nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
FYI interest, I've sampled the most interesting (IMO) pics of the whole thread and pinned them at pinterest. Was astonished how often some pics are attached here ;)
Some pics I wanted to pin weren't able so. Pitty, some really nice ones.
If someone with rights on pics which he/she don't want being published at pinterest please drop me a short line. Will delete them at once - Thanks

Hope, it will help you to find interesting designs and combinations and nice VC gadgets.
OMG, I'm like a kid in a candy store! That's beatiful! Thanks so much for doing this.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Isn't the EVO chamber like hundreds of degrees cooler than a torch lighter? Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I've heated my glass vapcap with a propane torch even...
The fact that it is hundreds of degrees cooler is actually a problem. The only reason the o-rings stay cool enough is the fact that we have a very concentrated heat source near the tip that heats it quickly. This means the heat doesn't have time to reach the o-rings. If you heated the tip with a weak heat source it would have time to conduct through the cooling fins and eventually reach the o-rings and wood.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The fact that it is hundreds of degrees cooler is actually a problem. The only reason the o-rings stay cool enough is the fact that we have a very concentrated heat source near the tip that heats it quickly. This means the heat doesn't have time to reach the o-rings. If you heated the tip with a weak heat source it would have time to conduct through the cooling fins and eventually reach the o-rings and wood.

It took about 15 seconds to heat from what I saw, it sometimes takes almost twice that long with a single torch lighter for my cap to click. Many (including myself) have used their Vapcaps with Bic lighters and candles too which is about as weak of a heat source as it gets.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Hack for that hack, hows about making the ELB a little shallower so just the cap and ti tip enter the main heat?
I can lean the VC so that the longer side of the cap rests on the opposite wall. The further up the bamboo, the longer the heat up time. So there is control there.

Holding it in the EVO with the finger over the carb seems to be the least fuss from heat up to draw. I do mind if the condenser part gets hot being SS and the rings are supposed to be heat resistant. I might have heated the oils off the outside of my 'M' and panicked thinking it might be worse.

I will use the EVO hack only to use up half spent VC bowls as a practice. Might clean the outside in some manner. :hmm:
Maybe with hemp fiber, balled up screen, or taking pliers to an ELB bottom. (Sacrificial lamb for :science:)
I have enough glass adapters lying around to sacrifice. Anything that can hold my 'M' at the proper height and sit on top of the EVO and perhaps cover the carb also? Think of the midsection as being adapter friendly or an actual glass adapter. I also have a short thick glass stem that fits the cap end.

Now I understand what one poster was getting out of their VC and electric portable. :tup:I will drag out my discontinued vapes and give them a whirl. :science:Hope the Flowermate 1.0 Works. A ceramic bowled vape might be a god pairing. Any thoughts?
All these alternative heat options are neat, but the load and torch ritual I love and comforts the old combuster in me.
I am liking the portability and being off the grid. Oooray!
Used an alcohol stove to light my 'M''s. I might combust a twig and heat up my 'M's. Used a candle for slow heat ups. A few other combustion methods to play with fire and vaporize.

Squiby

FYI, I've sampled the most interesting (IMO) pics of the whole thread and pinned them at Pinterest.
it is wonderful having all those Vapcaps all together to browse in one place. I even see some of mine in there. Thanks for including them! No two Vapcaps are identical (I may be stretching that a bit...). Precision engineering with an individual flare.

It's a modern day Vapcap Museum. Dynavap is only a scant couple years old but already the Vapcaps are collectors items. Beautiful, efficient, collectors items.

PeteSeattle

Will you be selling cobalt 14mm vong stems at any point?
Thanks for asking ... sorry been with family for high school graduation for my nieces. I will soon. Until I'm comfortable with design and performance will I release any. That being stated I'm very close to opening a webpage soon! There are beta testers out there that I haven't sent models out because everytime I make a piece it just gets better. As with other Accessory Makers I think I'm making a wise choice to make sure I don't send out anything faulty. Thanks again for asking ... your enthusiasm (and others) keeps me going.

@SloJimFizz thanks for the feed back. Yeah that was a rather crude version. I only put minutes into it because I wanted to see if it would work. I'll go for a more clean one whilst taking my time with it. Thanks for the keen eye.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Great resource @Hogni! I saw a few of my pics but I didn't see one with my favorite stem, my @phattpiggie Blackwood Twist. Maybe add this picture if possible:

ETWXqxb.jpg

Thanks for asking ... sorry been with family for high school graduation for my nieces. I will soon. Until I'm comfortable with design and performance will I release any. That being stated I'm very close to opening a webpage soon! There are beta testers out there that I haven't sent models out because everytime I make a piece it just gets better. As with other Accessory Makers I think I'm making a wise choice to make sure I don't send out anything faulty. Thanks again for asking ... your enthusiasm (and others) keeps me going.

@SloJimFizz thanks for the feed back. Yeah that was a rather crude version. I only put minutes into it because I wanted to see if it would work. I'll go for a more clean one whilst taking my time with it. Thanks for the keen eye.
You take constructive criticism very well @PeteSeattle. :tup: I'm looking forward to your webpage.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Done!
May be cause there are already so much twisted ones? Or I couldn't pin it former?
But would it have pinned alone cause of the good pic ;)
Will continue pinning pics at this pinboard...
EDIT: Put link to Pinterest to my signature...

Last edited:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
And a recipe for making wood treating wax balm :
For 10 grams :

3 grams pure and unfiltered Bee wax
2 grams pure Carnauba wax
3 grams Sesame seed oil
2 grams Almond oil

Mix together ,heat slowly and gently until wax melts ,stir ,put in a container ,
let it cool down and is ready to use.

If you wish the wax balm to have woodbore insect repellent properties then
you add to the mix (before heating ) :

3 drops of Lavender essential oil
2 drops of Rosemary essential oil
2 drops of Citronella essential oil

The recipe was given to me by a carpenter ,friend of my father.
Guaranteed to protect your stems /bodies from rotting and wrapping ( and /or insect attacks ) .

Cheers.

Ricardo

:D Never used water but I'm gonna try to make a gravity vong with plastic water bottles, an M with carb-hole sealed and the rubber/silicone OG mouthpiece. But I have a couple of questions..... Does size matter? YouTube has dudes using buckets of water and 2 litre soda (pop, soft drink, mineral) bottles. I can kinda see how the gravity effect would be greater using these dimensions but I want to try with a 0.5l bottle inside a 1.5l bottle - would that work?
Also, the vapor isn't going to pass through the water, right? Is that the same as a regular bong? I thought the smoke/vapor bubbled through the water.... Will a gravity bvong cool/smoothen the vapor? :leaf:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
:D Never used water but I'm gonna try to make a gravity vong with plastic water bottles, an M with carb-hole sealed and the rubber/silicone OG mouthpiece. But I have a couple of questions..... Does size matter? YouTube has dudes using buckets of water and 2 litre soda (pop, soft drink, mineral) bottles. I can kinda see how the gravity effect would be greater using these dimensions but I want to try with a 0.5l bottle inside a 1.5l bottle - would that work?
Also, the vapor isn't going to pass through the water, right? Is that the same as a regular bong? I thought the smoke/vapor bubbled through the water.... Will a gravity bvong cool/smoothen the vapor? :leaf:
The water is acting as a piston in the bottle, drawing in air as you lift. The vapour doesn't pass through the water so it won't be cooled that way. What it will do is diffuse the vapour (thus cooling it) and let you take a big hit all at once.

Another diy smoking/vapour tool that is a brother to the gravity bong is a third lung. It involves using a plastic bag as the piston rather than water.

IMO both of these are fun since you get to see the vapour production.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also this is the way to wake up IMO, a 3mm drop of shatter in my Omni through the hexacannon. Yes, my desk is a mess. It's mostly from wood dust in my hair falling onto everything. I cleaned it last week!

wcbyx3.jpg

Last edited:

Ricardo

:tup:@Winegums .... Thanks for that, well explained. Sadly, my experiment failed:science:... The stash is running low so I ain't gonna waste X number of loads try, try, trying again, but definitely will have another go. I'm beginning to understand the science of it now:)...
I am happy to report that the Omni is working better than ever :D
Love your Vape Station... you're clearly a man who enjoys his weed :leaf:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Alright, I promised I'd post pictures of my heat anodized 4th Gen tip... Sorry it took way longer than I anticipated, but I finally snapped a couple decent pics of it today. Here they are:

ka072U2.jpg

WuvsQem.jpg

It's fun to add a little color to your Ti tip, and really easy too. All you need is a needle nose pliers to hold the tip. Presumably, everyone already has a torch lighter or two on hand. Make sure the tip is as clean as possible, dirt and oils will hinder the formation of the oxide layer (which is what makes it look colorful!). Heat it evenly and slowly; as you get past the bronze color and into the purples/blues the colors will come quickly, and once you pass a color you can't go back to it.

And BE CAREFUL!!! Don't burn yourself! This process involves heating the tip until it is almost red-hot. Way beyond normal vaporizing temperatures. Take extra precautions and be safe!

:cheers:

:peace:

bakerman

hello fellow vape friends,
been following this thread before and after I switched to dynavap vape,
before that my daily driver was the original Solo and occasionally the MFLB,

I have to say that i feel much more medicated with the dynavap and with less material than the previous two vapes I was using.
Also with the dynavap i almost have no cravings to smoke any more where with solo and MFLB i was occasionally smoking some joints here and there.

I wish I had more but for now I own a cocobolo ti woody and the M.

Since I got the M I'm trying to use it more and more because I like my ti woody so much and I don't won't to wear it out. Strange logic I know.

I have to say that every time I go back to woody I feel that the airflow is so much better than the M as well as the vapor production and at the end of the day the density of the high.

I've been doing mouthpulls with the M, try different loading options like pretty full or lightly packed etc but did not notice a serious difference.
I have to say that lightpacking works better for me for the M.

Where with the Ti woody i can stuff as much i can in there and it will still have a descent airflow when I inhale it.

I still think M is cool but it feels that the woody works much better.

thank you for your time reading that - if you did,
take it easy and try not to smoke any more if you ever did :)

kwent86

Hey Baker glad to hear your having a good experience. Here is my new ti glassy. Strangely this model was removed them from the website about a day after I ordered mine. Found a muffin tray insert that doubles as a ghetto dynastash :D

I have had about 10 sessions with the cap now. So far so good. My only gripe is the insane draw resistance. I plan to upgrade to an omni condenser with another body eventually. Is the draw resistance better with the omni?

hM48aMu.jpg

MuA7GRZ.jpg

Mod note: fixed broken image links

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
The Omni is essentially just like the woodie but with an adjustable carb hole. Open the carb up and it's like an Omni, close the carb and it's also like an Omni. Feathering the carb is trickier than twisting a mouthpiece to get the medium amounts of air mixed into your vapor.

I use my woodie with the carb wide open unless I'm attached to a dry bong. Then I close it. I'm getting the same amount of vapor as if it were closed, it's just cooler. It helps to have some big powerful lungs, though.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hey Baker glad to hear your having a good experience. Here is my new ti glassy. Strangely this model was removed them from the website about a day after I ordered mine. Found a muffin tray insert that doubles as a ghetto dynastash :D

I have had about 10 sessions with the cap now. So far so good. My only gripe is the insane draw resistance. I plan to upgrade to an omni condenser with another body eventually. Is the draw resistance better with the omni?

hM48aMu.jpg

MuA7GRZ.jpg

Mod note: fixed broken image links
draw resistance should not be 'insane' how are you packing it?

is the condenser gummed where it meets the cap inside?

I reckon the reason the Ti glassy isn't on the site is because it's sold out...they don't like to play with people's emotions, so they take it down.

BaroneBarra

draw resistance should not be 'insane' how are you packing it?

is the condenser gummed where it meets the cap inside?

I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but I also have a bit of a hard time sucking on my M, the infamous straw-in-the-milkshake feeling.

Your post made me wonder if that could be because of the tightness of my cap. I've noticed that, compared to when I started using my M, my cap got tighter, it's harder to put it in on the tip if it makes sense...the walls of the cap grind on the tip, I just have to press a bit.

So this made me wonder...is it possible that less air is coming in from the bottom of the M, resulting in a bigger draw resistance? Should I try to enlarge the cap a bit?

Cheers!

EDIT: re-reading my post, don't know if it's because I'm high in the sky or because I have the mind of a 14 yo but I'm laughing at all the sucking, the tightness and the grinding on the tip.
Peace out guys! :rofl:

Have a great day
:spliff:

Squiby

I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but I also have a bit of a hard time sucking on my M, the infamous straw-in-the-milkshake feeling.
if you are inhaling vapor directly into your lungs as you toke, you may benefit from trying the mouthpull technique instead.
Cover the air intake (carb) with your finger while you pull vapor into your mouth, like our are puffing on a cigar or drinking a liquid through a straw. Once the vapor is in your mouth, feather the air intake by releasing your finger from the air intake or by simply opening your mouth to bring in cool fresh air as you inhale the vapor from your mouth into your lungs.

Your post made me wonder if that could be because of the tightness of my cap.
you can adjust the fit of your cap by gently squeezing its sides to bring cap further out of round or into round.

Another element that may restrict vapor is if the condenser is pushed a bit too far into the tip. You can push it back a bit by removing the tip and using the digger outter on the cap to push the condenser slightly back toward the mp.

Top Bottom