Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
That's a whole lotta lathe there Ed. You can build almost anything with that. It is a giant version of my metal lathe. I have to bolt my drill press to the tool post if I want to have a configuration like you have.
You can also use it to precisely turn wood tubes so that your solo bushings will perfectly slide on. You may even be able to eliminate the pins. The amount of precision you can turn will amaze you. Adjust the angle of the bed and you can precisely cut 14/18mm tapers.
I have a feeling you will be spending a lot more time in the shop now.
Happy turning and good luck.

overvaped

Vapor evangelist
Just ordered the cypress stem!! Tough decision over the bocote one.
BTW, the link for the cypress stem ("Buy now") did not work, had to edit it bar to erase a "3"

Last edited:
overvaped,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good deal OV, you did good! Your order will ship out tomorrow first thing tomorrow. I only have a couple of those and only made a half dozen so its a special piece. Thanks for the business bro and I look forward to your thoughts.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Don't have to hit it hard, I think also you get more taste...the recent suggestion I made will increase airflow..I'm really excited n happy he's using my ideas:)

My lungs are not what they were, but to me it's the difference between hitting a cig or taking a drink of a melted shake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I hope all is well out there. Have been busy getting acquainted with the new lathe and have had to buy some new tooling to make it happen. Have a bunch of bushings turned down, just gotta chop em up and notch the ends. Its a lota fun making these!

Thanks for the kind words PVTO, I hope I can make this work for you bro!

Glad you got in on one Maine420, I hope you will let me know what you think of my work.

Back to work now!

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Its more than kind words man, you make me feel lide im a part of something.

Yes we were taking about that, the wood seems to mello the harshness of even the harshest of product...the draw is a little to milkshakeish for me..hopefully I've come up with a idea to remedy that.. Now the master crafter is thinking how to do it..

Last edited:

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Hey Ed, this might be answered somewhere but I couldn't find it; do you still make tubes that can fit the early purple days units?

CentiZen,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Don't have to hit it hard, I think also you get more taste...the recent suggestion I made will increase airflow..I'm really excited n happy he's using my ideas:)

My lungs are not what they were, but to me it's the difference between hitting a cig or taking a drink of a melted shake.
Please describe the modifications you had done so I may consider placing another order with Ed. Thanks!!!

Snappo,

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Um, the best I can describe it is....imagine your stem, only a strip of metal gone .003 thick all the way up the side, and as wide as one of them sugar test strip. Plus it's going to be 2.5 inches long.

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Um, the best I can describe it is....imagine your stem, only a strip of metal gone .003 thick all the way up the side, and as wide as one of them sugar test strip. Plus it's going to be 2.5 inches long.
Sorry...I'm not quite getting a mental picture of the difference between the two Ed's stems that I already have. How does your modded stem differ from Ed's standard? Any chance of a pic? Thanks again!!!

Snappo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Its only an idea as of now snappo. He wants to have tiny channels down the side of the bushing.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Snappo

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Just deep enough for a little air to pass .001 is a hair .003 is 3 hairs..so how wide would you say a test strip is for one of them glucumeter 1-2 centimeters? A strip that wide .003 thick all the way up the side ine each place there's a notch..Millimeters not real good on measurements....plus I'm medicated lol

It's gotta look purrty or Ed won't do it like other wood crafters he's a perfectionist"..even in metal..he really takes pride in his stuff, as he said its a idea I'm sure he will post pics..

Last edited by a moderator:

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Ok it's been almost 24 hours since I've had my stem-amazing. Am getting powerful hits which deliver my meds quicker and more intense! The stem got the approval of Pops and my daughter as well!

For those of you who have the short stem, how do you like it? What is the difference between the two, besides size?

ProudVaporTowerOwner

Ok it's been almost 24 hours since I've had my stem-amazing. Am getting powerful hits which deliver my meds quicker and more intense! The stem got the approval of Pops and my daughter as well!

For those of you who have the short stem, how do you like it? What is the difference between the two, besides size?

I altered my own, but I have weaker lungs...all n all I'm like you, I think it's a great deal..but I have thoughts about the airflow, I believe the notches are to few and to deep...but the main advantage I can tell you is, your hits right there it's like hitting a cig..thank god I quit

I'm with you though on how itt makes you feel, I've hypothasized sp? That its a result of the stainless steal not allowing the medication get to hot to fast, and only releasing the good cannabinoids, or those that leave you feel medicated and not stoned.

My apologies to the mod, I didnt mean it..its all eds fault:)
Mod note: Please avoid making back to back posts. Use your edit button at the bottom of your post. Posts merged.

Last edited:
ProudVaporTowerOwner,
Reactions: Maine420

ProudVaporTowerOwner

That's a whole lotta lathe there Ed. You can build almost anything with that. It is a giant version of my metal lathe. I have to bolt my drill press to the tool post if I want to have a configuration like you have.
You can also use it to precisely turn wood tubes so that your solo bushings will perfectly slide on. You may even be able to eliminate the pins. The amount of precision you can turn will amaze you. Adjust the angle of the bed and you can precisely cut 14/18mm tapers.
I have a feeling you will be spending a lot more time in the shop now.
Happy turning and good luck.

You and ed have far more experience with this than myself, but in my humble opinion, I think no matter how precise you turn them your going to need that pin, just sayin:)

ProudVaporTowerOwner,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, I hope all is well out there. Have been really doing some learning and with alot of trial and error I am getting a handle of this new lathe. I have had to hook up a coolant system on it, SS is some really hard stuff and gets awfully hot working it, gotta keep it cool so my tooling will last.

Maine420 hope your still enjoying your piece, you asked about the difference between the long and the short solo stems, I have heard some folks say the vapor is slightly warmer with the short stem. Not sure about the difference in draw. I only use a long one. I may make more in the future but have not gotten any ready for it.

I havent had a chance to make the mod that PVTO wants but hope to when I get all the bushings done, hang in there with me bro, I am gonna give it a try.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Good morning, I hope all is well out there. Have been really doing some learning and with alot of trial and error I am getting a handle of this new lathe. I have had to hook up a coolant system on it, SS is some really hard stuff and gets awfully hot working it, gotta keep it cool so my tooling will last.

Maine420 hope your still enjoying your piece, you asked about the difference between the long and the short solo stems, I have heard some folks say the vapor is slightly warmer with the short stem. Not sure about the difference in draw. I only use a long one. I may make more in the future but have not gotten any ready for it.

I havent had a chance to make the mod that PVTO wants but hope to when I get all the bushings done, hang in there with me bro, I am gonna give it a try.
Still enjoying my stem, Ed, Thank you!:tup:

Maine420,
Reactions: Ed's TnT
Top Bottom