GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hash is lovely to vape and it behaves nicely. The AVB comes out just as it went in, as a slice or as a pressed pancake, but it will darker and more brittle.

No special bowl preparation is needed. No need to fill or pack the bowl. Just pop it in there, cap it and heat.

I do use a hemp filter/screen sandwich in my Vapcap tips but this is mostly to prevent tiny plant particulates from dry flowers from entering the airpath and irritating my lungs. Because I vape my hash in intact shapes and not crumbled I don't find that the hash gives off any particulates. Nor does it seem to increase the need to clean more often.

Your vapor production will depend on the amount of hash you load into your Vapcap and how aggressively you heat it.

Nice, that sounds like a nice way of hitting the hash :D

I'm going to give all my VC's a good clean when I get home and try this out.

I do a similar screen filter as you but use very fine SS mesh instead hemp fiber.

Thanks for the feedback.

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Had a gen2 woody for ages...

Got a gen4 woody a month ago to take to Colorado for my holiday...

When I got back I set the oven to the smallest setting... And it makes virtually no difference, apart from the massive saving in flowers...

Does everyone use it on the smallest setting???

My gen2 just seems like a hungry herb eater now.... relativity of course...

Still a damn sight better than the solo or evo in that respect..

So iv made my gen 2 a dedicated vong...
I keep mine set at the middle setting, it's perfect for me. The VapCap is by far the most economical of my vapes.

:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I keep mine set at the middle setting, it's perfect for me. The VapCap is by far the most economical of my vapes.

Yep... I think I just decided to sell my bearly used solo (warranty replacement), to put towards an omni...

But I want an xl... are they available...
And I don't want a gen5...
I want another gen4...

Iv never used the fc classifieds...
Maybe I'll give it a shot...

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I use a 16th of a teaspoon (called a 'smidgeon' on the handle...)

It fills the full bowl loosely, packs reasonably @ 'half-staff', and packs tightly in the shallows. Each is a very different smoking experience, but consumption remains consistent.

It gives me a consistent weight/measure of ~0.073g for ~22 loads per gram - which is more than I have time to smoke, honestly! On a 'high-traffic' day, I could toast 3 or 4, maybe...and that still makes a gram last a week. I'll be running tests soon, and may update some of this :tup:

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Does everyone use it on the smallest setting???
I have worked my way down to the smallest bowl size. Budget cuts have caused me to really hafta make what I have last, and the adjust a bowl has been my savior. Between skipping a bowl here and there and a bit of will power, and the insanely small amount of herb that I use my tolerance has dropped and I'm getting higher than ever, and using less and less weed. But the session remains the same, even with a third of the weed somehow, same amount of heat cycles.. seemingly same amount of vapor..higher and higher..just pure fucking magic

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I have worked my way down to the smallest bowl size. Budget cuts have caused me to really hafta make what I have last, and the adjust a bowl has been my savior. Between skipping a bowl here and there and a bit of will power, and the insanely small amount of herb that I use my tolerance has dropped and I'm getting higher than ever, and using less and less weed. But the session remains the same, even with a third of the weed somehow, same amount of heat cycles.. seemingly same amount of vapor..higher and higher..just pure fucking magic
Definitely magic! I was wondering how much herb I had left out of an ounce purchased several months ago, and weighed it out to 18 grams. I only had used about 10 grams or so the whole time. It's almost like my stash replenishes itself... Granted, I'm a lightweight micro-doser, so my use is around .05-.07 grams per day, and my tolerance has stayed extremely low.

alterego420

Not to worry, they ship the VapCaps out in a smell proof doob tube style case. They work really well to protect the VC and stop any odours.

Absolutely like those, you can see them in the Dynvap Store under - Accessories, each VapCap order comes with one but if you want another to store materials or whatever you can add more to the order.

P.S. Wrap the VapCap in a segment of tissue to stop it from rattling.

Thanks guys, I do currently use the tubes the vapcaps came in. Apologies, as I didn't make it at all clear in my op, but I was thinking more of a small pouch or box/case. I've looked at dugouts but they're too short unfortunately.

Cheers

antispleen

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks guys, I do currently use the tubes the vapcaps came in. Apologies, as I didn't make it at all clear in my op, but I was thinking more of a small pouch or box/case. I've looked at dugouts but they're too short unfortunately.

Cheers
I bought this slide top box off Amazon for 20 bucks and added a magnet from dynavap. I had to drill it out a bit, and it was very close, but I managed not to punch thru the bottom. Fits everyone except my nonavong. And the herb compartment is huge. Very happy how it came out.
Took this video before I got the magnet on there

alterego420

I bought this slide top box off Amazon for 20 bucks and added a magnet from dynavap. I had to drill it out a bit, and it was very close, but I managed not to punch thru the bottom. Fits everyone except my nonavong. And the herb compartment is huge. Very happy how it came out.
Took this video before I got the magnet on there

Nice one. Is it a dugout box? Would the stash space take a lighter do you think?

Thanks

alterego420,

grokit

well-worn member
My latest vapcap contraption :cool:

OkVZIQm.jpg

It performs very well with a cool draw from the long transfer wand,
and offers a carb effect when separating the two pieces.

So many ways to vapcap :tup:

:sherlock:

Derrrpp

Yep... I think I just decided to sell my bearly used solo (warranty replacement), to put towards an omni...

But I want an xl... are they available...
And I don't want a gen5...
I want another gen4...

Iv never used the fc classifieds...
Maybe I'll give it a shot...
As far as I know the XL omni is not available yet. Last I heard they were in the works and will be added to the shop soon. I'm waiting for one myself, as I really want to try the omni but I much prefer the XL length.

Here's a quote from one of George's updates a little over a month ago:

Onto some other news, the all titanium Omnivap is scheduled for a return around the end of this month. It will reappear with a new and exciting member of the family. The Omnivap XL. Pictures coming soon.

I can't wait! :spliff:

Much as I'd like one, I can't really foresee being able to justify the price of a Dynastash any time soon. I'm on the look out for a good, cheapish solution for storage and carrying.

If you don't have a dynastash, what are you using?

Cheers
I use a glasses case to store my VapCaps. Similar to this one:
61KOTpnDMUL._UY395_.jpg

I have a small piece of bubble wrap lining the inside and I store all three of my VapCaps and both of my Solo stems in there. Works pretty good, I've dropped it a few times and no broken glass or anything so far (knock on wood lol).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@grokit, that's an awesome VapCap contraption! I need to get a j-hook or something to use mine with. And I totally dig the pewter Silver Surfer by the way lol. :rockon:

MonkeyTime

Yes, yes, yes! Sometimes life just works out, that our karma is catching up with me and owes me!

I just found out about the VC's the other day and ordered an OV and dynastash, they so reminded me of my youth.

It wasn't supposed to get here until Sat, and we're gone for a wedding this weekend. First, Randy and the PIU gang did me right and it got here today! Of course, that's not enough, I wasn't paying attention and forgot it would need a signature, so this afternoon I was terrified to see it rejected and not able to be picked up until tomorrow :cry:

I live in a small town, so I swung by the post office to see if I could talk them into digging thru the truck to get it and found out it would have gone back to the neighboring town's office. Luck would have it, I could talk them into finding it and I was able to retrieve it :rockon:

I'm three sessions in and see a world of potential in this thing!

HUGE CLOUDS! Wow, I wasn't expecting them so fast. I must be really close to the edge of combustion already, my first two loads each went with one heating, two hits to clear and they were well toasted (top left - first, top right - second). The third load I heated it a second time and was again greated with more cloudage, but severely toasted taste (bottom). The taste has been mosty crummy so far, all my fault I know. And I have had a few tasty hits since my first three (I'm hitting and typing, look out!) so I'm very sure it's technique based.

Heatup with a single flame that I was using with my SBJ earlier is decent, I'll be digging out my Tri-Flame later if there's time.

I'll bring a Mighty or something with me this weekend just because, but I think this will be the only thing I use. It's a very clear heady high and the effects didn't so much as sneak up on me as just appear, and maybe a bit more than I needed. I can see this will be perfect for 2 minute sneak offs into the bedroom or bathroom and done. I just need to figure out lowering the temps a bit to keep the smell down. The way I've been hitting it I get a big wiff before I hit it and it almost smells burnt lol.

I can't wait to spend some quiet time with this thing and learn the little things. I think some woodys are in my future too, have to believe they're easier in the cold months?

I'm on page 140ish in this monster thread, I read a few pages and skip 20 or so, so as not to miss too much. Have to say, for a thread this long, about a vape(s) that is modular and needs some technique, I was really disappointed in the best of thread. Either way, loving my early impressions and can't wait to learn more.

This will make me forget about all my GH woes, it's fun.

MT

**Edit - Just got a wonderfully tasty hit, heated it further towards the end and a bit further from the flame. Still a touch woody, but getting better already. I'm guessing there's a conversation somewhere about what sort of temps we figure we're at when the cap clicks hot and then again at the cool end (Maybe George was kind enough to say design?) , I'll either find it or search, but I guess I wouldn't mind an answer to something I was thinking about even before getting this, is there any reason to keep hitting it after it's clicked cool?

Thanks for putting up with my stonedlongramblingpostILOVETHISTHINGALREADY!

Last edited:

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@VapCap Forgive me George for I have sinned it's been over 48 hours since I last used butane.

It's just too easy, 24 bowls in since it arrived and it's great. Don't get me wrong I love my torch but.....

Huge bonus for those with less dexterity, no worries with the wind for out and about, click is very audible and it's quiet.

It's as good if not better, strike me down and make me file Squares, as a torch.

grokit

well-worn member
A little rough to rotate I would think... ;)

Then again, the Silver Surfer has skilz...
Mad skilz! He would just use the power cosmic to heat that cap from the inside out :tup:

I use it at home with my jarhead so no rotation is ever necessary. My technique is to heat the cap while holding just the small adapter piece of glass, then I join it with the transfer wand and draw from it.

edit:
I am NOT getting one of these.
:haw: So we can put you down for two then?

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Derrrpp

Yeah, I do kinda like the looks of the gen 4 tip more than the 5. It looks more... refined. Or something. :shrug:

I am curious to see how the gen 5 tip performs compared to the 4. It makes sense that people have reported faster heat-up/cool-down times. Less mass = less energy to heat. That's good from an energy-savings standpoint. How that translates in the experience of the vape, I'm not sure. I'll see for myself eventually, I suppose...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@kellya86 I have 4th gen tips for sale.

Brilliant, when can I have one????

Edit:- just remembered I'm awaiting a stem from you anyway, so if you could just put a gen4 tip aside to send with my existing order, it would be much appreciated.... thank you........

Oh and I already sold my solo... that was easy....

Last edited:

alterego420

As far as I know the XL omni is not available yet. Last I heard they were in the works and will be added to the shop soon. I'm waiting for one myself, as I really want to try the omni but I much prefer the XL length.

Here's a quote from one of George's updates a little over a month ago:

I can't wait! :spliff:

I use a glasses case to store my VapCaps. Similar to this one:
61KOTpnDMUL._UY395_.jpg

I have a small piece of bubble wrap lining the inside and I store all three of my VapCaps and both of my Solo stems in there. Works pretty good, I've dropped it a few times and no broken glass or anything so far (knock on wood lol).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@grokit, that's an awesome VapCap contraption! I need to get a j-hook or something to use mine with. And I totally dig the pewter Silver Surfer by the way lol. :rockon:

Haha, a splendid idea thanks. I've got a spare glasses case and I've just had a play with it. It'll either happily fit my vapcap [in doobtoob], jet lighter and a stash or my mflb, three batteries and a stash.

Thanks mate. This'll keep me going until I have the readies for some proper dynastash chic :)

Top Bottom