out of work sick and still took time to answer my emails from home. Who does that?

Charging up the unit now but the light went green after 30 min! Should I leave it on there for the 5 hrs or is it time to start the evaluation process?

I can't wait to start tweaking this thing.

Top Bottom