Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi @Ed's TnT. Late night in the lab for me. I've been alternating between a super shorty acrylic stem for out and about, and your stem for more leisure sessions around the house.

Still love it! It cools the vapor enough that it can be a bit deceptive ;) I keep catching myself looking at all the stripes on it :)

Thanks again, man! Definitely worth the purchase. I've got a few ideas I've been kicking around lately, wanted to see what you thought of it. I'll pm you some time tomorrow and we can talk.

DRspetT.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Right on Quetzalcoatl I am glad you are still enjoying that piece. I had been holding onto that piece of Maple for a while just for making LB stems, it is super curly with stripes all over it. I turned some really nice pieces from it. Still have quite a few more blanks I can make more from. I gotta say for all the different species I turn on the lathe that the Maple is one of my favorites. PM me and I'd be more than happy to kick around some of your ideas bro! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Julien–

Hello,

Ed crafted a special stem for me. Special because of its beauty, but also because it works marvellously with my Wychwood Vaporizer. During the whole process, Ed's been the kindest and I thought a picture would be a modest but nice token of my gratitude.

Ed%27s%20TnT%20x%20Wychwood%20Vaporizer.jpg

Thank you again for everything you did. It was and still is appreciated greatly. Wish you all the best.

spoutti

I just received my bog oak stem. Thanks Ed!. Nice work. It fitss perfectly without oring. Give a little subtle extra taste. I think i prefer the feeling of wood to glass, but i will have to try more bowls. But the look! Im sure i like it more with that nice black wooden stem compared to that crack pipe glass stem look. I would qualify the airflow between stock stem and pvhes, closer to pvhes than stock stem. As for my concerns regarding the tight fit. Well, I will give it a few days of usage and come back with my findings. I will use 1 solo exclusively with your stem, night times because of the bigger bowl :ko:, and compare my pvhes fit in both my solos.

But now, I cant wait to use the bigger bowl feature tonight :smug:

biiuCiy.jpg

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I just received my bog oak stem. Thanks Ed!. Nice work. It fitss perfectly without oring. Give a little subtle extra taste. I think i prefer the feeling of wood to glass, but i will have to try more bowls. But the look! Im sure i like it more with that nice black wooden stem compared to that crack pipe glass stem look. I would qualify the airflow between stock stem and pvhes, closer to pvhes than stock stem. As for my concerns regarding the tight fit. Well, I will give it a few days of usage and come back with my findings. I will use 1 solo exclusively with your stem, night times because of the bigger bowl :ko:, and compare my pvhes fit in both my solos.But now, I cant wait to use the bigger bowl feature tonight :smug:

biiuCiy.jpg
spoutti - I've been loving my Bog Oak shorty stem every day since I received it. Use it from temp levels 3-7. No problems at all with heat and silicon seal atop the oven. All I can say is...I LOVE IT!!! It draws easy like a PVHES, and cool (even for a shorty)! Of course, as I've stated before, I love the snug secure fit, stunning looks, and no worries pocket travel. I also love the large capacity of the bowl, which I can cap off and store for later use. A+++!!!

spoutti

Good thing you influenced me getting this stem snappo. gotta a thank you because I think Im slowly falling in love too :love:. I feel its adding nice feelings in the mouth. It smoothened the kinda sour taste of my jeanguy.

As for fit of my pvhes. What happened is the black seal lifted a micro mm. Just like with reg use. It happened to both my solos before i understood the oring addonn. The "my stem is looser but draws better" that happen to every user. But using the oring annonn push the black seal perfectly back i its place with use. Happened to both my solos.

Man i need to pace myself! I cant wait to see the new mouth feelings i get with my other herbs :science:

tl;dr
Im slowly falling in love with my bog oak stem
pvhes draws the same after with oring addonn, but the black seal got a bit out of its fittings, just like with normal use of stock stems. To put it back like new, use your solo with an oring addonn.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good thing you influenced me getting this stem snappo. gotta a thank you because I think Im slowly falling in love too :love:. I feel its adding nice feelings in the mouth. It smoothened the kinda sour taste of my jeanguy.

As for fit of my pvhes. What happened is the black seal lifted a micro mm. Just like with reg use. It happened to both my solos before i understood the oring addonn. The "my stem is looser but draws better" that happen to every user. But using the oring annonn push the black seal perfectly back i its place with use. Happened to both my solos.

Man i need to pace myself! I cant wait to see the new mouth feelings i get with my other herbs :science:

tl;dr
Im slowly falling in love with my bog oak stem
pvhes draws the same after with oring addonn, but the black seal got a bit out of its fittings, just like with normal use of stock stems. To put it back like new, use your solo with an oring addonn.
Don't forget to add Ed's shorty Bog Oak stem to your signature. It's a status symbol!!!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good deal Spoutti, glad it made it there and you are really enjoying it, thats what its all about. If you're happy, I am happy! Thanks for posting your feelings and the pic! Pls let me know if I can ever do anything else for you bro.

Snappo, thanks for your part in Spoutti's decision, I am glad you convinced him! Also like to hear your rocking the BO shorty as much as you are. Just cause they are short doesnt mean you sacrifice bowl size, there is just as much room in the shorty as there is in the larger. I wish you well and all the best!

Alright so I have been in the shop ripping and chopping granadillo getting ready to turn these into solo stems the rest of the week. I have some really nice pieces of it this batch. The blanks have alot of streaks of golden tones and rich dark heartwood, I am anxious to turn em and put a finish on them. I am still buying up wood here and there, got another small shipment coming in this week. I love getting wood, you never know exactly what the pieces will look like til you have em in your hands. Seems I am running out of room in the wood shop for all the freaking lumber I have obtained recently.

Hope all is well out there and wanna thank you all for your interest and appreciation in my work! It really does mean alot to me that people are satisfied with all my effort and hard work, thanks for being a part of Ed's TnT!

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
Happy cow here, my bog oak stem arrived, just in time before my haloween birhtday whole day off festivity tomorrow.
Saving it and planning to only use that special and certified stem on a special round birthday (love gettin old) with a magically old stem !
Looks so beautifully crafted, really compliments the great wood.
I guess it's different to work with then normal wood ?

Thanks Ed!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Glad to hear it made it vakedcow, just in time for your bday! Congratulations and happy birthday! I am happy you dig it. The BO is a soft wood and takes just a little more patience than what I normally turn. Push to hard and you can take off too much when turning. Its a fun wood to work. All you see is black at first until you look really hard into the grain, then you can see tones of other colors.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Snappo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Damn thats alot of wood Vito! Thanks for stopping by and the post bro, I hope all is well your way. I had forgot about that you had so many stems. You really have some choice pieces, I really dig that Amboyna Burl stem! I am glad to see you are still rocking all that wood. I wish you the best!

I have been in the shop the last few days turning more granadillo solo stems trying to get caught up before I have to start back making dugouts. I got a bunch done and even a couple of custom pieces. I made a super short 1 1/2" Blackwood Solo Wong/stem, its really a sweet piece. I didnt get a chance to take any pics of it. Maybe the guy thats getting it from here will post some. I have been buying so much wood lately its freaking crazy. My UPS guy is really hating it. I have more wood than I have room for it atm. I just spent another $500 on granadillo and cocobolo. I found this great dealer that has a bunch of Nicaraguan Cocobolo. Its a very dry region where this wood was grown. The grain is very tight with lots a swirls and even a few burls. I am super excited to get it! The cost has gone up on me for it but is well worth it. The pieces that will come from this wood will be some of the best yet. I have seen pics of the wood, but you know that pics dont do em any justice. Went to the big city last night with the wife and spent some really good time with her. We did some shopping and ate a great dinner. It was good to get out for a bit just the two of us. Taking time like that was well worth it!

All is good and I hope the same for you all as well!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Glad to hear you're busy, Ed! Vito, that's a lot of stems!! But I saw you in a recent video looking very healthy :) good to see!

Ed, sorry I didn't get to email you yet, I'm drawing up something right now for you.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Ed, did you created a stem for the Minivap?

I think it's a good idea if the stem is not on the cone but on the cap for a better airflow and a WonG on the same idea will be a nice improvement to be able to use it hand free with water.

I hope you can get a solution because the MV is a very good device and needs your work!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning Quetzalcoatl, take your time bro, get with me when you are ready! I have plenty to do right now. I do look forward to your thoughts though.

PPN, the minivap looks kinda like the solo. Does it perform similarly? I need to see more images of the unit, itd be nice to really have a unit to work with if I am able to help. Pls tell me more and I will give it some thought. Thanks for your interest in my work!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
PPN, the minivap looks kinda like the solo. Does it perform similarly? I need to see more images of the unit, itd be nice to really have a unit to work with if I am able to help. Pls tell me more and I will give it some thought. Thanks for your interest in my work!

Thanks for your fast reply Ed, I can't compare my MV to the Solo (I never try it). The issue is that the original stem is too short for me and the vapor is too hot, so I use the original silicone tubing which fit on the silicone cone (as the mp), but it don't stay in place if you move, a longer and solid wood stem could stay in place better and could be beautifull....

I'm agree to send you my MV but I live in France but if you can't find another I'll send it to you!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I understand! Wow this thing is expensive, I had no idea! I just googled it and found it for $500. I just had some folks want me to make something for the FW. The guy who suggested it was also from france I think. He got in the FW thread and suggested the idea there and before I knew it I had another great guy here in the states send me one to work with. Its a loner and has been great to work with. If you cant find me one locally, you may wanna send me yours. Not sure if you wanna part with it for a few weeks. Give it some thought and we will go from there. I think I may be able to do something for it though.

Top Bottom