flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
My first vaporizer was a MFLB!
So many batteries!
After 2 or 3 rips the flavor was horrible.
Maybe it was just me?
I benifited from it my first 4 months of using it then i out grew it.

Before a movie a Wax pen is more stealthy. A lot of people love the MFLB? I never learned how to master it I guess?

Were all different!

You perhaps have it wired?

My pallet is too sensitive.

Please no hard feelings?
Young JEDI?

So jealous of those of you in MMJ states! I assume you are, anyway. Around these parts, oil is a very rare treat and wax just doesn't happen. Oh how I wish!!! Wax pens and such aren't worth having unless you make your own - and that ain't me. So, you go with what you have and learn how to use what's handy. Like the MFLB.... with much practice you can squeeze more flavor and vapor out of it and learn how to diffuse your exhale. Take very small hits and it lasts longer and you can pull off vaping in the movies or other places where you can't get out and back in.

You're right. It doesn't come close to flavor of nano. But, it works well enough. Without regular access to concentrates I think it's tough to find something more useful than the MFLB while out and about. I haven't, yet!

No hard feelings at all!! Just being silly with "young jedi". Hope you didn't take offense. Was more referring to the time & practice to get the most out of MFLB and the fact it's a small simple tool that works well even compared to higher tech (like a light saber compared to a blaster).

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I suggest everyone to at least try this once, try hitting it harder if your scorching your herb.
I could combust at 9.5 & now i set it to 9.5 hit it slow for 3 seconds, as soon as I see vapor I hit it harder(more airflow).
The amount of airflow will control if you combust or not, slow draw on high heat might combust, same heat level with a stronger draw gives great extraction and light colored abv vs dark.
I can confirm that this works, sometimes when my UD would be running too hot (no vvps) I have to increase my inhale, and I have noticed a way better extraction along with more hits, even when its not running that hot.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So jealous of those of you in MMJ states! I assume you are, anyway. Around these parts, oil is a very rare treat and wax just doesn't happen. Oh how I wish!!! Wax pens and such aren't worth having unless you make your own - and that ain't me. So, you go with what you have and learn how to use what's handy. Like the MFLB.... with much practice you can squeeze more flavor and vapor out of it and learn how to diffuse your exhale. Take very small hits and it lasts longer and you can pull off vaping in the movies or other places where you can't get out and back in.

You're right. It doesn't come close to flavor of nano. But, it works well enough. Without regular access to concentrates I think it's tough to find something more useful than the MFLB while out and about. I haven't, yet!

No hard feelings at all!! Just being silly with "young jedi". Hope you didn't take offense. Was more referring to the time & practice to get the most out of MFLB and the fact it's a small simple tool that works well even compared to higher tech (like a light saber compared to a blaster).
Yes living in GOD'S COUNTRY (CALIFORNIA) does spoil one!

The Jedi comment was flattering actually!

The MFLB is a small practical unit if you have it wired.
I Liked it however I like a longer session the SOLO filled this void better in my situation.

It took some time before I got a plug in.
Seriously the NANO size and power works with my water paths amazingly.
The flavor is so sweet to me!

I follow your post on this tread and I finally realized you are a MFLB user.
This triggered a surprised response.

Sorry if I came off insulting however is wasn't my intent.
I was just trying to reason the logic!

Thank you for clarifying!

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Hey all, thinking of ordering one of these, got a couple questions. For free shipping in the US, is it USPS
or FEDEX? Was a signature required? I get deliveries left regularly, so that's not a problem.

Caligula

Maximus
I tried this at 9 and got instant combustion. That was with a tiny ground load, maybe .05. I've actually been thinking based on what i've read in this thread that my Nano might run a little hotter than yours and others perhaps.

I really can't/don't go over 8. I can, with a fast draw like you say, but 9 is serious combustion territory unless I bring it up to 9 after several draws at a lower temp.

I am finding that I like anywhere from 6.5-8 now. I love it, because I know 8-10 are going to be reserved for concentrates once I get my hands on some.

Using ground bud requires lower temps BOG was doing this with whole nugs.

Eespiajer

watch how much pressure you put the gong on to the unit. if you put too much it will break when you try to pull it out. especially if the unit is hot.

Eespiajer,

as

My abv on 10 with a bong

IMG_20140126_130102_zpsm8jsnznq.jpg

biohacker

I'm starting to find that using the Nano dry is starting to rip apart my lungs and I cough more than ever. I'm gonna drop the temp down to 6-6.5 instead of 7-7.5, and gotta get me some water filtration. I'm having a hard time between proper extraction and over extraction as well. It seems with temps under 7 I can never brown enough and get yellow with green speck abv. I definitely have yet to master the technique with load size, draw speed, etc.

What would be smoother for my lungs....ground or whole nugget?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
I never acknowledged this post - that was me trying something stupid. I've been meaning to post this, I use the EQ screens to trap particulates before they dirty up my pieces. This screen builds up a LOT of reclaim. I feel like the hit is smoother when using direct draw with the screen, I use a gong and female to female adapter for direct draw instead of a stem. Here's how I would normally use it but this is on my oil gong, I keep the others stashed away because they smell strongly of herb. If I had thought of doing this when I still had my frit I would've saved myself so much headache.

I recommend trying this if you want to keep your glass a little cleaner

9xJexM6.jpg

Just ordered these. Thanks again!

z9

Just ordered these. Thanks again!
Glad to help, I've been so pleased with my results using these screens. I use a relatively fine grind topped with pressed kief or normal kief with my bowls on a regular basis; I occasionally use a whole nug. However both ways I end up with tons of dark brown residue in the stem from all the particles getting through (I use honeycomb screened gong's with a steel screen). I wish I had a dirty piece to compare because little to no particulates are getting through. After about 15 uses with my new piece you can hardly tell I've been vaping through it, only some blondish buildup on the sides... it looks like I've been dabbing, not vaping.

I'm sure a Vapir NO2 screen would work in the 14mm gong's although it might not stay in place as well as the EQ screen does.

So much cleaner than it would be without the screen.

9ysMIjR.jpg

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I'm pretty much just using the Nano for concentrate hits. I find that I can get almost a WEEK out of about a smidgin of concentrate/oil, if I vape it at about 7.5 - 8 on the dial, using the concentrate sandwich w/cotton method.

Sure, after a couple of dozen hits, there is no more real flavor, however, I'm still getting vapor, and, even more important to me, I'm getting the CBD/CBN, both native and as the THC degrades over time. So easy to use at night! I don't even need to TURN A LIGHT ON! I can fumble my way to mating stem to Nano.

I'm using the EVO for my flowers, but for concentrates that I don't want to go dab, the Nano is best!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
What would be smoother for my lungs....ground or whole nugget?
I love water path!

Whole nuggets are gourmet!

I do grind sometimes however a bit on the course side.
I cough easy so I'm sensitive in this area.
6.5 - 7.5 max are my levels. 6.5 sweet spot with properly cured flowers!
I have tried 8.5 and had a cough fit like smoking a joint!
I'm pretty much just using the Nano for concentrate hits. I don't want to go dab, the Nano is best!

I need to try concentrates in a NANO!

How do you do FULL MELTS in a NANO?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I'm pretty much just using the Nano for concentrate hits. I find that I can get almost a WEEK out of about a smidgin of concentrate/oil, if I vape it at about 7.5 - 8 on the dial, using the concentrate sandwich w/cotton method.

Sure, after a couple of dozen hits, there is no more real flavor, however, I'm still getting vapor, and, even more important to me, I'm getting the CBD/CBN, both native and as the THC degrades over time. So easy to use at night! I don't even need to TURN A LIGHT ON! I can fumble my way to mating stem to Nano.

I'm using the EVO for my flowers, but for concentrates that I don't want to go dab, the Nano is best!
I find the nano excels in concentrate use as well.
It doesn't even break a sweat, you want long lasting hits turn it down to 7.5-8.5, you want lung smashers turn it up to 9-10!!
If andy comes up with a concentrate bowl/gong like it was thought about , it would be incredible.
Have my fingers crossed, if not the trusty organic cotton is working great.
Healthstone, Ceramic screen, Fritted glass screen might work very well to hold the concentrates in long enough to vaporize.

My abv on 10 with a bong

IMG_20140126_130102_zpsm8jsnznq.jpg

Yup, Thats how mine is looking at about 9.5 to 10 with a strong draw.
I feel like I have a mini cloud for sure, it milks so quickly and the effects are powerful with great taste and gigantic clouds. The abv looks lighter in color vs when I draw real slow, I get a one hit extraction with this method .
Awesome pic!!!!!
Thank You!!!

biohacker

Yup, Thats how mine is looking at about 9.5 to 10 with a strong draw.
I feel like I have a mini cloud for sure, it milks so quickly and the effects are powerful with great taste and gigantic clouds. The abv looks lighter in color vs when I draw real slow, I get a one hit extraction with this method .
Awesome pic!!!!!
Thank You!!!

How much are you loading and whole nugget?

Enchantre

Oil Painter
As an addendum, as with the gongs pictured earlier, the stems also have minor variations. I made a fresh basket/cotton/concentrate/cotton/screen sandwich, slid it into a glass-screened stem, and the stem is narrow to the point that I cannot actually slide it down over the heat port to get it close to the herb.

I'll have to fish that one out. The pinch stem lets me get the heat to within 1/4" of the herb. the greater distance means I have to use higher heat/faster draw, which I dislike.

Caligula

Maximus
I can draw fast or slow on 10 and only bin Abel to combust 1 time

Is he related to Bin Laden?

:D

Seriously though, Andy states you shouldnt leave your nano on for extended periods above 7.5 (or something there abouts). If I get the same results with the load closer to the heat @ 7 as I do with a greater distance and/or faster draw at 9.5 then ill take closer at 7 every time. That way I dont have to worry about excessive drying of the wood and/or turning the heat down when I'm done. Because lazy.

Top Bottom