E-Cigarette (not for THC use)

Nycdeisel

No problem ;) I bought it at NY Gifts in the west village, they have a ton of cool and funky cases there, hard shell, soft cases, foam lined, etc, they have it all(in case you didnt already know :rolleyes:)
It sounds like you had a good time with her, wishing you more good times ahead! even in the absence of vaping :tup:

and lol its the 20th of july, early August isnt very far at this point :)
But I understand how difficult it can be if you arent exactly 'ready' to take a break(if you know what I mean) so yea im really craving a lung full of herbal vapor but hoping I pick up more this weekend.

Nycdeisel,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woot! Glad you got sorted out NY :) Yeah if you find the throat kick too much I'd go for the 2.0ohm next time. You get stuck you holler at me anytime!! You also might try cleaning the atomizers that you had issues with...either some vodka or even ISO (just the atty, not the drip tip). Soak, RINSE WELL and let dry completely. You MIGHT be able to save them.

@Jeff.. I hope you are having a wonderful time with your daughter... That is awesomeness :D

Lo,

Nycdeisel

Hey you :lol:

more good advice. So the drip tips cant be cleaned with Iso? or just not soaked? I cleaned the first one very quickly with ISO using a q tip and rinsing very well after, to get that burned atty smell out :puke:

i honestly probably wont bother trying to save the first ones, but thanks for the words of wisdom :)

Nycdeisel,

Lo

There are metal drip tips but most are plastics...acrylic or delrin. I avoid using alcohol much on them but a quick wash with a good rinse should be okay. I just use hot soapy water to clean the drip tips while I use solvents on attys. I'm just leery of solvents and plastics personally.

Lo,

Nycdeisel

As am I. However I have a habit of wiping lots of things down with alcohol, including SOME plastics, and the Delrin seemed hard enough to withstand the alcohol for a minute without corroding it, so yea it seems ok for quick wash if one needs it.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
No problem ;) I bought it at NY Gifts in the west village, they have a ton of cool and funky cases there, hard shell, soft cases, foam lined, etc, they have it all(in case you didnt already know :rolleyes:)
It sounds like you had a good time with her, wishing you more good times ahead! even in the absence of vaping :tup:

and lol its the 20th of july, early August isnt very far at this point :)
But I understand how difficult it can be if you arent exactly 'ready' to take a break(if you know what I mean) so yea im really craving a lung full of herbal vapor but hoping I pick up more this weekend.

FreakBrosGreetingCardMoneyNoDope.jpg

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I was actually thinking of that saying, and how perfectly it applies to my current situation haha

Nycdeisel,
Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum but I'm not new to electronic cigarettes! I've been vaping nicotine for the last year and it's pretty awesome.

I just wanted to let you all know that if you are in the NYC area, there is going to be a Vape Meetup this Saturday night, July 23rd, from 7PM - around 1AM at the Rennisance Diner in Manhattan. 776 9th Ave (between 51st St & 52nd St).

This is a meet for people who are really into personal vaporizers for use with nicotine. There are a lot of great people and it's a really good time, and it's free!

If you are interested in learning more about electronic cigarettes for you or anyone else you know that is looking for a better alternative to smoking cigarettes, this is a great place to start. There will be a bunch of people there with the latest and greatest technology so it's pretty cool because you can try lots of different stuff including different flavors of eliquid.

If you don't use nicotine but just want to stop by to see what it's all about, I'll bring a bottle of super delicious blueberry eliquid with zero nicotine which you can try out.

Just thought I'd let you all know! Hope to meet some of you there.

-Russ

burnt_wick,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
My new baby....The Buzz Pro from Notcigs.com

The original Buzz (which I also own) was the first variable voltage PV. This is their latest creation with their "dripper" added on. LOVE IT!!

2011-07-28130608.jpg

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Lo said:
There are metal drip tips but most are plastics...acrylic or delrin. I avoid using alcohol much on them but a quick wash with a good rinse should be okay. I just use hot soapy water to clean the drip tips while I use solvents on attys. I'm just leery of solvents and plastics personally.

Lo is the expert for sure. lots of good advice.

So, to clean or not to clean your attys? Everyone has a different opinion.

And how to clean them? soda" alcohol? Not sure which is the right way?

the ob,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:

The original Buzz (which I also own) was the first variable voltage PV. This is their latest creation with their "dripper" added on. LOVE IT!!

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/JeffDireng/2011-07-28130608.jpg

why do you this one more than the others?

BTW, my ali'i vv is having issues. I have to crank it up to the end to make it work. Even then, it barely does. I have tried contacting ryan to no avail.

any tips? I Have changed attys, batteries and everything else.

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
the ob said:
JDSupreme said:

BTW, my ali'i vv is having issues. I have to crank it up to the end to make it work. Even then, it barely does. I have tried contacting ryan to no avail.

Ugh. I HATE MY ALI'I NOW. I dont dare say that over on ECF cause all the Ryan lovers will hang me out to dry. Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for a response to both email and ECF PM. I'm getting it fixed, and selling it immediately and thats that. I think the original problem was the juice that dripped back down to the catch cup would spill over into the dial and it would quit. I sent it back once already but it will work when it dries out so by the time it got to Ryan, it worked fine for him. I cant be responsible for ALWAYS checking to see if its rightside up or not on an angle so the juice didn't leak.

And my buzz's have just a better quality, less air-y hit (i think thats the difference) than the Ali'i. The 1st time I picked my old buzz up after using the Ali'i for a few weeks I was BLOWN AWAY by how much better it was at the same voltage. Might be amps or something else but i dont know the difference for sure. Same batts, same atty, everything

JDSupreme,

Lo

:( Bummer about the Ali's not working. That just stinks. I never bought one of them.

Anyhow, I've tried a gazillion cleaning method but lately I'm sticking with Cisco's method since he know attys like nobody else. He says use Everclear or Vodka if you can't get it. Soak a bit, then blow out really well... juice up and go. No rinsing in water & drying which is what I've always done. I did a couple that way and worked very well. Only thing is after I blew out the alcohol I put straight PG in it and blew that out as well. I didn't want to vape Everclear at all lol. Works well.

Oh and the Buzz I haven't tried but I had a variable voltage PV before the buzz dude even started vaping. He did come out with the first VV model for sale but...he got the idea from open source modders on forums. I was vaping the original VV Fistpack before the buzz was born. Just a sticking point to me as then he mentioned patenting VV and making all sellers of VV mods pay him royalties. I'm just not a fan of his :rolleyes: but I do hear good things about his mods.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
Oh and the Buzz I haven't tried but I had a variable voltage PV before the buzz dude even started vaping. He did come out with the first VV model for sale but...he got the idea from open source modders on forums. I was vaping the original VV Fistpack before the buzz was born. Just a sticking point to me as then he mentioned patenting VV and making all sellers of VV mods pay him royalties. I'm just not a fan of his :rolleyes: but I do hear good things about his mods.

Interesting. I was one of the beta testers for the original buzz. I remember people talking about VV before that but never knew all that.

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
the ob said:
JDSupreme said:

Ugh. I HATE MY ALI'I NOW. I dont dare say that over on ECF cause all the Ryan lovers will hang me out to dry. Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for a response to both email and ECF PM. I'm getting it fixed, and selling it immediately and thats that. I think the original problem was the juice that dripped back down to the catch cup would spill over into the dial and it would quit. I sent it back once already but it will work when it dries out so by the time it got to Ryan, it worked fine for him. I cant be responsible for ALWAYS checking to see if its rightside up or not on an angle so the juice didn't leak.

And my buzz's have just a better quality, less air-y hit (i think thats the difference) than the Ali'i. The 1st time I picked my old buzz up after using the Ali'i for a few weeks I was BLOWN AWAY by how much better it was at the same voltage. Might be amps or something else but i dont know the difference for sure. Same batts, same atty, everything

I know it sucks. You were the reason I got excited about that one in the first place. I too sent it to him for repair today and will sell it when it comes back. I have ordered a REO and think that one should replace this one as a bottom feeder and perform better. I hope. In the meantime I have my darwin which is great. I am always looking for something else of course :)

the ob,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Ya my bad :rolleyes: So many people SWEAR by and basically orgasm over them. It was a huge disappointment. Im sure once its fixed ill be able to slang it on the ECF classifieds quick as hell for close to what i paid for it.

The Carlos Juice Box fiasco was way worse but, when it worked, there is no atty on this planet that can touch that custom atty for flavor and hit IMO it was fucking unreal all at 3.7v too. It was a 3-4 month wait followed by months of random repairs until the guy finally said fuck it and just quit answering people. Chaos :lol:

JDSupreme,

the ob

all good in the hood.
JDSupreme said:
Ya my bad :rolleyes: So many people SWEAR by and basically orgasm over them. It was a huge disappointment. Im sure once its fixed ill be able to slang it on the ECF classifieds quick as hell for close to what i paid for it.

The Carlos Juice Box fiasco was way worse but, when it worked, there is no atty on this planet that can touch that custom atty for flavor and hit IMO it was fucking unreal all at 3.7v too. It was a 3-4 month wait followed by months of random repairs until the guy finally said fuck it and just quit answering people. Chaos :lol:

I know. I saw that. Oh, well. As I said, I am looking forward to the REO that I will be getting and the Darwin is doing its job. I am sure my tastes will change and at some point I will want something different. The technology is changing too so there will always be something better that comes along. I just want one that I can use here too.......

the ob,

Lo

Well I tried the latest and greatest new atty out. Holy crap! I am SMITTEN!! I was a huge fan of Cisco LR306's and used them over a year now...never thought anything would knock them out of my top spot until I met the Hanna 357. OMFG!!

These attys are handmade in the US and the dude (Hanna) uses parts from Cisco. They are a 306/510 hybrid. They aren't cheap but the betas were lasting people many months. Of course I had to give them a spin but it will be awhile before I can say how long they last. Much longer break in time than other attys but once it was broken in - I was smitten!!! I can't even believe how powerful these things are and how much shorter my drag times have become with huge amounts of vapor. Course not everyone will want to try with the high price tag but damn...I'm already stalking, looking for more just to have some for backups. They rock!!

The Carlos Juicebox.. Man that brings back some memories lol. Things are evolving so much now that there really is something for everyone's style. I am thankful for the evolution and hope it helps more people find their way away from combustion.

Lo,

the ob

all good in the hood.
Lo said:
Well I tried the latest and greatest new atty out. Holy crap! I am SMITTEN!! I was a huge fan of Cisco LR306's and used them over a year now...never thought anything would knock them out of my top spot until I met the Hanna 357. OMFG!!

These attys are handmade in the US and the dude (Hanna) uses parts from Cisco. They are a 306/510 hybrid. They aren't cheap but the betas were lasting people many months. Of course I had to give them a spin but it will be awhile before I can say how long they last. Much longer break in time than other attys but once it was broken in - I was smitten!!! I can't even believe how powerful these things are and how much shorter my drag times have become with huge amounts of vapor. Course not everyone will want to try with the high price tag but damn...I'm already stalking, looking for more just to have some for backups. They rock!!

The Carlos Juicebox.. Man that brings back some memories lol. Things are evolving so much now that there really is something for everyone's style. I am thankful for the evolution and hope it helps more people find their way away from combustion.

where did they come from? how much? Will the pyrex drip tips (306 and 510) fit them since it is a hybrid. What do you mean break in time? How do you break them in?

the ob,

Lo

Hanna builds them with Cisco parts, Cisco sells them at AvidVaper BUT...there are tons of folks hitting refresh on the page waiting for more stock. Each one is hand built and then tested so...time consuming since not in mass production but I hear some should be in stock Monday, was supposed to be today but now I hear Monday...Anyhow, they will go QUICK. The ones I got were first run and have sealed bottoms but the next run will include some with open bottoms that will work on bottom feeders like REO, Ali, etc. I really like the sealed one for my Darwin, hasn't leaked a drop which is awesome. The first run was all 1.5ohms but there will be other ohm offerings soon too, I'm waiting for the 1.8 or 2.0ohm version to hit. They ain't cheap either lol...but if they live long ass life like expected, I'll be happy camper plus I'm happy to support a US built atty.

Break in... generally any new atomizer starts off a bit wimpy until they get broken in with use. The Hanna version to me seems like the break in time was about 1/2 the day but was well worth it. The flavor starts off kinda funky and they don't perform up to full potential for awhile...gotta keep at it cuz once broken in the flavor becomes awesome and they just ruck.

I usually run back to my 306's pronto when I try new attys...when I used the 357 for a full day I tried my 306 and it was just meh, not as awesome as I remembered (and I LOVED THE 306's A LOT lol). I am spoiled again by this new atty ROFL!! Now I'm just crossing my fingers that I can make them last for months like the betas did. Exciting stuff to me.

http://www.avidvaper.com/products/HH.357-Cisco-Spec-Hybrid-510-Atomizer.html

Here's a video Hanna himself made to show how to handle them, clean them, etc. Just look at the plumes of vapor :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW--6MzQoRI

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im def gonna have to try and get in on these hybrids. I love the 306 but it could always be better. I get about 2 weeks before I change attys. They are not dead by then, the flavor drops off over time tho.

BTW, they go on sale at 9pm EST tonight according to the website. I'll be refreshing!!!

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom