Discontinued Elevape SV

OyVape

Yes. Initial charge needs to be 5 hrs to "balance" the battery. There's a good reason the manufacturer recommends doing that. If you want a more technical explanation, ask the illustrious OF right here. He's our resident Electrical Engineer

BKTai

ok cool...... i guess i'll do the responsible thing and wait till after work lol.

computer usb or wall plug for the first 5 hrs?

BKTai,
Reactions: OF

OF

Greetings FC, long time lurker here on this esv forum..... thank you all for the useful insights

Charging up the unit now but the light went green after 30 min! Should I leave it on there for the 5 hrs or is it time to start the evaluation process?

I can't wait to start tweaking this thing.

Hey, welcome to the fun, congrats on the timely purchase and in full agreement this joint is great for the exchange of useful experience and advice. So much better than the 'lesser forums', which I avoid.....

Yep, as has been said, run the drill. Five hours without peeking. FWIW the app often shows less than 100% when the lights don't.

I hope you do wait it out, it's hard but only a one time deal and can benefit you in longer battery life. And less 'looking over your shoulder' later on......that can screw with your enjoyment you know. When you do start experimenting I'm sure you'll enjoy the opportunity to fine tune it to your delight.

If you want a more technical explanation, ask the illustrious OF right here. He's our resident Electrical Engineer

Hey, cut that out! I only volunteered because I thought Electrical Engineers drove electric trains........

And if I'm all you got, yer on ice way thinner than you know.

ok cool...... i guess i'll do the responsible thing and wait till after work lol.

computer usb or wall plug for the first 5 hrs?

In theory it shouldn't matter, but...... One thing that's important is the cable. Until you know better (like the one you have is fine), stick with the one that came with the unit. Guys have had troubles with what was lying around, many USB cables are over long and have thin wires which impacts charging.

BTW, the supplied charger is only half an Amp (at least mine were) meaning a more powerful charger (a full Amp or more) or full power USB port will give faster routine recharges. For the initial balance charge that's not important as 5 hours is plenty of time.

Hang in there, "this too shall pass".

OF

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@BKTai congrats and welcome onboard. Be sure to try this damn fine thing in stock condition. Believe me ... It's better to adjust, when you have gotten into it. I could not resist and think I had to learn the hard way... Well, even that way was f***in fun! :D And am still improving. :)

BKTai

@BKTai congrats and welcome onboard. Be sure to try this damn fine thing in stock condition. Believe me ... It's better to adjust, when you have gotten into it. I could not resist and think I had to learn the hard way... Well, even that way was f***in fun! :D And am still improving. :)

i plan on doing just that, start from stock and adjust till satisfied. either way, it's def one of the longest 5 hrs of my life lol

BKTai

So i find that i prefer the stir lid. Going stock without disassembling, I find myself running on the hot side to get decent vapor production at 380, 400, 420. draw speed medium i didn't even come close to combustion at these higher temps.

i like the small and discrete package with instant vapor capability. i'm two servings in and like how i'm feeling.

so far so good......

Bastos

hello Elevape Owners... I wanted to share my thought and a few pics for the Forum...

First all this thing was not vaping at all.. after learning how to take good vape draws from it this is what i came up with... also Joe is a stand up guy... very helpful...

came to the conclusion that you have to make slow draws, 8 seconds are not enough so a quick stop and redraw can get up to 16 seconds, I also added 2 screens under the mouthpiece to create resistance when taking a draw... outcome??? 4-5 clouded vapes on 305 degrees and crisp brown flower...here is a pic of my Elevape.. Also does anyone know why my image is rotated when embedded?

Photo%20Dec%2002%2C%207%2019%2013%20PM.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
hello Elevape Owners... I wanted to share my thought and a few pics for the Forum...

First all this thing was not vaping at all.. after learning how to take good vape draws from it this is what i came up with... also Joe is a stand up guy... very helpful...

came to the conclusion that you have to make slow draws, 8 seconds are not enough so a quick stop and redraw can get up to 16 seconds, I also added 2 screens under the mouthpiece to create resistance when taking a draw... outcome??? 4-5 clouded vapes on 305 degrees and crisp brown flower...here is a pic of my Elevape.. Also does anyone know why my image is rotated when embedded?

Photo%20Dec%2002%2C%207%2019%2013%20PM.jpg

Very interesting, different from most of us here for whom that much draw restriction would be a recipe for combustion, too slow for me

Bastos

Not sure why your image is rotated, but what mouthpiece are you using?

Welcome aboard and glad to hear your finding success with this prize piece!

I took an old Flowermate V5 mouthpiece and lathed down the threads to fit the moutpiece hole on the elevape, this allows me to swap ecig vape tips on a regular basis.. the tip holder is snug and doesnt wiggle like the original mouthpiece it comes with..

Photo%20Dec%2004%2C%209%2056%2011%20AM.jpg

Beats me, probably using an Australian server........

Until you know better, how about editing the post and inverting the photo before linking?

OF

i been trying all morning, i think its because im using drop box.. i'll probably just post the links instead of embedding.. thanks for your reply tho...

Very interesting, different from most of us here for whom that much draw restriction would be a recipe for combustion, too slow for me

Restricted draws for me is what i found is needed on this unit other than my Alfa, or Flowermate pro.. A tight packed bowl, 2 flowermate screen give me a nice cloud... but i have to watch for burned spots..

Heres a pic of the screens:

Photo%20Dec%2004%2C%2011%2035%2049%20AM.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Restricted draws for me is what i found is needed on this unit other than my Alfa, or Flowermate pro.. A tight packed bowl, 2 flowermate screen give me a nice cloud... but i have to watch for burned spots..

Ah yes, I find full free flow air to be the best for the pure convection draw, I can use any amount ground fine or course, and get clouds in 8sec at 305. I never use a mouthpiece screen. So many variables here, most anyone should be able to find a way to make it work for them. Glad you did too, the function is still nigh unparalleled

Last edited:

Bastos

Ah yes, I find full free flow air to be the best for the pre convection draw, I can use any amount ground fine or course, and get clouds in 8sec at 305. I never use a mouthpiece screen. So many variables here, most anyone should be able to find a way to make it work for them. Glad you did too, the function is still nigh unparalleled

I hear ya... the free flow vape wasnt cutting it.. i did notice that the screws that hold the unit together weren't countersunk enough cause the bowl lid to let air in... after a quick countersink the lid seals tight... it does seem that everyone has there own style which is helpful to know... by far the best Vape i have tried..

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
Right now I have the same problem, my vaporizer has really low temps and there is no way to combust and even at max the ABV is too clear. I'm gonna try changing the coil and different positions to see if it works...

Vapor Loop

I finally had to change a coil after about 10 months. I also went ahead and put in a more fine screen for the chamber and removed the mp screen. I did completely remove the mp for a bit because it wobbles a bit and i wanted to make it slightly more stealth, But i stopped after realizing i can still draw that way with the mp on still keep the mp screen out tho.

I have been adding oil to dry material as of late with great results, Really the best damn results i have ever gotten with it, So it has been getting a bit more use since i now get much more consistent result. I also much prefer the full convection over any amount of conduction.

So what's the word on this new one Ipuff is working on with Indica? I will probably be interested in picking one up if it's anything like the Esv.

Vapor Loop,
Reactions: nosmoking

Bastos

heres some pics i took a few minutes ago.. Enjoy
Right now I have the same problem, my vaporizer has really low temps and there is no way to combust and even at max the ABV is too clear. I'm gonna try changing the coil and different positions to see if it works...

When i first got my Elevape it wasn't drawing any vape. Kinda was disappointed, then i took it apart, took the coil of and to my surprise the screws holding the coil were not tight. After a quick reset of the coil and proper screw tightening and screen replacement i cant put this thing down. Lol

Bastos,
Reactions: tripwire

b0

Cloudy...
heres some pics i took a few minutes ago.. Enjoy

When i first got my Elevape it wasn't drawing any vape. Kinda was disappointed, then i took it apart, took the coil of and to my surprise the screws holding the coil were not tight. After a quick reset of the coil and proper screw tightening and screen replacement i cant put this thing down. Lol

I have had my ESV for like a year, at first it worked amazing andI was really happy but sudenly the battery died. After that it never been the same. I have sent it like 4 or 5 times and Joe is the man, he always take care of me and I'm really grateful but I'm starting tothink about selling my unit with all the extras I have (lids, coils, screens, mouthpieces, I have a lot of everything) and just move one searching for another vape, maybe this is not the one for me.

Edit: Or maybe I should try putting some screens for restriction, I don't know anymore...

Last edited:

BKTai

i'm still in the process of fine tuning for clouds. i did finally adjust the coil at an angle. it's heating more evenly but still not making large clouds. i'm vaping at high temps still, 400+ with no mouthpiece screen.

how do i remove the chamber screen? do i need a specific tool? also, is it necessary to add the 3rd screen?

So far my FF is easier to use with much more visible vapor production but then again the firefly uses more material. if the bowl was bigger on the esv i believe the same results could be achieved.

BKTai,
Reactions: tripwire

vapen00b

Joe recommends tilting the coil 15-20 degrees towards the sensor and maintaining 4mm from coil to battery unit. This will avoid false reading of the sensor and thus make possible precise temps - of course draw speed is a variable too. But IMO it's truly pretty correct with a steady, normal draw.

At 305f you shouldn't get any clouds.. It's just too low for visible vapor.
Of course, if you tilted you coil at a DIFFERENT angle, you can get cloudy hits - but again, this is not the correct 305f temp then but much higher.
I, for one, aimed at setting up a "temp reliable" ESV - so I can vape my different botanicals set to their optimum temps.

Do like you can tweak it to your demands.. For me it's reliable temps. :)

Last edited:

vapen00b

@BKTai Grats, pal. That sounds great! Nice to hear you're enjoying your little black box :)

And to answer your questions: no, you don't need a third chamber screen. It can help keeping the sensor clean from small particles. Depends on grind size of course, if it's "needed"..and your cleaning attitude ;)
I removed the retaining ring with my finger/fingernail. Was not too hard to do that.. Only a tiny twist.

Last edited:

Bastos

My setup:

Temp: 305, 325, 340
Delrin Mouthpiece
1 fine chamber screen
No stir lid
2 Flowermate mouthpiece screens
Deep tilt on coil
Browns herb evenly
Clouds on 305, 4-5 hits are great.

Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2010%2028%2037%20AM.jpg

Last edited:

vapen00b

My setup:

Temp: 305, 325, 340
Delrin Mouthpiece
1 fine chamber screen
No stir lid
2 Flowermate mouthpiece screens
Deep tilt on coil
Browns herb evenly
Clouds on 305, 4-5 hits are great.

Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2010%2028%2037%20AM.jpg
What about your coil and angle? Guess it's not tilted (that much)?
Thanks for sharing! :):tup:

EDIT: sorry, you mentioned it. Too elevaped right now, I guess. Actually, yeah, I feel so. :D
Had a nice blend of thyme, sage and mj and hooked the ESV to my pinnacle water tool with a piece of food grade silicon as adapter. Soo tasty... The best flavor of everything at 345F - so smooth. Medicates my sore throat and bronchitis - in a way you would kill for. Damn, like that cold:razz::haw::nod:

Last edited:
vapen00b,
Top Bottom