Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Vitolo

Vaporist
My Cocobolo stem has arrived. My only camera being a builtin webcam on an iMac, can't capture the real close up beauty of this baby.
Photoon2011-06-30at11402.jpg
stems1.jpg

It sure works great with the Zaps!
My gals finally got dressed for this photo!
P.S. That Peach Butter smells Bomb!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, took a quick minication to Memphis, took the family to Beale for some dinner and a walk, got up bright and early and hit the Zoo first thing the next morning. We all had a great time, saw all the animals, grizzlys playing in the water fountain, a new born baby elk, and a weird chimpanzee hoping around slapping his nuts the whole time, didn't seem right and my boys are asking what he's up too, didn't look G rated to me! I didn't get anything done in the shop, had big plans to get a lot done, but really did need that time with my family, they are what its all about!

What an impressive arsenal you have there V, wow I knew you had some sweet pieces but when you put them all together like that, its spectacular!!! You have an exquisite collection! Its hard to capture the true beauty of all those pieces at once, I try, my photographer does a hellova better job than I do, but when it comes to having them in your hand, there is nothing like it, the colors, tones, the feel of it rolling in your hand. Cocobolo is one of my favorites it truly has a whole different affect than all the others. Well done Vito, thanks for posting the family!

Smokey, I appreciate the order, you will ship first thing Tuesday, Monday being the 4th., Happy Independence day all. You will ship like all the rest standard USPS, shouldn't take that long though, I think I have gotten to Paris in 10 days, made it to Hong Kong in under a week. The Amboyna looks great with the LB, the cooling is slight but is noticeable in my use. Did get a little time to spin a few bocote LB stems, had some really nice figured pieces, they were super nice, but all were to soft and split apart. What I have left will spin a few really nice tubes, but when you put them under that kinda pressure to make such a small piece they gotta be tough. I think I have mentioned it earlier I am making a big investment in amboyna, my dealer has gotten in his big shipment and has put together my order, have a stunning chunk of amboyna selected, 60lbs. slam full of eyes, heavy thick figure of burl 100%, also have a few smaller pieces of two tone coming with it, he's gotta pkg. it all and figure a cost, gonna be quite pricey but should have enough for a while. Thats gonna be some fun!!!

Ed's TnT,

Smokey

Cloud Master
That's great Ed! :) thanks, can't wait to use it and show off your piece of art around here!! Ambounya quite impressed me once I saw it amongs other woodies, special blend!

Smokey,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Hey Ed, the amboyna stem looks unbelievable. So when I first purchased my Mahoe stem it came with this tip that was too big for the zap, it was about the same diameter as a PD stem tip, and I was wondering if you have any more of those I would be interested in making an order of a decent amount of those. It really makes these stem hit better out of the PD.

Nebera,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nebera, thanks for the kind words bro, I do believe those are the best I have ever spun as far as true beauty! not sure what you mean by larger tips, I have always been using the same size tips, they are the 5/16" brass, I have never used anything different. Will the new Amboyna Tube you just got work with the PD now?

Hm, maybe because I was really reaming the tip with the deburing bit in my drill at that time, the inside of them would have gotten a slightly larger inner diameter. Aren't the brass that pokes out of the top of the Zap and the PD the same size?

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've used all of my wooden stems, from home.. from my Zap, at a friends house.. with his PD. They all fit in the same as they do at home!

Vitolo,

gvape

I HAVE a PD and NOT a ZAP and I use all of my wood stems in it just fine, so I am not quite sure what would be wrong. The only thing I could think of is that your not using the insert tip(bowl)?

gvape,

MG23

Relaxin'
My cocobolo tube fits inside of my PD, but not my friends Zap. It's a good possibility that over time heat expanded it just enough to where it could only fit the larger diameter of my PD.

MG23,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Yeah it really will not fit into a zap heat exchanger it so large, and it was this way since I received it. The tip definitely will only go in one way, as one end is larger than the other and it is the tightest fitting tip I own.
I just wanted more as I think it gets better hits than the regular tips.

Ed, words cannot describe this tube. It looks too good. Some gnarly two tone action going on.

Nebera,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have an idea of what may be going on.
You said it was an earlier stem you owned. I know each stem I get I get better at "crimping" one side slightly to make it fit.
On my very 1st one, I actually crimped the weed end a bit, and it was as snug as could be... a bit to snug (It gave great Zaps!). I since have perfected my crimp style.. but you might look at this concept. This may be what is going on.
(I am not suggesting that you do not "know your stuff".. I am sure you do, but to this day, my 1st tootie tip is a bit tight!) :)

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Out of all the stems I've gotten (and extra tips) from Ed, I've only had one occasion where the tip seemed too big for the Zap. I figured it was just "out of plumb" and needed crimping. I didn't mess with it since I had others to use. I'll have to dig that one out and see what gives. As a rule, they fit perfectly.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nebera said:
Ed, words cannot describe this tube. It looks too good. Some gnarly two tone action going on.

Thats what I like to hear, thats the kinda work I like to do! Thank you so much!

I was confused, it wasn't the tip at all, its actually the insert, I feel like its gotta be your crimp also, maybe that particular one just seats better, thats gotta be it.

I wish you all a safe a happy Independence Day!!!!

Ed's TnT,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ok, after your explanation I tried the large tip in the zap again. With some force I can get the tip most of the way in, but I wouldnt use it for the zap full time.
The tip on the right is the larger one.
photo6qd.jpg

And finally some pictures of the stems
photo5lt.jpg

Nebera,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nebera said:
Ok, after your explanation I tried the large tip in the zap again. ..
I have had to tweak one "problem tip" that I over adjusted once. I had to pinch it back and forth a few times to get it right.
The top part (that gets the herb), if slightly out of round is much harder to get perfectly round again, if it somehow got "pinched". This is because it has a shorter distance from the ring... therefore higher structural integrity.
** Beautiful collection by the way! :)

Vitolo,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Ed,

Just wanted to drop in and commend you on your work! The designs and grain patterns of the wood you spin never ceases to amaze me! That amboyna is really something :o

MajorDoobage,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, I have made some really sweet dugouts, Afzelia and Amboyna, some of these has void and bad spots that in the past I woulda had to trash, they have some of the richest red tones and bright eyes but have small chunks missing in the worst spots, hey smash some turquoise and pack em tight and slick em out! Wow they are super nice, its a trip to see the contrasting blue among the natural beauty, I really like these. Will try to get some photos of those up today. I do have some really nice pieces at the photographers for work, hes gonna try a different approach and loose the flowers in the background, think these will really depict these in a better light.

My freaking AC went out in my home early yesterday morning, the fan motor that blows air over the evaporator coil quit and now the relay is bad, that aint cool for this time of year here down here in Mississippi. Had to do the night at the Mom in laws and have my guy coming over this morning. If the wife aint happy, no one is happy! Needless to say I didnt get much a whole lot done.

I did get a nice slab of Sinker Cypress, its been at the bottom of the Chipola River in FL, laying there for over 200 years, cant wait to see it in person. Did get the Bocote in and have spun a few LB Stems from it, I will have those back in stock really soon, just got fit em.

Nebera, you have three inserts for the tubes, how many fit in both the Zap and the PD? Am I correct, all three fit in the PD and only one fits in the Zap but you have to force it? Nice collection you have there.

I appreciate you stopping by and sharing the kind words Major, you know those mean alot to me, thank you.

Kewpcer, I do have a few of those left, you had better get one soon bro, I know you wont regret it!

Should have those 2 styles of hemp tube holders in next week, the pocket and the roll-up. Am anxious to get them up, I dig the hemp and already have em working on other ideas for sacs for my dugouts and such.

I appreciate your info and help V, strange not to get you something out last week, had almost gotten used to it, I hope all is well your way.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks for remembering me!
I am trying to decide on a new stem, and I am stuck at the moment between two choices! (Black Walnut/Figured Walnut)
I will drop you a line. :)
Glad you are doing well in the wood acquisition department. I am still amazed by my Amboyna!
Talk soon!

Vitolo,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
Ed's TnT said:
Nebera, you have three inserts for the tubes, how many fit in both the Zap and the PD? Am I correct, all three fit in the PD and only one fits in the Zap but you have to force it? Nice collection you have there.

I have a couple more than three, but all are pretty much exactly the same, and fit perfectly in the Zap and work pretty well in the PD; except for that big goofy one. The larger tip *seems* to get better hits out of the PD than the other tips , but it could be my imagination. I think its due to the larger diameter. I use this tip exclusively for the PD

Nebera,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nebera said:
Ed's TnT said:

I have a couple more than three, but all are pretty much exactly the same, and fit perfectly in the Zap and work pretty well in the PD; except for that big goofy one. The larger tip *seems* to get better hits out of the PD than the other tips , but it could be my imagination. I think its due to the larger diameter. I use this tip exclusively for the PD

Well sir, I am perplexed, but if it works for ya, then work it!

I had my photographer do something different this time. How bout these Bocote Tubes?
BocoTubes2.jpg

Gonna be out in the shop the rest of the week spinning tubes, spent the first of the week blanking them out and boring em out for working em up! Gonna have some a couple new species that are really nice, cant wait to show you all. Also hoping to have the roll-ups and tube pockets available next week. Also gonna post some pics of the latest dugouts I have made in the Vapor Lounge, oh they are amazing, check em out!

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Because I thought I was moving, I had packed up my vapor tubes for the move. Ed, I swear... I saw your post with the Bocote pic and I started thinking, "Those are nice!" Good thing I checked my vapor box; I have one already! I gotta get a grip...

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
haha.. mom----> it was the new photo style that got you!
The new type of image that Ed'sTNT posted has become desirable to many sellers on the internet, to protect images from reproduction. I loved the colorful nature of Ed's original tube images, but regardless of format, Ed's tubes stand out!
These new images have no distraction from the tones of the wood., so we see the tubes with "new eyes"! :)

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
haha.. mom----> it was the new photo style that got you!
The new type of image that Ed'sTNT posted has become desirable to many sellers on the internet, to protect images from reproduction. I loved the colorful nature of Ed's original tube images, but regardless of format, Ed's tubes stand out!
These new images have no distraction from the tones of the wood., so we see the tubes with "new eyes"! :)

Ah yes Vito, that is what I was going for, no distractions, just simple, the wood says it all! My guy is doing it now with milky white plexiglass, it gives the product a hella reflection underneath, he wasn't able to capture it from the angle he shot at. Am gonna have him roll-it up some more to maybe a 45dregee so he is kinda up above it, that way you see the product with its eye popping reflection. I hope you all saw what I posted in the Vapor lounge, those pieces are the SHIT!!!

Hahahahahaa thats funny shit Mom, I would have liked to seen that look on your face, all of a sudden, what the hell?????? Hahahahhahah funny stuff.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ed's TnT said:
...... I hope you all saw what I posted in the Vapor lounge...
Damn.. I am a slow wit. I kind of am the sort of guy that sticks close to home. I never have been in the "Vapor Lounge".
You stuff looks great.. the Mango was spectacular!.. heck they all were. Made me wish I knew you back when I combusted!
Thank goodness you bring your artwork to Stems and tubes for Vapor. :lol:

Vitolo,
Top Bottom