Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, so I had a little down time in the shop the other day and thought I would work on my vape idea. Its rough and doesnt have any internals but that will come soon. Its a small piece of Walnut in a bloodwood base which is really rough. The bomb itself is 1 1/2" at the largest OD, about 4" tall. I just got an itch to work on it and thought I would share a pic. I hope you all like it and will hang in there with me until I get it finished.

2013-06-21_02-49-27_245_zps1809766c.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, just wanted to stop by and say hello. Got my new shop in the other day and I have been slammed trying to get it wired and ready for the metal lathe. Am super excited to open up my own metal shop. Have a lot of ideas I am kicking around waiting to try. Gonna be a few weeks before I have the new machinery, cash has gotten a little tight around my neck of the woods.

Also still a few weeks away from having solo stems ready, pls hang in there with me.

I hope all is well and wish everyone a safe and happy Independence day! Just got the kids a bunch of fireworks so its on!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Ed - I read somewhere on these forums recently that some customers were getting variants of the wood stem e.g., some weren't being outfitted with the ring retainer for the screen, and some were shaped differently (taper). As you know, I love my wood stem for the Solo, and am ordering another very soon...but really want the ring retainer and tight Solo fit that I enjoy now. Any changes? Thanks!

Snappo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thing is some of the stems have been coming with the remaining clip because the ID of the tubing was a little over a 1\2". The screens wouldnt fit tight. They needed the clip to hold em in place. Some didnt need the clip cause the screen seated snug. I have mad e any changes to the end since I quit tapering them. They still fit nice and snug in the solo.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Thanks, Ed! I tend to think that the retaining clip for the screen is a nice touch - one not seen in other stems. But it is an extra step in the cleaning process (needle nose tweezers do nicely).

Snappo,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Do any of the wood varieties that you use have tiny (size of a pea) knots or other small features in them that, if desired, could be incorporated into a custom stem?

Snappo,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
like maybe a natural carb?
No, not really - more like an aesthetic feature - although an elongated wood stem with a carbon-filter insert might call for a natural carb;)!

like maybe a natural carb?
Oh, Vitolo - I think I misunderstood your question, and did not mean to take away from it. I think a natural carb is a great idea. I love the way the wood stem personalizes the Solo already. Even more ways if knots and carbs can be one-and-only custom made!

Not being a hater here by any means, but Apple has had their fair share of launch problems. DISCLAIMER: I used to work for Apple (Corporate... long before there was Apple retail) Even current releases all have issuues.

Yup. Don't get me started on the iMac yellow screen issue, or the failing hard drives, or the over-revving noisy fans, etc.

Poor QC on a new product line isn't anything new, but that surely doesn't mean that we should accept it as standard operating procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I look at every piece before I turn em to see if it has a knot or eye then try to turn it so it shows off its unique characteristics. Each piece is different. I have some amazing stuff put back for a special project some day. I just got some really nice afzelia burl, looks like the piece I sent Alan for my HI. I am always looking for wood. Do you have something in mind Snappo?

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I look at every piece before I turn em to see if it has a knot or eye then try to turn it so it shows off its unique characteristics. Each piece is different. I have some amazing stuff put back for a special project some day. I just got some really nice afzelia burl, looks like the piece I sent Alan for my HI. I am always looking for wood. Do you have something in mind Snappo?
I think the afzelia burl you mention sounds incredible...with a really nice polish!

Snappo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Let me do some looking around and get back to ya. I am not ready to chop the afzelia up yet.

Ed's TnT,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Let me do some looking around and get back to ya. I am not ready to chop the afzelia up yet.
Ed - looking at the new Davinci Ascent design option (burl wood) ...looks rich & classy. Maybe you have something in the shop that looks similar. Of course I'd want the screen retainer ring and tapered mouth tip that fits so well in my 18mm female water tool adapter (love that I don't have to change bowls mid-session).

Snappo,

Bigoss

On Friday I ordered the purpleheart wood mouthpiece from vaporisateur.net. Looking forward to it so much. The only thing - I used to order directly from ED's web Granadillo piece and it cost about 35USD (free shipping). Now it is from France and its about 60USD (shipping costs are really high). Ed, are you going to sell that stuff also on your e-shop?

Bigoss,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning Boss, I hope all is well. I a glad you got in on the purple stem, those are exclusive to vaporisateur.net, I will not be offering them. Those are special pieces and the cost is a bit more than the granadillo. I am all sold out of stems at the moment, I had hoped to have more in stock by now but am always waiting on someone else it seems. I am working really hard to change this but change takes time. I should have the granadillo, cocobolo and blackwood back in stock in a few weeks. Right now I am also working on wiring and setting up my new building for the metal lathe and saw. I have all my wire run inside and receps are ready, have my work bench built, need to hang lighting and finish insulating it. Its crazy how much stuff costs! Its gonna cost me $500-600 just in insulation! How stupid is that?

So much to do, so much to do!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's been a while since I checked in here Ed. Wow, things are hopping for you!!! So good to see your plans finally materializing for your vape. And also congratulations on the new shop. :tup:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for stopping Mom, its been a while. Thanks for all the kind words, those are what its all about. I am slowly making progress with my vape idea. I hope with the new shop and machinery that I will really be able to make something happen. Am pulling an all nighter now trying to catch up on solo stems. So much to do and never enough time. I hope all is well your way. Hang in there with me I hope to be able to put one of my vapes in your hands!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh Ed.... you know I've been a fan of yours from the very beginning. :D I'm looking forward to finally trying out that vape of yours some day. Lord knows we've talked about it enough times!!!

Keep up the great work.

Hexi

I'm n00b here, your stuff looks pretty tight. My question is, can you make 'stems' for the Da Vinci? (my guess is no, but I'm a pessimist)

Hexi,
Top Bottom