E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
I went to the Ploom site and asked their support about model two and all they could say was their R&D/engineering department is pretty tight lipped about their products so customer service isn't really privy to all the new products that could be potentially coming out. :\

lesvape,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Sometime ago I bought several different atty's to try on my Ego-T battery. One of them holds up really well over time and I also like the taste a lot, but I can't remember which one of the bunch I ordered it is.

Anyone here knows this one perhaps?

I'm pretty sure it isn't an LR version, and I have a hunch it is a regular Ego or a Ego XL atty but I want to make sure before I order a bunch.

minip1010558.jpg

minip1010557.jpg

minip1010556.jpg

OhTheAgony,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hard to tell from the pictures if that is a Mega or not. The mouthpieces on the mega are MUCH larger than the standards.

I do know there are two types of egoT's - cone shaped are type A, straight are type B... Then of course there is the Mega which is much larger. Also can get an adapter so you can use the mega on a standard ego. So confusing with all the crap out there there days.

If you remember which vendor you bought from you might be able to log in on their site and review your past order to confirm what you have. Fingers crossed.

Lo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The Joye Ego Mega sure rings a bell Vitolo, I think you're right. Thanks! The Ego XL is the one with the separate cone isn't it, just for looks?

Already tried going over my old orders Lo, but I ordered like 5 different atty's at 2 different occasions and it puzzled me even more.

I also have the bigger cylindrical shape Ego-T atty's btw, but I don't like them. To harsh on the throat for me, and they taste rather nasty as well. Same goes for the Giantomizer unfortunately,.

OhTheAgony,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDS,
did you every figure out how to make the thinn mint work with the HH 357?

did you find a new brand that works better?

the ob,

Vitolo

Vaporist
A new "tip" about the "tip-
DSC00108.jpg

Jessy has released a new version of their see through cartridge.
Rather than a polyfill cup with holes on the bottom, set to where the atomizer coil touches polyfill, the new cap is inverted, and has a soft plastic cap with a small hole in it. The atomizer coil sits against this soft hole's opening and juice is transferred that way.
I liked the idea, and Patty and I tested it for a couple of days. Patty complained a few times that her unit had stopped vamping. When I checked all was fine
I figured out the problem, and the one potential fallback of Jessy's new design.
If a person is reclining or holds their ecig at any downward angle, the juice is no longer fed to the coil. With the polyfill, if the user reclines or angles the unit downward, there is always plenty of juice left in the polyfill to "carry one over" during the reclining vape!

Vitolo,

eLiguL

Hello FC,

It looks like someone figured it out, I posted earlier in this thread about possible use of THC in the "e-juices" but came to the conclusion that the concentration would not be strong enough. There is a med club in southern California that is selling e-cigarettes preloaded with THC infused cartridges, there is about 200 hits in every pre-loaded e-cig, some strains have a smell issue.

Source: http://vimeo.com/28694972 (2:22 mark)

I present this challenge to you brainiacs of FC, how the hell do you do this? This would be the ultimate portable vape if someone would be kind enough to share the process!

eLiguL,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I had been holding back on sharing this experiment that I have been doing for 2 weeks.
I am not a chemist, and do not plan on becoming more involved than I am with chemicals.
I Used a cartomizer for this project, so I would not ruin any atomizers. The same cartomizer has been used for two weeks now.

I have been doing this only using ABV and no green bud.
I have been evaporating my ABV/Everclear tinctures until they are at the point of almost no alcohol

Once the tincture is close to the point where it dries almost upon dripping on a dish, I mix it 50/50 with unflavored juice. It does vape.
It also does get you high.
The taste is very nasty when the ABV tincture is vaped this way. I have added flavors and tried everything but can not get rid of the foul flavor.
If you touch the photo above, you will see me using the unit . I could barely keep my face from revealing the bad taste!
I am done experimenting now and will wait for a chance to get the "real thing" from a pro!

Vitolo,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Vitolo: could you try filling some carromizers with bho, bho+vg, bho+pg, bho+ph+vg? Bho is butane honey oil. Then you could compare your results with the results the omicron ecig is claiming. But also to he one love ecig which is a disposable ecig avail at some dispensaries. The one love uses a pg or vg or both and bho solution. Is a special rig really needed?

Also, could you describe how you felt after puffing your alcohol mix? How fast did it kick in? Typically abv oil should be a body buzz without the uplifting mental effects. Did patty notice a different type of odor from a second hand smoker pov?

notmyrealUSERname,

weedemon

enthusiast
interesting vito! would also like to hear more on your experiments! :)

i ordered a omicron setup, but i probably wont have it for a month still. :(

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I can not do these experiments with other oils.
I medicate hard and often.
I do not put my meds at risk by experimenting with BHO and the other oils.
If I am given the chance to buy some oils above my meds, and am in the position to do so I certainly would buy them... but would not be the one willing to risk actual oils being wasted if they did not work!
I will throw money away on tools and vaporizers and accessories.. but I get very shy when it comes to losing any of my meds!
That is partly why I described where I was at on my tests with tincture.. so if any of you were "encouraged" by this you could get involved too!
How I felt
The first puff each time made me think .. "EEk.. nasty".. and by the time I exhaled and was taking my second hit I felt myself relax.
It was not the cerebral buzz of vaping flowers at all.
It had an extreme calming effect.
It felt like I breathed Nitrous Oxide.
The taste in the mouth was distracting however, and hard to "get past"
NOW.....
I am interested in weedemon's Omicron review...
and I will buy any MMJ product that is made for an ecig, once it is made and usable!

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

Weedemon,
I was curious about the Omicron, should probably post these questions to the Scientific but wanted to ask a "local" first. I know that they are marketing this device as a using THC (oil, BHO, Hash) but I assume this will also work for E-jiuce? From what I can tell it is using a pretty standard battery PV set-up. I think someone said it was a Joyco bat & form factor. Did they make any changes to the PV? or is it still standard, I wonder. The reason I ask is if this is an unaltered PV then it stands to reason that we can use any of the existing Pv's/Mods that we already have and only need to buy the special cartos that the Scientific has developed and use them for the oil.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Would be nice to have the option of using an existing unit and save some of the crazy $$ he is asking for a re-branded entry level pv.

RumbleShorts,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
RumbleShorts said:
Weedemon,
I was curious about the Omicron, should probably post these questions to the Scientific but wanted to ask a "local" first. I know that they are marketing this device as a using THC (oil, BHO, Hash) but I assume this will also work for E-jiuce? From what I can tell it is using a pretty standard battery PV set-up. I think someone said it was a Joyco bat & form factor. Did they make any changes to the PV? or is it still standard, I wonder. The reason I ask is if this is an unaltered PV then it stands to reason that we can use any of the existing Pv's/Mods that we already have and only need to buy the special cartos that the Scientific has developed and use them for the oil.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Would be nice to have the option of using an existing unit and save some of the crazy $$ he is asking for a re-branded entry level pv.

So please go do the R&D and let us know. meanwhile I'll be giving my money to THC scientific since thats exactly what they've done. If there is another product out there I can vape hash oil in please let me know so I can go get one and try it out. The omicron ecig I tried worked much much better than an iVape which I also have tried personally.

ru_frothi,

RumbleShorts

rufrothy said:
RumbleShorts said:
Weedemon,

So please go do the R&D and let us know. meanwhile I'll be giving my money to THC scientific since thats exactly what they've done. If there is another product out there I can vape hash oil in please let me know so I can go get one and try it out. The omicron ecig I tried worked much much better than an iVape which I also have tried personally.

Hey now, slow down a little bit Rufrothy,
I am not trying to take away from THC scientific and the R&D they have done in any way. If they have devoted their time to developing a new carto and not a new PV, that's where I would like to spend the money. Personally, I believe that the cartomizer market is larger than selling a package. But, I assume they also did their research in that regard as well.
I would not be adverse to spending a premium amount for the carto but would like to have the flexibility to use it on the device of my choosing.
I was going to ask in the official thread but, they are at the point where glowing reviews are coming in and I would rather not de-rail the praise with a question that elicits such passion from those that have tried the device. Sorry if you took offense, but it seems a pretty innocuous question.

RumbleShorts,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Meh! I have spent a ton of time trying to perfect an ecig friendly juice in the last couple years. Latest attempts I do have an ABV VG tincture that is totally able to be used in a cartomizer BUT.. Yeah - the taste is NOT NICE!! Not nice at all. Also not nearly as strong as those cartos that use oils. I have the carto & bottle of juice bagged as it just doesn't seem worth the time/trouble/taste to bother vaping it. I much prefer fresh meds in my LB for quick fix. I have considered sacrificing some fresh and making a batch with it but... really can't bring myself to perform the sacrifice lol.

I too am afraid to try and make BHO though I really would like to...I fear I'd blow myself up and if I lived have to explain to my husband what I was doing ROFL! Also not in an MMJ friendly state so I can't pop into a shop to buy the oils. The hash cartos at this point are a bit of an unattainable dream for me. But I do dream :D

Lo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I hope that someone comes with an e-cig that uses bud.. all that messy oily s$#% is not enough user friendly 4 me.

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Vitolo said:
I had been holding back on sharing this experiment that I have been doing for 2 weeks.
I am not a chemist, and do not plan on becoming more involved than I am with chemicals.
I Used a cartomizer for this project, so I would not ruin any atomizers. The same cartomizer has been used for two weeks now.

I have been doing this only using ABV and no green bud.
I have been evaporating my ABV/Everclear tinctures until they are at the point of almost no alcohol
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/ecig/Photoon2011-09-10at1431.jpg
Once the tincture is close to the point where it dries almost upon dripping on a dish, I mix it 50/50 with unflavored juice. It does vape.
It also does get you high.
The taste is very nasty when the ABV tincture is vaped this way. I have added flavors and tried everything but can not get rid of the foul flavor.
If you touch the photo above, you will see me using the unit . I could barely keep my face from revealing the bad taste!
I am done experimenting now and will wait for a chance to get the "real thing" from a pro!
Try essential oils .. bergamot +clary sage makes the taste hashy.

Abysmal Vapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
@RumbleShorts

I totally know what you mean about wanting to bounce an idea off someone else not selling the item. I have been talking to Dubcrider as he is in that position atm. he is not working for them, but got his hands on one early!

Wish i had more first hand experieince to give you on the topic. here is what i can say:

ok, first off I want to tell you guys I am more or less a noob to the ecig world too. My buddy bought one to try to quit smoking with. it was neat, but that's all the real world experience i have with them. It was the atomizer type.

the new one that i ordered was the omicron setup that thc scientific is selling.

you can buy a 5 pack box of the cartomizers separately, I ordered a spare box of them as when i buy my gear i like to have backup materials on hand rather than worry about running out.

as far as i know the actually battery part of the unit is unchanged. but really I am not qualified to answer that. that is what i think. :p

your best bet is to click the email link to thc scientific himself. he has been great with answering any questions i had!

@ vitolo I will let ya know how it turns out. I'm pretty excited as i have a bunch of oils to try it with already!

with it there is no glycerin\everclear in it. just regular hash oils. I have been told it tastes just as the oil normally does in traditional methods with this new way. after about 400 hits or so the taste begins to diminish. (i've been told)

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would get a spare atty weedemon! :2c:

use the drip technique a few times with your oil... before you get even a drop wasted inside a cartomizer that may malfunction. (hard to retrieve any that clings to wall).
If I get any oils I will try this with a spare atty immediately with a drip!

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
hehe i did :p

i will actually have 2 omicron vapes because for an extra 20 bucks he will give you a 2nd one!

I was told that I could put up to gram into the cart, but I am going to put less in also. im thinking more like a half g or so and see how it goes.

also I was told if i need to i can just tip the unit and heat it up and the oil will run back out again.

no personal experience to go on, but others have been helpful so far :) heck it's what this place is all about!

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Now this I will be paying close attention too!
(we very well could be asked to move this topic into the Omicron Thread.. once you're rockin') :lol:

Vitolo,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Abysmal Vapor said:
I hope that someone comes with an e-cig that uses bud.. all that messy oily s$#% is not enough user friendly 4 me.
From what I heard at the local vapor shop(owner was at the local hemp convention out here in LA), he said the Ploom guys are trying to bring such model out(as previously mentioned in this thread). It suppose to more e-cig like and better thant he original since that seemed to get some bad reviews. The Ploom rep had like a beta model, but as I said when I asked the Ploom people via chat on their site they knew nothing about what R&D is doing.

I have tried dripping some of the oils I got from a local dispensary on my 510 EGO, but it doesn't seem like it worked. It was like I was coming down from it or something. :/

lesvape,

GhostVapor

For anyone looking to have ecig question answered or looking for an ecig hangout, check out elixirtv.com. nightly giveaways and the most supportive group of vapers you'll find. Be weary on talking about cannabis there though, its a strictly ecig kind of a place :)

GhostVapor,
Hey all,

Tonight I'm going to have a radio show where I interview Gary from THC Scientific, the company that sells the Omicron THC ecig.

You can listen to the show by going to this link:

http://vapersplace.com/vp-live-talk-radio/

If you want to ask me or Gary questions, please call in to 347-308-8329 and press 1 to be added to the call queue.

The link above will also work for archive replays in the future in case you miss the show.

Enjoy,

-Russ

burnt_wick,
Top Bottom