Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hey Ed, just sent you the email :nod:

What does it means? Do you want to send your MV to Ed? I'm agree to do it but I'm very far of Ed and there is too much shipping cost and risks but if you do it Quetz I want to tell you thanks a lot!

PPN,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
What does it means? Do you want to send your MV to Ed? I'm agree to do it but I'm very far of Ed and there is too much shipping cost and risks but if you do it Quetz I want to tell you thanks a lot!

Quetzalcoatl meant something else PPN. I understand you not wanting to ship me your unit bro. It is a great distance and who knows what might happen. It could make it here with no problem but something could happen to it also. I would hate that!

Caligula

Maximus
@Ed's TnT do your stems for the Solo have various bowl sizes or are they basically all the same? And if so what is the bowl size like versus a stock Solo stem or a PV shorty? I'd really like a Shorty sized bowl if possible.

Last but not least are those Bog oak stems still around? This also begs the question... Other than appearance, what's the difference between say... Bog oak and the Blackwood?

Edit: I'm aware most of this info is probably in the tread but my phone isn't cooperating at the moment.

Last edited:
Caligula,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Caligula All my solo stems have the same bowl size which are at 1/2" depth x 1/2" ID. You can pack a solid load in em. I think they are maybe a little more than the stock stems and comparable to the PV. I still have a couplea three bog oak left. Not sure when I will have more. If you want a smaller bowl size I guess you could pack a small bowl and then put a screen on top of it to keep the herb in there. I hope I have been helpful and if you get an order in soon it ships tomorrow!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Caligula All my solo stems have the same bowl size which are at 1/2" depth x 1/2" ID. You can pack a solid load in em. I think they are maybe a little more than the stock stems and comparable to the PV. I still have a couplea three bog oak left. Not sure when I will have more. If you want a smaller bowl size I guess you could pack a small bowl and then put a screen on top of it to keep the herb in there. I hope I have been helpful and if you get an order in soon it ships tomorrow!
You can definitely pack as little or as much as you want in these wonderful stems. Conduction is effective from all sides of the oven through the entire circumference of the stem bowl, and convection adds to the effect all-the-more. Just use as Ed advises: pack desired amount of herb and hold in place with metal or glass screen. Simple and effective!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
IDK if I want to bother packing a screen on top of the bowl. I'm pretty lazy. How critical is that?
Not critical at all. It is easy to get a small pinch of herb to stay put while not spilling into the SS oven. Even if a few little flakes do fall, they're easy enough to just blow or swab out...good as new.

Caligula

Maximus
Thanks guys! Last question. Is there any real difference between the different woods other than aesthetics? Flavor or something?

Caligula,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
As for as difference it may just be in my head but I like the denser woods. The grain is tighter in the blackwood than the rest. The cocobolo is close. I feel the denser the wood the crisper the vapor is, but once the wood is seasoned they will all be close in similarities. I also like the dense wood like the blackwood for its lustrous finish. Looks and feels like glass. Hope I have been helpful!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning everyone, I hope all is well out there. I spent the last week doing some quality time with the family. I didnt do hardly any wood work at all. Oh I had lots to do but just really wasnt feeling it so I spent some good times with the wife and kids. We just had deer season open for youth this past saturday, so I got my oldest out and gave it a try. We didnt have any luck but we sure had fun just being in the woods. My oldest turned 12 today! Its a trip, he is getting so big so fast. He is gonna be a real heart breaker one day too, I cant wait for the girls to start chasing him. I have some of the best moments in my life with my kids!

As I said I have alot to do so will give it hell this week for sure, gotta try and make a showing!

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Hello Ed, a question for you (may be you already answered it in these thread... )
After sanding, do you put something on your stems? An oil or something like that?
Thanks for the answer!
And you are true, family is a very important thing in life!:)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Aezhenn, thanks for your understanding bro, family is what I do all this work for! I try like we all do for our kids to give them everything I didn't have when I was a kid.

I put a mineral oil/ beeswax finish that i make myself on the wood after its been finish sanded. It really penetrates and adds a lustrous finish. I do sell some also, only have a little left though, Bomb Ass Butter! Its great for any wood.

Curiousone

I put a mineral oil/ beeswax finish that i make myself on the wood after its been finish sanded. It really penetrates and adds a lustrous finish. I do sell some also, only have a little left though, Bomb Ass Butter! Its great for any wood.

Thanks for this...I was curious about what would be best to use until I visited your site and noticed that you sell BAB. I wondered what was in it...now I know!

Still loving my Blackwood stem...haven't used the stock one since I got it! Peace

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the answer Ed, I was curious to know what do you use for the wonderful finish of your stems!
Now, like Curiousone, I know! :clap:

Aezhenn,
Reactions: Snappo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@MileHighLife glad to hear you are enjoying that piece! It was fun to make. Really short for what I am used to but looked really cool! Thanks for the post bro and for stopping by!

Well I have been super busy in the shop the last few days, been putting dugouts together trying to get caught up. Put a 165 together, now just gotta route em and bore em so I can sand em and get em ready for sale. I am working on some of the best two tone amboyna burl I have worked yet! These are gonna be super classy pieces and I cant wait to show you all what they look like.

Havent had much luck hunting with the kids yet but we are giving it hell. You cant kill anything sitting at home! We have been in the woods as much as we can. I have a really nice 15' buddy stand in a great location where my oldest son got his first buck but its not really producing this year. Gonna make a move to a different spot and hope we get on the right trail. Need to do some more scouting to find signs of action. Its still really early in the season though so we have plenty of time. Its starting to get cold here, had frost on my windshield for a few mornings now. Went to the store and got my kids a big bag of hot-hands. They are small bags that you shake up and they make a chemical reaction that gets hot when you shake em. Gotta keep these youngens bundled up and warm at all costs!

I hope all is well out there and wish you all the best!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Maine420 Hello and thank you for your business. I got your order in Monday night, not sure why the bank has it on hold, I have processed it on my end. It will ship first of next week. I am gonna be in the shop as much as possible the rest of today and this week. Thanks again and I wish you all the best!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning out there, hope everyone had a great time with family and friends over the Thanksgiving holiday! I really enjoyed ours, been eating turkey sandwiches for a couple of days. Been doing a little hunting with my kids also, still hadnt had any luck but been spending great quality time with the kids. Been slammed working on dugouts, should be on them for another week and then back on solo stems. There is always something to do at eds tnt. I have gotten another slab of bog oak and have a lot of great cocobolo I need to work in. Should be some sweet pieces.

I hope all is well out there and wish everyone the best!

Top Bottom