Vapology

I have had that thought also. The coil would last a long time, the cap would only come in contact with ceramic. The divine crossing dry herb atty would be perfect if it were just a bit bigger...I think whoever manages to produce a quality 510 heater for the dynavap line is going to sell a heaping shit ton of them.

http://ineedhemp.com/product/replacement-heater-cup-gen-2-dc-dry-herb-atomizer/

@Accept and @2clicker are making experiments with a mesh RDA from vandy vape as a one hitter.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vandy-vape-mesh.25301/

Maybe this rda mesh system could be used to heat up a vapcap?!

Original-Vandy-Vape-Mesh-RDA-Tank-1-0ML-24mm-with-Bottom-Feeding-Squonk-Pin-fit-Replacement.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, if I understand what George said, his opinion is that the main practical difference between tip gen 4 and 5 is that 5, with 2 fewer fins, should heat up and cool down a little faster. I need a little help understanding why that is a bad thing. The only time I find myself waiting with the VC is when the tip has cooled off enough to no longer produce, but the click has not yet happened, so I am waiting for the cap to click.

I'm not criticizing, I am trying to understand. If the faster cool down occurs at the top of the range, that is bad because it would reduce the "production" period of the process. If the faster cool down occurs after production has already stopped, the change would reduce any unproductive wait time waiting for the click. I suppose whether the change adds or takes away anything important has to do with when it occurs, and that is not gonna be easy to determine.

@Stu ? :bowdown:

In truth, the change is likely small enough that the practical difference is minimal, but it IS an interesting change to consider.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I have had that thought also. The coil would last a long time, the cap would only come in contact with ceramic. The divine crossing dry herb atty would be perfect if it were just a bit bigger...I think whoever manages to produce a quality 510 heater for the dynavap line is going to sell a heaping shit ton of them.

http://ineedhemp.com/product/replacement-heater-cup-gen-2-dc-dry-herb-atomizer/

You nailed it, @antispleen! The dry herb atomizer is indeed too small.

The solution is the donut atomizer, @ 10 and 13mm. The 13mm is large enough to happily serve as a VapCap heat source.

Here, with protective cover off

gQuoktn.jpg

Works like no messy coil could. 510 thread.

Any downside? Well, you need enough wattage to pump it up to snuff, meaning a 18650, which in turn means
a little heft. A tad heavy.

So, if you are a Holly Golightly, it may not be 4U.

But, Hoss, it works for me. :evil: waiting on the 10mm donuts....

(Hi, @Morty!)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am never ever without my precious Vapcap. Well except for my Phattpiggie Blackwood Square.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-35#post-1193035

We are zeroing in on the Xmas crunch...only 10 days till Christmas!!! I hope everyone has their Xmas Vapcap stocking stuffers ready and wrapped to give to your loved ones.
The practice from the LOTUS came in handy! 1st try done!
lV0iUdr.jpg

I took a old (VERY OLD) VAC-O-VINE stopper and plugged it in a 18mm H2O pipe. So amazing?

oxabCa5.jpg

MODERN CIVILIZED BEHAVIOR

Last edited:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep

The solution is the donut atomizer, @ 10 and 13mm. The 13mm is large enough to happily serve as a VapCap heat source.

Here, with protective cover off

gQuoktn.jpg

Works like no messy coil could. 510 thread.

Any downside? Well, you need enough wattage to pump it up to snuff, meaning a 18650, which in turn means
a little heft. A tad heavy.

So, if you are a Holly Golightly, it may not be 4U.

But, Hoss, it works for me. :evil:
Perhaps I'm not seeing the picture properly, but I don't see how that coil could encompass a Vapcap. The coil would have to heat the vapcap on the sides not the end...what am I missing here?

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art

I'm having trouble figuring out how this works since it seems the donut would just heat the tip of the cap. I must be missing something.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian

I love that you finally got a Vapcap and that you are loving it!

Where are you stashing your new toy when not in use?
This thing: "M" is very powerful.
With water = CIVILIZED

Thank U @cybrguy right now it's on my MEDICATING counter.

A BIRD of PARADISE in each corner is a perfect hiding spot.
Using the "M" is better with a WATER PATH 4 me?

This thing can F^CK YOU HARD?

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@Squiby I was reading on your profile about o-rings and you mentioned you use 2 for the spinning m/p. Mines is still really tight on my Ti-Woody after using a month. Can you please explain?
i think it was @WakeAndVape that described a fix for the spinning MP being tight to spin. i tried it and it worked awesome. i don't remember exactly word for word his suggestion but basically you take it apart and lube up the condenser and then push and spin the condenser through the bottom of the MP pulling the condenser out the top of it. on mine as well as his, some fine wood shavings came out and the MP spins so freely now. i pushed it through a few times till it went smoothly

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy
I went ahead and caved, ordered my first dynavap. This thing just looks like too much fun. I went with the Omni xl right off the bat. :love:

So after a long odyssey, I've settled on 3: Mighty (tried and true), Flowerpot with Showercap for the home base, and the Omni xl for all the in-between. Pretty nice Trifecta if I don't say so myself.

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm having trouble figuring out how this works since it seems the donut would just heat the tip of the cap. I must be missing something.

Do tell me.....

Why M I so vakked, joust my delusions then....

l8gEfSF.jpg

This is the picture I was thinking of earlier..this same sort of coil, but a just a hair bigger would be needed for a cap.

sag

I went ahead and caved, ordered my first dynavap. This thing just looks like too much fun. I went with the Omni xl right off the bat. :love:

So after a long odyssey, I've settled on 3: Mighty (tried and true), Flowerpot with Showercap for the home base, and the Omni xl for all the in-between. Pretty nice Trifecta if I don't say so myself.

Good job, I was kinda doubtful at first, I have spent soooo much on portable vapes. I have to admit that I have found my vape...vc rocks. All my other vape toys are collecting dust.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

That's a great setup!

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy
That's a great setup!

Thanks! I was a wayward traveler for most of my vaping career. This forum really showed me the light lately so I had to join up to give kudos! Greatest vape resource on the internet by a country mile!

My first vape was a vapor bros whip style. I've owned the lifesaber, volcano, mflb, pax, pax 3, and crafty all in the past before this year. This was the year I became a professional:

Mighty for versatility, ease of use and battery life. It goes in my pocket or saddle bag on bike rides always. Works for groups. Never lets me down. Least fussy portable vape I've used.

Flowerpot for unmatched rips to tha dome at home. Big shout out to this forum on selling me on that one.

I originally looked at the dynavap to have a nice backup for the inevitability for when I have to send my mighty in for service or battery replacement, but I'm so excited after reading through this thread and watching some youtube reviews (shout out to Vapelife X on youtube if you are on here, love your concise videos of the omnivap and nonavong). I have a feeling it will be more than just a backup after seeing how awesome it performs. I CAN'T WAIT!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks! I was a wayward traveler for most of my vaping career. This forum really showed me the light lately so I had to join up to give kudos! Greatest vape resource on the internet by a country mile!

My first vape was a vapor bros whip style. I've owned the lifesaber, volcano, mflb, pax, pax 3, and crafty all in the past before this year. This was the year I became a professional:

Mighty for versatility, ease of use and battery life. It goes in my pocket or saddle bag on bike rides always. Works for groups. Never lets me down. Least fussy portable vape I've used.

Flowerpot for unmatched rips to tha dome at home. Big shout out to this forum on selling me on that one.

I originally looked at the dynavap to have a nice backup for the inevitability for when I have to send my mighty in for service or battery replacement, but I'm so excited after reading through this thread and watching some youtube reviews (shout out to Vapelife X on youtube if you are on here, love your concise videos of the omnivap and nonavong). I have a feeling it will be more than just a backup after seeing how awesome it performs. I CAN'T WAIT!

Flowerpot is a total crusher! Those are all top tier vapes no doubt.

@WakeAndVape (Vapelife X) is that dude!!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
i think it was @WakeAndVape that described a fix for the spinning MP being tight to spin. i tried it and it worked awesome. i don't remember exactly word for word his suggestion but basically you take it apart and lube up the condenser and then push and spin the condenser through the bottom of the MP pulling the condenser out the top of it. on mine as well as his, some fine wood shavings came out and the MP spins so freely now. i pushed it through a few times till it went smoothly
that about summed it up...spinning tip still going strong!

(shout out to Vapelife X on youtube if you are on here, love your concise videos of the omnivap and nonavong).

FC was home way before the YT! glad to see you here!!! :cheers: this is a place full of great people with better idea's

I like your lineup..I may try to add a FP to the lineup in the beginning of next year.
before you give up though...you have to try the WoodScents! VAS...you will learn it soon enough.

Flowerpot is a total crusher! Those are all top tier vapes no doubt.

@WakeAndVape (Vapelife X) is that dude!!
:spliff:

Top Bottom