E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ego vs. Jessy A comparison
Photoon2011-08-29at1734.jpg

I am a Vaporist, that has just begun using and vaporizing ejuices.
I have used herbal vaporizers to vaporize almost every herb known, and have an extensive collection of the best Herbal Vaporizers around.
My wife is a lifelong cigarette smoker, and was willing to quit smoking to help me with my evaluation.
This is not a discussion of advanced modifications, or the ways that these units can be altered.. I know there is plenty info out there for you advanced users.
This is about The Joye Ego Kit with a 650 battery, and a Jessy M kit also with a 650 battery. I would like to share both of our impressions of the units, comparatively speaking.
The Ego is a solid vape investment, that is sturdy, and is good looking. The vapor hits are consistent each time.
The Jessy is a bit longer to accommodate the circuitry that fills multiple functions.
I will admit to joking at first about "bells and whistles", but man was I wrong!
The ego is an excellent ecig to use at home or out on the job. Its size and simplicity makes this a discreet choice. There is no deciding between levels, and the lighted button is easily covered by the finger while engaging the atomizer. For times when you want to be simple and discreet and use a choice of your see through double sized cartridges or go single sized simple tip for an even "tighter" look!
The Jessy is a sporty and elegant look according to my wife. She says that it looks elegant in a woman's and a man's hand alike. I got a glossy enamel blue Jessy, that looks very cool for a man or for a woman.
The 3 levels of hit do make a difference. People say it is very subtle, but after some prolonged and constant trial, I can say that there is more than just a tiny difference difference.
The different powers do not just add "amps" to make a heat hotter.
They affect the delivery of flavor in a distinct way.
The level of visible vapor is not affected by the 3 settings, in fact I have thought that on the lower setting I have seen even thicker clouds at times.
When I vape on the high setting, I feel the hit in my lungs a bit more, and the flavor is full bodied and in my senses in general.
When I vape on Medium the flavor seems more distinct, and in the mouth.. I can distinguish better between the flavors there.
When I vape on the low setting, I get huge clouds, but do not feel the hit in my lungs, even though I inhale deeply. The flavor is soft and is more around the tongue and in nostrils.
I felt that the flavor is a bit sharper in the Ego than in the Jessy.
Patty said that the Ego feels more often like a cigarette hit to her as far as the actual feeling in the lungs, and I would be forced to agree maybe that is what I meant by "sharper"
The Jessy according to my gal is a smoother hit on any setting, and she likes hers on pink, which is the lowest setting. She feels that the juices taste better in her Jessy, and to be honest so do I!
PattyVapes (that is Patty's new forum name) loves her Jessy for it's looks also. She likes the touches of gold on the unit.
After a few days of constant use, I finally hit 300 pushes of the button, and got to witness the ultrasonic cleaning. The lights danced through a routine a couple of times..
My next hit tasted marvelous. So clean it was amazing!
Charging time.
We both used our units evenly and for the same numbers of hits for 3 days which was two charging cycles for each. I suspected that the Jessy would take longer to charge for all of it's circuitry. Not so. Patty's Ego and Jessy charged in exactly the same amounts of time.. while my Jessy finished a minute before the Ego both times.
The Jessy battery has the great feature of charging through the bottom, and can be used during charging on any of the power settings. During charging you can vape to your hearts content, with the extra long USB charging cord. The cord can plug into an outlet type transformer(included) or into the car charger (included). I love to vape at the computer while plugged into my keyboard.
Ahh one interesting thing that I noticed. The Ego powers down when you release the button sort of gradually.. fast.. but still in a "dimming" fashion, and the coil stops heating in same fashion. This is fine, you time it to your finishing draw.
The Jessy button intently stops heat on a dime when released. no cooldown time.. It is done.
Photoon2011-08-26at1903.jpg

About the Atomizer.
The taste was significantly purer in the Jessy unit so I went straight into the atomizer. The attys are very different, and I can see why the flavors would be as well. Inside of the standard Ego atty is the coil, and a couple of rings at the base that supply the power and there is a ring to seal the system. You can see distinct sections that comprise the base around the coil.
The atty for the Jessy was unique. The coil itself is a much finer woven mesh, and is substantially fuller, and has a more defined shape consistent from unit to unit. The base has a sealed plate that does not allow you to see sections.
The attys when filled with juice, and placed side by side behaved differently also.
The ego atty formed a hint of juice at the bottom (to be expected), while the Jessy atty did not.
Patty does use both units, but prefers her Jessy 100%.
I like the Ego in my pocket, and for while I am working. A solid little unit, that is tuff, and compact I pull it out as I like for a vape. When in the house, and sitting around, or have time to enjoy flavors, and blow clouds and rings for me it is the Jessy all the way as well!

One final note is about charging time.
The Jessy battery when used for the exact amount of time as the Ego, charges about 30% faster!
Patty and I both noticed that the same amount of juice lasts longer in the Jessy as well!
EDIT:
Almost one year later....
The Jessy's have both died.. then had their atomizers replaced.. then died again...
The two original Joye Ego units are still working!
that which is useful is beautiful!

Vitolo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
nicely done vitolo as usual. THe jessie is enough...........for now.

welcome to the hobby that keeps on giving. er, you keep giving to it!

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been enjoying the sweeter flavors.
I am wild about FSUSA Coconut. I can vape it for hours, and it is my favorite so far.
Today I have on deck, in 3 Jessy extra sized see through cartridges....
Blueberry- magnificently realistic.. and not like blueberry syrup.. but the fruit.
Applewith an extra splash- it is light and refreshing, and makes me want a second hit each time!
This one is special.. I had ordered a bottle of FSUSA FlavourArt Honey, and was tasting it and evaluating its aroma, and potential applications in aromaTherapy and oil diffusion. I added some to my...
Pear ejuice- subtle, and delicious. I added one drip of honey flavor into an almost filled cartomizer of Pear.
My wife, PattyVap?s does not care for the sweet stuff. She likes Maxx Blend, and Wyatt Earp (and she has a couple surprises coming in the mail of more tobacco flavors!)
Who would have guessed I had such a sweet tooth?
The FSUSA Ejuice selection brought out the "flavor grabber" in me!

Vitolo,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Need some good juice recommendations. I haven't smoked a cig in 6 years but nicotine free vaping delicious flavors sounds awesome to me. I have some black cherry coming with my order and was wondering what's everyones favorites.

I see Vito likes the blueberry and I was considering trying the blueberry coconut from FSUSA. They have so many different flavors I don't know where to begin.

tranceporter,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
DrPiff said:
Need some good juice recommendations. I haven't smoked a cig in 6 years but nicotine free vaping delicious flavors sounds awesome to me. I have some black cherry coming with my order and was wondering what's everyones favorites.

I see Vito likes the blueberry and I was considering trying the blueberry coconut from FSUSA. They have so many different flavors I don't know where to begin.

If you're going to be ordering samples from FSUSA make sure to include Thinn Mint

JDSupreme,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am lucky in that I can try flavors all the time by going in! I cant wait.. in 2 months they open a second place about 1 mile from here.
I tried about 40 flavors already.. and I bought about 2 dozen.
choose a flavor splash.. vg/pg ratio (or pure one way or the other) nicotine level etc.
Out of the ones I got my faves are:
Coconut
Watermelon Fluff (Watermelon and cotton candy hybrid)
Applewood -(woody flavor not like the fruit)
Apple (with an extra splash)
Just Peachy
Peppermint (a little goes a long way.. I water it down with flavorless ejuice)
Flavorless Ejuice (mixed with Honey Flavoring from FSUSA and a touch of almost any flavor- even tobacco)
Blueberry
Cherry pipe
Banana (premixed)
Pear
fireball(good with honey too! Not to be confused with it's hotter sisterFireball Xtra!)

Patty's Faves that we bought are:
Wyatt Earp
Maxx Blend
Watermelon Fluff
Cherry Pipe
We ordered a few tobacco flavors by mail so they are not here
What also have very nice ones that are not "faves"
KiwiBerry Candy (very sweet, but delicious)
Pomegranite (it is very real!)
Orange Blossom (the blossom of the tree.. was very subtle)
Mango (also was subtle)

We tried many that we did not wind up buying YET....
JDS favorite Thinn Mint was bliss!
There are just so many choices it is hard to zero in!
EDIT:
Dear JDS-
I am picking up 5m. Thinn Mint in person on Friday!
Sorry I dawdled.. just so many flavors!

Vitolo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS and Vitolo,
I received my REO woodvil today and I would recommend both of you picking one up. JDS, I know you liked the idea of the Ali'i. This is a similar device but the craftsmanship is FAR superior to that one. It works much better as well.

vitolo, I just think you would appreciate the quality of the wood involved. Not dripping is also nice.

I have a darwin which I love. This is a welcome addition. It is a well made beautiful device which vapes like a champ!

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Looking at the REO website, he is out of stock on all wood items!
I use the long cartidges that take 22 drops to avoid ever dripping. I can't focus well enough to drip.
I am watching all the vids for the woodvil now

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

The OB, Did you pick up the REO Woodvile on Saturday? Do you mind talking about how that works? Does he take down his site and re-up the stocks? Then it's a free for all to see who can get to Paypall fastest?
I really like the looks of those units and am thinking about the next time he has a batch ready.

On the other hand!!! I hate you guys! Now I have to figure how to justify picking up a BuzzPro & an REO Woody.

The BoxMod is cool and works but I want something a little nicer when out & about. On top of that a new shipment of E-juice just arrived at the door from FreedomSmoke (I told them you sent me Vito) & Kick Bass Vapors. I would have appreciated a warning that this e-cig thing would cost $$$, the worst part is most of it's in small chunks. $15-$20 here, then $10 over here, next thing you know there went another $80-$100 clams right out the door :) At least all of the vendors ship so fast it's incredible. So gratification comes quickly.

I'm leaning towards the BuzzPro next but, I want to go check out an actual store that has E-cig as a primary product. The only one I found around here is E-Cig City in Laguna Beach. Kinda surprised, there aren't more. Or that the local headshops haven't jumped on this train around here. There definitely seems to be a market niche unexplored.

So I found this picture on the ECF forums... How sweet does this look? This is what i have my eye on, If I went white it would have to have a black button for the fabled "StormTrooper":
ad7b7c6a.jpg

RumbleShorts,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Vitolo and Rumbleshorts,

here is how it works. Rob meticulously makes these beautiful wood mods. He will let you in advance when he is going to put them up on the site. They can sell out in as fast as a couple of minutes. During normal times you can PM him and he will do custom orders for you. When he does, he will make the one you want and then just before the sale, he will send you a paypal invoice. He will not charge you until it is made.

This time he is not doing special orders. He is currently working on a new size that is smaller than the full size and bigger than the mini. The beauty of the new one is that the battery life will be better than the minis which is not great. The full size have great battery life but are not as portable. I think it is a decent size but it is a little large for pocket carry.

Rob told me today that he is not doing special orders next time because he is planning on making somewhere between 150 and 200 to put on the site so more people have a chance to get one. I would get on ECF and follow the thread (be aware it moves fast) and check the REO threads. He will generally post as to when they will go on the site. I can tell you it will be at LEAST several weeks before this happens again. I can also alert you on here as I follow the thread.

It is a amazing device. I can assure you both that you will love it. The ease of squeezing the device and how effective it is reminds me of the zaps. As a matter of face, Rob reminds me of Rick in terms of the kind of person he is and how he does business. The finished product is like a custom made musical instrument. It is stunning. You will just have to take my word for it.

let me know if you have any other questions.

rumble, I believe JDS has a buzzpro. you should ask him about that.

the ob,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Rumble! That store in Laguna Beach has been hosting local vaper meets. There are actually 2 groups out that way and I believe they have 30-60 vapers at each meet. There are also some awesome vendors that attend the meets out there, a few that I met at Vapestock. If you can swing it you should SO GO to a local meet. You would see a gazillion types of devices, juices, etc. Get to try all sorts of stuff!! Really a great crowd too!

Here is a video from one of their recent meets...they had bikini clad waitress gals at the last one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlBxCyHS7zk

That store is a good one too compared to many around the country that usually carry one overpriced crap brand. Some great people out there!

Lo,

CDWard

Vitolo said:
This is great news.. and I wilkl keep the website. I will not be in the market for this until I have clear and regular access to proper oils made by a pro (not home made by me).
I will be watching.

Keep your eyes open. One way or another I think we will be seeing these things in the AZ MMJ market soon.

CDWard,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Man I got to check out e-cig city next time im in Laguna. I got Vapor Spot lounge and that place is pretty damn good, but this looks even more impressive(in terms of liquids).

lesvape,

RumbleShorts

lesvape said:
Man I got to check out e-cig city next time im in Laguna. I got Vapor Spot lounge and that place is pretty damn good, but this looks even more impressive(in terms of liquids).

LesVape,
I posted on the E-City thread on ECF asking when the next meet-up is going to be. It happens that a meet-up is happening today @ 2:00 pm.
Here is the link that one of the LA Vapers Members sent to me (Katdarling):
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...44350495586148
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=244350495586148

I'll be making my way up to Glendora to check it out. From what I understand the owner of E-City as well as Most Angry Industries will be in attendance. It is an open event and everyone is welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the set-ups these guys use.

RumbleShorts,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'm tickled you're going to make a local meet Rumble! There are quite a few vendors who attend those meets too. Hope you have a great time and get to see a ton of stuffs! Some cool folks out there ;)

Lo,

RumbleShorts

Lo said:
I'm tickled you're going to make a local meet Rumble! There are quite a few vendors who attend those meets too. Hope you have a great time and get to see a ton of stuffs! Some cool folks out there ;)

Nice! Thanks Lo!,
It sounds like fun, and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully come back with some new toys... That is if there are any deals :)... although honestly it won't take much of a deal, it really just needs to be shiny!!

RumbleShorts,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK... I have obtained some parts and made some mods.
I found a 900 mah battery (manual type) ay Madvapes 900mah Battery
It has a minor post difference, that can be overcome with a very inexpensive, sealed v2 shorty extension.
This inconvenience is overridden by the fact that this battery is only $9.95.
Once the extension is in place, an LR or any 510 atomizer can be added to this for dripping, and the power is magnificent, and lasts all day long.
I mentioned I had trouble dripping...
I found a "dual coil" mega cartomizer, that is see through. This monster holds 5 ml of juice.. a whole bottle!
I have been vaping with this monster for a full day now, and it won't slow down.
With the 900 mah battery, I have not even noticed a drop in performance. Needless to say this thing gives MONSTER hits!
I present Frankenvape.
Photoon2011-09-03at13272.jpg

Then, Patty wanted a monster of her own, so I made her a similar unit whose cartomizer (also dual coil)holds 2.5 ml
Please meet "The Bride of Frankenvape".
Photoon2011-09-03at13262.jpg

Although these monsters do not have the features, and smooth flavors that we get with our favorite ecigs, the Jessy, they do produce monster hits, and I have already provided a number of local friends with this Mod! :D

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

Had a GREAT time at the meet-up today. LA Vapers are a great group of people, super friendly and full of info for the new user. Wasn't able to pick up any toys most of the venders are saving their hardware for the Vegas show in a couple of weeks.
I was the lucky winner of a brand new Ego kit in the free raffle. I wasn't planning on using it but Uncle Vito's post has given me some ideas! - Thanks

RumbleShorts,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I was talking to my buddy at the Vapor spot today and he was telling me he was at the Hemp convention that was recently in LA. He said that someone there(thinks was the owner) was showing off a Ploom 2 beta model. Said it was more e-cig like and and was able to do plants, oils, and hash. I think he mention something about ceramic plate, but I could be mixing info from Solo he was using at the time. Forgot to ask if it was still butane based or did it move to battery power; but, he said for sure it wasn't the OG Ploom as he has seen and tried that model before and agree it wasn't worth it. The questions is to those who went to LA Hemp convention in LA, did you see or hear of this device? Is is still butane based, or is it now battery powered? If you are going to Hemp cup/convention up in SF do you think you can give us more of a report on it, and maybe even take a pics of it?

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So I went to the local vapor lounge in L.A. today, and picked up mixed Key Lime Cake Mix. The flavor isn't that strong, but wow does it produce vapor. It was cool to mix my own flavor in store. I also picked up a flavor referred to as Truth Serum. Hard to put my finger on what it taste like, but I could definitely taste the pear. Still need to get my a LR atty or a 4-5volt battery.

lesvape,

frogbmth

Ploom - fuck combustion

It's junk. It gets red hot to hold and you cant put it down in use or for ages after you turn it off, the gas runs out in no time, the exhaust leaks into the airpath and it does not get hot enough.

frogbmth,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Yes, I've read about the Ploom, but my buddy who went to the trade show that just passed in L.A. said there was a guy walking around with what seemed to be an improved model, being referred to as model 2. I was wondering if anyone who went to the show in L.A. or up in Frisco saw or heard about such device.

lesvape,
Top Bottom