Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Mako Kupo

@Ed’s TnT you never cease to amaze brother! I really like the looks of that bubbler, have you got a function video by chance?

Your boy up north,

vp

i scoured the internet for a video of it being used, and i think i came up short if i remember right (was a few weeks ago). i have one ont he way and will do a video of it, if i can figure out how to upload it here!

Hey everyone. I wanted to give my short personal review on my Mango Aromalog, since it's been a week since first receiving it. There was a small learning curve that preoccupied my first night with it. I eventually found a set temperate at 8-8.5 on the dial. I also purchased a VVPS, but have yet to use it.

I have not had any burn spots on the herb. It toasts my herb almost perfectly every time. I prefer very short sessions. I usually like to get 2-3 draws out of it after fully loaded. I tend to pack the Ti Tip as much as I can. If I pack it light, I can toast it all in one hit, but usually dialing it up a little bit. It's definitely more consistent than the other log vape I have. I'm was constantly adjusting the dial and get hot spots all the time.

I'm using a lot less herb with the Aromalog now. I really don't microdose, but I'm now using half of the herb I normally use with my other log now. I think in the long run, it's going to save me money. I was going through so much herb previously.

The big thing that was keeping me away from the Aromalog was it's usage with the Dynavap tip. I previously sold my Vapcaps, because I didn't like them and felt there are much better vapes out there. I didn't like the small bowl either. I've learned the hard way that lots of vapes aren't for me. I now find the Dynavap tip is perfect for the Aromalog. I ended up buying some parts to use with a stem that I bought from KGWoodcrafts. I really could have used those Vapcaps that I sold. :ugh:

I couldn't recommend this vape enough now for those who are on the fence or who are saving up for one. Out of all the vapes I have used, only one other where I can get a near perfect toast, which is my Sticky Brick OG. The OG takes a lot of technique, which can be frustrating at times.

Mako Kupo

Hey everyone. I wanted to give my short personal review on my Mango Aromalog, since it's been a week since first receiving it. There was a small learning curve that preoccupied my first night with it. I eventually found a set temperate at 8-8.5 on the dial. I also purchased a VVPS, but have yet to use it.

I have not had any burn spots on the herb. It toasts my herb almost perfectly every time. I prefer very short sessions. I usually like to get 2-3 draws out of it after fully loaded. I tend to pack the Ti Tip as much as I can. If I pack it light, I can toast it all in one hit, but usually dialing it up a little bit. It's definitely more consistent than the other log vape I have. I'm was constantly adjusting the dial and get hot spots all the time.

I'm using a lot less herb with the Aromalog now. I really don't microdose, but I'm now using half of the herb I normally use with my other log now. I think in the long run, it's going to save me money. I was going through so much herb previously.

The big thing that was keeping me away from the Aromalog was it's usage with the Dynavap tip. I previously sold my Vapcaps, because I didn't like them and felt there are much better vapes out there. I didn't like the small bowl either. I've learned the hard way that lots of vapes aren't for me. I now find the Dynavap tip is perfect for the Aromalog. I ended up buying some parts to use with a stem that I bought from KGWoodcrafts. I really could have used those Vapcaps that I sold. :ugh:

I couldn't recommend this vape enough now for those who are on the fence or who are saving up for one. Out of all the vapes I have used, only one other where I can get a near perfect toast, which is my Sticky Brick OG. The OG takes a lot of technique, which can be frustrating at times.

agreed, great reviw! love my aroma log so far too. have you used the WPA yet? i have yet to try mine, but tomorrow or the next day im giving it a go

Mako Kupo

Uh oh, the box of doom has arrived. So much stuff its a medium flat rate box lmao.. Time to dig in and probably forget everything from he next several hours lol! :rockon::razz:

Edit: SPOILER - the cocobolo WS is ridiculously gorgeous. Just wait until I upload some pics, if my camera can even handle the glory!

Edit #2: I just went to pull the dynavap tip from my original WS stem, which I haven't done in a week. It was cold which I wont do again, and the whole thing came apart! The inner metal rod inside the wood stem came right out, with 2 small gray o rings. I put them in a baggie for now, awaiting Ed to see this and hopfully can let me know how to fix it :(. For now, I will enjoy one of my new ones while I grieve over the old. Lesson learned, before pulling a dynavap tip from a wooden stem, take a few puffs or let it heat up by sitting on the heater a couple minutes. Let the resin warm up so the tip can come out easily, or it'll come apart. :(

Edit #3(final edit): Ed called me about 15 minutes after I posted saying I broke my stem, and instructed me on how to easily fix it. Awesome service with an awesome product, for real!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Edit #2: I just went to pull the dynavap tip from my original WS stem, which I haven't done in a week. It was cold which I wont do again, and the whole thing came apart! The inner metal rod inside the wood stem came right out, with 2 small gray o rings. I put them in a baggie for now, awaiting Ed to see this and hopfully can let me know how to fix it :(. For now, I will enjoy one of my new ones while I grieve over the old. Lesson learned, before pulling a dynavap tip from a wooden stem, take a few puffs or let it heat up by sitting on the heater a couple minutes. Let the resin warm up so the tip can come out easily, or it'll come apart. :(

Edit #3(final edit): Ed called me about 15 minutes after I posted saying I broke my stem, and instructed me on how to easily fix it. Awesome service with an awesome product, for real!

Yeah, it's supposed to be able to come apart for cleaning. I've taken mine apart many dozens of times.

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
Ok guys ! Something just happened for the first time since owning this incredible piece of art : combustion !

I plugged my unit for the 1st session of the day, let it heatsoak at 10 on the stock dimmer (upgraded heater core WS) for a few mins like I always do then drop the dimmer down to 7,5 like always again BUT !!

This time I forgot to do this, hit my ti tip with some tropicanna cookies at full power, I immediately felt something was wrong, had a salmony taste that I never had before, saw smoke coming out of the tip/heater zone BUT ! No coughing at all & not many vapour/smoke when blowing out.

Checked the load, yeah 70% of the load is full dark/burnt.

Do not underestimate the power of the new heater core :rockon:

I fuckin looooooove my Woodscents

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Looks like another good reason to get a VVPS, easy to see where you are set compared to the LED dimmer.:2c:

As well as a good reason for those of us that don't have the current 2019-20 body style to buy a new model, before the current body style changes again.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm getting a lot of usage out of my WT. I've added about 1 1/4 inch of silicone half-inch-inner-diameter tubing to the stem. This keeps the wood slobber-free, and the tubing mouthpiece is a smaller diameter than the wood tube. I prefer it. I can mash it with my teeth or whatever. It also makes a good seal with the small bubbler I brought. YMMV
eds.png

Last edited:

Mako Kupo

I'm getting a lot of usage out of my WT. I've added about 1 1/4 inch of silicone half-inch-inner-diameter tubing to the stem. This keeps the wood slobber-free, and the tubing mouthpiece is a smaller diameter than the wood tube. I prefer it. I can mash it with my teeth or whatever. It also makes a good seal with the small bubbler I brought. YMMV
6-C297-D6-E-7-C46-4018-9-E90-ACBB49-BA0-B50.jpg
where did you get this please if you dont mind? ive had mine a few weeks only and already wanted something like this

Mako Kupo,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
where did you get this pleas

years ago I purchased this food grade, high temp tubing and I've been using it for many vapey things. I still have a bunch. Very useful.
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Tubing-Foot-Piece-D/dp/B00DYAFISC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1NVMT7I47QLWK&keywords=1/2+inch+id+silicone+tubing&qid=1580921175&sprefix=1/2+inch+id+,aps,212&sr=8-4
============================================
This link is for by-the-foot: it looks similar - food grade https://www.amazon.com/Casavidas-Si...S3G8VPW3MWG&psc=1&refRID=Z1S5A1N96S3G8VPW3MWG

Last edited:

Mako Kupo

years ago I purchased this food grade, high temp tubing and I've been using it for many vapey things. I still have a bunch. Very useful.
https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Tubing-Foot-Piece-D/dp/B00DYAFISC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1NVMT7I47QLWK&keywords=1/2+inch+id+silicone+tubing&qid=1580921175&sprefix=1/2+inch+id+,aps,212&sr=8-4
This link is for by-the-foot: it looks similar - food grade https://www.amazon.com/Casavidas-Si...S3G8VPW3MWG&psc=1&refRID=Z1S5A1N96S3G8VPW3MWG

You're the best, thank you!

much appreciated, I’m hoping someone will post one up where I can see the vapor build up in the piece.

I'm doign exactly that, but I need to wait probably another week or so. I'm still recovering from pneumonia, and had used the bubbler twice. Both times I ended up coughing for a minute straight, which wouldn't make for a great video since I won't be able to edit it. Half of the video would be coughing! That said, the two times I've used it were very impressive. First it feels like a tank, super thick glass and well made. It fills up in about 2 seconds, mega thick white vapor. The hit is smooth, but tons and tons of vapor so be careful with it! Once I've recovered a bit more, I'll be doing a full review and will psot the link here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
They're very "collectible" :smug:

I can't afford every model...but if I could, I probably would.

Ahh ok got it :D I feel you m8. I have 1 since christmas but seeing Ed’s IG posts showing some new wood/units doesn’t help me with my VAS. I’ll end up with a second one, no doubt lmao. Logs are so addictive !

I just started using the VVPS again & i must admit it has its charm. I’m having great quality extraction, more consistent & precise than the stock dimmer. Also it’s far less noisy, the dimmer makes strong electric signal noises lol.

Ripping some Strawberry Banana (bred by DNA genetics) @ 10.1V awesome cloud & OG kushy fruity bubblegum taste :love::science:

Last edited:

Mako Kupo

I gotta get on this party train. Y’all Woodscents people have to much fun.
As long as you dont mind forgetting most of that good time lol. :tup::ko:

Ahh ok got it :D I feel you m8. I have 1 since christmas but seeing Ed’s IG posts showing some new wood/units doesn’t help me with my VAS. I’ll end up with a second one, no doubt lmao. Logs are so addictive !

It's WAY too easy to go overboard, I can see myself easily with 10 of the things.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, I hope all is well for you all. I am about to leave for Vegas to the CHAMPS show for the week. Sharing a condo with @phattpiggie & @timberheaddesigns should be a blast and be good to see those guys again.

Was laying in bed other night thinking WS and had this idea come to mind. Was good to think rather then stress which seems to be more than Id like these days. I even made a reminder note in my phone in case I went to sleep and forgot by morning but didnt and couldnt wait to get my butt out in the shop to give it a go. This is just a mock up piece one that I am letting sit in the shop to give me something to look at and see where it can go. I posted it IG a bit back and many said chess piece had a couple say looked feminine like a flower but not so sure whats so feminine about a flower when they can be so majestic and striking.

WS-Mockup-1.jpg

WS-Mockup-2.jpg

What do you all think?

@alleyhoops Glad you got that in and are enjoying it. Pls have a look at the directions for the temp control image settings. On that dial there is an arc, at the largest part of that arc is where you should set your desired setting. If you want it at 7 then put the 7 at the largest end of the arc. That VVPS be just fine. Even more glad to hear how its working for you after a week. I so appreciate the recommendation and hate you dumped all your DV stuff but hey be a good time to restock and at least you know more about what you had or didnt and know what you need and dont.

@Easywider thats a shame bro, wouldnt ya know it you get to rocking the goodies and your guy catches a whiff then signora uggh. Hang in there bro, hope you got in the raffle there is a couple days still left to get in, good luck.

@Alexis Thanks so much for the kind words and positive advice. Aint no hill for a stepper and believe me I have climbed a lot tougher just sucks is all and hoping the tough times days become fewer and fewer sooner rather than later but is what it is and wont let that stop me from putting one flip flop in front of the other my man. I appreciate you and thank you very much, you have always been a solid to me.

@Mako Kupo My man really appreciate all the biz and has been a pleasure speaking with you. As you know I am sure well now that I would rather at most times reach out to you personally by a call and have appreciated you letting me do so. I feel its best if possible to if I can in efforts of any way to help and advise. Great first couple days and gotta believe if you are waking up still high its doing exactly whats its supposed too woot woot. Brother I really like Cocobolo its by far one of my most favorite species to work. Thanks again for taking my calls and talking through those issues. Hehe, I know a guy that has well over 10 himself and am sending him another 2 at end of the month. He may even have over 20 by now.

@Ramahs Bro you gave me a grin and thank you for that. I have always enjoyed seeing your posts and appreciated you stepping up to help others. I feel you are right everyone should have a WS in their arsenal. Thats right my man, am already thinking body styles for the coming 2020 unit body. You know I am here for you to help fill those rooms.

@grogazola No sir Pete got his order a bit before the launch of the upgraded heater.

@virtualpurple Thanks bro, its a great device and very well made. As posted next page I did do a short quick video I posted at IG. Am hoping the few that are out there will show up videos soon as I know @Mako Kupo grabbed one so hoping he will post up soon enough of the bubbler. You can always get in on the raffle and give that a chance.

@LesPlenty Always good to see you bro, hope all is well.

@letter never sent Thanks for finding that video bro.

Am headed to the airport in a bit, if anyone is out there for the tradeshow pls get at me be great to see some of you all in person.

@Stone as Emma Uh oh bro that aint cool but shows the power of the WS for real.

@macbill Nice, glad to see you rocking it.

@Engleja Lol, yeah they are. If I can help in any way pls let me know.

Top Bottom