Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hi Ed, I have one of your granadillo stems at home and would like to own Bog oak piece. Are you going to make it? If yes, should I ask (and pay, of course) for some extra screens? Here in the Czech republic are no this size and the pieces you sent with the stem fit well. Thank for your fantastic work!

Hello Boss and thanks for the biz! I had hoped to have made some Bog Oak pieces by now but just havent had the wood to do so. I need to get more but the cost is really high and finding it in the sizes needed is just as tough. Its mostly found just under where I need it to be to spin them. I like a little extra work, most are just too small. The screens are simply 1/2" and can be found here on Ebay there is nothing special about em. I appreciate you and kind words and hope I have been helpful. I wish you all the best and nothing but good times with your stem.

Ed's TnT,

DevRev

Wow, congrats Ed! Having this amount of ppl wanting your product is a great thing, I own two stems from awhile back now and can't recommend them enough.

I too have a Purple Days vape and didn't realize the demand for stems for that product has fallen off. Do you have any others laying around? If not, I need to take extra good care of the two I've got!

Thanks for your products regardless :)

DevRev,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning and thanks DevRev for your kind words! I am glad you are still digging the pieces you got from me! Have been in the shop spinning the last of the LB Stems and working on the trying to get the Solo Stems back in stock. Just got a bunch of Blackwood blanks in and some really nice Cocobolo as well.

I am sorry to say I no longer have any stems left for the PD or CRZ, the demand for them had not been that great. I dont even offer them anymore. So if you do have a couple you better take care of em!

I hope all is well out there!

goatgobaahh

Ed,

I love this wooden stem, I think I'll have a problem keeping my drool off of it = ). I love the fresh wood smell of it. I gotta read the whole thread and find out how to clean this/get all the resin out.

Thank you for your hard work, reasonable price point, and FAST shipping!!

Curiousone

^^ I don't have one and I'm going off the top of my head...but I think you can push metal piece out...Iso soak that and just wipe down the wooden part (do not soak it)

Curiousone,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed,

I love this wooden stem, I think I'll have a problem keeping my drool off of it = ). I love the fresh wood smell of it. I gotta read the whole thread and find out how to clean this/get all the resin out.

Thank you for your hard work, reasonable price point, and FAST shipping!!

Hello and thanks for your appreciation for my work Goat, not sure which stem you got from me, maybe a solo stem? If so like Curiousone said, never ever soak the wood! You can take a small skewer or something similar and push out the screen, then get a cotton swab and soak in ISO then squeeze out the excess, push through the inside of the stem several times to remove the resin. Then let it dry. You can do this several times til its all clean and good to go! Hope this helps and wish you the best with it!

Ed's TnT,

goatgobaahh

I ended up getting the Flame Maple Stem MFLB stem. It comes with a little wire lookin brush. You guys talkin I would have to push out the screen on my LB?

I used this thing a bit today and god damn Ed you do fine work! Pulls so nice and matches my LB.

goatgobaahh,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

DevRev

Good morning and thanks DevRev for your kind words! I am glad you are still digging the pieces you got from me! Have been in the shop spinning the last of the LB Stems and working on the trying to get the Solo Stems back in stock. Just got a bunch of Blackwood blanks in and some really nice Cocobolo as well.

I am sorry to say I no longer have any stems left for the PD or CRZ, the demand for them had not been that great. I dont even offer them anymore. So if you do have a couple you better take care of em!

I hope all is well out there!

Yep I've got two for my PD clone, will take good care of them!

It was time for a new vape and after looking around I went with the Solo to replace my MFLB as my portable/travel vape, so count me in as someone anxiously waiting for your new batch of Solo stems :)

Keep up the amazing work Ed!

DevRev,
Reactions: Ed's TnT

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I ended up getting the Flame Maple Stem MFLB stem. It comes with a little wire lookin brush. You guys talkin I would have to push out the screen on my LB?

I used this thing a bit today and god damn Ed you do fine work! Pulls so nice and matches my LB.

Thats what I am talking about Goat, glad you like using the piece! I thought you may have gotten a solo stem so you would have to push the screen out. But you got an LB stem so all you have to do is dip the pipe cleaner I sent along with the stem in some ISO, squeeze out the excess then push through the stem, let it dry and you should be good to go. Repeat this process as need to clean to the stem. A little maintenance goes along way!

Keep an eye out Dev, I will post here when the solo stems are ready, should only be a few more weeks.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

Prof77

Hey Ed, I Have a Solo and a Plenty and have tried to purchase stems from ur website with no luck. I am in S.E. Asia so no retailers around here to go to - is there any other way to purchase ur beautiful stems online with a cc?

P77

Prof77,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey Ed, I Have a Solo and a Plenty and have tried to purchase stems from ur website with no luck. I am in S.E. Asia so no retailers around here to go to - is there any other way to purchase ur beautiful stems online with a cc?

P77

Hello, am sorry to say you cant buy one at the moment, am all outa stock for solo stems. I should have them back in stock in a few weeks. I would like to encourage you to check back with me in a couple for an update. I working really hard to make them happen, pls hang in there with me!

ToxicShade

Where am I?
Hey Ed, Might i suggest perhaps making some stems for the Solo that are Half the size in length for a little more stealth. Kinda like the Solo Stealth Adapter Stem but in wood. I would defiantly purchase that.

ToxicShade,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hey Ed, Might i suggest perhaps making some stems for the Solo that are Half the size in length for a little more stealth. Kinda like the Solo Stealth Adapter Stem but in wood. I would defiantly purchase that.

I have made a few of these in the past but just a few, some folks said they didnt like the heat temps they got out of the solo with the short wooden stems. I dont mind it so cause I still combust at times but others have said they dont dig it.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vitolo

AA95101

Hello Boss and thanks for the biz! I had hoped to have made some Bog Oak pieces by now but just havent had the wood to do so. I need to get more but the cost is really high and finding it in the sizes needed is just as tough. Its mostly found just under where I need it to be to spin them. I like a little extra work, most are just too small. The screens are simply 1/2" and can be found here on Ebay there is nothing special about em. I appreciate you and kind words and hope I have been helpful. I wish you all the best and nothing but good times with your stem.
If u have a little bog oak left can u cut them into shorter stems? I hate to see it go to waste!

AA95101,

AA95101

Have u ever considered using the amboyna burl for a stem? It's crazy beautiful, I would definitely pay extra for that! Or the Cali buckeye burl? Wow!!

AA95101,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Have u ever considered using the amboyna burl for a stem? It's crazy beautiful, I would definitely pay extra for that! Or the Cali buckeye burl? Wow!!

I have made one from amboyna burl, still have it. Its two tone, really bright burl eyes, its a show stopper!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think burl is my favorite too, so much personality. I am actually looking into turning wood, just starting the education process, watching how to vids, to see if it's really something I want to try. I like to take on these kinds of crafting projects now and then. I almost got to learn to weld in high school, but sadly the teacher felt there were too many students in the class he wouldn't trust handling a torch, I was the only one who got to put my hands on one, so we learned to make lead weights and rubber worms instead :\. I do like to know how to do stuff myself, and this looks like one of those skills I can wrap my head around. Watching them peel the layers off the wood reminds me of when I was working with clay on a spinning wheel. Of course that is another animal all together, but the way the tool would dig out grooves was very reminiscent of pulling and manipulating the spinning clay. I still have a lot to learn, about working with wood in general. My housemate has a small lathe that I might be able to turn very small pieces on, maybe make a few Wongs or stems for my HI or something. I still need to learn about finishing the wood out as well. I want to keep it as natural as possible, but need the wood to last. I'm sure I will find what I need to know in time. I don't know if I would even be inspired to look into this skill if it had not been for vaping and getting into the wood stems, log vapes etc... Thanks for all your hard work Ed, and all the inspiration for me to possibly learn a valuable skill.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
O my god please take my money!!! Ru willing to sell it?

Send me an email and lets talk about it.

Jam i am sure you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Turning is alota fun, taking what mother nature made and turning it into something useful is the shit. Its all in the eye and a good micrometer.

Vitolo

Vaporist
One of my favorites, to be certain!
Photoon2011-06-29at10403.jpg

*note: The above stem is an older type made for the AromaZap.
It is not for use with the current vapes that Ed's is designing stems for...
but an excellent example of his work with Amboyna Burl.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow Vito is that is still one of the most beautiful zap stems I ever made! Thanks for the post!

Thats what I am talking about Jam, when you put that kinda blank on the lathe you know its gonna be something when its all done, you know by looking at it in its raw form that its gonna be a nice piece, but its still raw and you hope it turns well and doesnt break apart during turning, you have turned it down to what you need with the gouge and the skew, your putting the sand paper on it and then the steel wool, you turn off the lathe and really get a good look at what you have made and its like DAMN, thats a freaking beautiful piece! You cant wait to take it to the buffer and then hit it with some butter. Its like POW! Thats alota fun and what turning is about for me! I hope you will try it and look forward to what ever you are able to do yourself.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
well Ed, the wood is speaking to me, I am getting many visions of wood grains, and burl eyes floating through my head. It is very reminiscent of that experience I get when out in the woods hunting for edible mushrooms... once you tune into them, you start to see them everywhere, and then you are in the "mushroom zone" as if you are one with their vibrations. That is happening right now when I think about turning wood, selecting it... etc... I love it when new inspiration hits. I just hope this one sticks around a while and isn't a fleeting fancy. I was thinking of starting small, and getting a few pen blanks just to get me started... I still have a lot of research to do.

Any woods I should avoid as a newbie??

Top Bottom