invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was about to give away my first hand-made vong ...
But ...Oh,well,I decided to file it some more ,to trim it's shape .
And then sand it -again- till natural luster surface finish is achieved.
So far ,so good.
But by the time i was finished with the "revisiting" of the vong I decided that it's -definately-
a keepers .Actually,by now it has become my favourite.
Very precise carb control ,awesome feel in hands and although of it's cigar shape ,
I find it quite easier to roll.
It's my precious !

It's stunning.

LazyVaper

Beat me to it! Either way, I see nothing wrong with her being re-painted and bejeweled. Get why some may, but no wrong way to vapcap if you're getting good vapor and not combusting. If either are a problem, adjust how you like to fix and vape on!

+1, I think that's the beauty of the vapcap (one of many, actually). Versatility ftw. Lots of ways to heat it up. Electricity is pretty convenient when you're at home. But torches, candles, campfires, etc are great for off grid use (convenient too, really).

Now I want to see someone heat up their Vapcap with sunlight through a magnifying glass! :D

MrMonss

il_570xN.881578636_67lh.jpg

Sorry for the autoquote guys

img-20170607-204750056_imagesia-com_1e8j9.jpg

Doktor Dub

Hello fellow Vapcap-people,

after enjoying my Omnivap for some time, i never knew what to really post here, just because this thread is so great and all Info is there - thanks for this!

But now there might be some Info which could be appreciated by some of you.

In the past, there was some talk here about Magnets. Often the consensus was that the Dynastashes and the MAgnets sold by Dynavap work great, others not so much. So i tried some stuff i have at home and made a (for me) great discovery.

I own these very small and cheap Magnets (100 pieces like 10 euro) which i use for Whiteboards and so on:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00IQ4ZIFE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If i put two next to each other on a metal rolling tray, it holds my Omnivap just fine. It is not really strong enough to take the Cap off. If i put four of them in a rectangle, they hold my Vapcap very good and i can take the Cap off with them.
Four of them hold stronger than my Dynastash.

I can t guarantee that this will work for you but thought this could be of Interest...

Have a nice day!

pootsforjesus

I'm thinking of picking up a VapCap and giving it a go. The lack of batteries, cost of entry, and portability/stealth is really interesting to me. However, I go to the website to check it all out and I quickly start getting lost. I understand the various pieces to it, but with all the combinations and variations of parts, I'm unsure of where the best place for me to start is.

Little background - Thoughts behind what I've owned and used:
  • Pax 1 - great design, meh charging and heat up time, meh extraction and vapor output, meh upkeep
  • Pax 2 - awesome design, meh charging, alright heat up time, meh extraction and vapor output, meh upkeep
  • MFLB - awesome design, love the swappable batteries, tricky to use without combusting, super stealthy
  • Arizer Air - Eh design, love the swappable batteries (though carrying extra was way too bulky), meh heat up time, great extraction and taste
  • Elevape smart - great design, bit heavy, pretty stealthy, really finicky to use (can't get it working right for the life of me), somewhat pocketable, easy to clean, disappointed a lot by this one
  • Grasshopper - awesome heat up time, great flavor, gets really hot, sucks batteries dry really quickly (and inconsistently), awesome stealthiness and portability,
The stealthiness, pocket-ability, and not having to worry about lugging extra batteries with me on a long day/evening is what I'm super interested in. The grasshopper takes the cake for me, so-far, in regards to a portable vape. However, I'm tired of carrying 4+ spare batteries around in case I'm sharing a lot, and I think I'm starting to have hardware issues with it (had red/blue lights start flashing and the body got extremely hot to the point that I couldn't hold it in my hand).

Taking the above in to consideration, what would you all recommend is a good starting point, build/parts-wise?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I'm thinking of picking up a VapCap and giving it a go. The lack of batteries, cost of entry, and portability/stealth is really interesting to me. However, I go to the website to check it all out and I quickly start getting lost. I understand the various pieces to it, but with all the combinations and variations of parts, I'm unsure of where the best place for me to start is.

Little background - Thoughts behind what I've owned and used:
  • Pax 1 - great design, meh charging and heat up time, meh extraction and vapor output, meh upkeep
  • Pax 2 - awesome design, meh charging, alright heat up time, meh extraction and vapor output, meh upkeep
  • MFLB - awesome design, love the swappable batteries, tricky to use without combusting, super stealthy
  • Arizer Air - Eh design, love the swappable batteries (though carrying extra was way too bulky), meh heat up time, great extraction and taste
  • Elevape smart - great design, bit heavy, pretty stealthy, really finicky to use (can't get it working right for the life of me), somewhat pocketable, easy to clean, disappointed a lot by this one
  • Grasshopper - awesome heat up time, great flavor, gets really hot, sucks batteries dry really quickly (and inconsistently), awesome stealthiness and portability,
The stealthiness, pocket-ability, and not having to worry about lugging extra batteries with me on a long day/evening is what I'm super interested in. The grasshopper takes the cake for me, so-far, in regards to a portable vape. However, I'm tired of carrying 4+ spare batteries around in case I'm sharing a lot, and I think I'm starting to have hardware issues with it (had red/blue lights start flashing and the body got extremely hot to the point that I couldn't hold it in my hand).

Taking the above in to consideration, what would you all recommend is a good starting point, build/parts-wise?
Any VapCap will do a great job. You could simply pick one you like based on looks alone. That being said, here's some suggestions:

1. Low budget, foot in the door model: The M. Nearly indestructible and a great value.

2. Big budget, go all out model: The Omnivap. Titanium construction with adjustable airflow, so you can dial in the perfect vapor density.

3. Water fanatic model: The Nonavong. Allows native use with a female 14mm joint. It has a textured surface on the carb side to make it easier to locate, and the flat sides at the top keep it from rolling.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@xlr8shun Mrs.PP gave up with me a long time ago, 'lovely' is her favorite word. She doesn't even feign interest anymore.

@pootsforjesus
Design, awesome. No other portable vape offers the user the amount of choice the VC does.
Charging n/a
Heat up time, awesome. From fast and furious to slow and sedate you dictate the pace.
Extraction, awesome. From excellent flavor and lite clouds to thick vapor, considering the bowl size.
Ultra portable.
Not the stealthiest of devices because of the torch but once it's hot I wouldn't have thought many would second glance it as an MJ vaporizer.
OG, not the best looking once used and could attract some attention.

@Vapor_Eyes makes the point well. Budget is something to consider.
You get the best of both worlds if you buy an M and a Ti tip.

If you get on well then remember you're about to enter 'Legoland for Stoners' and VCAS seems a pretty serious affliction.

ank

Had a realization while making my morning coffee...

Vapcap is to Vaporizing as Aeropress is to Espresso.
- Simple, ceremonial use
- Exothermal, no electronics
- World class results comparable to machines 10X the price

stressed

i just learned a valuable lesson. if you clean your omnivap, it works 100 percent better. go figure eh?

i'm such an idiot, i was sucking very hard to get a hit and not once did i think that maybe it was clogged up. DUH!

so now it hits beautifully. :lol:

for some reason the piece that holds the weed is a bit crooked and i can't seem to get it on straight. i haven't tried to muscle it over as there is a chance i'm doing something wrong. one of the downfalls of staying lightly vaked much of the time.

being retired, the hardest decision i have to make today is if i want to stay straight enough to go to one of the pot shops to get a free 1/8th for buying a 1/4 oz or just say fuck it and do it tomorrow. or wed...

Last edited:

Squiby

I understand the various pieces to it, but with all the combinations and variations of parts, I'm unsure of where the best place for me to start is. Taking the above in to consideration, what would you all recommend is a good starting point, build/parts-wise?

All the Vapcap models are fantastic vapes. They all perform wonderfully. I think your Vapcap choice should come down to cost, function and aesthetics.

The M is the basic entry level Vapcap. It has a rugged and attractive stainless steel construction. It is the heaviest Vapcap and weighs one third more (20 grams) than the Omnivap (13 grams) which is made from titanium. The M is a trooper and it only costs $50 to fall in love with it. It's a small investment to dip your toe into the world of Vapcap.

The Uni's; Ti Woodies, Ti Carbons and Ti NonaVonGs all sport the titanium tip. The Ti Tip is very finely milled. It has a more detailed neck design and carries an additional oring. The chamber is notched to allow a greater convection and less restricted air path. The chamber interior has ground ridges for three screen placement options. These are premium vaporizers. The Ti Tipped models are fully modular. Switch up the parts to come up with your personal custom Vapcap. These start at around $80.

The Omni is the ultimate top of the line Vapcap. Built mostly from titanium, it is an engineering marvel and is milled to extremely tight tolerances. The Omni condenser and mouthpiece thread together. You set your desired air restriction with a twist of the mp. This "set it and forget it" feature is very convenient. The Omni condenser creates a more robust, more solid vape, built to withstand just about anything you can throw at it. Coupled with a NonaVonG body, it's a must when using with water tools. The Omni is an indestructible beast, stunningly beautiful and built to last a lifetime. Maybe two.

From the three general models described above, pick the one that fits your budget, $50, $80-$125 or $160+. From there, if you've chosen a an Uni, choose a body or stem that appeals to you and a mouthpiece. If you want to use it with water tools, choose a NonaVonG body or stem. If you have large hands choose an XLS model that uses a stem and a wood mp. The XLS model is 17mm longer than all other Vapcaps.

If you choose an Omni, simply choose the body that appeals to you most.

Don't worry too much about your choice. All Vapcaps perform admirably. And the modular build allows you to switch out components later on. One of the simple joys of owning a Vapcap is owning more Vapcaps. :clap:

Read the links to previous posts below for operation tips and Vapcap First Aid components that you might want to include with your order, like orings for example.

Enjoy your first choice and have fun!

Doktor Dub

Very excited. I haven't purchased a new vape in years. I've got an Omni and M on the truck for delivery for today and have two questions:

1. Did you clean your M before first use?
2. How do I get a glass body for my Omni?

Definitly clean all your Vapes before useing. I cleaned my Omnivap before the first use and that was a very good Idea...

pootsforjesus

Hell yeah. I think I may just grab the M for the time being and see how I like it all. I'm usually the kind of guy that goes all out and gets the best he can get so I know I'm getting the full, optimal experience, but it seems like that may not be necessary this time around.

Thanks a ton for the help!

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
Any VapCap will do a great job. You could simply pick one you like based on looks alone. That being said, here's some suggestions:

1. Low budget, foot in the door model: The M. Nearly indestructible and a great value.

2. Big budget, go all out model: The Omnivap. Titanium construction with adjustable airflow, so you can dial in the perfect vapor density.

3. Water fanatic model: The Nonavong. Allows native use with a female 14mm joint. It has a textured surface on the carb side to make it easier to locate, and the flat sides at the top keep it from rolling.

I 've to add a short note -as a fan of Nonavongs -that I do not use any water tools with my Nonavongs.
I use them like any other UNI / Glass /M / OMNI models.
You can say that what I think of the Nonavongs is this:
They are the simplest -as in " minimal" - and most durable (thick wooden stems ) ,
but classy wooden VCs.
No spinning mps and no moving condensers yet lightweight and versatile little wonder-vapes.

:2c:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
There be magnets inside that ceramic? How interesting. I hope the heat of the kiln doesn't reduce the magnetism...

Does DV offer a XL Nonavong stem, meaning a NV the length of a stem plus a mp? I think the stem and MP would be too long for some of my glass joints.

They sure do bud,

EXAMPLE: STEM: NONAVONG BLACKWOOD

You'd need something like an XL Omni condenser which has the Ti MP built into it.

I just want to share my latest Arts&Crafts project:

cnkD3jF.jpg

I'm about to fire a kiln load. And the idea hit me to make some ceramic vapecap stands. I have no idea if they will work. But well find out soon enough.

Shout out to @Kermitt for the magnet info!

I wanna say those cookies look delish...but...I need to vape more before that happens :p

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
There be magnets inside that ceramic? How interesting. I hope the heat of the kiln doesn't reduce the magnetism...

Does DV offer a XL Nonavong stem, meaning a NV the length of a stem plus a mp? I think the stem and MP would be too long for some of my glass joints.
DV offers either stems or bodies. 62mm or 45mm. MP's are 17mm in length. A body and a MP equals a standard condenser, a stem alone equals a standard condenser. A stem and a MP equals an XL condenser. To the best of my knowledge, DV does not offer an "XL" stem.

Top Bottom