Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

LesPlenty

Company Rep
img_20181103_153736-jpg.14516

Tera stem accepts Dynavap parts...lucky accident apparently.

I also use one of my WS for aromatherapy, I fill the cup 3/4 full of oil and set my VVPS from 10 to 11v.:tup:

Alex03

:wave::tup:
I own 2x woodscent aroma logs, both prettty much brand new. The second one I received behaves differently, it runs much cooler.

@Mako Kupo @Ed's TnT

I too have a woodscent that seems to run way to cool. I am only getting whispy clouds at best and even after a 15 min session the material is grennish slightly yellwish at best.

The unit is a gorgeous wormwood model. From Back in may 2018.
I really like it but sadly I haven't used it because it seems not to work
properly. Wich really bummes me out because getting a WS back in 2018 was a real hassle (not to speak of the close to 500€ that I paid for it after the €-$ change). Ed didn't have a CE certificate so I couldn't buy it online and import it in to the EU (Germany). So I had to convince my buddy to bring me a WS from the US after his holidays in the US.

At the time in may 2018 I talked to @Ed's TnT and he didn't know what could possible be wrong.

Now that there seems to be another case of a weak heater on a WS Woodscent I have high hopes that Ed will recognized my WS unit as indeed having a faulty or weak heater.

@Ed's TnT I would really appreciate it if I could send you my unit for inspection and ultimately exchange it for another Unit.
I would really love to finally experience the famous power of a properly working WS.

Happy vaping Folks

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
@alleyhoops thanks ! Mistvape beaded stem just added to my VAS wishlist ! :cool:

@LesPlenty Nice ! But I thought @Mako Kupo use the Tera stem with screen not the ti tip for better airflow ? Am I misunderstanding something :hmm:

Rippin’ some Tropicanna Cookies with the aromastem ! Taaaassstyyyyy :love:

A lil pic for you

Fuck yeah ! Now I know how to upload visible image & not just a fuckin’ link ! :rofl:

Enjoy brothazzzz :rockon:

Last edited:

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Hey. Got a question about the vvps. The standard power supply is 12v and I set a vvps to 13 and just continue to use the dial to vary the 13v instead of 12v. I havent scooped one yet. It's on my list. But sometimes catch myself going up to 10. Not sure if my unit is the new heater or not. Does anyone know if the mango wood units are the new heaters. Pretty sure it said it was. Unit 446 if that helps. Now I totally want a Tera stem and I dont even have one yet. Would be cool to get a cool stem in matching mango wood. Gna be an expensive year but VAS is part of my everyday life now.

Hey. Got a question about the vvps. The standard power supply is 12v and I set a vvps to 13 and just continue to use the dial to vary the 13v instead of 12v. I havent scooped one yet. It's on my list. But sometimes catch myself going up to 10. Not sure if my unit is the new heater or not. Does anyone know if the mango wood units are the new heaters. Pretty sure it said it was. Unit 446 if that helps. Now I totally want a Tera stem and I dont even have one yet. Would be cool to get a cool stem in matching mango wood. Gna be an expensive year but VAS is part of my everyday life now.

I switch off and on from the stock power supply to the vvps. Friday night I used the stock and then last night I used the vvps. I also have the mango and I believe it's the newer heater. I use the stock heater at around 8.2V to 8.5 V and the vvps at around 10.3V. They are different readings and it's not a continuation of each other. I don't know which heater I prefer. I do get a darker toast and a fuller extraction with the vvps, but I taste more with the stock heater and a longer session, as in an extra draw or two.

Stone as Emma

IG : jean_roulin_420
@Xclerk i think either you have the old heater or either my heater runs hotter than most but i never go past 10.2V on the VVPS with top shelf flowers & this gives me one hit full extraction. 13V is defo combustion or hyper scorched herb/shit taste (never tried though, it's scaring me in some way :uhoh:)

Btw my unit is #615 if i can read correctly on that turquoise leather with my stone to the bone vision :science:

Just switch to some Strawberry Banana (Banana OG X Strawberry Bubblegum by Reserva Privada) shit tastes exactly like the lineage says : piney gassy rounded by some fruity/skunky bubblegum thing on the after taste. Sour & sweeeeet at the same time :ko::luv::love:

Wooodssssscccceeeeeennnnnttttsssssss madnessssssssssssss :bang::worms:

Edit :
I switch off and on from the stock power supply to the vvps. Friday night I used the stock and then last night I used the vvps. I also have the mango and I believe it's the newer heater. I use the stock heater at around 8.2V to 8.5 V and the vvps at around 10.3V. They are different readings and it's not a continuation of each other. I don't know which heater I prefer. I do get a darker toast and a fuller extraction with the vvps, but I taste more with the stock heater and a longer session, as in an extra draw or two.

100% agree with you ! @alleyhoops Though i can't decide which one i prefer (VVPS or dimmer) maybe the vvps thanks to his more even/consistent heating/extraction

Last edited:

#446 would be the old heater. I have #510, and I got it a few months before Ed started selling the upgraded heater.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello everyone, just getting back and getting over the week away at CHAMPS. Was a blast doing time with so many. Really enjoyed the time @phattpiggie @VAPEHUNTER @Stu @VGOODIEZ @duff @HughJundys and others. Got to finally meet @stickstones bro been a long time coming. Also met with Sneaky Pete, Troy from 420VapeZone , Eric @Boundless Vape Technology , Kenny @StickyBricks @Ratchett the guys from @PuffItUp and also the team of DynaVap. Really looking forward to the talks we had and look forward to taking it further.

Have many great pics from the show at my IG, if you havent had a chance to check it out pls do so. Still more to come and believe me it was an epic time had.

I am truly thankful to all the support for the 13th Anniversary Raffle and will be drawing the winner this afternoon at 3pm central time. Will be doing a live drawing on IG then also and posting up the results there as well as here and other areas, good luck to all that entered.

@jardri Thanks so much bro, thatd be way cool.

@Engleja Appreciate it and did so, thanks. I just scored a sweet Maple Runt from Kenny at the show my first SB woot woot. As far as Air flow and restriction there are many ways to use the WS. Both the Ti tip and the top of the air path use the Ti filter disc that DV offers. I feel this setup works well for me. I have heard of other users swapping out the Ti tip disc for a mesh screen and heard of users doing the same for the air path disc. I still use my WS stem without the condenser and feel that gives me a little more draw strength but this opens ya up to a less cleaner wood stem on the inside bore. The WS comes with a straight draw glass stem that allows you to use a mesh conical screen that gives you really good draw strength and air flow. It also comes with a straight glass stem that the tip can be used in without the condenser that will give you greater draw strength also. Lets not forget the wood WPA for use with the Ti tip and the glass WPA straight draw. These are what come in the package, there are a couple other additional accessories that I offer if these dont do it for you. Alot depends on material moisture, load pack and draw speed but once this is all worked out I feel you will really enjoy the WS no matter what configuration you settle on.

@phattpiggie Ohh really, lol.

@Mako Kupo Of course it would hehe. Appreciate you posting up and giving advice bro. Neat find on the Tera stem. Bro I believe that both your units have the upgraded heater. I wanna say one of your units is Buckeye and the other Cocobolo right? Wood density does play a role in its performance but not so much that it would vary that much. I would like to know more and hope you will get at me. I am pretty sure you have my # so give me a shout later today or when you can and lets talk more about this. No matter the issue I got you. Running it at max will not hurt it.

@abracadaver Brother you know how I roll and appreciate you posting up. CS is key, I do my best to offer my best and follow up with nothing but the best after the sale.

@bizwaxzion Yes sir that is correct, 10 on the dial is max 12v.

@letter never sent Thanks bro for the posting up and stepping in, appreciate you. Thanks for that WS unit # info thats very helpful.

@LesPlenty I am currently sold out of VVPS in US plug style at the moment. I am hoping to get more soon but TBH I am working on something different but also feel that the VVPS with the ability to boost the voltage just isnt neccasary with the upgraded heater core. But as said I am hoping to have something that can handle lower voltages than what I have been offering and the ability to boost also. Ahh yeah you got very lucky as I dont make them like that any more. Those were some of the very first I made and did only do a handful or so. Now they all have a 1/4" draw bore and have a 3/8" bowl recess. This gives them all the slightly smaller load area.

@Stone as Emma Isnt it neat to find out these cool mods. Glad you are enjoying the glass stem with conical screen. Sometimes it takes time to get to all the options but thats the fun part right. Appreciate the kind words. That really is a beautiful rig you got there and @Aezhenn does amazing work. @Mako Kupo has one of the current Tera stems I am turning I dont believe he is using it with the tip or MP, sounds like he is using it with a screen alone.

@Alex3oe Happy to hear youre enjoying it that way also.

@alleyhoops Nice to see you using that stem configuration also. Are you using the PS to temp control to vvps to unit? I think I am confused, maybe its just me.

@improved_slagzord Yes sir no matter what you still have to place the orings over the top of the air path for use with the straight glass accessories.

@Alexis My man, I appreciate the kind words very much and you know all to well that I am and have always be open, honest and upfront, its all I know and what I teach my boys. Hmm how large of an area is where you are using the aromacup? I have a small bedroom not that large. I can put a few drops into a small wad of cotton and it works pretty well at about 7 to 8 on the old units. Yours is an old unit, it still vapes properly doesnt it? I would like to know more about this.

@Xclerk I am glad to hear you are having great results. How large are some of the areas you are using the aromacup? Hmmm I cant say for certain if that Mango has a new heater for certain. I wanna think I did a batch for VG that came out before the upgrade.

@Alex03 My man I would be happy for you to send that in for inspection. ALso be happy to swap out the heater for a replacement if its not performing like it should. If you would like get at me by PM or rather email to best keep up with it there and we can go from there. I hope all is well and look to hear from you soon.

What I know is that every WS purchased from me after October 10th, 2019 had the upgraded heater. Maybe best to ask @VGOODIEZ to be sure if some of the mangos may have older heaters. Pls help bro.

Ok yall I am about to pick the winner for the raffle WS Pkg. if you all are interested in the live stream head over to IG, be doing that in a little over 30 minutes.

Hope I have been helpful and will be back here soon.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm sooooo jealous of whoever wins the raffle. I kept forgetting about it and never got in.
That woodgrain on the Holy Grail pieces is the stuff of my dreams!

Congrats to the winner! You rock :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@Ed's TnT thanks for all your input. It really helps to guide my purchase.

I’m so jealous of your raffle winner. What a beautiful collection of your work. I heard you make mention of an upcoming sale so I have my eyes set on that now. Hold a Walnut my man!

Can you elaborate more on your plans to possibly release a different type of Voltage/temperature control? Would it be something worth waiting for?

Lastly, looked like a great time at champs. So jealous. I would like to experience that one day.

Alexis

@Ed's TnT hello brother. You are always welcome for the general support. I just appreciate good people and in my view cant be praised enough, gotta show maximum appreciatiin for the pure spirits of this world I say, we take too many good things for granted in this world and nothing is more special than a good human being.

Aaaanyway....my heater Ed. It still works consistently as it should as far as I can tell. However after reading @Stone as Emma 's comments above about her settings and experience it does lead me to believe that the new heaters certainly extract more powerfully at a lower temperature setting because even at 11.8 on the VVPS,, I'm not getting anywhere near full extraction in just one or a few puffs.

Its no problem at all. 12 is much quicker of course. Actually you lot have just inspired me to go up in temp now and see what sort of results like 12.5 maybe seems sensible.

Thanks for the tips about the cotton wad I will give it a try but I was getting decent aromas earlier with some Cedarwood oil. Just need to dial it in I think.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
according to vgoodiez listing.

"Exclusive Mango Wood species for VGoodiez this Woodscents stem can be used as a carbless Dynavap or as a stem for your Woodscents. Includes new upgraded heater!"

mine is unit 650
I remember it being listed as the new heater but I questioned it. I also got mine from vgoodiez. I'm not too concerned as I still get great results as is. I may step it up w a vvps soon. As far as filling the room w a scent. No problem filling 1000sq ft. Crazy blows my mind. Congrats to the winner. Even through I was hoping it was me

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That's a really nice stem. Does it fit really snug with the condenser?
Yes it does, perfect fit.

Would be cool to get a cool stem in matching mango wood
@phattpiggie could help you there, he does great things.

8.2V to 8.5 V and the vvps at around 10.3V.
That is why I suggested this VVPS to Ed at the start as it goes down to 3 volts (and up to 24),
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adjusta...var=584408659799&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

13V is defo combustion or hyper scorched herb/shit taste (never tried though, it's scaring me in some way :uhoh:)
13v does not combust with the old heater,

ed-s-avb-jpg.4427

But as said I am hoping to have something that can handle lower voltages than what I have been offering
Like the original I suggested to you, (posted above...again) goes down to 3volts but you went with the 9v to 24v instead.

Mako Kupo

@Mako Kupo
Waiiit whaaaaattt ?!
That Ed custom Tera stem you talk can be used with the Woodscents heater ?

Oh yes, it works wonderfully. I've seen a newer post where someone put a dyna tip in, which is of course another option. I bet you could even pack a little herb UNDER the dynavap tip and have it collect some residue? Hmm I think an experiment is in order.

@LesPlenty Nice ! But I thought @Mako Kupo use the Tera stem with screen not the ti tip for better airflow ? Am I misunderstanding something :hmm:

You are correct friend, I use it with only a flat screen and the airflow is glorious. To each their own though!

Thank you everyone for the advice on the heater, ala being able to turn that badboy safely up to 10. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow but for tonight, I'll be ripping my good ol' buckeye burl.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to my new unit. That unit being one of a kind, made of Armenian Caucasian Walnut Burl. Hehe. :D:cool::brow::clap::rockon::love::razz: :mmmm:(I couldn't decide which emoji truly depicted how I feel right now, so I used ALL of the emjojis that show it). I am puuuuuuuuuumped tp receive this, since I have literally never won a worthwhile prize in my life. Never a raffle, played bingo every weekend for like 9 years at a seasonal campground my family used to go to, hundreds of plays, zero wins. I have never won anything, except for this, the first worthwhile thing I ever tried at. Sorry everyone who participated but also not lmao.

I have a review coming on almost everything Ed has to offer on his site. It will have to wait a bit longer now since of course I have to use this new, one of a kind WS coming. There is unique stand made of the same wood as well meant to hold stems, which I don't see offered on the site at all but I like a LOT more than the stand which is offered. It's nice and is used every day, but they have different uses so I will review both.

Thank you SO much Ed, I can't wait to receive this package and to show it off to everyone here. Sorry to those who collect these, but there is a new collector in town and they mean business. :spliff:

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good evening yall, I know I said I would be back to follow up on all the posts but its going to have take a day or two. Am feeling crummy with a sore throat, chilled and backs hurting a little, might have the corona virus lol, sure as heck hope not.

Wanted to let you all know about the sale I am going to start running this wednesday be the best of the entire year so get them dollars right and get by the site. The ads should say it all and once I feel a little better I will get back on these posts.

Congrats again @Mako Kupo

Raffle%201st%20Slide.png

13th%20Slide%202.png

13th%20Slide%203.png

Top Bottom