Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ah, for some reason I just figured it was the firewood ;) since it's a hand made wood vape, I just made an assumption that was what you were hinting at. My bad...

jambandphan03,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning out there! I have been busy in the shop turning out new stuff as I said, wanted to show off a couple new species.

Mayan Walnut
2013-06-01173106_zpsd0d95042.jpg

Purpleheart
2013-06-01173045_zps27e0061a.jpg

Hope you all dig em. They have been a lot of fun to turn something different. I have a couple weeks left to spin more solo stems then may have a week or two of slow time. I am hoping to get a little time to work on my own vape. I have gotten a little enthusiasm lately for it and would like to give it another go. Got some good feelings about it and look forward to working on it again. I wish you all the best!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Looks awesome Ed. Are they officially in stock?

They are not, these will be going to Vaporisateur.net and can be purchased through them. These are exclusive to them. I hope you will give them a few weeks to get em listed and then pick one up. Thanks for your interest!

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
They are not, these will be going to Vaporisateur.net and can be purchased through them. These are exclusive to them. I hope you will give them a few weeks to get em listed and then pick one up. Thanks for your interest!

Nice work, will wait for them :clap:

Can I hope that I'm just to vaped to find the "English" button on the website or should I consult my french speaking brother-in-law becaue I am only tri languaged? :spliff:

vakedcow,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Nice work, will wait for them :clap:

Can I hope that I'm just to vaped to find the "English" button on the website or should I consult my french speaking brother-in-law becaue I am only tri languaged? :spliff:

Its french on my pc also bro, not sure how to change it.

Ed's TnT,
Hi Ed - just a bit of feedback for you.

Looking at your work over the past month or so I have been really impressed and you seem like a great guy as well.

Anyway here is my gripe. You mentioned on 7/5 that the Solo stems should be back in stock in a couple of weeks. I have been waiting patiently and checking your website regularly because I didn't want to miss out. I was planning on ordering one each of all the stems you have in stock. It is now 5/6 and still nothing. No problem there. I realize your process takes time and from your pics it is plain to see you have been hard at it. Anyway, the Granadillo stems are in stock now at vaporwhatever.net. Yes it is extremely frustrating that the website is not in English but I managed. Finally though, these motherfuckers will not deliver to my address. Fuck :(

Anyway, if you are able to sell your products in bulk then obviously this is great for you. I will never begrudge anyone making a few bucks but I am shit out of luck. So far as I can tell there is no way for me to get one of your stems.

Sorry to whine and carry on but I am just very dissapointed that I can't get some of your stems. By the way, I also think your prices are way too low. I would happily pay up to $100 for these stems. The appear to be worth it even though they do seem rarer than unicorns.

Mr. Gweilo 420,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Gweilo, I am really sorry to hear your frustrations bro! Believe me I am working as hard as possible to get these done. I know I told ya a couple weeks ago that they should be back in stock by now but am telling you a couple more weeks now. I am a one man show, and keeping up with the demand for these has really become tough. I have had issues with my metal guy draggin his feet and not being able to get his work done as quickly as I would like. Another issue that has delayed me is the metal itself. The ID of the tubing has changed some from stick to stick. I am supposed to get it at .495" and what has shown up has been .510" I am unable to turn the wood until I have gotten the metal. This has set me back a little also. Seems the mill will have a slight tolerance on the ID. It may vary some from piece to piece. The OD of the SS is right where it needs to be to be sold and does not vary at all. I am giving it hell bro and am doing all I can to make these happen. Vaporisateur.net has become my EU distributor and did get a whole bunch from me this last batch. I have a few stores here in the US that are waiting for me to get more done also. I really appreciate your interest in my work and wanting to get your hands on some as soon as possible. Pls pls hang in there with me, making you happy is my #1 goal!

I am gonna have the wood turned and finished this week, then they will be off for the pin install. That will probably take one week. So I should have these available in 2. I am not gonna have the Cocobolo or Blackwood this batch as what I have all turned is too small for the SS bushings I have now. I just made an order for more SS this last week and had the guy at the factory get the pieces as close to .495" as possible. Believe me this is what frustrates me, having all this wood turned and ready to go but the metal is too large for the pieces!

I am also in the midst of doing some growing, I am on the edge of buying another shop and metal lathe/mill combo so that I can do my own metal work. I have outgrown the new shop I got a couple years ago and really have to take a big leap of faith to take on more work.

Pls all bear with me and pray that I can keep up with all the changes! I am doing my best!

vakedcow

oh I oversaw that they already have Granadillo, thanks Mr. Gweilo for mentioning it, pls check you inbox. Maybe I can assist in getting you one ;)

Ed, that sounds tough and great at the same time. Best of luck and I trust your doing best will work great :)

To vakedcow - hey thanks so much. Will get back to you through your inbox :)

To Ed - Wow Ed!! After reading about everything you are doing I'm so sorry to have gone off on a bit of a rant. To be honest I don't think many of us could have realized just how much goes into these beautiful pieces of yours.

Don't worry I will wait patiently and plot a way to get hold of some. I saw a picture of Vitolo's collection of wooden stems recently (back on about page 35 I think) and I thought that looked pretty great. Sooner or later, by hook or by crook I will acquire as many of these beatutiful stems as I can! :)

By the way Ed, I really think you are making the right decision to grow your business. From what I can tell you are the only person in the world producing these custom Solo pieces and I did see you had made some for Iolites and of course you do MFLB stems as well. I don't know how to explain it really but to me you are onto a winner. It seems there is greater demand than supply at the moment which can't be bad for business either. You can't really put a price on something when it has been created with love and care.

Anyway, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know what is going on and I will look forward to the day I can get one of your stems. Cheers man.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning all, I hope all is well out there! I have been down for the last couple of days had to go under the knife for a small procedure but all is well now, just got a little healing to do.

I want to update everyone on the status of solo stems, I have the bunch off to my metal guy for the pin install and will have them available for purchase this coming week. I will let everyone here know as soon as they go live! I do wanna say I appreciate everyones interest and patients while I have been dealing with manufacturing issues. I have my metal guy starting on 500 bushings as soon as he gets the pins installed on this latest batch. I really really wanna take the metal work on myself and hope to this year. I have to do some searching around and find a building at a good price and have it wired before I can buy a metal lathe. I have found a bad ass metal lathe and am anxious to get it. With the metal lathe I will be able to do so much more and offer a wide range of new stuff. I am looking forward to doing this and have alot of great ideas for some new ventures!

Mr. Gwelio, I really appreciate your understanding and patients most of all! Thanks for the post and I look forward to your thoughts of my work when you get a piece in your hands.

Thanks Vakedcow for stepping in there and working with Mr. Gwelio, I appreciate that and your kind words! You are the man!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
good news about the metal work, best wishes to your future projects! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :tup:

jambandphan03,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, thank you for the best wishes Jam! I am super stoked about the metal lathe. I spent a little time on the phone yesterday with the tech at Grizzly discussing the capabilities of the lathe and the possibilities are endless. This thing is gonna have a milling attachment on it as well so there you go, more options. I am going to buy another building this week, I thought I was gonna have a few months before I had to do this but found one at such a great deal I cant pass it up. Its really a trip, I started all this about 6 years ago in a small shop with only a 4' florescent light, working alot of nights with no heat or AC sweating or freezing my ass off with nothing but a drill press, a small table saw, and a small sander. I have come along way since those days. About to have three buildings, a storage building, a wood shop, and now a metal shop! Now I just gotta figure out how to clone myself a couple of times!!!

Alright so Granadillo Solo Stems are back in stock at my website. I am sorry I dont have any other species ready at the moment. I had already turned all the cocobolo and blackwood to a certain size OD, I got the SS from the mill at a slightly larger ID. Not cool at all! All the pieces I turned are off by a few .000" and will not fit tight in the bushing. I have my guy working on another batch of 500 bushing and the guy at the metal place guaranteed me they would get the tubing as close to size as I need it. So wont have any other species until I get the next bunch of bushings in a few weeks. I did order a bunch more blackwood and cocobolo so when they do make it in stock I should have plenty for a little while. The Mayan Walnut and Purpleheart Solo Stems will be off to vaporisateur.net this week so you should be able to get them soon.

Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me, I know things dont move as fast as we'd like, but nothing good ever happens in a hurry!

vakedcow

Hi Ed,

Hope recovery from you small procedure went well.

Great to read about your progress from a small beginning, congratulations !
and remeber step by step makes it go :D

Should get my first stem from France soon, will watch patiently for more from there and on your website.

Thanks for the update Ed and all the best.

vakedcow,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Oh yes, the procedure went well. I was hesitant about it at first. I am always the guy to expect the worst. Havent suffered any down time at all and am healing nicely! Thanks for the congrats bro and keep an eye for whats to come, only good things my man, only good things!

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Good to hear you now have a metal lathe Ed. So nice to be able to just make anything you need by yourself. No more waiting. The real fun is making all the tools necessary for using the lathe. You will be amazed at how precisely you can turn wood. It will allow you to make a press fit of your metal bowls to the wood stems. Drilling the wood tubes will also be so much easier.

Happy turning.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
The more I use it the more I love it! Ed's Wood stem for the Solo: Holds in place tight (whole unit together can be lifted from the stem)! Screened with ring clip! Draws sublime compared to the OEM! Looks real good mounted! Raises the bar on the whole experience!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thats what i am talking about Snappo! Glad you are enjoying it, thanks for stopping by and sharing your story!

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thats what i am talking about Snappo! Glad you are enjoying it, thanks for stopping by and sharing your story!
Your product actually delivers satisfaction. Glass-on-glass has nothing over your stems! I discern no diff in flavor. Tip fits perfectly in my DG Micro Friited Bubbler for on-the-go w/o adptr. It doesn't break in your pocket! Ha! All else in this regard has been retired. Go Ed's!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks again Snappo!

How bout it Andy, hope all is well bro! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a blast at the cup, enjoy it.

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom