Gardenerjeff

Author, Teaming Series of Organic Grow Books
This is the finest travel Vape you could possibly have! The biggest hassle is getting a good torch later when you land in an airport. It's not that hard.

Every single person to whom I have shown my woody TI's has wanted at least one. After they try one, they insist on taking my second unit. No way!!

If you were sitting on the fence, you are not listening.

Teaming,

GardenerJeff

geraldus

I think I got it. The VapCap Adapter 1st generation combustion eliminator.
VapCap%20Adapter%20small_zpsascdensb.jpg
Great idea ! That will work on some of my old bubbles !

Oogendoogan

WPA.

It seems many like the VapCap when used through some nice water. So I have been working on different types of VonGs. Nice wood ones, glass ones and well, I just couldn't resist.

How about we take a little bit of the star killing supernova precursor element and turn it into something awesome.

The VonG gets heavy

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

When I was thinking about a better way to integrate the VapCap to water, and another way to demonstrate the versatility of the VAS (VapCap Accessory System) it just seemed like this would be a good way to do it.
I know I like the textural llook feel of the heavily etched surface. The metallic grain of the layers is also interesting to look at.

This is my first prototype, so I don't know if I will make any more, but it sure is cool to look at.

Cheers,

George
Lol @VapCap when we were talking about the mallee Burl you didn't mention this! It's beatuful, you have outdone yourself again. Cant wait to see the new stuff! My Vong order should make my Dynavap collection complete! (I don't need a standard sized stem to swap with my Blackwood short right??) lol we will see how long that way of thinking lasts me ;)
Cheers everyone,
Stay vaped

Oogendoogan,

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I have a complaint about George. I ordered my woody in March and it still hasn't been shipped. That's not the complaint. The issue is that since I ordered he keeps coming up with new additions and alterations to sell. And I keep adding them to my original order. I think he needs to take an inventing break for a while so I can save some money.
But not until I order one of Ed's new stems.

I feel the same, I jump on VC at first thanks to its low price but I already spent on dynavap more than in any other vape related buying places... it is inevitable though: so simple, so effective, so small, so SEXY!

I have a small order for custom - spares from march too and even if I try to be reasonable about what I spend, I already added to it twice at least. XL codenser and wooden mouthpiece being last addiction.

Damascus vong looks gothic, would be nice with some gargoyles on the top of it :-)

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Before the pictures are up where will these be available to purchase & more importantly when.

85064d1424194966-cnc-ed-myself-couple-new-badges-today-shut-up-take-my-money-meme-visa-bank-card.jpg

Alright am up and almost at em, coffee is bout brewed, going to knock out a couple cups then out to the shop I go high ho All these pieces will be able to be purchased through George and his end, I am just spinning the wood, no tails, only good times! Am really excited to get done, get the pics and post up, want a hint, how bout Bog Oak! Oh forgot you asked when, they will ship out Monday priority, he should have em Wednesday so they are out of my hands at that point. Lol I told George to tighten up every chance he gets in a text, he replied tighten up? Guess that's a southern way of saying hey get your butt in gear!

ddz2

Cleaning advice needed! I did an ISO wash, and the resinous material migrated to the tiny holes of the circular glass disk, which are now 100% clogged. I'm reluctant to take flame to the area directly to melt the goo that's blocking the holes. Suggestions appreciated!

ddz2,

Kevea

Cleaning advice needed! I did an ISO wash, and the resinous material migrated to the tiny holes of the circular glass disk, which are now 100% clogged. I'm reluctant to take flame to the area directly to melt the goo that's blocking the holes. Suggestions appreciated!

Remove the ceramic disk by pushing it out with something (I use a cut down chopstick) from the mouthpiece end. Be careful as there are two c-clips that hold it, one on top and one on the bottom that sits in a groove. Once removed, torch it clean and it'll be good as new!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@ddz2 I've just done a clean up and as long as you soak then try and remove as much of the crud first the ceramic disc will push thru. As @Kevea says watch out for the clips, if you can get something that fit the inside diameter it helps push them back in place. I cut a pen up. The ceramic comes up like new when torched.
sbk1uq9m.jpg
P7FFdLnm.jpg

Nice day here again so Mrs PP and myself took ourselves off down the river. At her suggestion I took some green, she doesn't partake. I was quite happy not to but you know 'gift horse' an all that.
Knew it would be a challenge getting some decent heat into the cap so, as you do, I knocked up a shield. She looked a bit 'WTF have you been doing now?' when I came back from the shed.
@killick I thought you may enjoy this little torch add on.
1a5WXUom.jpg
0TGqHw1m.jpg

I will make it a bit prettier when I get a proper chance but it worked well, too bloody well, I waited for the click first try and missed it. No drama just spat the load out and started again. The click came much sooner that I expected. The concentration of heat inside the SS tube meant it got to temp faster. And spinning well you can see how easy it made it.
@Ruta, canoeing just got better. Mrs PP did remark on how much of a mess we will be when we go out.

EDIT. To prove a point to myself and in the name of science, I love this branch of science, I have just run a bowl as I walked round the garden, my VC has now become a full on outdoor vape. Needs some fettling but I can see this tube or something similar becoming a permanent fixture.

Last edited:

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Wow, that looks awesome piggie

Don't gotta worry about being able to see the flame either. I find that one of the most difficult things when out in the daylight.

Does it get pretty warm ?

I've been looking at a bunch of torches online and came across this thing

Going by the amazon picture I thought it was pretty big, now after watching that video and seeing it compared to a bill it looks like it could be a pretty sweet home torch for the vapcap.

Biggest tank I've seen.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Yes cwheezy it does get hot but I didn't find it a problem. Others may. I figure it's a butane powered device something is gonna get hot and you make allowances for it. I will be looking to get round that problem when I get a chance.
I've been looking at all manner of stuff to use, I've looked at those ones and I've also looked at the tiny gas camping stoves you can get, and then coke can meths burners. I was supposed to have received 3 of these but they don't look like they made it.
EVcXo9um.jpg

I got one for @Ruta and two for myself, one to try as is and one to mod into something along the lines of the one below. If it is no good it will become a new stash container. I now have to re-order and wait again.
uzv4ozZm.jpg

The wicked ones should be similar to a Bic, I would have thought, a slow time to the first click. This one I've seen a video of the end glowing red. It's a similar principle to these, pre-heat the ring on this one and the alcohol vapor comes out like a jet rather than a lazy flame.
JTvUVfMm.jpg

Oogendoogan

Yes cwheezy it does get hot but I didn't find it a problem. Others may. I figure it's a butane powered device something is gonna get hot and you make allowances for it. I will be looking to get round that problem when I get a chance.
I've been looking at all manner of stuff to use, I've looked at those ones and I've also looked at the tiny gas camping stoves you can get, and then coke can meths burners. I was supposed to have received 3 of these but they don't look like they made it.
EVcXo9um.jpg

I got one for @Ruta and two for myself, one to try as is and one to mod into something along the lines of the one below. If it is no good it will become a new stash container. I now have to re-order and wait again.
uzv4ozZm.jpg

The wicked ones should be similar to a Bic, I would have thought, a slow time to the first click. This one I've seen a video of the end glowing red. It's a similar principle to these, pre-heat the ring on this one and the alcohol vapor comes out like a jet rather than a lazy flame.
JTvUVfMm.jpg

Is that one at the bottom with the ring a torch? Or does the ring just get hot so it would be more like a heating station? Looks like if those coils that form the ring got hot it would be perfect for heating the Vapcap, sorry if I am just confused I can't tell if you said that it has a flame or not

Oogendoogan,

Oogendoogan

@phattpiggie thanks man! Not what I was imagining but still very very cool, seems like it could be a good sustainable way to heat my Vapcap at home! Thanks for sharing the info and knowledge :)

Plotis

He to all ,yesterday when i cleanning my ti woody and when i try to put out de screen and the ring the cerámica screen breaked i replace it with cuting a budha screen ,some body with the same problema now i go in using my vape i dont feel diferent than before.

little maggie

WPA.

It seems many like the VapCap when used through some nice water. So I have been working on different types of VonGs. Nice wood ones, glass ones and well, I just couldn't resist.

How about we take a little bit of the star killing supernova precursor element and turn it into something awesome.

The VonG gets heavy

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

When I was thinking about a better way to integrate the VapCap to water, and another way to demonstrate the versatility of the VAS (VapCap Accessory System) it just seemed like this would be a good way to do it.
I know I like the textural llook feel of the heavily etched surface. The metallic grain of the layers is also interesting to look at.

This is my first prototype, so I don't know if I will make any more, but it sure is cool to look at.

Cheers,

George
Want!!!!!

little maggie,
Reactions: Copacetic

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I just found out that omnivap mouthpiece makes a foncional seal with the orbiter, not on the 14mmjoint itself but immediately after it, when downstem begins.
Heat it and drop it inside, it is free to move but it keeps the vapor path almost sealed (some air pass by but the extraction is still very good as the overall experience)

hweezi

formally cwheezy
JTvUVfMm.jpg

Haha, at first I thought that was something like a induction coil

All we need is a tiny one of these in our pockets!

** Another neat one **

Though watching that gives me so much anxiety, I can only imagine it wouldn't be very good to make contact with that coil.

Last edited:

little maggie

I just found out that omnivap mouthpiece makes a foncional seal with the orbiter, not on the 14mmjoint itself but immediately after it, when downstem begins.
Heat it and drop it inside, it is free to move but it keeps the vapor path almost sealed (some air pass by but the extraction is still very good as the overall experience)
Could you post a picture of the section you mean?

little maggie,

ddz2

Cleaning Issues, Again

First, thank you to @Kevea and @phattpiggie for their help.

Second, in reading this thread, so many of you have come up with tremendous ingenuity in mods. Wish I were at that level. Instead, I am still struggling to learn basic cleaning techniques.

Background:

My last vape was so long ago and bizarre you'd laugh. Edibles only since, which means decarboxylation. However, circumstances suddenly required stealth decarboxylation, which led me to fc and the Vapcap.

I think with a little willpower and effort you can do a very credible decarb job with the Vapcap, but I say willpower because if you fall to the lure and capabilities of the Vapcap, and your willpower fails, you will find yourself hitting the Vapcap very hard. Suddenly, edibles rarely, mostly Vapcap. Trouble is, and it's the only Vapcap problem for me, is the cleaning problem. Plant material here is very resinous, coupled with hard hits and within 24 hours there's an astounding amount of resin buildup; a formerly clean piece of glass needs cleaning again, and it's been only a day.

The ceramic disk with the tiny holes are 100% blocked in my favorite tube. I'm so afraid of poking at it to remove it. So far I have a poor track record with breakage of parts. (More on that in a moment.) Will I be able to re-insert it after torching it? And exactly how do I torch it? Hold it with tweezers and flame away?

Since my first cleaning session, with 99% ISO, the following has happened:

1. Even though I considered myself not a klutz and very careful with fragile glass, while rinsing with hot water after soaking I immediately chipped the tip at the end above the ceramic disk. George did great service and replaced the tube as warranty, even though I was the klutz. And the replacement had dual carbs, which I promptly favored over the single carb.

2. The first time I removed the concentrator, I pinched off the glass tip!! I don't know what the hell I thought I was doing, but I didn't realize the tip is that fragile, obviously. I was very glad to learn it's part of George's brainstorm modularity design, and cheap to replace.

3. First time I removed an o-ring I ripped it in half.

4. I'm reading through this huge thread, trying to come up with something to do with this fairly vast amount of continuously-appearing resin in the concentrator, and all the ideas sound great and difficult. I needed something really simple, so I torched the tube itself (spinning it, not too hot, etc.) , way below the ceramic disk but obviously above the carb holes, and that was very nice. After doing that a few times, I looked at the tube and thought, "Oh great, burnt-on carbon deposits. Now what?"

So I've probably made every mistake you can make. However, I don't care, as the Vapcap is an amazing device, in terms of performance. At least if you like hardcore. As a decarb device, it requires willpower, preferably a somewhat larger chamber, and of course a built-in heat source, as the infinite variables of hand-spinning a device with a torch means a perfect decarb will be an accident rather than a repeatable event. So I'd be greatly interested in a non-butane Dynavap product, given the superior performance I've experienced with the Vapcap.

Sorry for the digression. I have a serious problem -- the disc in my favorite tube is totally clogged. My other tube is now gunking up quickly. So, given 1, 2, 3, and 4 above, what are my chances of removing the ceramic disk, torching it, and re-inserting the disk without damage? To top it off, it's the ceramic disk in the dual carb chamber that's completely clogged, and I will be devastated (wish that were an exaggeration) if I screw it up.

I just went to the Dynavap store and see that for $10 I can a get replacement glass tube with screen. That's good to know, for sure. Even that's modular. Thing is, at the rate I am gunking these things up, it is going to get expensive.

And for Omnivap owners, if I graduate to that, how is your cleaning routine different if you previously used the Vapcap?

Thank you for any help and comments!

Last edited:

Tommy10

Great idea ! That will work on some of my old bubbles !

In my head that's what the perfect VC looks like? Wanted to pull the trigger on a VonG but think it may be too large waiting to see what else is coming out... How do we get one of these tiny ones!?!?

Tommy10,

bhawkins94

Cleaning Issues, Again

First, thank you to @Kevea and @phattpiggie for their help.

Second, in reading this thread, so many of you have come up with tremendous ingenuity in mods. Wish I were at that level. Instead, I am still struggling to learn basic cleaning techniques.

Background:

My last vape was so long ago and bizarre you'd laugh. Edibles only since, which means decarboxylation. However, circumstances suddenly required stealth decarboxylation, which led me to fc and the Vapcap.

I think with a little willpower and effort you can do a very credible decarb job with the Vapcap, but I say willpower because if you fall to the lure and capabilities of the Vapcap, and your willpower fails, you will find yourself hitting the Vapcap very hard. Suddenly, edibles rarely, mostly Vapcap. Trouble is, and it's the only Vapcap problem for me, is the cleaning problem. Plant material here is very resinous, coupled with hard hits and within 24 hours there's an astounding amount of resin buildup; a formerly clean piece of glass needs cleaning again, and it's been only a day.

The ceramic disk with the tiny holes are 100% blocked in my favorite tube. I'm so afraid of poking at it to remove it. So far I have a poor track record with breakage of parts. (More on that in a moment.) Will I be able to re-insert it after torching it? And exactly how do I torch it? Hold it with tweezers and flame away?

Since my first cleaning session, with 99% ISO, the following has happened:

1. Even though I considered myself not a klutz and very careful with fragile glass, while rinsing with hot water after soaking I immediately chipped the tip at the end above the ceramic disk. George did great service and replaced the tube as warranty, even though I was the klutz. And the replacement had dual carbs, which I promptly favored over the single carb.

2. The first time I removed the concentrator, I pinched off the glass tip!! I don't know what the hell I thought I was doing, but I didn't realize the tip is that fragile, obviously. I was very glad to learn it's part of George's brainstorm modularity design, and cheap to replace.

3. First time I removed an o-ring I ripped it in half.

4. I'm reading through this huge thread, trying to come up with something to do with this fairly vast amount of continuously-appearing resin in the concentrator, and all the ideas sound great and difficult. I needed something really simple, so I torched the tube itself (spinning it, not too hot, etc.) , way below the ceramic disk but obviously above the carb holes, and that was very nice. After doing that a few times, I looked at the tube and thought, "Oh great, burnt-on carbon deposits. Now what?"

So I've probably made every mistake you can make. However, I don't care, as the Vapcap is an amazing device, in terms of performance. At least if you like hardcore. As a decarb device, it requires willpower, preferably a somewhat larger chamber, and of course a built-in heat source, as the infinite variables of hand-spinning a device with a torch means a perfect decarb will be an accident rather than a repeatable event. So I'd be greatly interested in a non-butane Dynavap product, given the superior performance I've experienced with the Vapcap.

Sorry for the digression. I have a serious problem -- the disc in my favorite tube is totally clogged. My other tube is now gunking up quickly. So, given 1, 2, 3, and 4 above, what are my chances of removing the ceramic disk, torching it, and re-inserting the disk without damage? To top it off, it's the ceramic disk in the dual carb chamber that's completely clogged, and I will be devastated (wish that were an exaggeration) if I screw it up.

I just went to the Dynavap store and see that for $10 I can a get replacement glass tube with screen. That's good to know, for sure. Even that's modular. Thing is, at the rate I am gunking these things up, it is going to get expensive.

And for Omnivap owners, if I graduate to that, how is your cleaning routine different if you previously used the Vapcap?

Thank you for any help and comments!

In my experience with the OG and OV cleaning the Omni is far easier. I just take a cotton swab with a bit of alcohol and send it through the condenser and swabbed it around the bowl. Give it a good rinse and I'm ready to go once it dries. After about a week of neglecting to clean it my ceramic screen was pretty gunked and I broke it when trying to remove it. To be fair I was trying to push it out with a flat head screwdriver so it just tore right through. For anyone trying to remove the ceramic screen for cleaning be sure to use something like a wooden dowel to make sure the pressure is being spread instead of focused on one area.

EDIT: to clarify before breaking my ceramic screen I was cleaning every 3 or 4 days. The week of now cleaning consisted of lots of playing with the OV and showing off so it got pretty gunked

Last edited:
Top Bottom