Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thank you JBP, I just got the shipping conf. email, its on its way! I get so excited to when awaiting wood, its like being on the list for a HI! Oh I know what its like waiting on wood, its tough at times, esp. when you having it coming from way around the world through so many hands, its scary at times even.

Just got pics back from my guy! He does a great job.

South American Granadillo

GranadilloSoloVaporStem3.jpg

GranadilloSoloVaporStem2.jpg

And I now have these available at my site also, Mexican Cocobolo

CocoboloSoloStems1.jpg

CocoboloSoloStems2.jpg

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ed, that two tone cocobolo is fantastic. You know how I love that cocobolo.. :lol:

Great job on these Solo stems. :tup:

momofthegoons,

sektr

Interested in a bog oak Solo stem, my only question is in regards to the screen.

On your site it says they have an internal screen retention mechanism. Does this mean the screen cannot be removed/replaced? If so, how would you go about cleaning it given this is a wooden stem and can't just be dropped in ISO (or can it?).

sektr,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Interested in a bog oak Solo stem, my only question is in regards to the screen.

On your site it says they have an internal screen retention mechanism. Does this mean the screen cannot be removed/replaced? If so, how would you go about cleaning it given this is a wooden stem and can't just be dropped in ISO (or can it?).

Good morning and thanks for your inquiry, the stems have a 1/2" internal retaining clip installed just over the screen so it doesnt fall out. I provide a 1/4" Red Oak ram rod to be used for pushing through and removing the screen and clip. I add a 3 extra screens also with each purchase so you have replacements. You can use the stems with or with out the clips but I suggest using the clips when you are on the go, you dont want the screen falling out and not being able to use it. Cleaning shouldnt be a big deal, yes you would never want to submerge the wood. I suggest soaking a couple pipe cleaners or cotton ball in ISO or what have you, squeeze out the excess or shake it off then simply push through the tube. Any oils could then be vaped back in the unit just by pacing the cotton in the stem. This should work well for ya. I only have about a dozen or so left for a couple weeks til the new stuff gets here so you might better make it happen.

Thanks JBP, glad you got it on one! Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Have something already for the heat and storage of the Solo stems you all might be interested in. Had these made a while back for the CRZ tubes but they fit the Solo Stems really well, you can easily hold 3 in the Hippy and 3 in the small Roll-Ups, even have a 6 pocket Roll-up.

Hippy
image10641.jpg

Roll-Up
image36281.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Very nice video Vito, very nice! Oh hey by the way, your check is in the mail! LOL! Thanks for doing that, you are THE MAN!

Just ordered more granadillo and have some African Blackwood coming also. The granadillo has a mix of heartwood and sapwood, very nice contrast with the vibrant heartwood to the creamy sapwood. Cant wait to work it. The Blackwood will make a great match for the Solo, some of you have the blackwood CRZ tubes and know how well they finish, super sleek like the cocobolo and very dense just the same. Cant wait for the shipment, feels like Christmas when I see the UPS guy pulling up!

Hope all is well out there, doing a virtual tradeshow tomorrow at Facebook, first time I have ever heard of such, its crazy what all can be done through the net.

Ed's TnT,
Reactions: Vicki

u bwade wunner

jeez Vito .nice clouds.im travelling to the west coast in November for a few weeks,where Im gonna try every strain I can:lol: .Will i need a licence to try U.S stuff ? or will I need to meet john shaft?

back on topic.just posted the fix we talked about yesterday Ed, over on the solo thread.so far its solid.Ive had it on 7 for several cycles with no issues.time will tell.did you use flavoured wax on the bog oak for polishing?.Its so tasty.my wife reckons it smells peaty.
Im offf to the market for some hippie trippy shopping coffees and tunes. under the trees in Eumundi.have a pleasant day everyone.

u bwade wunner,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
back on topic.just posted the fix we talked about yesterday Ed, over on the solo thread.so far its solid.Ive had it on 7 for several cycles with no issues.time will tell.did you use flavoured wax on the bog oak for polishing?.Its so tasty.my wife reckons it smells peaty.
Im offf to the market for some hippie trippy shopping coffees and tunes. under the trees in Eumundi.have a pleasant day everyone.

Glad you made it work bro, I have begun turning the Stems with a deep groove in the upper end of the wood shaft so that a extra amount of weld maybe applied so there is sufficient grip. I think I will also look into adding the hemp fiber as a shim when making them and just before the weld. Thanks for the post there at the solo thread am on my way to check it out now.

Yes I use my Peach Bomb Ass Butter when finishing the pieces, feel it give them a really glossy shine and has a pleasant fragrance. I love the smell of fresh peaches! Thats sure a sweet smell of the South!

Really dig your last post above Vito, you are the MAN!

u bwade wunner

hey Ed

if you measure the internal diameter of the SS bowl when its cold.Then throw it in a hot oven at 220degc for fifteen minutes and then measure.you'll see what is happening.. wood is an insulator.SS is a conductor. so the SS is increasing in size when heated. the wood not so much.

either the two parts need something between that will take heat and expand/contract during the heating process.

or you could also heat the SS to 220degC measure the internal diameter and make a wood stem with a very tight fit for it and hammer the bowl on hot. that could work and is worth the experiment.tolerances need to be tight to make this work.

the last resort and one that will last forever is a couple of very thin rivets through the stainless and wood above the screen to hold the two parts together..the rivets could be inserted from the inside of the bowl.then a round bar drift inserted into the stem bowl to hold the rivets in place while you tool and hammer the rivet ends into recesses in the outside of the SS bowl.a final grind and polish and that would be it.maybe thats something youre metalworker could do for you.I wish you luck Ed.I'm sure I can say this the whole community is behind you.Thanks for your e patience.It will all work out:tup:

u bwade wunner,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Ed, I just wanted to say that I LOVE your stems for the MFLB, especially the long maple! They are beautiful and match my LB perfectly. The taste from both the short and long are exceptional, and the extra length on the long stem has helped cool the vapor better. Now I rarely cough at all! Thank you! :D

Vicki,
Reactions: Vitolo
Tried the Cocobolo and you hit a home run with this one Ed. The end stayed on great and the glass like feel is awesome. It also seems like the bowl size is a little smaller? Than my Irish Bog oak stem idk.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hi Ed,

I had e-mailed you a couple times directly, and hadn't heard back, but ends up your mail server was rejecting them so I've followed up to have them fix the problem with mail being sent from my domain to yours being incorrectly identified as spam.

I'm still interested in the "kits" I had mentioned ... I'll e-mail you as soon as I can!

JCat,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well hello out there, I am supposed to be watching this thread and havent seen any notifications... Hmm guess I better get at it.

@Vicki, really glad you like the LB Stems, they do seem to cool the vapor slightly and make such a great match with the wood LB, it just makes sense to have the two. Am happy you're happy!

@VNS also really glad you like the coco, you gotta love the way it feels in your hands and in your lips. The feel is so nice, it truly feels like a class piece. The bowl maybe just a tad smaller or maybe even a tad deeper, all pieces are made by hand and may vary either way just slightly. I do my very best to make sure each is as close to the other as possible. I an still using a granadillo that I first made, works really well for me. Just wish I had some killer to really get the full affect of the solo! I now have a CRZ, EV-2, SOLO, and a MFLB, like my little arsenal, but I still like to combust though from time to time! Aint nothing like chocking my ass off a big solid hearty combusted hit!

@Jcat, I remember it has been a while, think I got that email this morning but now cant seem to find it again. I emailed you back just after I saw it but now I dont see it, its on my cell and not my pc, strange... Just tried to call you at the # you left, got your voice mail. If you like you can give me a call at 1-877-564-5058. Thanks for getting back to me!

Thats right all, have gotten a free biz # so if anyone would like to call and get some info by all means pls do, its 1-877-546-5058.

Will be introducing new African Blackwood Solo Stems next week, they are off to the photographer and should have em back by Monday. These are some of the finest of the species from that part of the world. These are so dense and so so compliment the SOLO! They finish much like the Cocobolo and maybe even better. I really dig their feel in the hand and makes the SOLO look so classy with the black case and shiny blackwood just popping at ya! Am anxious to get em out to you all. Got another shipment of Granadillo in yesterday, these have some wild bird eyes and dark streaking, should make some really nice stems. Am back at it this week making dugouts, have let them get behind and have several out of stock, that aint cool! Hope all is well out there!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I'm going to end up with a pile of your stems Ed... that new African wood sounds nice

Aint nothing wrong with that!!! Most folks do and am sure you wont be the last! All I hope that is my work brings you joy and good times!

Headed to LA. in the morning for sure, didnt get to make it there last week, but tomorrow its on!

Edited to add:

Also have some really nice wooden pen boxes on the way that would make a great box for your wooden Solo Stems and such if anyone is interested will be priced fair and not expensive at all.

Top Bottom