stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
My nomination for best lighter for the vapcap goes to the Vertigo Tron...fucking game changer!

The pop-up lid ,that slides amongst the fins ,
-I've to be honest-does not appeal that much to me.
i think it gets in the way,some sort of a "spacer" .
Nope.Might be a gamechanger ,but not in my court.
I will stick to the ol' Vertigo Z plus Extreme .

But I can see that lighter finding it's place
within the "not-so-careful -while -heating " VC users.
That lid forces one to constantly watch what he/she is doing with the lighter .

Mr. Me2

You nailed it, @antispleen! The dry herb atomizer is indeed too small.

The solution is the donut atomizer, @ 10 and 13mm. The 13mm is large enough to happily serve as a VapCap heat source.

Here, with protective cover off

gQuoktn.jpg

Works like no messy coil could. 510 thread.

Any downside? Well, you need enough wattage to pump it up to snuff, meaning a 18650, which in turn means
a little heft. A tad heavy.

So, if you are a Holly Golightly, it may not be 4U.

But, Hoss, it works for me. :evil: waiting on the 10mm donuts....

(Hi, @Morty!)
Hey @stark1 ... Nice selfie! Is somebody pining for a pull?

Edit - I was talking about your latest avatar. And THEN I saw your mom pic!

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
I turn the lighter the other way.:myday:

Well,that's a solution,indeed.
If you're heating usually towards the middle or top of the cap.
I tend to bake till " well done " my herb.
And usually I heat just above the bottom "lip" of the cap.
Can't go lower than that !
Using the TRON with my thump upwards -like you do -
will put the lid right at the top of the cap.
Except If I boost the flame ,so I can hold the lighter further away from the cap already.
But steppin' on the gas ,consumes more fuel ...

Nice ,cool looking lighter.
Dual flames in line.

I like the two flames ,
but still I prefer the versatility and precision of the merging dual flames .

Does it have a tank window ?
Transparent tank ?

Stainless steel shell ?

If yes ,then I might give it a try ...

Cheers
:peace:

You guys must have steadier hands than I do. I'm always twirling the thing out of the flame...until that little lid just landed in there!
Yes ,if the torch lighter is used under broad daylight ,outdoors ,
I;ve to admit that most of the times I 'm successfully managing to heat the air surrounding the cap ,
than the cap itself .
But indoors,nope,never had such an issue.

Please merge ! :doh:
:bang::bang::bang:
I think it's the fourth or fifth time ,I'm doing this same mistake ...
:mental:

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian congrats on the new vape!!

@Squiby thanks for the solid explanation. Much appreciated!!

@stickstones the Tron is awesome. Using the fins to position the lid is genius. I really like that you can hold the VapCap parallel or perpendicular to the flame depending on the heat you want or the conditions require
The VAP CAP - "M" was super easy to use.
It is in my rotation.
I MEDICATE normally, however one get's STONED pretty easy with this thing?
Breaking SHIT is what I do?
The "M" is pretty strong!
FUNCTION is very powerful!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
It is in my rotation.
i remember seeing you in a few places refusing to come over to the VC side...great to see you over here

wait till you try the Omni XL:dog: vas...vas...vas...

asdf420

I was getting more vapor by just doing one long lung pull w/ a "water pipe". I can only do a mouth pull for a second or two, and then have to open the carb and sometimes I spit out a bit of vapor at the end of a mouth pull. Still get baked though lol. So much nicer than combusting. Not needing anything else at the moment... maybe a ti tipped vong one day, I can see how a shorter toking period would be nicer. definitely some sativa

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
It is in my rotation.

The M is so strong ,that it works even without it's condenser .Try it and see for yourself !
Somewhat you'll get better taste this way ,some say.

If you do not grind the bud ,then it works even without it's CCD
( thin laser cut screen inside the chamber ).A friend of mine lost the CCD of his M
and for more than three or four weeks now ,he 's pretty happy with his CCD-less M !!! :o
....Yes ,I know ..I've already mentioned that to him ...:mental:
Still ,it works.

Amazing ,tiny ,little vaporizing beast !

But hey ,ataxian...
One word : Titanium !
;)

Cheers.

P.S.
Two Words : " eXtra Long "
:rockon:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
@WakeAndVape (Vapelife X) is that dude!!
@WakeAndVape You are that dude!! :cool: Can't believe that got by me. I (We) like your vids and refer to them. I like the music, production and style as well as the comprehensive review/info crammed in. Will get around to watching the ones for the vapes I didn't or don't clearly want to buy. Can't afford to watch them until I think I want one for myself. :drool: Y'know how it is with vas...vas...vas....

My nomination for best lighter for the vapcap goes to the Vertigo Tron...fucking game changer!

That is a thin lid. That might be a good trick with the lid for say frostbite hands. (Winter has arrived here.) Do like the form and that it's a twin. Found a pic of that model elsewhere with a fill window. My other Vertigo has been fairly reliable. If this one can carry a lot more fuel for it's size would be another plus. Will watch this one a little closer. Thanks @stickstones

The M is so strong ,that it works even without it's condenser .Try it and see for yourself !
Somewhat you'll get better taste this way ,some say.
Like the idea of going even that much lighter and less parts. The condenser seems to do more work in cooling the vapor anyway. :2c: If you prefer carbless and more throat. It's SS like the condenser. That's worth a try.

Godspeed

So, if I understand what George said, his opinion is that the main practical difference between tip gen 4 and 5 is that 5, with 2 fewer fins, should heat up and cool down a little faster. I need a little help understanding why that is a bad thing. The only time I find myself waiting with the VC is when the tip has cooled off enough to no longer produce, but the click has not yet happened, so I am waiting for the cap to click.

I'm not criticizing, I am trying to understand. If the faster cool down occurs at the top of the range, that is bad because it would reduce the "production" period of the process. If the faster cool down occurs after production has already stopped, the change would reduce any unproductive wait time waiting for the click. I suppose whether the change adds or takes away anything important has to do with when it occurs, and that is not gonna be easy to determine.

@Stu ? :bowdown:

In truth, the change is likely small enough that the practical difference is minimal, but it IS an interesting change to consider.

I think the point is that your flower spends less time being heated and thus degraded.

For a microdoser like myself, I like this feature as I can hit the device multiple times over the period of a few hours and get fine flavor and almost metered doses.

Squiby

That Tron video is interesting. I typically spin my Omni a full 360 degrees continually. Is that not the best method?
I prefer a full rotation myself; whether in my left hand being heated with a right handed lighter or my Vapcap held in my right hand twirling it over a desk lighter the technique I prefer is the same. I nestle the mp in the centre of my cupped Palm, lightly supported by my little finger and ring finger while my other two fingers twirl the Vapcap with my thumb. Nice and easy, slow as you go.

NizzyJones

I've always rolled it back and forth between my fingers like stickstones except parallel to my fingers but I rotate my wrist as well to get the full 360º coverage. (Actually I had to watch myself do it just now to realize I was even doing the finger rolling – I knew saying I was rotating it 360º with my wrist sounded... wrong :lol:) Still trying to get used to spinning it on the mouthpiece I added to the woody. Generally give it up and just fall back on old habits.

asdf420

Blah. I used a bic and uh. Just kinda close to the flame, heating the bottom and then the middle... it clicked tick-tack very fast and I hit and it felt just like smoke!!! I was sure I was done for, and then uh.. it's dark brown-yellowish? It doesn't look as burnt to me as in the photo... It just felt pretty damn hot and it was a ton.

Oh fuck, I have bloodshot eyes.

ANhye8c.jpg

I guess it's scary how far these will go if you really push them? Or it combusted in the middle of the chamber or something.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
i remember seeing you in a few places refusing to come over to the VC side...great to see you over here

wait till you try the Omni XL:dog: vas...vas...vas...
If your around this site you will discover I'm a HIPPY that has young gun's in my tribe!

CANNABIS is my goal!

The "M" will mess you up.

Don't be scared it's only POT?
WAKE & VAPE I don't know what a OMNI XL is?

Thianiam is better than a "M"?
How high can you get?
EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE PLEASE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom