LabPong

@LabPong,
-what are FG o-rings?
-what is that black tip made of?
-where did you get the glass -- just a straight 10mm piece?

When lubing the o-rings, can I leave them in place & just do it on the outside of the ring or do I have to remove the them?

Summer,

FG = food grade....sorry I should not use so many abv's like so many young ones do today...lol

I had ordered some Teflon drip tips from fasttech.com after I got my Arizer Air, but never used them because using the stock stems was too harsh for me, and then I got a gong quickly to use my water units. I would like to find another one or two....but not sure about fit on most. You need a 8mm connection size.

The borosilicate glass I got off ebay and just cut/grinded/buffed it to size. It is 12mm OD and 8mm ID. I would not go any thinner wall....I like how tuff my glass vapcap is. If it breaks at any time....i have extra glass stock to make a new one quickly....and it is super cheap.

I just lube my tip o-rings with my spit if I take it out to clean every couple weeks. I try not to let the ISO soak in or be on the o-rings very long at all. The worst thing you can do is allow ISO to leach out any of the lubrication oils or compounds in rubber. Being more natural or synthetic....this is a reality if you clean them a lot. I play a sport that uses rubber parts and they need to be cleaned after every use. So using any iso is a big huge no no as it drys the rubber out. So we use water and super mild soaps or cleaners that take this into effect. So I just imply the same thing but try to keep the ISO off the o-rings as much or quickly as possible when I clean the tip out. Last thing I ever want to do is change out those tiny o-rings ....

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:bigleaf:An Odyssey (in the making), in Green.
Thanks to @stardustsailor, and @VapCap ;)

F0vcsRs.jpg

CqE9yxv.jpg

Last edited:

xlr8shun

Received my 2nd M this morning. This one came with grey o-rings on the tip... I like the color contrast. Blends well with the SS.

Wonder why the change though?

george hinted at asthetics back at the beginning of sept.. but never know, could have been a sourcing issue, gray may be cheaper, or last longer.. *shrugs*

Another detail some of you may have noticed recently. We have changed the color of our high temp O-rings.

IMG_20170902_184302740_zps3sjyzl5v.jpg

It seemed like a nice minor improvement. Now the color contrast is less dramatic and the visible tip O-ring seems to blend in more with the metal of the tip. Yes this is a small detail, but it is the little details that count, right?

MinnBobber

I'm building a nice little collection now...
I think the vapcap is one of them vapes (like the solo) that's here to stay for some time....

6Zg66Tv.jpg

Thanks @phattpiggie....
.............................................................................................................
Hmmm,
I still don't understand the metric conversion. Looking at the cannabis leave, it must be :
5 Metric = 7 US :)

exime

Is there any way else to get screens? Dynavap wants $7 for shipping for something that costs $0.49 cents to ship. Slick way to make an extra buck but didn't expect that from Dynavap.

Last edited:
exime,

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Going to the hunting camp early in the morning. Going to sit in the tree stand for a few hours with the omni.

Couple weeks ago me and my brother in law was there and i seen 2 doe from my stand, he saw nothing.. I'm certain the smell from my omni attracted them in :lol:

Nice having a vape i can throw down from the tree stand, in my pack, and not worry about anything breaking. If it gets rained on, who cares. If i sit on it... it might violate my trust, hurt my ass and my feelings... But the vape itself will be fine.. After a little bit of therapy no doubt :o :lmao:

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@stark1 Here's a pic of the ti-woody in a Plenty coil ;) (a bit like a trumpet feeling)

wl9AUdh.jpg

The M itself is a tiny bit to small in diameter, but with the rubber mouthpiece it fits good - full lung pulls without any coughing :)

btw the caps fit also the small version of the moroccan sebsi pipe pottery heads, and it works somehow, taste is good - but a bit to much fiddeling to heat...

Last edited:

Hippie

Nice :love:

btw the caps fit also the small version of the moroccan sebsi pipe pottery heads, and it works somehow, taste is good - but a bit to much fiddeling to heat...

A pipes induction heater will help with that ;)
I should warn you tho, my VAS has been outa controI buying pipes since I realised I could convert them for VC use with a cork and heat them in the induction heater (says he, sat here waiting for another 5 to arrive :lol:)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 Here's a pic of the ti-woody in a Plenty coil ;) (a bit like a trumpet feeling)

wl9AUdh.jpg

The M itself is a tiny bit to small in diameter, but with the rubber mouthpiece it fits good - full lung pulls without any coughing :)

@Used2use, hey, had a couple of those chickmagnet Vanagons! :tup:

(Engines needed rebuilding @ 20K, however.)

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
hey, had a couple of those chickmagnet Vanagons! :tup:

(Engines needed rebuilding @ 20K, however.)

still got the one my dad bought new :) - ok it's a little bit newer T3 Vanagon camper, only 33 years young so in it's best age...

A pipes induction heater will help with that ;)
i doubt that, induction doesn't heat clay and the cap alone doesnt have much mass...
needed to torch the clay head from below to get to temp - doable but i've atm no motivation to refine the technique with practise, enough other working tools :D

lexawoods

So my first introduction to butane vapes was the omni XL and WOW. I've been enjoying the effects I get from the vapcap so much that I haven't even turned on my enano (that's been my daily driver for 2 years) since the green package showed up at my door!

I had a minor issue with the condenser and found the cap was too tight as it would get stuck on one of the fins. George went above and beyond in addressing my concerns.

Took me a while but glad to finally be a part of the DV community:)

paehtod

and found the cap was too tight
If you feel the cap too tight you may try to squeeze the cap opening a little bit. you may see the cap end is circle but the cap opening is a oval. try squeeze the oval a little bit to more circle, it helps mine a lot. (sorry my English not very good, wish you understand what i mean:p)

I must share this video to you guys that how my NonaVonG M whitewall the D020 without water, its like a silent pistol, watching it is healing~ and introducing some of my DIY little stuff. The silicone wine cap is so universal to fit my only electric vape and vapcaps.
Why i am so happy:rofl:? @Pipes just told me my skeletor is ready :rockon::rockon::rockon:

kushkush

happy camper....
If you feel the cap too tight you may try to squeeze the cap opening a little bit. you may see the cap end is circle but the cap opening is a oval. try squeeze the oval a little bit to more circle, it helps mine a lot. (sorry my English not very good, wish you understand what i mean:p)

I must share this video to you guys that how my NonaVonG M whitewall the D020 without water, its like a silent pistol, watching it is healing~ and introducing some of my DIY little stuff. The silicone wine cap is so universal to fit my only electric vape and vapcaps.
Why i am so happy:rofl:? @Pipes just told me my skeletor is ready :rockon::rockon::rockon:

That video was totally excellent! I can’t wait for you to get your skeletor from Pipes. :D But I will say you’re sure an expert with the torch! ;)

justcametomind

Hi guys I need help.
I use a glass OG Vapcap as my daily vape since three weeks or so.
I sort of like it because it's so fast to grab it and light it. The thing is my technique must be really bad since I combust at least a couple of times a day.
I suck in the herb from the grinder storage room to get a full bowl.
Maybe I'm not very keen turning the tip.
I heat to the center/base of the tip in rounds. In the past I started heating the tip of it but I never got much vapor. I also tend to get a good pull and then I stop cooking the bowl. This is good to keep lower consumption but maybe worse combusting risk? I also feel lazier and coughing much more than when using temperature controlled vaporizers from the effect of combustion. But it's so easy to grab the VapCap that I better learn more about it's technique. For starters I'm waiting for an M and I hope it will be more easy to control. I use a Prince Pocket Torch as a lighter (single torch) at lowest power and place the tip pretty far from it, could it be it takes too much. Shouldn't I scorch it placing it closer to the end of the blue flame? Lately I'm placing it closer to the torch flame but I combust as well.
Oh and I respect the click every time I hear it and stop after a few seconds if I don't.

Top Bottom