hweezi

formally cwheezy
See the only thing holding me off on the Vong right at this moment is I like being able to spin my vapcap by holding the mouthpiece.

I'm really interested in the thought of an 14mm tappered mouthpiece. Crossing my fingers it could work.

Would really add to the modularity. Think of all the wood combinations :mmmm:

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Just tryied for the first time my OV through water and I fully realised how thick vapor cames out from this little device. It litterally white walled my orbiter instantly at the second hit, I have setted the condenser quite inside the ti tip restricting airflow but air intake was fully open as always. I pushed it a little more than usual on the hot side as I was using it through water and abv cames very dark but brown not black precombustioning thing.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Ed ( @Ed's TnT ) your woodwork is absolutely stunning in person and no amount of photography can do it justice. I swear, what I saw from you is a whole new ball game of woodworking.

Woooohoooo now thats what I like to hear my man, thanks so much for the kind words! I am just now seeing this post, you are so right, its really stinking hard to show the character of the wood I work. Its alot of fun to make these pieces, George makes this project alot of fun with his ideas and trying to bring them to life, challenging and fun all at the same time. Really appreciate your post bro, just wait hitting the shop hard, will have some flavor for all yall to look at in the coming days, stay calm, get your heads right and go ahead an open your wallet, I see wood in you alls future!

who.stin

The one thing that I really love about the VapCap is its versatility. I can either use it like a one-hitter or even spread out a bowl for maximum extraction in a session of maybe 3-4 heat cycles. All it really comes down to is preference for the individual.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
See the only thing holding me off on the Vong right at this moment is I like being able to spin my vapcap by holding the mouthpiece.

I'm really interested in the thought of an 14mm tappered mouthpiece. Crossing my fingers it could work.

Would really add to the modularity. Think of all the wood combinations :mmmm:

Yeah that's a big part of the draw for the XL, I would like to try it some day. I do have an OmniVap coming that will have no Ti center body, instead it will have an 18mm VonG body with the same Ti tip, condenser, and mouthpiece (along with a spare glass body). I wonder if that could work with XL condenser and one of the wooden mouthpieces and spin as you described? Doesn't need to be an Omni, so just a regular TiWoody VonG but with an XL condenser and wooden mouthpiece... I can't wait to see what new thing you and @VapCap have cooked up @Ed's TnT, very much looking forward to getting another WonG of yours along with trying the OmniVap and an OG standard VapCap as well... Keep it up brother!

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
4/20 vapcap came today. The first 10 or so loads went not so well. The cap would click, no vapor. Or the cap would click but the edges were combusting, so I would dump the rest of the load.

Not sure what changed honestly, I feel I am doing the same thing, but now when the cap clicks, it vaporizes. Yay!

The vapor is not bad, a little wispy for my taste so far. Probably more operator error. I will keep practicing though. Maybe I'm just more used to the volume of vapor from the more open airpath of Daisy, and this is just an adjustment. I dunno.

For the price though, that it vaporizes, and tastes decent... I can't complain one bit. My hat's off to George for offering the sale price. Thank you man.

Hope to be back with a wtf, so this is how it really packs a punch moment in the near future.

Peace all.

milKmArsh

Hey all,
I've been playing with my og vc for about a week now.
I really find that tearing straight from the bud works best.

One question I have is how many times are people re-heating a load?
I find that if I tear straight from the bud, the second heat up it almost/partially combusts.

Also, I'm finding the vapor really harsh/hot and I am guaranteed to cough (badly) when I use it.

I think it is a great vap, for the amount I use to get a hit is awesome. But it's just too harsh for me and I risk burning.
Am I doing something wrong?

(i have a quad lighter, I think that may be too intense for second heat up)

milKmArsh,

who.stin

Hey all,
I've been playing with my og vc for about a week now.
I really find that tearing straight from the bud works best.

One question I have is how many times are people re-heating a load?
I find that if I tear straight from the bud, the second heat up it almost/partially combusts.

Also, I'm finding the vapor really harsh/hot and I am guaranteed to cough (badly) when I use it.

I think it is a great vap, for the amount I use to get a hit is awesome. But it's just too harsh for me and I risk burning.
Am I doing something wrong?

(i have a quad lighter, I think that may be too intense for second heat up)

Are you cutting the torch once it clicks? Or a couple of seconds after?

I use a single flame torch and I aim for the middle or towards the end of the cap to get a faster click for a more flavorful hit. I only really find my hits to be harsh when I go 3 seconds after the click. I also tend to point the flame a little farther while re-heating and for less than 3 seconds after the click just so I don't accidentally combust.

Your quad lighter covers a lot more surface area than my single-flame torch, so keep that in mind while you're heating the cap. Try to distance the flame a bit more and for less time after the click to see if there's any difference in harshness.

I felt the same when I first started using mine because I just felt like I was doing it wrong, but all you really need is practice.

milKmArsh

Are you cutting the torch once it clicks? Or a couple of seconds after?

I use a single flame torch and I aim for the middle or towards the end of the cap to get a faster click for a more flavorful hit. I only really find my hits to be harsh when I go 3 seconds after the click. I also tend to point the flame a little farther while re-heating and for less than 3 seconds after the click just so I don't accidentally combust.

Your quad lighter covers a lot more surface area than my single-flame torch, so keep that in mind while you're heating the cap. Try to distance the flame a bit more and for less time after the click to see if there's any difference in harshness.

I felt the same when I first started using mine because I just felt like I was doing it wrong, but all you really need is practice.

Yeah, once it clicks I stop. I have been moving the flame up in recent days, that might be making it too hot? I'm going to hold the cap a bit further away next time.

When it works, it's an impressive hit and I think through a bong would be great.

herbalist33

Yeah, once it clicks I stop. I have been moving the flame up in recent days, that might be making it too hot? I'm going to hold the cap a bit further away next time.

When it works, it's an impressive hit and I think through a bong would be great.

Are you turning the cap as you heat it too? I spin the Vapcap round with my fingers as I heat so that I'm heating all around the cap, and not just on one side.

Also, are you able to adjust your flame length on your lighter? If so, turn it down a touch. I havnt heard much talk in here about people adjusting their flame lengths, but I learned from the lotus the difference that your flame length can make. I have a few different lighters, with varying flame lengths, and each one heats the Vapcap slightly differently (quicker/slower/harder/softer).

who.stin

Yeah, you could be making it too hot.. especially on the second heat cycle. Sometimes I'm barely touching the cap with the point of my flame. I usually only do this when I feel like having a session with multiple heat cycles.

The VapCap through a water adapter is where it really shines, in my opinion. I treat it like a one hitter through my little bubbler attachment and get a GREAT sense of satisfaction when I see my glass milk up almost instantly. The water cools it down a bit, but it still hits me pretty damn hard. I think that has more to do with more THC being extracted at once than it being too hot though.

The versatility of the VapCap not only caters to the different types of smokers, but also adapts to the situation and environment that you have available to you. Some might prefer a harsh hit, while others might want flavor. Whatever the case may be, the VapCap covers the board pretty well.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
4/20 vapcap came today. The first 10 or so loads went not so well. The cap would click, no vapor. Or the cap would click but the edges were combusting, so I would dump the rest of the load.

Not sure what changed honestly, I feel I am doing the same thing, but now when the cap clicks, it vaporizes. Yay!

The vapor is not bad, a little wispy for my taste so far. Probably more operator error. I will keep practicing though. Maybe I'm just more used to the volume of vapor from the more open airpath of Daisy, and this is just an adjustment. I dunno.

For the price though, that it vaporizes, and tastes decent... I can't complain one bit. My hat's off to George for offering the sale price. Thank you man.

Hope to be back with a wtf, so this is how it really packs a punch moment in the near future.

Peace all.

It was when I started using it with my bubbler that I noticed how great a vape it is. Before that, all I thought I was getting is whispy hits also. I was like meh. But then when I got a $1 plastic mouthpiece that fits the 14mm adapter that's when the magic started for me. I could see the massive hits it was producing and I could dial it in. Plus, the hits were easier on my throat.

Are the Vongs available in both 14mm and 18mm versions?

VapCap

Manufacturer
WPA.

It seems many like the VapCap when used through some nice water. So I have been working on different types of VonGs. Nice wood ones, glass ones and well, I just couldn't resist.

How about we take a little bit of the star killing supernova precursor element and turn it into something awesome.

The VonG gets heavy

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

When I was thinking about a better way to integrate the VapCap to water, and another way to demonstrate the versatility of the VAS (VapCap Accessory System) it just seemed like this would be a good way to do it.
I know I like the textural llook feel of the heavily etched surface. The metallic grain of the layers is also interesting to look at.

This is my first prototype, so I don't know if I will make any more, but it sure is cool to look at.

Cheers,

George

Quint

WPA.

It seems many like the VapCap when used through some nice water. So I have been working on different types of VonGs. Nice wood ones, glass ones and well, I just couldn't resist.

How about we take a little bit of the star killing supernova precursor element and turn it into something awesome.

The VonG gets heavy

IMG_20160505_230227977_zpsfwrykgwh.jpg

When I was thinking about a better way to integrate the VapCap to water, and another way to demonstrate the versatility of the VAS (VapCap Accessory System) it just seemed like this would be a good way to do it.
I know I like the textural llook feel of the heavily etched surface. The metallic grain of the layers is also interesting to look at.

This is my first prototype, so I don't know if I will make any more, but it sure is cool to look at.

Cheers,

George

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. If you do a run, I'd be in for one :)

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Yeah that's a big part of the draw for the XL, I would like to try it some day. I do have an OmniVap coming that will have no Ti center body, instead it will have an 18mm VonG body with the same Ti tip, condenser, and mouthpiece (along with a spare glass body). I wonder if that could work with XL condenser and one of the wooden mouthpieces and spin as you described? Doesn't need to be an Omni, so just a regular TiWoody VonG but with an XL condenser and wooden mouthpiece... I can't wait to see what new thing you and @VapCap have cooked up @Ed's TnT, very much looking forward to getting another WonG of yours along with trying the OmniVap and an OG standard VapCap as well... Keep it up brother!

Yeah, I don't think the omnivap will spin like the woodies, but I think George has even posted the XL MP + VonG combo here already, and confirmed it did spin.

I just put my order in for a 14mm tapered MP, George said he'll be able to tackle one for me. Can't freaking wait for the flush fit!

Last edited:

Oogendoogan

Yeah, I don't think the omnivap will spin like the woodies, but I think George has even posted the XL MP + VonG combo here already, and confirmed it did spin.

I just put my order in for a 14mm tapered MP, George said he'll be able to tackle one for me. Can't freaking wait for the flush fit!
That sounds awesome!! I don't know what I want now.. I really think that a Vong stem to swap with my Blackwood short stem would be great but also a tapered mouthpiece!?! God I'm going to have to order one eventually lol. Post pictures when you get it please!

milKmArsh

Are you turning the cap as you heat it too? I spin the Vapcap round with my fingers as I heat so that I'm heating all around the cap, and not just on one side.

Also, are you able to adjust your flame length on your lighter? If so, turn it down a touch. I havnt heard much talk in here about people adjusting their flame lengths, but I learned from the lotus the difference that your flame length can make. I have a few different lighters, with varying flame lengths, and each one heats the Vapcap slightly differently (quicker/slower/harder/softer).

Yeah I spin it. Holding it away from the lighter about 4cm seems to be better.
The post from VapCap re the Vong looks perfect!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
As Spring has well and truly sprung here in the UK I figured a little cleaning was due.
qpXPek4m.jpg
RBuxbQNm.jpg

By pushing up and pinching I found the 'o' rings can be deformed enough that they pucker. I got a pin under them and they came off with out to much worry of breaking. If you have a Ti tip then get some of these 'o' rings I have snapped one and it looks like another has a tear in it. It would be a shame to not have a working VC for the sake of a few dollars.
7NJ911Bm.jpg

All stripped and ready for an Iso bath. I hang everything on cotton this way it can be dunked and removed from the tube with ease.
@Archaicrevival this is how my screen set up looks. The MFLB type screen sits on the original screen and clip and is held in with it's own clip. Even tho it's a much finer mesh than the Titan ones so far it's required less cleaning. No more losing it when 'peashootering' the used contents.
6hS37rjm.jpg

All looking great @VapCap as I've said to you before everything you are turning out has that 'got to have it' appeal. And as @Copacetic says nice DONG.

Archaicrevival

@Archaicrevival this is how my screen set up looks. The MFLB type screen sits on the original screen and clip and is held in with it's own clip. Even tho it's a much finer mesh than the Titan ones so far it's required less cleaning. No more losing it when 'peashootering' the used contents.
6hS37rjm.jpg

All looking great @VapCap as I've said to you before everything you are turning out has that 'got to have it' appeal. And as @Copacetic says nice DONG.

Yep that's the same thing I did. In my opinion it's necessary.

Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Well, my 420 order of an OG VC arrived today, and I immediately decided that it was time to vape my first proper reclaim.
Since I F'd Combustion about 9 months ago I've been using the same glass stem in my Inhalater 05 and despite my world class low tolerance the golden goodies have been collecting slowly (incredibly slowly given that I vape most every day).
The de-gummed hemp fiber George sent in my last order (for free, bless you George) came in handy to clean out the glass stem (I heated the stem between two hot water bottles and cleaned it rifle barrel style)

The taste and effects are STELLAR!
Despite ending virtually every bowl at a high temp' to make the most of my stash, the 'claim is packed with flavor.
Now I might be considered slightly weird as I LOVE the taste of AVB (unless it's really dark), and the claim had some of that flavor about it, a little like some hard, dark hashes too.
My VC burly also communicated the taste brilliantly, just loving it.

I've hardly touched my INH since the Burly arrived, so I wont be able to gather claim from it again for an aeon , but I'll be using the same 'cleaning' technique on all my condenser tubes from here on in.
I rate my INH 05 really quite highly, and have enjoyed using it immensely, but I'd trade two of them for a DynaVap Burly or VonG (maybe more for a DonG!)

Cheers @VapCap ! :cheers:

P.S.
The shape you've chosen for the top of the Damascus VonG is really appealing, nicely done.
Is the joint 14mm?
I'd also like to suggest a mouthpiece that tapers with the lines of the Damascus joint.
I really love the wooden mouthpieces, but find it looks a little out of place on both the wooden and Damascus VonG's.
The Damascus and burlwood combo' works fantastically well though.

PPS.
Here's my OG combined with my XL condenser and walnut(?) mouthpiece:

qBRyxp0.jpg

This combo makes the OG exactly the same length as the standard woody, and it fits into the DynastashER perfectly.
:smug:

little maggie

I have a complaint about George. I ordered my woody in March and it still hasn't been shipped. That's not the complaint. The issue is that since I ordered he keeps coming up with new additions and alterations to sell. And I keep adding them to my original order. I think he needs to take an inventing break for a while so I can save some money.
But not until I order one of Ed's new stems.

Top Bottom